10,000$

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       5:45

              “ Like I have stated at the last agenda meeting  .  .   . our city need this money . . . . .we have been labeled one of the worst in the country” Council Member MR.lee said holding a news paper up and turning it around to let all the people in the meeting see.

              “  are we waiting till we are the worst to make a change . . . .”

              “ It’s time to make a change  .   .   . is it not?” he looked around finding most people shaking their heads in agreement .

                “ MR Lee , we all agree that we need to make changes but that’s not what we're here to talk about’  Mr Won  said from the right corner

             “ we’re here to discuss the sell of the land ” his comment upset some people as some started talking back in small voice with each other.

            “ we know why we’re here MR Won. Just like you, we got the agenda two days ago” Mr Lee said pointing at the agenda folder sitting on the table in front of Mr Won.

           “ It would be nice then   . . .if you would come prepared to talk about the AGENDA” Mr’s Wook commented starting a wave of replies across the table.

             “Your one to talk . . . your department has already went 35,000 over budget by you throwing events here and there  .    .     . I don’t even know why people keep electing you” Mr Lee’s comment irrupted the meeting

                    “ Excuse me .   .    . me throwing parties  .   .     what about you and your city funded trip to jeju last weekend hu?” Mrs wook took of her coat and pointed at Mr lee.

                  “ did he say 35,000 .  .   . where is that money coming from”

                 “ you went to jeju”

             “ I thought the city doesn’t fund vacation”

                       Everybody is screaming at each other. Hands being pointed this way  . . . that way

            “ why did he start with Mr wook . . .you know she is having problems at home”

             “ really”

            “ I heard she caught her husband cheating” Mr won’s secretary whispered to the two ladies sitting next to her .

                  “ SILENCE”  Mr jung smashed the table a couple of time with this right arm while massaging his head with the left.  His yelling caught everybody's attention as they all sat back down smirking and scoffing.

                “ Are we gonna be civilized and solve this issue or fight light a bunch of caged animals on the loss” Mr jung said scanning each council member who looked down in embarrassment.

                “ we need to be in agreement before this topic hits the public's ear . . . . . Thank you “ Mr jung said to his secretary who put the tea in front of him and gave Mr lee a sign to go on talking.

              “ Like I was saying before being interrupted . . “ he galred at Mrs wook

              “ this is a great opportunity for us to earn money but also help develop the city . . . . .they are offering the city a 2 million donation if the plan gets approved ” Mr lee said

              “ we need that 2 million  . . . .” Mr Hyung added

             “ and they are buying the bad part of this city  . . .”

              “ Isn’t it beneficial for the city if we sell that god awfull place and let then re build it.” another member added. Half the council cheered in agreement

                Mr jung took another sip.

                  “ even though i agree with what you said I think we also need to be worried about the people living in the land” Mr jung turned and tapped Hyeon’s desk to wake her up.  

                   she looked up to find the whole council staring at her. she put down the piece of paper she was starting at the whole time and gave a confused look to her boss. “ th e  p e op le . .on  . .the  . .land” Mr jung said word by word to remind her of her presentation .

Since the moment she walked in late to the meeting her whole attention has been on the piece of paper she was holding rather than the meeting.

                “oh  . .right . .the people “ she jumped up. BAAM . . . .her back pack hit the ground, she picked up the papers scattered beneath her bag along with it and put it down on her table before walking to the front with her laptop. “ this girl again” Mr. lee whispered to the men sitting beside him glaring at her trying to plug the projector.  

            “ we’re not just talking about any land this land holds hundreds of local businesses” she pointed to the list on her big screen.

           “ which more than half off are illegal” Mr hyongcommented getting agreements from the men sitting besides him

           “ it also holds in more than a 1000 households . . .which is one of the main problem of this selling/not selling issue.” she continued talking without giving much thought to Mr Hyong’s comment.

           “ kicking this people out of their home is not right” she added while scrolling to the picture of the slum which most of the people in this council have never even visited.

        “ we are talking about really poor people who for the most part are too young or too old “ click  . .another picture. “ it’s not right to knock on their doors and say “ hey we have made a decision kick you out of your house here's 5000  . . . you have 3 weeks”’

          “ First of allmost of these people are living in either government funded houses or illegally built ones” one of Mr lee’s right arm said  

          “ we have a right to kick them out if we want too, second of all lets not forget about all the criminal activities that goes in over there” he added

          “ with more budget cuts coming to our police department for next year how are we going to handle the exponentially growing crime rate . . . . . .don’t you have chart for that one Hyeon” Mr lee's comments drew some smiles and small laughs.

         “ and you think kicking these people out of their home is going to solve your crime issue” she glard back at Mr lee.

           “ It would be a great start . . . . . . when you throw the garbage away from your house all the bugs and ants will disappear” half the council clapped at mr hyong’s comment

             “  If you want to fight the crime issue you should first start going through civil servants account to see the amount of money they are being paid by invisible people. . . .why don’t we start with your account” she glared at Mr Hyong .

           “ ommo . .”Mr jung almost choked on his tea.

            The office went silent . . . .and seconds later whispers .

             “ what is that suppose to mean”

            “ It means if we're going to fix a problem we need to deal with the real issues, we can’t always blame the petty criminals for the rise of crime rates while you have civil servant and law enforcers who are corrupt to their bones”

          “  what did you just say you little rat” Mr Hyong jumped up pointing at hyeon

           “  how dare you talk to a council member liek that” Mr lee jumped up defending his team mate

        "what she said is true" Mr won said

      " This girl has caused so much trouble in this council already why are we even listening to her. she doesn't even have a right to vote." Mr kim added to the fire

      " coming in here always accusing people of this and that .. ." Mr lee pointd at her  

               “ This is my city and last time I checked I have a right to know what you guys spend our money on, you know the public funded system called  “tax”  .. .that goes to your pay check” Hyeon shouted back at Mr lee and just like minutes earlier the whole council went into a mess.

Mr jung just sat there watching his city councils fighting in front of him like animals. Papers flying everywhere. one after the other curse words flying here and there. No amount of massage or tea could stop the headache and back pain he gets from these meetings any more.

             “ OMMO  . . .  

           “ Mr jung . . .mr jung .   . .wake up  . . .  mr jung . . .. . . . .HELP” the old secretary screamed holding the head of Mr jung, who had out. The whole room went silent then everybody rushed towards h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter