Back to basics

No Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- 동해 Donghae –

 

Don’t they know how much they’re torturing me these past few days? Ever since Hyun Ae came back, there were a lot of incidents that we get stuck together—either forced or not… thinking about it, I should be happy that there are some instances like this, but the thing is, everyone knows that she’s in love with someone, so there’s really no point.

“Are you feeling better now?” I couldn’t help but ask her. The silence was deafening, and I’m starting to hate being awkward with her.

And like the other day, she seemed to be out of it again, “Huh?”

“I was asking if you’re feeling better now…”

“Oh yeah, I’m fine.” She replied quietly.

“Are you sure?” I asked again.

“Yes.”

Great. How can I start a conversation here when she herself is making it obvious that she didn’t want to talk to me?

“Okay.” I just stated. I again diverted my attention back to my phone.

“I’m sorry Donghae… I was just feeling a bit stressed out.” She suddenly said. “I had a really long day today.”

Her mentioning my name somehow gave me shivers and it made me smile for no apparent reason. She called my name again, and I couldn’t be happier.

“I’m still your friend you know… you can talk to me if things get tough… and I’ll… I’ll listen.” I assured her.

Why is it so hard to be nice to her when we’re in front of other people, but every time we’re alone it just comes out naturally?

She suddenly laughed at me and shook her head.

“Mwo?”

“Nothing…” she looked away but she was smiling.

“Come on, tell me.” I whined like I spoiled kid.

“Haven’t you noticed? You’re being nice to me.” Again, she laughed like it was the funniest thing ever.

“Is that a bad thing?” I acted hurt… “But seriously, should I not?”

“Well, I like it… I hope it would always be like this though.” She admitted, “I miss fooling around with you guys, and don’t you think that it’s a bit weird when we fight in front of the guys?”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Technically speaking, we started out as friends… so hopefully, we could still be friends. And what happened between us was ages ago…”

“I couldn’t agree more…”

But honestly, that wasn’t what I was feeling. Yeah, it has been ages… but somehow, it seemed unfair that I’m the only who still thinks about what we had in the past.

Yeah, I couldn’t get over the fact that she’s still in my mind every single day, I still feel jealous when I see her with someone else… but of course, there’s no way that I can admit that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter