She's going to explode.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ you have a case at 1:45” Hyeon's secretary handed her another folder as Hyeon busily tries to find her phone that is somewhere buried in the pile of work she had missed since last week.

 

“ It’s Kim's case. The daughter was caught stealing some food from the grocery case she worked at. The owner wants

 

“I know the case” taking her frustration that she can’t find her phone on her secretary Hyeon shouted out.

 

“ . .Sorry “ she immediately apologized as she caught the starter look on her secretary's face.

 

Everybody in the office knew things have changed since the day those two girls walked in. Their boss who was always organized seems to have lost her focus and is just running around.

 

“It’s right here” the secretary picking Hyeon's phone that was on top of her bag smiled.

 

“Oh thank you” grabbing her phone Hyeon stood up

 

“Onnie , the meeting for the funding at 3 has to be moved to 2:30, they say they can’t do 3” Jessica popping her head into Hyeon's office whispered as she uses both her hands to cover the phone she is on call on.

 

“ I can't do 2:30 I am going to court right now. '' Hyeon busily stuffing all her paperwork into her old torn out bag replied.

 

“ Unfortunately our director has another important meeting at 2:3o would it be possible to have the meeting tomorrow” Jessica pointing at Hyeon's shirt that is sticking out went on conversing with whoever was on the other line.

 

“ oh you can’t do tomorrow, what about next week

 

“ .we can’t do next week” the secretary whispered as she kneeling on her knees want on tucking heron's shirt Jessica pointed at.

 

“We need the money for next month's budget “ the secretary added as she finished tucking and stood up.

 

“ Hyeon you have to make it to 3 today” Jessica checking every angle of Hyeon added as the later finishing packing everything she needs, started putting her shoes on.

 

“I can’t, I have to fight them on it cus they want to send her to jail” Hyeon grabbing her bag went out her office as Jessica followed behind

 

“ You have to, they can’t do it tomorrow or Friday' Jessica pointed at the phone. She can see it on Hyeon's face. She is one mistake away from blowing up. Her messed up hair that doesn’t look like it has been combed in days was loosely tied in a bun that was held tight by the pen she had across it. Her rough-looking cheeks that don’t look like they have healed from all the crying didn’t even have a hint of color to make her look a bit more alive or human. Her chopped up lips that look like they haven’t seen water in days were even more heartbreaking than her cheeks.”

 

“ Get me my makeup bag” Jessica commanded as the secretary started running towards her desk.

 

“If you take the car you can make it '' Jessica grabbing the bag from the secretary and pulling out her blush and lipstick started walking towards Hyeon who was signing the pile of paper left for her to sign by the secretary's desk.

 

“ Jessica, I can’t drive in this state” Hyeon trying to avoid Jessica's hands that were blocking the view replied.

 

“ Stop it” Jessica held Hyeon still as she with small taps put some blush on Hyeon's white cheeks to brighten her up.

 

“The judge already doesn’t like you so looking a tiny bit cute might help” she added as she pulled her lips stick and started applying it to Hyeon's lips. Hyeon’s fear of driving hasn’t completely disappeared even after all these years. Even if she is a small bit of stress she avoids being behind the wheel. Jessica knows what kind of traumatic trigger that can be. The psychologist had said it would take years and that it was something Hyeon had to accomplish by herself. Her heavy breathing and sweating, whenever she is behind a wheel, is more terrifying than how she doesn't even talk and keeps her eyes and all her attention on the road.

 

“ We are going to lose this funding otherwise” Jessica signaling Hyeon to tap her lips together placed everything she took out back into her bag.

 

“ We can’t lose this funding” the secretary handing Hyeon her own umbrella added

 

“We’re already late on rent and they want next months in advance “

 

“Sorry” the secretary sighed as she gave the frustrated looking Hyeon a small bow.

 

“I’ll take a taxi and try to make it” hyeon almost running out the office waved at the other team members giving her the fighting sign

 

“It might not hurt her to do a week or two so maybe just accept the deal and leave early” Jessica knows she will get a glare from Hyeon followed behind . as she expected Hyeon had turned around sending her angry eyes at Jessica

 

 

“ am just kidding” Jessica smiling opened the taxis door for Hyeon

 

“Good luck “ she gave Hyeon a big smile as she shut the door and the taxi quickly drove out of the building parking lot.

 

“She seems like she is going to explode any day now” the secretary standing behind Jessica whispered as both their pair of eyes followed the taxi as it joined the main road and made a quick right turn heading east.

 

“I hope so” Jessica agreed. She knew it too. Hyeon is now a ticking bomb waiting for the right time to blow off and Jessica knew that was something Hyeon needed. Masking all the pain and anger wasn’t going to solve anything.

 

“ Do you remember the rich girl who came in on Monday?” Jessica asked as they started heading back to their office

 

“Yeah” the secretary replied

 

“I want you to call her and tell her to meet me at the french cafe by city hall in an hour”

 

“What if she says she’s busy, “ the secretary asked trying to remember where she placed the business card that rich girl left behind.

 

“She’s not” Jessica gave her a smile as she headed to her desk.

 

There is definitely something going on with those rich people and her two bosses, the secretary concluded.

 

“ Hello, can I speak to Miss Seung please?” the secretary asked as she flipped the business card twice to find no business name or label on it, just a name and phone.

 

“Who should I say is calling?” what seemed like a secretary from the other side asked


 

“ oh this is Hyori from the pro-Bono project calling from Miss Seung”

 

“ wait a minute please” the soft voice from the other side whispered before a very soothing classical music started playing.

 

Definitely rich people. The secretary smiled as she started enjoying the music playing into her ear.

 

“ Miss Seung is not in the here right now may I take a message” right when the song was getting to the good part the secretary cut it short and jumped in.

 

“ Oh can you please tell her miss Jessica, I don’t know if he knows many Jessica but Jessica from Hyeon's of

 

“Did you just say Hyeon ?” the soft-spoken secretary cut her short

 

“Yes, i am calling from Miss hyeons off

 

“ Hold on” she was cut again

 

“ Hello, hello” the secretary a bit bewildered by why heyon’s name was that important waited

 

“ . .hello onnie” Seung picked the phone

 

“ Is this Miss seung” the secretary giving a small bow asked. She didn't even know why she bowed to someone who wasn’t even in front of her or her boss.

 

“Miss Jessica wants to meet you at the french cafe by city hall in an hour” she said and waited for a reply that never came. She knew how she said it might be remotely polite so that might have shocked the rich kid who probably issued to people being extremely polite to her 24/7.

 

“If that is possible and convenient for

 

“ sure” seung replied before she hung up.


 

“Thank you for coming '' Jessica as seung entered the cafe and started walking to her table and started pulling the chair for seung.

 

 

“Thank you” taking her Burberry coat off seung sat down placing her probably some italian brand purse on the table.

 

“ How are you? “ seung brushing her hair back to expose the diamond earrings she had on asked.

 

“ since last time you saw me, am good” jessica replied taking note of everybody in the restaurant glancing at the girl sitting in front of her.

 

“ How is onnie?” crossing her legs and exposing her beautiful legs that were highlighted by the nice heels she had on seung asked.

 

“ how do you think she is doing ?’ jessica asked, getting a reaction from seung who didn’t reply just stared at jessica.

 

“ can I get you something?” the waitress cutting the tension jumped in

 

“ Yes, I would like some Caffe macchiato” seung with a small smile handed the menu to the waitress.

 

“ anything for you mana”

 

“ no am good” jessica pulling the tea she hasn’t finished gave the waitress a small smile.

 

“ i don’t like beating around the bush so I'm just gonna jump into it” jessica folding her arms prepared herself for the answers she was going to get for the very serious questions she has.

 

“ Is Jae really back”

 

“ yes” seung sitting back and adjusting herself to get comfortable replied

 

“Why are you guys back?

 

“ I told you guys. He promised me we would move back if I finished college and I did”

 

“Honor roll “ seung gave jessica a small smile which she didn’t reply back

 

“ where is he?”

 

“ right now?, probably in some meeting. He’s very busy’

 

“ No, where is he staying?” jessica corrected herself

 

“ His house” seung replied but the reaction she got from jessica was confusion

 

“ do you want to know the exact address?”

 

“NO”

 

“ It would be weird if you guys just popped up at his place “ seung started smiling as the water started placing her drink on the table and with a small bow moved away.

 

“ just like you did?”

 

“ you did pop up out of nowhere” jessica’s time has changed and seung knew where this was heading.

 

“ what do you want?” seung mixing the sugar she added

 

“ If you're worried about oppa and hyeon don’t”

 

“ what do you mean don’t”

 

“ sorry” before she got a clarification for her question. seung picked up her phone that was flashing and left the table heading to the other side to take the call.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter