At the park

No Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

– 현애 Hyun Ae –


I couldn’t help but feel giddy, Jungmo oppa is finally going to propose to Eun Mi onni. I tried the ring on to see how it would look like and it really looked pretty.

I wonder when I’m going to get married? Haha, what a silly question to ask. But I so envy the two right now, so in love and… Shoot, my phone suddenly started to vibrate from my pocket, and I almost jumped up.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Hyun Ae-ssi…”

“Shinhae… what’s up? Are you feeling okay?”

Shinhae has been trying to avoid Hyuk for the past few days since she’s been having some worries of her own.

“I talked to Hyuk earlier, and I really don’t know how he’s taking it. I’m going nuts trying to avoid him…”

I know exactly how she feels, I’ve been through the same situation but a bit different, well, in some sense. This apparently needs some girl to girl intervention of some sort.

“Why don’t you just tell him everything, I mean, things would be a lot easier that way, don’t you think?”

“I want to, I mean, I was tempted to tell him earlier, but I guess I wanted to tell him personally and see how he would react or something…” she muttered.

“If things were a lot easier, and if he wasn’t a celebrity…” I stated.

“Yeah, I know…” she sighed heavily, “listen, Ae Rin onni agreed to sleep over tonight, would you want us to go to your place, or mine instead?”

I pondered for a bit before answering, “Anywhere is fine…”

“Hmmm, I think it’s safer to stay at your place… Since you’re the only one who’s there…”

“But are you prepared to see Hyukjae? You might bump into him or something…”

“I think I can manage to sneak in and out of your place…”

I pity Shinhae, she sounded so worn out and so tired… If there was some way to help her…

“Hyun Ae-ssi… thanks for being there… you and Ae Rin onni helped me out a lot, I don’t know what I would’ve done if you two weren’t there.”

“Don’t worry about it… maybe things will work out fine… who knows, right?”

“Yeah… anyway, where are you? You have the day off right? And tomorrow too?”

“Yup…” I excitedly answered. I felt giddy again thinking about the reason on why I took the two day leave. “Jungmo oppa is going to propose marriage!” I added happily.

“WHAT?! Propose?!” she almost yelled. I thought my eardrums were going to fall off!

“Yeah, he finally had the guts to ask his girlfriend to get married with him, isn’t it exciting?” I sighed blissfully. I’m a self confessed hopeless romantic and I’m helping him think of a way to propose to her in a romantic sense, since he said it himself that he had no romantic feel or whatsoever. But the thing is, asking for the hand of the person you love is romantic itself. Eun Mi onni is really lucky!

“Wait… I’m lost… You’re dating Jungmo but she proposed to his girlfriend? I don’t get it…”

“Uh…” I was speechless. Okay, I did not expect to just blow off my cover like that. Geez! That was pretty careless of you Hyun Ae!! And so I got overly excited again!

“Yah! Lee Hyun Ae!!!”

“Can I explain later?”

“No, I want details, now!!!” she demanded.

“Fine… Jungmo oppa… he’s my… he’s my cousin…” I finally admitted. “And I pretended to date him just so you all would think that I’m over Donghae…”

“And?”

“But don’t think of this differently… I was over him a long time ago… and yet, I was unable to get out of the lie…” I added defensively.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter