Leave me alone, Please.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Neither the papers flying out of her bag and following the wind westward nor her phone that smashed face-first against the road got Hyeon's attention as her brain was frozen for a moment. Her mind she had forced to not even waste a second thinking and contemplating about this moment was unable to register that the man standing in front of her is the person who she thinks he is. The foreign feeling that took over every inch of her body was terrifying. The rage, grief, and sadness crawling under her skin have taken over.

 

  “ wow” the man sighed as even he was unable to believe they were standing right in front of each other. Trying to hide the quick tears forming in his eyes he took two big steps and bent down in front of hyeon. He was pretty sure the papers that fell out of her hands were very important and somebody had to grab them before they flew away. No matter how many times he replied and his brain anticipated this moment would go, it was not even comparable. He had convinced himself he didn’t miss her that much, that it would be okay to see her eye to eye again. Her rage-filled sad eyes staring back at him had shattered whatever wall he had built as he prepared for this moment. 

 

“ I got it” right when her brain returned back to reality, hyeon bent down and snatched the papers out of his gloved hands. 

 

“ I GOT IT” she screamed again as she started collecting the pieces of her phone scattered around. He didn’t need to be told a third time as he retracted his hands and took a step away from her. 

 

“ wh

“ wh . . .what ?” she stuttered as she couldn't even form a simple question. Her rage-filled mind didn’t even wanna bother asking any question but her broken heart needed some answers before it was removed and got rid of all of them from its list of people to care and worry about.  

Her shaking cold fingers were a clear sign of the mental state she was in as she glanced up at the man giving her a small smile and handing her the couple of papers he grabbed off the ground. 

 

“ Hi” he said with a smile as he sent his hands to his pocket. His nervous smile was an immediate reaction to her red shot eyes glaring at him and scaring him to his soul. He had chosen the wrong day. He had chosen the wrong day to meet the person who had made him anxious to even see for years. But there was no right day . . .every day that passed was a choice he made. A choice he knew he would have to pay for but from the looks of his sweating hands and nervous body he is not even close to even looking at her in the eyes let alone have a sit-down and probably beg for mercy.

 

 Just like he thought, his smile doesn’t seem like it has phased hyeon as she, zipping her bag, sent her sharp eyes glancing up at him.

 

“ huh” sighed as she sent her bag to her shoulder and just glared his way. Her bloodshot red cheeks, her sharp ready to kill eyes, her startled and anger filled face she couldn't even hide it . . . even a child could read what Eun was feeling. As though she was waiting for him to explain why he even dared to show up in front of her, she waited as his smile faded away and he pulled his hands out of his pocket. 

 

“ I just came by to say Hi,” he said, trying to avoid her angry-looking eyes. The lines across her forehead and the dark circles under her mad looking eyes were a clear sign that his presence was neither expected nor welcomed right now. Just like always she seemed super busy probably doing some work that doesn’t even pay her well. The shoes which seem like she had borrowed from somebody, her worn-out suit, and her brandless bag were clear evidence of how much this girl still doesn't care about her looks nor does she get paid for the work she does. 

 

He really has missed her so much. He has missed her glaring eyes and the tiger-like way she looks at him when she is not pleased with him so much. 

 

“ Hi” she gave him a fake smile and pushed him to the side, she needed to get away from him as soon as possible. Her raged hands that wanted to scratch his face off were telling her to get away as soon as possible. Setting her eyes on the one taxi she saw parked at the corner as her goal she started walking fast. Her nervous hands trying to hold her bag tightly close to her body, and her even more anxious feet trying to quickly get away were noticed by the man who started following her from behind. 

 

“ Come on” he sent another nervous smile as his right hand slowly slid out of his pockets and tried to grab a hold of her bag. Her six sense her best quality, she was quick to move it away from his side as she turned around and gave him a “ don’t even try me” glare. 

 

“ You have to talk to me hyeon, '' he added as he sent his hands back to his pocket and started walking by her side. Noticing the disappointed and disgusted look in her eyes, he followed her gaze to find the taxi driving out of the rocking spot and heading to the main street. 

 

“ We don't have anything to talk about '' she replied as she started looking around the parking. Much to her dismay, there was no taxi in sight. No matter what, she just needs to get away from him before she does something that will get her arrested. Beating somebody in front of the courthouse is gonna land her in the news. Her shaking fingers weren't completely useless as they ped her bag and she started looking for her phone that has cracked multiple times. 

 

“ I know you hate me” his eyes focused on her cold fingers trying to power on her phone, he couldn’t help but smile. She really hasn't changed at all. He has spent many countless nights awake wondering how she has been or if she has changed. 

 

“ but you have to talk to me” he added as he gave her a quick smile when her eyes, from the useless phone that didn’t turn on she threw into her bag, turned his way. 

     

“ We can talk about how much you hate me,” he added with another smile as he pulled out his phone and handed it to her. As always he was there to help with no questions asked.

 

 She looks visibly distressed about the taxi that left and her phone that is not working on top of how disgusted and disturbed she looked about him being there. 

 

    “ huh” brushing her hair back hyeon sighed. Why is this happening today? 

 

Out of all the days, why was this happening today?

 

“ huh” she took another deep breath and sighed out as she snatched his phone away and started dialing Jessica's number. 

 

“Jessica , it's already almost 4, I am still at the courthouse, I won't be able to make it. Please call and let them know I’m gonna be late” avoiding his eyes hyeon went on with the message she was leaving when Jessica didn’t pick up. 

 

The appointment she was going to miss was the least of her worries right now, which was saying much considering how important it is. All she wants now is just to get away and drink herself to sleep or find a punching bag to land all her anger on.

 

 “careful” his hands were quick as they gently grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back to his side. Glancing back before she protested, hyeon caught the parked car that almost hit her leg as it was backing out.  With no thank you or even an acknowledgment of what he did, she moved her shoulder away from his hand, hanged up, and threw his phone his way.

 

“ I can give you a ride” he gave her another smile as he pointed at the bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter