A question and a half

No Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

- 현애 Hyun Ae –

Today’s supposedly a full moon, right? Why can’t I see the moon yet? And it’s late, I have to sleep in a bit, and for sure, I won’t be able to wake up early again…

I need this job, I know, but I needed to see the moon and take a picture of it… or else, I wouldn’t be able to get a good sleep just thinking about it.

The roof deck’s getting creepy though, I’ve never really stayed here until midnight, and it was chilly.

“Hey, I was calling you…” someone suddenly said while I was fully concentrating on my camera’s view finder, trying to get a good view of the lights, since the moon was nowhere to be found.

But the thing was, since any company was unwelcome at this time, and I almost fell off my seat, good thing he caught me in time. “Thanks…” I muttered while fixing myself.

I looked at Donghae, and he was trying to stifle a laugh…

“What?”

“Nothing, be careful next time…” he said and pinched my left cheek. “What are you waiting for anyway, we have an early schedule tomorrow… shouldn’t you be sleeping?”

“I’m waiting for the moon…” I slumped back to my seat and he sat beside me.

“Why?”

“Just because…”

“You’re really weird…” he commented and laughed again.

“But that doesn’t stop you from going out with me before…” I suddenly blurted, but when I realized what I just said, I stopped, “Sorry…”

“It’s fine… no worries…” he assured me. “Are you sure you want to wait for the moon?”

“Yeahp, definitely!” I quickly answered. “What time is the schedule tomorrow anyway?”

“We have to be there by 7, I think…”

“Shoot, that’s too early!” I whined.

“Didn’t you know?”

I just shrugged. I actually didn’t know the schedule, everything is in my planner, and I was just going to set my alarm before going to bed, to check for the schedules and stuff.

“Teukie hyung’s going to kill us both if we’re late tomorrow…” he added.

“We?”

“Yeah, there’s no way that I’m going to leave you here on your own…”

“I’m not a kid…”

“Yeah, but with you almost falling off this bench earlier, do you think I could leave you?”

When we were dating before, I remembered how overprotective of me he was… and he’s acting like this again. I don’t want him to act that way around me, I might get the wrong idea, and worst, I might fall for him again.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Nothing…” I again diverted my attention to my camera, so I wouldn’t notice his sweet-nothings.

Its fine, it means nothing if he wanted to keep me company… it’s not like this is something new, right?

+ + + +

“Hey, we’re here…” I felt a light nudge before opening my eyes.

“Thanks…”

Donghae was the one who woke me up again.

The moon rose at around 3 in the morning, and we ended up not sleeping. Good thing some the make up covered my eye bags, so it’s not that obvious that I didn’t sleep, but I was actually a bit disoriented, like always.

The boys gave me a ride, since I didn’t have my car yet, and Kyuhyun barged into my place early in the morning just to be sure that I was already up…

So much for trying to snooze even for 10 minutes.

“Why are you so lively?” I asked Donghae as we went inside the building; I couldn’t help but yawn, “excuse me…” I said as I covered my mouth. Darn, I miss my bed.

“There’s this thing that you call coffee, you know…” he smirked.

“It’s as if I had the chance to have my cup… I even forget to eat breakfast… Stupid Kyuhyun barged into my apartment, and insisted that I should start preparing since I’m slow…” I complained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter