11th floor

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(sorry for the late update, i was coaught up with some stuff.ENJOY)

          

 5:30 a.m

       

     Hyeon turned her face to the alarm screaming next to her and slammed it against the table.

             A minute later the alarm started screaming again, hyeon slowly opened her eyes and unplugged the alarm from the wall and sat up stretching her hands .

                 She gently  walked to the bedroom door and slid it a little bit open to see if the two girls were disturbed by the alarm .  As always the little one is dead asleep but there was no sight of seung. As gently as she opened it, she  closed the door and walked to the kitchen

   

  " what are you doing here ?" She asked seung, who was sitting on the floor next to the fridge.

     " the floor is really cool over here .    .     .    . " she got up and  pointed at the place she was sitting on

    " go back to sleep .   .   .    . You have plenty of time before school" hyeon walked back to the bathroom.

     " once i wake up that's it  .     .   . " seung walked to the couch , pushed the blanket hyeon was sleeping on , dug the remote out of the pile of paper laid on the floor and turned the tv on.

        

  " turn the volume down .      .    . "

         “ .      .     . she's sleeping " hyeon came out of the bathroom wrapped up with a towel and scolded hyeon.

     "By the way her teacher wants to see you  .    .     .       .      She said to call and schedule an appointment " she turned the volume down and changed the channel.

           " can you tell her i'll drop by tomorrow afternoon .    .     .    “

                 

         5:53 a.m , she glanced at the clock and run back into the bathroom, moments later the noise from the shower started screaming.

                  

              seung grabbed the remote and raised the voice. The shower went on for about 5 minutes before it stopped screaming.

 

      "She woke up .    .   . I told you to put the volume down" hyeon yelled looking at the two girls fixing the bed.

   " its the shower .   . Not the tv" seung pulled and stretched the blanket.

     " your phone was screaming by the way “ seung pointed to the phone .

    

               Hyeon picked her phone from the desk.2 new messages.

     

  She dialed one to call her voicemail and brought the phone close to her ear.

   " hey it's Lay , you don't have to come .       .       .    

    “.        .    . something came up and i left with my mom. So i'll call you later . "

    

      " what happened " seung asked looking up at hyeons confused face.

   " oh , my boss just  cancelled  "she threw the phone down on the bed

    " yeahhhh, then you don't have work today" the little one jumped on the bed

    " yah, get of .    .    . We just made this "seung picks the girl jumping and put her down on the floor before she started fixing the blanket again.

   " i do have work .    .    . But i'm gonna leave late , so i could make you guys breakfast and .  

  “ .     .     .    take you to school " she slowly pushed the little one towards the bathroom.

        "  first brush your teeth and take a shower .   .  Then put your uniform on"

   " i will make you a great breakfast" she walked back to the bedroom and picked one of her oversized shirt.

       

           It took her 20 minutes to whip out some 4 or 5 dishes. As the girls took shower, changed  to their uniforms and fixed the living room ,mainly cleaning the pile of paper laid out on the floor.

     "  breakfast is ready " she laid out all the food on the table.

      " you still didn't buy plates" seung commented on the old plates as she sat down at her favorite spot as hyeon pulled the chair for the little one.

     " i will today .    .    . Something always happens when i mean too.

    ' .       .        . But i have free time today so "

   " can you get her a new toothbrush and also she has run out of her medicine" seung took her second bite.

      ".    .    .  Ok" hyeon gave a short answer.

" I definitely need to go shopping today she told herself as she took her first bite.

     

   8: 06 a.m.

     " annyeonghaseyo , her sister told me you wanted to see me" hyeon gave a full bow to the teacher standing in front of the classroom .

    " oh yeah, anyonghaseyo " the teacher gave a small bow and stood up smiling.

      "  .    .    why dont you come to my office " she led the way and walked into her office holding the door to let hyeon in.

       Hyeon placed her bag on the table and sat down getting worried as the seconds go by.

   " Are her grades falling down or is she starting fights" hyeon stared at the teacher who just smiled.

    " no no no .    .     . Her grades are still one of the best in the school .   .   .”

 

" .     .    .  But last time when I talked to her mom , she said that her daughter might have some type of attention disorder or some type of autism, which i'm sure you're aware of " the teacher looked up at hyeon as she opened the folder.

     " WHAT .    .   . "Hyeon screamed

      " It's ok . It's not that server  but I did tell her mother to get her tested since these things get worse if untreated but"

   " she is normal what do you mean attention disorder " hyeon screamed again.   

     " well, even though she gets as in almost everything i don't know how she does it because she is mostly staring out the window in class and does not participate well either.

    " she's a quite person" hyeon tired to defend

    " yes, she is a very very quite person .  .

" .    .     . Which makes it difficult for her to participate in group activities , she doesn't get along well with the students. Specially the boys" the teacher handed hyeon the folder .

    Hyeon sat down and started reading all the complaints and fights and little notes each teachers has written.

        " I'm guessing the mom never told you .    .     . and she still hasn't gotten a medical check yet " the teacher smiled as hyeon put the folder down and looked up.

    " is there something to smile about " hyeon said annoyed and upset.

   

 " well the mom has told me a lot about the kids environment and we all have assumed it's her way of coping up with it and that she's was very shy .   .  "

 "  .    .   . Or may might even have some kind of minor attention disorder" the teacher went on as hyeon attentively listed to every word.

    " but two days ago we went to a musical theater.    .     .   .   at the city convention center

and after the show ended they gave the kids a tour and let the kids play with the instruments   .     .      .      Here's what happened” she got up from her chair and walked towards hyoen and played the video on her phone .

               5 minutes went in silence as the two women stared into the tiny screen of the phone and the piano sound coming from it.

        " it was something i have never seen " the teacher pressed the stop button and walked back to her seat.

   " you should have seen the musicians face specially the conductor .     .     .    .he cried the whole way through"

    " does she have any family member who a pianist  or does she play at home .  .   .    " the teacher asked

     " no , there's none    .     .     . She doesn't have one either  " hyeon replied  is still in shock

   "   .   . That makes her even more amazing        .      .    .

" .   .   She might be some kind of genius .     .        .   "the teacher said with the same smile she had had since they walked through the door.

 

      " I mean what kind of person gets 100 in all her classes and plays the piano that well without any lessons  .       .        .   "

  " are you ok ? " the teacher asked looking at hyeon who hasn't said anything for the last 15 minutes or so.

     " am .    .    . Just .       .        Am just surprised "

  " well one thing we all agreed upon is that you have to get her into special school.

“ .   . May be an art on is she's a musical genius. " the teacher out down a number of folders in front of hyeon.

   " I did some research and found these special schools that might be perfect for her, i've also attached some medical research groups that have amazing tests to figure out in what aspect she's a genius on .     .      .”

        " michigesseo" hyeon picked the folders smiling.

  

   8:30 a.m.  , the bell screamed .

    "  .    .      .But i still think you need to get her examined first .    .    .   " the teacher stood up and

" .     .  Most geniuses do have some type of attention disorder or something so please get her checked " she closed the door once hyeon got out and ran towards her class after bowing.

        

           The whole morning hyeon sat at her office desk googling everything she heard in the teachers office and all the school on the list.

      

      " hyeona you coming" she looked up at mr jung's secretary standing by her door.

 "Its lunch time .    .     .     "

  "  .   .  .and i've got you favorite kimbap .    .     . Take a break" the lady dragged hyeon out of her chair.

  

            " yah , did you go talk to the buyers" mr jung screamed from his office when he saw a glimpse of the two ladies passing.

   " I have an appointment with the manger at 1:30 " hyeon screamed back pulling her phone out and looking at the time

      " its already 12:45 .     .     .    , you know there office is on the other side of town right" mr jung screamed again

          Hyeon pulled her other hand from the lady's grip and ran to her office, put everything in her bag and ran out towards the bus station.

     

                 After an almost missed bus ride and a transfer at the train station she got to the office .

   

  " well you're very late " the secretary at the desk glared frowned at hyeon

    " am so sorry .   .   .  Is the manager still in" hyeon leaned against the desk and took deep breaths to calm her racing heart down.

     “ I know he has a meeting in 5 minutes but let me see if he will see you"- the secretary stood up from her chair and walked around the desk to the door .

       Heyon took her jacket off and fixed her shirt trying to make herself a little bit more presentable.

     After a minute or so the secretary walked out of the room

   " He will see you" she held the door open and smiled at hyeon.

       " Thank you for seeing me on short notice .   .  And sorry for keeping you waiting " she sat down at  the seat right in front of the man, after taking a 360 view of the amazing office.

      “ wa!  this guy is rich”she took a mental note.

      " Do you want anything to drink " the man gave hyeon a small smile as he pressed 1 on his phone .

    " water would be fine  " hyeon smiled back

   " could you get us a glass of water " he hangs up and picked the file on his desk.

   " so you're here for the expansion plan , right?" The guy asked looking at the circled top of the paper which his secretary has written down .

   " yes.    and i heard its your company that's buying the land " hyeon smiled at the secretary who place the water in front of her and turned her eyes to the old man sitting in front , who gave out a small laugh.

      " so what did you want to discuss .    .   ."

     " I wanted to see if we could get an extension to the monday deadline and also negotiate certain things about the terms" she turned her bag towards her front and pulled a couple of papers out and placed them in front  of the man.

      " well, I don't think I can make those decisions " he picked the paper and started reading line by line . He stopped half way through the first page, put the paper down and looked up at hyeon who was waiting anxiously.

   " I dont think we could agree to these terms" he pointed to the paper.

    " sir , your evacuating about a 1000 households which already live below the poverty line .   .    .    Giving them 10,000 and a month to move out .     .    .   .  Is not ridiculous"

     " well, then why would the city council vote to sell" he started arranging the papers in front of him.

 "  we are trying so hard to make them change their  mind but it would take less effort if you could just extend the deadline or agree to negotiate the terms " she stood up following the manger as he stood up and out on his coat.

     " I’m pretty  sure the council members are very  well aware of the conditions  of this people  and will make a good decision that will benefit all .    .  ." he smiled at hyeon and started walking to the door.

     

    " the only person who's gone benefit is you .    .     .

“ .      .       . and am sure they will make the decision your money paid them  to" hyeon said in a small voice and walked out following.

     The man laughed.

    " I’ve heard of you , you know " he gave his secretary a sign and walked to the elevator followed by hyeon

    " I know ur doing this for the community  but as long as the council passes the terms there is nothing i can do "

     " of course you can sir,  .     .     .

“ .      .    .where do you think these people are gonna get a land let alone a house for 10,000 in this city .    .     .   You're ruining peoples lives for what .    .      .

“ .    . .another 5 star hotel.          .        .       .don’t we have enough of those already" she pushed the down bottom and looked up at the man staring at her.

      " you know you would make a great politician.    .         " the man smirked

      " your company makes millions every year is it so bad to give them a decent money so they could atleast have the same hellish life they had"

  

          " listen,  I would have loved to help you but I can’t " he got out

   " ok, if you can't change the terms just extend the due date by another week" she followed the man out to the car waiting for him

     " I can't do that either " he opened the door frustrated hyeon walked fats and held the door closed .

    " we only have one day left  to convince before they vote .    .     .   . Cheapal sir, for once don't you want to do the right thing”

      The man gave his driver a sign to step back.

   " i've already talked to your boss  .     .     . There's is not that much i can do the decision is being made by corporate"

    "I would have loved to help.       .         .   you need to go to corporate office and deal with them" he pulled her hands of off the door

     " but am sure ur aware the people up there won't care much about what you say ,here .   .    . " he handed her a card.

       " that's the guy giving me orders , his head of management that's overseeing the expansion .    .    .   You might want to talk to him" he got into his limo and within seconds the car left.

       

      " can you take me here" hyeon handed the driver the business card.  This is not gonna be easy , she took a deep breath and sat back closing her eyes thinking about options.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter