Stop hitting him.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“  ladies and gentlemen I hope you are enjoying your dinner .    .  . just wanted to make a quick announcement that we will be starting the bid for the charity gifts in an hour  .     .      .” the man in a tuxedo standing in front of the band went on with his announcement as hyeon turned her head back towards the table.

     “  here are you orders” ” the waited pulled his cart behind sungi and with the help of the other waiter who followed behind him , they started placing each plate according to the order.

    

  “ here’s the wine you asked for  .    .     .” he placed the ice basket with the wine bottle next to Joon. .

 “ here’s the iced lemonade for the miss .     .   .” the waiter gave hyeon a big smile and put the glass on her right side.  

   “ kumawo .   .  .’ she smiled back her eyes still looking at the food placed in front of her, which was Joon’s recommendation.

 

 “ just trust me  .     .   .” joon whispered in heyon’s ear notching her nervous look towards the dish. She just glared at him .     .    .   knowing that trusting joon might not actually be a good idea.  It wasn’t just him who noticed though, Jae who even if he tries cannot , not look her way saw her uneasiness towards one of his favorite dishes.

 

 

“ It’s just shiku sushi  .     .       . I didn’t order something you probably have never heard of , it's just sushi” joon said out loud alerting sungi and lay , who were focused on their own dish to look up at hyeon.

              Hyeon picked her chopsticks and took her first bite, the two men sitting next to her eagerly waiting for her response.

      

 “ so ,  .    .  .

              “ .     .    .how is it?” Joon asked his eyes following hyeon chopstick.

 “it’s  .     .  .”

       “ huh .     .     .” hyeon sighed covering with her hands as she swallowed the last bit of food left in .

         “ it’s  .    .  .what?” joon asked not able to stand her delaying to reply to his question.

  

“ It’s really good  .    .  .” hyeon smiled making Joon sigh in relief.

       “ .   .    .may be you can really be trusted when it comes to food” she complimented Joon, making him and sungi smile as the two brother kept their focus on their dinner.  Then the table went back to silence again.

         

 Joon swirling his drink looked up at Lay sitting next to him attentively and quickly eating his food without even once glancing up at hyeon . Then at Jae,who clearly looks uncomfortable sitting next to hyeon as he fidgets every time his eyes mistakenly glance at the girl sitting next to him. Then at heyon who every time she leaned forward is grabbing her hair in one hand and eating gracefully not to mess up her make up.

         “ so  what was the event you were at ?” Joon asked trying to break the silence and get a conversation going.

           “ me? .    .     .” hyeon asked when she found everybody's eye’s looking at her after joon’s question.

    

     “ I was at a friend’s college reunion .   .  “  she turned her eyes back to her food after noticing lay’s sharp eyes staring at her.  

      “ .     .  .why are you attending somebody else's college reunion  .    .  .” sungi picked his water glass.    

       

  “ I didn’t know it was a reunion  .     .      .

               “  .     .     . he's a dear friend so.   .   .?” she looke dup again stealing a glance at lay , who just smirked when she said a dear friend.

       “   you are dressed to kill   .        .     .,

                    ‘ .     .     .   I don’t think you just went there to hang out .   .  .” sungi as always is the one that asks the questions once Joon started the conversation.

     “  .    .   .haha” hyeon smile dpicking tehnapkin ad covering , remembering how Lay shouted at for going to busan with Jisung .

 

   “ i must really give off .     .     . an easy to get kind  of vibe” she placed the napkin down still smiling.

          “ .     .     . since all of you are assuming just because I am dressed a certain way or because i went somewhere with a guy he has to be more than a friend” she glared up at lay .     .     .    . .making all the others turn their eyes towards the man sitting in front of her.

 

“ Last time I checked I’m single  .      .     .

          “ If I want to go to busan with a guy for a night or nights  .      .      . I can and have no obligation to explain anything to anybody” her eyes were sharp and directed at lay.

  “haha .    .   .’ Joon smirked reminded once again how much of a sharp tongue hyeon has.

            

“ you went to busan with a guy .     .      . over night    .    .     .   .?” sungi asked immediately turning his eyes to lay, who turned his eyes from hyeon to his wine glass and drank the whole thing in one breath .

    “ hu .   .  .” Jae coughed almost choking at sungis question  .    .    .  he picked his glass up and took a sip his eyes still glued to his plate not wanting to look up.  

       “ why busan? .   .    .” Joon asked hopping hyeon would give out the truthful answer rather than defend herself with a great comback.   

      

    “  I had some personal issues to deal with and I needed someone to go with me so  .    .   .” She gave Joona quick smile.

     “  what kind of issues do you have in  busan .     .   .” sungi asked picking his fork.  

“ personal one’s .    .    . “ hyeon answered glaring at sungi as he stopped his fork halfway to his mouth  shocked by her stare.

   “ you know, when you defend yourself like that you are just making us assume something did really happen .    .   .’ Joon said looking at Jae who was taking with one of the waiters, probably asking for a shot.

  

          The table went silent as all waited for hyeon to respond. She took a couple of minutes to think about whether she should do she shouldn’t  explain what happened.

 

  “  we consider you to be a friend  .     .    .   .and  I’m sure lay considers you to be a friend  .      

            “ if you had asked he would have accompanied you to busan .      .       .” joon added making heyon glance up at lay.

 

   “  There are kids that I take care of and their mom is, for the time being staying with her family members.

      “ .      .     .   . I had to take the kids to see their mom and since he's a doctor I asked him to come with me and check up on her”   Hyeon answered her eyes still focused on lay.

 

 

  “ and I don’t think we are friends .    .     .” she said minutes later, scanning everybody around the table then bringing her chopsticks up and returning to her dinner.

    

 “ oh come on, how long have we been seeing each other 2 month now  .    .  .

         “ .     .       .of course we are friends” joon smiled   

 

     “ Why are we not friends?” sungi asked passing lay the wine bottle.

 

  “ for one, we don’t even know anything about each other .    .  .” hyeon smirked brushing her hair back.

 

 “  Do we have to know everything about you to be your friend  .    .   .

  “ .     .   .cus within minutes I can get a folder filled with everything about you on my desk before midnight” joon started laughing.

       

 “ how can you do that ?”  Hyeon asked for a moment scared by what joon just said.

 “ you do not wanna know” Joon went on laughing glancing at hyeon’s baffled face.

    

     “ you don’t even consider him a friend .       .     . “ Sungi pointed at Lay making everybody raised their eyebrows .     .    . even Jae who has kept his eye down on his plate looked up at his younger brother , who was eagerly waiting for heyon reply.  

        

 “ He's my boss .    .   .” hyeon answered as Sungi and Joon dropped their eyes down  .      .      .        .   unable to even look at Lay who probably is going mad inside by what she just said.

     

“ haha .     .      .” Lay smirked pushing his hair back a couple of times  .     .     . twice,  .    .   .this is the second time she has diminished even the thought of him liking her or them being more than an employee and a boss.  

         

 The table went quiet for a couple of minutes before Joon broke it.

        

“ so , lay  .     .     . how are you ?”

       “  getting ready to be the largest shareholder, hu?” joon asked looking up to find lay looking at him with a death stare.

 

   “  .    .    .oh right the inheritance  .     .  .” sungi picking his glass up and turned his face towards lay.   

        “ we might need to start looking for other Jobs  .     .     .

                 “ .       .      .     .   I heard the madam is hosting a lavish dinner monday night under your name “ sungi added.

         “  .       .        .  the fascinating part is you're invited” Sungi turned his eye’s to Jae. Jae didn’t react just went on eating.

                “ .     .      . everybody is saying they are gonna kick you of the the states by my money is on somehow you're gonna end up being missing ” sungi started laughing followed by Joon. hyeon raised her head and titled it to the left to sneak a glance at Jae .       .     . Jae looked up picking his glass up and changing his eyes from hyeon’s eyes that were sharply staring at him to sungi sitting on his left side.

              “  .   .   .you promised you would take me with you if they sent you to the U.S.

                           “ .         .         .  i’ve already gotten everything I need , ready” Joon smiled.

 

     “  .      .      . wait this means she’s gonna get your position” sungi said pointing at hyeon then at Joon.

        “ .    .    .oh yeah  .     .   .” Joon turned his eyes to hyeon still smiling.

   “I’m not a permanent employee  .     .    . I have like  a couple of weeks left  .      .    .” hyeon took another bite.

          “ I’m sure Lay will extend your contract .      .      . ”

                 “ .     .   .wouldn’t you?” sungi  asked but Lay didn’t answer.

 

      “ Even if he did i won’t be here  .     .     .  I’m already slacking of my other job because of this” hyeon picking her lemonade.

       “ oh, yeah the city council .       .     .how’s the land thing going?” Joon asked

 

         “  evacuation has already started  .     .    .

   “.   .  . someone from head quarters is coming for some ceremonial thing on monday” hyeon said , the first part of her sentence still saddening  her.  

            “ I heard the madam has taken over the expansion p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter