Still Not Over You

No Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- 동해 Donghae –


The last time that I saw her was over a year ago, and that was back in Japan. My heart was nearly crushed when I found out that she was already dating someone, but I had to hide everything that I was feeling in order for her to be happy.

When the guys aren’t around, I still check her old place from time to time… I miss her badly. I wonder when I was going to see her again, but it’s not as if she’s ever going back here.

Thinking about it, I couldn’t get over the fact that she could be my first and last, but I won’t be her last, apparently.

Every single day was just like a routine… wake up before lunch, go to work, then go back home after everything’s done, then sleep. Just , big time!

In a month or two, Hyun Ae’s going to graduate from the University and she’s probably getting married with that Jungmo guy soon.

But I’m actually quite thankful that I don’t get the chance to see her, or talk to her—things had become less painful but I couldn’t still deny the fact that I still think about her every damn day, and I also made it a point to hide my true feeling from the guys since I knew too well that they will just pester me and force me to go after her again.

There’s one phrase that I always say that makes them shut up—“She’s not even worth it.”

I’ve said that line thousands or even millions of times, but somehow it doesn’t convince me simply because I think the other way around… she was and still is worth every breath and it was my own fault on why things ended.

Yeah, I broke up with her.

I’ve been like a walking zombie ever since that fateful day. I just do whatever it is that needs to be done, not doing anything out of impulse which is totally pathetic in my own point of view.

“Yah! We have to go now, the party’s going to start!” Hankyung hyung called out to me again.

Tonight was Teukie hyung’s birthday, but the party would be for him and Heechul hyung. The company and the members have prepared a surprise party for them, so I really had no idea on who the guests will be, all I know was, the party will be held at this place owned by our company, and that’s it.

If I remembered correctly, this date was also the same date I’ve met her, it was also Teukie hyung’s birthday, but that was ages ago… six years?

“Give me a minute!” I yelled back.

I glanced once again in the mirror and checked my reflection. I was looking half decent… that was fine, I guess… I grabbed my phone and headed to the door where Hankyung hyung was waiting for me.

“Where are the others?” I asked as we made our way out.

“They went ahead. Yesung hyung told me to wait for you…”

“I see… who’s going to be there?” I couldn’t help but ask. “Anyone I know…”

“Probably…” he taunted and just grinned.

What the hell was he thinking? I don’t like the way he’s looking at me.

While waiting for the elevator door to open, I heard a door closed. It’s impossible that it was from our dorm, or the other’s, “Do we have a new neighbor?”

“Yeah… Actually, we do.” He shortly replied.

So the other place was already occupied. And to think that a part of me was somehow expecting for Hyun Ae to be back, hoping that I’d see her again, “but I thought they already bought the place?” I couldn’t stop my curiosity.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter