Talk

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

 

  “ .    .     .     I am free this sunday afternoon , come to the house .    .   .  We need to talk about this over dinner “ the dad , with a very tired look on his face , the dark spot surrounding his worn out eyes  as he chugs in the green tea his secretary just placed on his desk .   .   .   His messed up shirt that was held by the tie that is ohalf across the room , thrown on the couch .   .   .  The c.e.o doesn't look good.

 

    “ .   .    .   Am not coming to that house .   .   .  

“ .      .    .Whatever it is say it now “ jae, hands in his pocket .  .   As if he has to run immediately out if something happens .   , Leaning against the wall he stood inches away from the door. After the last two slips he has given his dad .  .  .  There is no way he is standing and letting his father talk about anything related to his mother or his half  family .  No matter how much he hates his dad , jae has always given the old man the benefit of the doubt .

 

       Being the only parent he has left jae even took this job after much convincing from his dad, who no matter he doesn't wanna admit it still does affect his decisions.  Even growing up it's always his dad post card that was sent days after his birthday that will be on his desk till the next one comes .    .    .   And hearing that it was his dad that fought his step mom and his own mother to keep jae in the country while the two women insisted on throwing to the u.s . Hearing that jae had hoped that may be just may be his dad doesn't resent him as much as the others .

 

    “ .    .     .   I heard you haven't even looked at your inheritance .    .    . “ the dad smirked as he threw the folder he was reading on the table and sent his eyes towards jae.

 

   “ .    .      . If i give you my shares then weather you like it or not you will be the c.e.o. “ he added folding his arms and sliding the chair back to stretch out his legs . Jae is a hard person to read .   .    .   His weird personality and blank face is something he probably got from his mother's side .

 

   “ .   .    .  And why would you do that for “ jae asked turning his eyes to the window to avoid his dad's sharp eyes .

 

 

   “ .   .    .   what if i burn the whole thing to the ground .  “ jae added quoting what the madam always screams out .

 

silence for a couple of seconds .  .    

   

“ .    .     .  I heard you are taking medication ?” the dads focused eyes haven't even wavered for a second as they scan the boy standing by the door .   .  .  Hands in his pocket , eyes weathering back and forth between the floor and the window on the left with his clenched neck .  .  Jae looks like a boy getting scolded for some mischievous behaviour of his.  Its will be Laughable and beyond ridiculous to try and understand the boy now.

 

    “ .   .    .  I have things to do , can you just tell me why am here ?”   the smirk before he said those words was perfectly  spot on, on sending a clear message at how ridiculous the question was.  

 

     “ .   .   . We need to sit and talk about the company, am at home on sunday  

 

     “ .     .    .  Am not coming to that house for one and like i said again and again i don't want the company “ jae interrupted finally taking his hands out of his pocket as he brushed his hair back  after a couple of minutes glancing back at his dad .

 

     “ .   .   .  Your wife seems to know how to run things give it to her “ he added pointing at the family picture sitting right by the c.e.o title board.

 

          “ .    .    .  I'll come to your house then .   .   .  Send my secretery your address “ the dad tried not to notice the things said about his wife. Even he knows the thin boundary and pure hate relationship between jae and the madam , who both have a will for the most part blame the dad for the wrecked life they are living .

 

   “ .  .   .  Am busy “ jae immediately replied .

 

   “ .   .    .  What about monday morning .  I think my meeting is at”

 

    “ .   .    .  Am busy .   .   .  “jae interrupted again.

 

“ .   .    .  let's simply say i'm gonna be busy anytime you wanna come over “ he gave his dad a quick smile .to his dismay father the smile wasn't a pleasing one nor did it look like a happy one . It was more of a fire that followed the arrow that struck dead on at the target .  .  The dads heart. His startled eyes and frozen face a clear evidence for jae that he has hit his target . Hering jae respond back by using one of the fews lines the dad used to say right to the boys face was startling.  He remembers .   .   .  The dad is just too startled  that jae remembers even the little comments the dad use to make .

 

      “ .    .    .  i don't even know why you need a new c.e,o but .   .    .  Just leave me out of it “ jae brushed his hair back as he gave the dad a couple of minutes to swallow down what he said earlier before he added anything .

 

    “ .   .    .  And can you please tell your wife that i don't even work here anymore .   .  She seems to be getting a bit nosy “  he took one look at the old man before he turned around and sent his right hand to the door handle.

 

    “ .    .    .  Jaehyung “ the dad screamed out ,jaes hand froze on the handle as the door stayed half opened .   .  Nobody has called out his full name like that before .   .  .  Specially not his father, who supposedly gave him the name . Jae didn't turn around. He just stood there waiting for what ever is gonna accompany the loud full name. Even the dad is too astounded at how the name just rolled out of his tongue .  

 

     “ .    .     .  don't make me force you to do things “ his dad's clam voice has returned. Jae took his eyes that were glued to the floor nervously waiting for what the dad was gonna say staRted raising up slowly. They did not fail to notice the secretary , with hanging open,  staring at the door before he turned around.

 

            His dark sharp eyes glaring back at the dad were enough of a reply on there own but jaes little smile as he brushed his Hair back was just precious.  He wants to shout .   .   .  He wants to curse out .      .  Explode up or make a smart remark at how laughable what the dad said is but no .there is no point to do so . This week has not been a good one to begin with starting a fight with his dad now is just gone be the icing on the cake to send him off .

 

     “ .     .     .   Give it to your wife and become a comedian “ jae smiled again .

 

     “ .    .     .  Or may be a clown “ his smile disappeared as quick as it came before he banged the door open and walked out .

 

       This has been the routine the dad has to take anytime he wants jae to do anything .  .  .  First try the nice way , which is inviting jae to his office and asking him to do it . For the most part which jae will not accombly to .  .  .  Then the dads next resort is using something against jae to force him to do so , which up until now have worked but may be because jae did wanted to work at the company .

 

   Forget father son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter