Good evening

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you know what you’re having for dinner?” Sungi leaning closer to Joon who has glued his eyes to his phone asked. The answer he was waiting for didn’t come as Joon was too busy typing to whoever was on the other line.

 

“ Are they going to stay all night” leaning closer to Jae, who just like his best friend had his eyes stuck to his phone, Sunmin asked. Her question of why those two alwayse tagged along to everything he did was never answered.

 

“ Aren’t we going to the roof party after?” she asked, changing the topic.

 

“ I hate that place’ Jae replied quickly this time. Both Joon and Sungi, surprised by his rejection of something Sunmi has asked, turned their eyes his way. Jae has never chosen to go with them when Sunmi was present. No matter where, he always left with her. It has become such a habit, the other men were startled when he chose not to.

 

“I’m going to the condo” he added to make sure Joon and sungi knew he was not going home either.

 

“ come there, after the party. I will wait” before she complained he whispered out as he landed a kiss on her shoulder. His eyes that didn’t leave his phone wasn’t a problem as just him saying he will wait for her had eased her anger. The shoulder kiss was a bonus.

 

Joon and Sungi, who should be used to all the physical touch and kisses, were still a bit startled but it was nowhere compared to what happened next. As their eyes left Jae and landed on the Hyeon three steps away from them and headed their way. The Menu slid out of Sungi’s hands as his shocked eyes, increasing in size, sent the image in front of him to his brian. His mind in seconds registered the breathtakingly y-looking woman walking their way to be Hyeon.

 

“God,” His heart that dropped to the ground had forced Joon’s body to retreat as he moved his body away from what was coming his way. His bowled over eyes couldn’t even help but scan Hyeon from her shoes that were covered by her gown-like dress to her hair completely pulled back. His hands dropping his phone on the table underneath them slid down the table and were left hanging. If he thought she looked stunning while sitting down, she was soul snatching while she was walking his way. All the oxygen that escaped his lungs was all thanks to her bewitching eyes that didn’t lift away from him and her mischievous smiles she aimed right at him.

 

“OH, My God” Sungi who earlier was claiming Jae had a beautiful girl next to him had now shut down the nonsense as the reminder of what Jae lost was standing in front of him. It was always crazy for Sungi to think about how his boss has let go of this girl but right now. Right in this moment, looking at Hyeon, Sungi couldn’t even understand how his boss would even dare to think of replacing her.

 

“ Oh, ” as he registered what was about to happen Sungi turned his dumbfounded eyes to Jae, who hadn’t even noticed the devil walking his way.

 

“Hyeon don’t” right when Hyeon took her last step and stood by the empty chair at the other end of the table, Joon standing up protested. The pure fear and cold sweat running down his face was evident as Heyon took a mental picture of it. The little smile she sent his way was the only “ stop me if you can'' warning she gave him before she opened her lips

 

“ Good evening” She spoke, forcing both Joon and Sungi to swallow their words along with their last breath of air.

 

The worry in Joon’s eyes was what Mrs. Park followed as she turned towards Jae sitting by the end of the table, right in front of Hyeon.

 

Both his heart and lung have halted their functions as even time slowed down when Jae sliding his phone on the table glanced up. His eyes the moment they caught the soft smile she sent his way had forced everything in his universe to stand still. Sunmin, sitting next to Jae, didn’t need anybody to tell her what was going on as she noticed all the worried-looking eyes that were focused on the man sitting next to her.

 

“ Just wanted to come by and say hi” right when his eyes landed on her Hyeon added with a small smile.

 

“and you are?” Sunmi focused her eyes on Hyeon but when she failed to get an answer she turned it to Jae. Just one look at Jae and even she knew who the girl standing in front of him was.

 

didn’t need any introduction. The lively face she was kissing on minutes ago was in seconds drained out of all it’s color. His breathing that stopped the moment he took note of her smile was evident with his chest that was slowly moving up and down, begging for air. His whole body that fell back against the chair had lost all the glamor and majesty it usually carries. His lost eyes that weren’t even blinking signaled the weird dream-like state every inch of his body was just placed in. It was as though he was having an out-of-body experience as he couldn’t even sense any of the physical things around him. The chair he was sitting on, the table right in front of him, the carpet underneath him ... he felt nothing. Maybe he was dreaming. Floating around in his imaginations. Maybe he’s brian has finally disconnected and left his beaten-down body defenseless against the only person he would always lose against.

 

“ it’s nice to see you all” Jessica broke the silence turning her eyes from Jae to Joon.

 

“ Seems like you’re all doing amazing,” she added, taking a sip of her drink as Joon’s panic-filled eyes landed on her for a second or two before they went to Hyeon. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter