She's back.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

/back from avery long break , yeahh.  I am not sure if you guys are waiting for me to just finish it off or to contiune this story  .   .    . it will be cool if you let me know so I can see which way I wanna go. As alwayse thank you very much for reading . /

 

“ .   .    .  Well, for the fourth week now we have the stocks of jk on red with 39 cent below than the price they started this year with “  before the radio even went into detail about the news the assistant was to quick to silence it, but the ceo sitting at the back have caught whatever glimpse that echoed through the car .

          His companies state was no news anymore, anybody concerned with business or even pays any attention to stocks is already fully aware of the Jk corporations downhill path that had started when the executive director stepped off. It was no news anymore and all that are witnessing it could now only care about how fast the downhill slide is gonna be.  

 

     “ .   .    .  Who is leading the meeting?”  in between his coughs the ceo asked and the assistant sitting in front was to quick as he replied with a small bow .

 

   “ .   .   . Lay sir” was the reply . Short and direct.

 

    The lay that had stepped up and tried to hold the company  together has been the only one trying his best to keep the management smoothly running . Even with his uncle and mom at his side lay has proven to most that no matter how many people he gets aid from, he will never be able to do the type of work his brother by himself used to pull off. Anybody who had any doubt in jae’s ability to run a business is surely now convinced at the ammount work he actually does locked in his office since now the whole management team couldn't even finish off the projects he started let alone start new projects .

 

   From the doormen to the shareholders everybody that  gets a check with jk logo was now fully aware of the void in the executive director office was no joke and a seat that could not easily be replaced .   .   . Not just the work but the whole environment just seemed different after he left.  Nobody had even time to gossip about anything as everybody who worked at the headquarters was flooded with things to do . The main goal every body has been passed down was to make sure the company just doesn't lose millions per day , which hasn't been going well.

 

 “ .    .    . Did you found out where jae is ?” the dad asked as his right hand reached out and grabbed the water bottle from the small fridge in front.   

 

  “ .   .    He is at the myeongdong house  .   .“the assistant again replied with a short and direct answer, not giving more than he was asked of. Even Though he expected it, the answer he got had left the ceo a bit shocked. A major heart attack and almost ten days in the hospital but jae that lives ten minutes from the hospital was a no show nor did he even call. After publically quitting his job, jae had disappeared as though he had cut all his ties from his father and the company . After his shocking behaviour at the ceo’s office that day the dad hadn't even seen a glimpse of jae but only heard about his whereabouts.

 

   Lay who had visited two or three times had tried not to start the jae conversation as he just sat next to his dad and talked only about business. He above all have now accepted that it was nowhere possible to make amends with his dad and his hyong now .   . . The cuts were too deep .   .   .  The pain was still fresh for it to heal or ignore and lay who had just recently been let into his brother's life would never risked being pushed out again by trying to force jae to accept their dad. He had seen how much effort it had taken for jae to even be this tolerant of lay around him, something if there was no hyeon that would never had happened.

 

    “ .    .      What does he do all day ? . ” the dad taking his first sip asked . He can't help but be curious as to what his busy bee son does all day now. He can't help wonder as to what had kept jae away from even visiting him once.  

 

  “ .    .    .  Well, he just stays home  .    . “ was the reply.

 

   “  .     .    We are only following around his cars and movement so we don't actually know what goes on inside his house     .  “ he explained why his answer was not much to feed the ceos curiosity.

 

   “ .   .  Huh   .     “ the dad sighed as he took a couple of sips of the water and placed it by the cup holder. His nervous hands were acting a bit fidgety as he tried fixing his watch . Already warned to keep himself in a calm state and never put himself in stress full situation ,the ceo is beyond worried at what the outcome of the shareholders meeting will be .

 

  “ .   .   .  Huh     . “ he sighed again as he folded his arms and set his eyes to the road.  .   .  He has done much thinking while he was stuck in that hospital bed for days .   .    It's said it's when you're at your lowest that you start realizing all the things you had taken for granted .   .   . When your life hits rock bottom is when you think deep and realize all that you have had and never for a second even cared to be thankful for or all the opportunities you had missed .

   

    It’s when your days have been numbered down and you start praying to wake up for another day that's the day you start thinking about the life you have lived .   .  If you , now looking back were content with all that you have dien with what have been given to you .   .    All the money , all the power , all the knowledge that you have had  .    .    .  Are you happy with how you have lived now that you are facing death.

 

   “ .    .    . We are here sir “ it was the assistant that announced their arrival as he car slowed down as it entered the main parkway of the headquarters.

 

 

  The tall building right in front of them that they had seen millions of time looked shorter and depressing than ever. Maybe it was the cloudy day that had swallowed the sun that was nowhere to be sun but the gloomy weather adding to the depressing state the company was in it was very apparent even on the building that used to warm the dad heart just by it grand posture.  

 

   “ .   .   . Sir “ the driver holding the door open bowed as he ceo walked out .  .    . Every employee  is sight had a full 90 degree bow as the cep they hadn't seen in weeks got out of the car and started walking up the stair to the entrance. Crushing all the rumors of his death the ceo looked as fabulous  as always in his custom made suit . But the toll all the drama and heart attack have taken on him was evident  on his face.

 

 “ .   .  . Sir the meeting is in 5 minutes, here is the file case “ the secretary running out the building gave a quick bow as she handed the ceo the small paper.

 

  “ .   .    .  Is everybody here ?”the ceo folding and placing the small, paper in his picket lead the way . Not even for a second did he look back as he walked through the line of people bowing his way before they gawk and start gossiping about his presence.

 

  “ .    .  Yes sir “she replied as she stood a bit away when the ceo halted his walk  .   .  

 

  “ .    .    . Your lawyer and the company lawyers are ready. as per your order seats have been prepared for them in the conference room “

 

  “ .    .    . I’ ve prepared a copy of the files you sent me and ready to go . We have also checked the dates and matched it along with everything else” as though she was a robot not even once did he secretly took a breath as she goes on reporting of everything she was asked to take care off before the meeting .  

 

 

  11 - it was the assistant that pressed the elevator number .

 

 “ .   .  The madam along with the general manager are gonna be leading the meeting with the agenda if the executive director's position and all the projects on hold “ knowing the ceo probably didn't even glance over the agenda for today's emergency meeting she just went on stating the main points that are gonna be up for discussion .

 

  The elevator ride felt quicker than ever as it beeped and opened sideways.

 

 “ .    .   This way  .   “ the secretary led the way as she directed the men behind to follow her to the left, to the biggest conference room they have.

 

  ----------------     -----------------

 

“ .   . She said she is coming today why are you still grumpy ?” mrs kim throwing the white pillow at the man still tucked in the white blanket.

 

 “ .    .    . She is coming today “ placing the plate on her hand down on the table mr skin turned her eyes to the bed and the man inside of it that hasn't stepped out of his room for days.

 

   “ .   .      Are you still mad she forced you to leave and stayed there for days “ mrs kim slowly getting in the bed started pulling the blanket and jae , who didn't even try to pull it his way just turned his body the other way . Grumpy doesn't even fully explain how jae has been since he was forced to leave hyeon behind and come back to seoul. Nobody even knows how hyeon even achieved that but she had somehow convinced him to leave her behind and go back .   .  .  Not just that but she hasn't even called for days .

 

    “ .    .   Do you miss her that much   .  “ mrs kim’s pulling in all the blanket off aje started asking as she leans forward to get a glimpse of his face that was totally covered  by his messy hair.

 

    “ .       .  Are you even alive?    . “ brushing his hair back she tried reaching for his face but jae was quick as he raised his whole back off the bed and sat down at the edge .     , the head aches he was used to getting from the lack of sleep was even worse when he got it from too much sleep .

 

  “ .   . Aww” he moaned as he brushed his hair back and sta on the bed holding his head that feels heavier than ever. Not just his brain but every muscle in his body hurts just as much and even though he just got of bed all his body was asking for was to just lay back down .

 

  “ .       .  is he still sleeping? “ joon walked into the bedroom without even a single knock at the door .

 

  “ .   .     I know    . “ mrs kim was the one that replied as she jumped off the bed and started heading to the window  .  .  

 

  “ .    . she is having way too much control over you , this is insane    .  “ joon wasn't hesitant to balm hyeon as he sat down on the couch and picked one of the sandwiches from the plate mrs kim had walked in with .

 

  “ .   .    .  It's not control , its cus he misses her “ pressing the open button mrs kim stood beside as the window automatically started opening to the right finally letting some light into the room .   . Jae , who still sat with his head held down didn't complain or had any reaction when the light started illuminating in the room.

 

      “ .   .    .the boy hasn't left this room for days .   .  “ joon pointing at the figure which just like a statue hasn't moved at all glared at mrs kim .

 

    “ .    .    Shut it “ mrs kim was quick to shut joon down when he started stating the obvious.

 

  “ .   .  I got you your favorite juice and some sandwich to start your day “

 

“ .   .   . It's 12;49 what day is he starting “ joon didn't even wait till mrs kim finished as he interrupted her . The way her eyes turned his way was a clear warning as joon caught her eyes right when they landed on him, as furious as ever mrs kim had that dont mess with me look

 

  “ .   .   .  She said she is coming today so at least there's that so go wash up and look alive “ turning her eyes to jae , who hasn't said anything at all, mrs kim advised .

 

   “ .   .    .  Mrs kim you have  a call” eun after a knock walked in and announced .

 

   “ .    .     You, make sure he takes a shower and eats his food “ mrs kim giving a  warning look to joon started walking to the door.

 

   “ .   .   You better be off the bed when i return “ her warning she extended to jae as well as she walked out the room followed by eun.

 

    “ .    .    Aww .  “ jae sighed as he brushed his hair back .  .  Joon , busy eating the sandwich lifted his eyes away from the food to the man seated by the edge of the bed .

 

  “ .  .   . Man you need a new job or some kind of hobby cus this is dangerous “ joon started with his sharp comments .

 

  “ .    .    .  You look like a hobo “ he added as jae stood up and started walking away from the bed . His white shirt and white pants added to his fair skin that hasn't seen the sun in weeks jae truly looked like a vampire who woke up after centuries of sleeping .   . His puffy long hair hiding his face that most are eager to see .   . He truly looks way depressed than they had thought he would be .

 

  “ .    .   .  Good god “ joon , startled when he got a good look of jae's face could help but be left in awe. The face that he was used to seeing day in day out had turned to a co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter