Leave me alone.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ So is hyeon ever gonna come back?” Sungi as always was the first to open his mouth and break the dead silence that hang around the cold breakfast table. Jae scared of his little brother , everybody else scared of Jae the silence has went on for almost a week now . Five nights have passed since hyeon rushed her friend to the hospital and despaired. Five sunsets have passed since lay has breathed out a single word. Five sunrises have risen as most in the house prayed and in shook accepted the fact that lay was never even gonna ask how shw was doing

 

For those who witnessed the scene ,the shock was still in their system ,the image was still very vivid as they try hard not to accept that lay is not bothered to even ask if the girl swinged across a glass table even survived. “ May be the thrama was too big “ the chef had been the only one that came up with excuses for lay as the rest gang up on him while his brother ,as always , chooses to never state his opinion. “. . The boy hasn't even said a word , he is traumatized . “ The chef had slight convinced some but neither Joon nor Jae . Specially Joon who had witnessed it all.

 

If not for the incident it would have been the drinking habit Joon had started that would have caught everybody's attention. His silence and negligence would normally have caused some questions but not this time . . . Lay was the center of all attention. The man who doesn't drink at all has been chugging alcohol here and there. His mind had too much to Handle. He would have been lucky to just ponder about lay but he wasn't that lucky. The man sitting next to him , who hasn't said a word in week either . . . Joon is beyond scared and confused about what Jae is planning . The shareholders meeting being tomorrow would have and should have freaked Jae out but his boss looked more calm about it as ever.

 

“. . What's the plan tomorrow ?” Smacking his glass down join asked. The only way his boss ever stays this calm is when he has a plan. A well executed plan and not knowing what that is , is killing Joon. Day after day he had seen Jae drive out early morning with lay and come back in the middle of the night. There is something going on . . . He knows his crazy protective boss was about to do something ridiculous to save his brother

 

 

“. . What's going on tomorrow ?” Mrs Kim sensing tell seriousness asked again as Jae not even acknowledging there was question sent his way just want on eating. Immediately all eyes form lay started dancing at Jae ,who quietly went on eating his breakfast. Not just Joon, but all knew something had to be going on for their boss to be this quite or sneak out the house.

 

“. . Jae . ?” Joon called out sharpening his voice but all he got was an emotionless stare from his boss. For Joon , that's all he needs. One look at his boss and he will know how huge of a mess Jae was about to start. The glow that use to be on his face had disappeared as quickly as it came . . . Maybe it was seeing his brother this distrot , may be he misses hyeon already . . . Jae just as the little boy hiding behind him didn't look alive let alone happy .

 

“ . . . I see . “ Joon picking his glass up chugged down what ever was left . Unaware of what's going on between those two the rest stayed quiet , whatever had been going on between those two was not something anybody across this table could meddle in.

 

“. . What is going on ?” Mrs Kim leaning to sungi whispered.

 

“. . That one is going back to work , this one doesn't want that “ as careless as he always was sungi spat out what he thinks is the main dispute. He doesn't even look app from his plate as he spat out the the secret Jae had tried hard not tell anybody.

“. . YOU'RE going back ?” Mrs Kim shouted out as Joon took. Deep breath finally he could shout it out loud.

 

“. . WHY . ?” All eyes focused on Jae who knew there was no way out of this one now.

 

“. . Jaehyung . “ Mrs Kim shouted. Sungi who was Bout to add something silenced his lips , when Mrs Kim uses jae's full name it means serious business.

 

“. . If I don't ,the madam is taking over “ Jae finally opened his mouth.

 

“. . Why is that your business ?” Mrs kims haro eyes were fire red as she focused them on Jae. She along with everybody knows what it means for Jae to back to that company. The relief she finally got when he quite was gonna be short lived..

 

“. . It's not his business , he's doing it for HIM” Joon sounding like he has a huge grudge against lay pointed his finger at the little brother who instantly moved closer to Jae who sent his annoyed looking eyes at Joon.

 

“. . I don't know why you're doi

 

. HE’S MY BROTHER AND THAT'S FINAL “ smacking his napkin against the table Jae shouted shocking all . Even lay sitting next to him had jumped out scared as his brother stood up and left the table. Joon who was interrupted by the loud voice sat shook . . . But it was final. He had given them the reason why he's gonna risk his happiness and health to go back to that hellhole that's gonna his soul out. The scared lay , as all eyes turned to him immediately turned his eyes to the floor.

 

The silence that followed jae's departure was beyond nerve wracking for lay . He was sitting in the middle of the table all alone, left to protect himself as the man who he hid behind left . He knew how much the people across this table probably resnted him for what his brother just shouted at them. None of them looked that pleased or glad to hear the words that came out of Jae and lay knew he was gonna be the target of this hatred .

 

 

 

“. . . So your brother is gonna take care of everything and you're gonna keep on ing up .” sungi was the bold one to speak out .

 

“. . Don't . “ Joon was too quick to come to lays defence. Considering the type of mental state lay was in , Joon knew it was not a Great idea to Provoc lay. His head that keeps getting lower as lay tries hard to hide himself away was a clear indication of how uncomfortable he felt just being there let alone being questioned.

 

“. . EAT . . “ Mrs Kim shouted at lay . How quickly he picked up his fork was hilarious . Joins eyes focused at his boss that stood by the end of the garden breathing the white smoke in and out. His eyes stayed on his boss as the quiet table went on eating. He can only imagine the inner struggle going on. The thoughtless and phetattic look on jae's face should be enough evidence of how much he doesn't even want to think about tomorrow let alone the days to come after that .

 

“ . . Is hyeon okay with it ?” The chef asked the most important question. All have forgoten about how the women carrying his child would feel about this. Even Joon who had been carried away with his own objections about the matter has forgot how this affects hyeon way way more than it affects him. All eyes simultaneously glanced at their boss breathing in the white smoke. Forget spending time with hyeon ,Jae is putting raising his kid aside for this . . . All the nights he has to stay away ,all the weeks and months he will not even be in the country. Jae had more to sacrifice this time. All the memories , all the birthdays he's gonna miss. . . Even joon didn't consider how much this has to killing his boss.

 

“. . I hope so . “

. . I don't think he will be able to chose between the two. . “ sungi feeling sorry for his boss sighed out.

 

“. . . I don't thinks she will let him . “ The chef put in his two cents. Knowing how much hyeon hates that company just the news of Jae considering going back might freeze her let alone knowing that he is going back in a day or two. The last time she saw him being five days away she probably is already sick to deathl missing him . . . How she will handle the news nobody wants to think about . Mainly because all knew what was waiting for Jae.

 

“. . Huh . “ Joon sighed as he poured himself more drink. How hard this is for jae, he should have known. There was no welcome back nor anything as Jae came back and sat down. His never ending struggle was heartbreaking.

 

“ . . We need to talk . “ Joon whispered out in Japanese . There was no way around it , whether he liked it or not he has to talk to Jae. Picking his fork Jae went on eating . No reply was necessary. It was a long overdue conversation that should have been had weeks ,if not months, ago.

 

“. . Are you 100 percent sure you're going back in ?”Mrs Kim who still hasn't accepted the news asked.

 

“. . . It's not his decision , shareholders “ Joon gave a quick reply. He doesn't even know how it's gonna be possible for Jae to go back with the madam having all that share and lobbying all the rest to be on her side. Her husband lying in bed , Jae out of the picture and lay now in this state everybody knew this was the perfect chance for the madma to come and take over. She had the ultimate advantage and all know she won't be an easy competition to beat .

 

“. . Who's side is he on?” Sungi pointing his knife at lay asked. The look he got from Jae was terrifying.

 

“. . . You never know, he might

 

. Leave him alone “ Mrs Kim tapping on sungi cut his words short.

 

“. . He can't be trusted “ right when her hands left his shoulder sungi spoke out. None might be able to say it outloud but most did felt the same way. How much lay could be trusted to put his shares in support of lay was still unsure. At the end of the day they other side is his mom and all know how much of a mom's boy he is.

 

“. . I mean the boy saw Jessica swung across the room and didn't even care to ask how's she doing “ sungis words right when they left his young he wished he could have taken back . How lays hands twitched when he ehared the name had left sungi regretfully that he even brought the subject up. But the regret stayed for a minute or two as he saw lay , as though he didn't even hear what was aid went on eating.

 

“. . Am sure she doing fine . “ Mrs Kim slapping sungi shoulder replied. Behind closed doors all have cursed him out for it but none were able to say it infront of him. My be he really didn't give a damn about that girl. But even if there was no feeling how he not as ,at least just once. She above all was the one that took care of him. As all just focused their eyes on this plates ,Joon had looked up to catch lays eyes glancing up at the perfect time. The two that witnessed the whole thing exchanged a look for a couple of seconds before lay sent his eyes back down. Joon was the only one who knew what really want down in that office . Joon was also the one who is beyond shocked and disappointed that lay couldn't give a about it all.

 

“ . . somebody needs to pay her lot and lot of money to keep shut, cus if she talks to the press . “ Sungi adding another headache to Joon and jae went on. They haven't even thought about what the madam will do to keep Jessica's lips sealed.

 

“ . I don't think she the kind to accept any money “ Mrs Kim sighed out . She has seen the whole story before. She knows how far the madam will go .

 

“. . It might do her better to do so “ even the chef knew it was the easy way out to accept money sign some papers and be quite. Those who have challenged the madam tend to have a tendency to just disappear and everybody knew that.

 

“. . Exactly, it's not like he's running to her side at least make some money “ sangis comment raised some eyebrows .

 

“. . What. ?”

 

. She is in this mess because of him “ sungi could careless about lay mental stability or emotions as he pointed at lay again, with his knife. Jae who everybody thought would say something just want on eating. He has enough issues at his hand to even think about how much he is not happy with lays behavior.

 

“. . What ? Sungi asked again as all eyes criticized his words.

 

. . Excuse me “ only Jae was the one who caught lays whisper as he stood up and left the table.

 

“. . What . ?” Sungi shouted as all eyes glared at him while Mrs kim's hand landed on his lips smacking him to shut it. Jae looking unbothered went on eating as Joon glanced back to catch lay walk into the house.

 

“. . There has to be something going on “ the chef with a. Little smile brought all focus back to the table .

 

“. . . That's what i'm saying, the boy hasn't said a word In a week “ sungi smiling ear to ear added.

 

“. . May be he hasn't said a word to you cus he doesn't like you “ Mrs kims hands landed on sungi again.

 

“. . Hyeon and Jessica are meeting the madam at 12 “ Joon leaning to his boss whispered the news he had kept for a day . With his phone shut off hyeon knew Joon was the next person to pass the information too.

 

“. . . She didn't want her to come to her house so they are meeting her “ Joon added as Jae quietly placed his glass down . Another headache added to his head the feels like it's minutes away from exploding. This is not just lays mess anymore , it's his too.

 

“. . Hyeon and the madam. . . “ Before Joon want on Jae stopped him . The last time hyeon met the madam was when. Her it ga hand slapped the madam across the room. “. . . Huh . “ Jae sighed out brushing his hair. He could only imagine what the sight of hyeon and Jessica together would do to the madam.

 

“. . He needs to know “ Mrs Kim has heard their little whispers.

 

. . He's not gonna do anything , it's his mom were talking about “ sungi has heard it too.

 

“. . . I seriously think he likes the girl “ Mrs Kim was on lays side as she focused her eye on the confused looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter