They know already.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

we're at chapter 90, My God! thanks everybody.

    Sorry for the long chapter .

-------------------- --------------------

 

   “ .   .    .  What is this ?” the accountant has shouted when he heard he press conference has been moved to the biggest press conference rooms .   .   . The number of reporters changed from 15 to over a hundred. Ever news channel had a reporter there .  This has been the topic of the week and there was no way any of them were gonna miss it.

 

    “ .   .    .  What are we gonna do now ?” the accountant standing by the door asked and the lawyer standing next to him glaring at the line of cameras in each raw didnt had anything to reply with. He has underestimated everything.

 

  “ .   .    .  Sir , the executive director wants to see you “ one of the men with the jk logo tag led the two to the room next to door where jae and joon were at.  

 

-----   -------

 

           “ .   .  This is gonna be epic “ sungi halting the car at the red light smiled looking back through the rear view mirror. Jae sitting in the left , legs crossed tms folded .  His eyes staring out the window into the distance did not reply or had any type of reaction to sungis words while joon gave a little smile.

 

      He has gone over the possible questions hundreds of times .  .   .  Preparing what should be an appropriate reply . He has stayed up till 3 reading through the list but even after that his eyes could even shut nor could his mind start sleeping when he laid on the big couch in front of his bed. Eun bi , who has begged to sleep on his bed was all laid out and not wanting to disturb her he chose the couch .

 

     No matter how much he changed his position he couldn't fall asleep and while he stayed there staring out the window the dark night slightly started clearing up to a gloomy morning. It was when his alarm screamed at 6:30 a.m that his heart started beating faster than the rhythm it's used too. His suppose to be 5 minute shower has taken about half an hour too as he stood behind the hot water attacking his shoulder. His anxiety was already kicking in and when his hands started shaking when he was putting on his cloth he took the pills he had already prepared out .

 

 

   “ .   .   .  There it is .  .   “ joon when their car turned right coming straight to the Jk headquarters said . All eyes including jaes directed at the building that seems to be getting larger and larger by the second they drove to it . Specially, for jae who has never even payed attention to the building it looked quite big .  Intimidating and almost a threatening big statue that he has to conquer. The line of securities by the drive by didn't even dare stop the car that slowly drove in .  .  All giving a small bow stepped out the way as sungi drove the car passed the line of cars and into the ramp leading to the vip parking on the second floor.

 

   “ .   .  .  What’s with the security ?” joon asked looking past the securities they just passed . Its  bit weird to see this many securities on the front drive by .

 

    “ .   .   .  Drop us off at the door “ joon asked when they got to the second floor and as ordered sungi pulled the car over at the gate .   .   .  It was not hard to find it since both the lawyer and accountant were already standing by the gate waiting for them .  Along with them the pr chef and his intern who were standing along . The later two a bit startled and excited as they saw the car pull over next to them .

 

   “ .   .   .  You tell him “ the accountant pushed the lawyer in front as the car came to a stop . But neither the accountant nor the lawyer said anything as jae got of the car followed by joon from the front side . All followed behind as jae started walking past the door the intern held open.

 

       scared to even say a single thing both the account and the lawyer stayed quiet of the information they were briefed on minutes ago when they arrived . The 15 or so journalist they have told Jae have turned to be over a hundred and it was so much that the pr team had to move it to their biggest press conference room.  Not just the biggest news channels it was as though every news affiliate in the country  was here waiting eagerly for the first shots of Jae.

 

     They have walked up to the room from the back door and have seen the lines after lines of cameras all targeted at the front desk with jaes name in the middle , the lawyer on the right and the or chef on the left .   .   . The chatter in the room was terrifying just as much as the number of cameras as even the lawyer scared to be standing in front of all these people ran out of the room heading to the bathroom .

 

   Led to the room next to the conference room .  .  The six men walked in , the intern closing the door behind .

   

    “ .     .    .   We have about 45 minutes and we have already handed out the needed documents to all of them “ the pr chef looking through the files on his hand started letting Jae know where they are right now .

 

  “ .   .   .    jae we have a problem “ before the pr chef said it and he got in trouble the lawyer started explaining. Jae who was already on the edge hearing the word problem turned around quickly glaring at the lawyer

 

   “ .   .   . We have over a hundred reporters there .  . It's a packed room “  the lawyer delivered the bad news .

 

 “ .  .  . WHAT .  ?” joon screamed staring at the lawyer then the pr chef .  , jae brushing his hair back just sat down on the couch . He needs to sit .   .   .  His heart was already on the line but the moment he heard the news it jumped a beat . Never in his life has jae been this scared. It was as though someone was squeezing his stomach as he feels a bit dizzy and sick.

 

 

  “ .  .  What do you mean over a hundred “ joon went on demanding answers he didn't even let the pr chef talk as he snatched the papers from his hand and started reading the list of the reporters .   .   .  3 page full of names was what he found . While his boss sitting by the couch just went on squeezing his head ,  , silently trying to stay calm joon went on a rampage . Mad not just at the lawyer who didn't let them know earlier but also himself for not estimating this . How have they underestimated the media's hunger for gossip.

 

    Minutes later the room went dead quiet .    Joon standing by he window .   .  Jae on the couch staring out into the distance . His brain unable even to think about anything eals just blocking out into what he was staring at.

 

 “ .   .    .  We messed up .  .  We messed up big time but what now ?” the lawyer asked throwing his jacket off onto the ground. They have placed the conference perfectly before the uncles one and have perfe tally kept it hidden as even in the building lay doenst know there is a press conference going on neither does his uncle who is supposed to be in the same management meeting as him .

 

       “ .   .   .  If we loss this chance , he might just come out and explain it to them who she is “ the lawyer shouted .   .   .  Startling everyone.

 

  “ .   .    .  Do you think he is walking out just to say he's the new e.d. , he is definitely gonna answer the questions they are gonna ask him about you “ he added on . He seems to be the only one this heated and angry as both the account and joon standing were more focused on waiting for their boss to say anything .

 

    “ .   .     .   You have to do this , Jae “ the lawyer standing in front of jae asked .

 

  “ .   .    .  Are you talking about the new executive directors press meeting ?”the pr chef asked from the corner and all eyes turned his way .

 

  “ .   .    .  He already had his early in the morning “ he added an even greater bad news to them .  .  The eyes that popped out glaring at him were evident of how shocked all were.

 

 

   “ .   .   .  OH GOD “ the lawyer sighed . Joon quickly turned his eyes from the window to jae. He didn't miss how Jae had squeezed his eyes shut and just sighed when he heard the news. Their whole plan has just crashed down .   .  Everything they have prepared and wasted hours getting ready for has just became meaningless. The uncle has beat them to it .

 

 “ .   .    .  He had it around 7, his flying with the ceo to china right now “ the pr chef added it might have been a good news for them to hear that both the uncle and c.e,o were gone but after the massive bad news he told them even their brains weren't working to cathe what he followed up the bad news with.

 

  “ .  .  Do you know what he talked about ?” joon being the quick one you always think of solution rather than dwell on the problem asked and all anxious and curious eyes turned the the chef again. Jae pulling out the cigarette picked from his pocket pulled one out and with his shaking right hand light it up . Even the pills he took might not be able to bury his anxiety away today .   . As though it was oxygen and he was suffocating she on the cigarette inhaling the smoke in .

 

  “ .  .   He talked about his election and what he was gonna bring into the company and stuff “ a bit nervous at the eyes glaring at him he chef replied . .  And his replied was a bit of a relief as all sighed instantly .

 

  “ .   .  . Oh , they did ask him about your relationship “ the or not letting them enjoy the relief for a second brought their attention back to him. Jae’s eyes shot up directly to the pr chef . He knows the uncle has the upper hand when it came to hyeon . He could even give a long briefing on everything about hyeon but as smart as he is he won't do that now.

 

   “ .     .   .  And .  “ the lawyer anxious out of mesure asked when he or chef stayed quite for more than he should have had . The intern standing behind his boss moved a bit having been in the press conference earlier he has heard all the things the uncle have said about jae and he knows the men in this room are not gonna be happy to hear about it .

 

     “ .   .  We’ll , he told them not to pay that much attention to it since it probably is just a fling for you and she'll disappear in no time “  all eyes following the pr chef turned to jae.

 

  “ .  .  He said it jokingly .   .  “ the man added and all have caught the little smirk on jae's lips .  Behind the white smoke jae's eyes have turned from being filled with anxiety blank in a matter of seconds when hyeon's name was mentioned. What his uncle said, he knows was a clear threat . Not just him even joon and the lawyer knew what “ she will disperse in no time meant”.

 

“ .   .   .  He told them you were a great director but there was a lot reasons why you were replaced and mentioned  the land deal and all that mess “ the pr went on but nobody in that room needed to hear more now they knew why there was all these reporters eagerly waiting for him .  After all what the uncle have said . They probably have thousands of question ready about not just hyeon but the land deal that caused so much drama and a riot.

 

   From one to two .  Three .  Four ,  five jae sat there blowing the white smoke out as the quiet room gave his mind some silence to think in what to do now .

 

  All night long he has sat down hesitating .   .   . trying to hide his nervous scared at what he was about to do.   .  Anxious beyond measure at what he was gonna start will cost him. He was scared of being the one to officially start it .   .   He has always been afraid of causing the fire but fighting it .   .   Playing their game and beating them at it is what he does best.

     Giving the press conference earlier the uncle might have thought might throw off jae but it only gives him more reason to fight back even more harder . Specially the little joking threat he made about hyeon will cost him.

   

   “ .   .    .  Can you leave us ? “ joon giving the pr chef and his intern a small smile asked and the two men followed his request quietly stepping out of the room . The lawyer with the scotch in his hand sitting in front of jae chugged the rest of the drink in one breath    .  Unlike the two he is going on stage with jae and by now it won't make any difference if he is drunk or not .

 

    Forget their own game now they are gonna be playing the uncles game .

 

    “ .   .   .   What's the plan now ?” the accountant asked .  . Dead silent was the room as he waited for a reply . All of them are too dismayed by the turn of events to think fast enough for a plan.

 

 

      “ .   .    .  We are gonna play , that's what's gonna happen “ jae shocking all stood up and headed to the door . The anger and rage they heard in his voice should have been exciting for the men to hear but they were more worried than relieved that he is ready to fight .

 

      “ .   .   .  Jae , .  . “ joon followed behind taking quick steps to catch up to jae heading to the elevator .

 

  “ .  .    .  Jae , you don't have to do this you know ?” joon jumped in before the door closed . He glanced at the number jae pressed 11, he must be headed to his office.

 

  “ .   .   .   Its not gonna end well , jae “ joon pulling the cigarette of of ajes lips tried convincing with his puppy eyes .

 

   “ .  .   .  There's no going back now , hyong “ jae brushed his hair back .   .  His heart has never beaten this fast before nor has his anxiety started creeping in this calmly . He is afraid .  He is afraid of it all but he has to fight . He has to fight back and when he does one thing he lared being raised by those people was to put on a winner face even when he's losing . Act like you're ready to fight when your whole body feels like it has minutes before it stops working .

 

    “ .   .    .   Do you think the will leave me alone now , he threatened hyeon “ Jae brushing his hair back with his shaking hands again started back at joon who didn't had anything to reply with  he knew this was coming . He knew the war was gonna start but he didn't think it would start like this .  .   .  

 

    “ .   .    .  It's me or them now “ jae with his boss walk walked out the elevator heading to his office . To add to his anger the sign waiting for him by the door was amazing.

 

 Remodeling start date monday .

 

   With his right hand he your the paper off as he pushed the door open and walked in.

 

 Joon standing by the door just went on staring at jae who frantically goes through his drawers pulling file after file. Joon might be the only one right now that could tell jae is scared all the rest would see a confident looking man with a great plan.

 

   “ .   .    .  Tell someone to clear this office and send it all to the house “ jae order and joon following pulled his out and started texting .

 

 

  Within minutes both the lawyer and the accountant were in ajes office all four men standing across the big decks .  Jackets  off  ties thrown to the ground as they read through the legal documents and come up with a plan.  Alcohol filled glasses across each person all needed some in their system to help with the anxiety .   Specially jae who went through his pack of cigarettes .

 

   “ .    .   .  We are gonna go all out now , no backing down now” the lawyer offered the thought all had.

 

   “ .   .  .  They are not gonna stop till they get what they want so we have to fight back with all we got “ he added staring at jae who will be the one sacrificing everything on the line .

 

    “ .   .   .  throw lays name out and give his records as a jock just like what he did “ the lawyer smiling came with a great tactic . Joon slowly raising his eyes glanced at jae. Joon knows all Jae has done for Lay. No matter how much he pushes his little brother around Jae has done a lot for  brother and knowing that joon can expect how much rage jae must be filled with after hearing that lay was the first one to replace  him with his uncle.

 

   “ .   .   .  Sir you have 5 minut “ the pr intern after two knocks he pushed his head into the office and announced and by the time the men walked out of the elevator heading to the conference room .   .  Thire messy cloth all arranged perfectly now .  .   Thier game face on confidence coming off their chest .  Even employee on their way has walked away as they walk the hallway led the pr chef .

 

   “ .  .  Ommo .  .  isn’t  that him “ some of the employees who saw him have gasped when the group of men walked past them .

 

  “ .   .    .  We have a couple of minutes “ the pr chef holding the door open led them to the room adjacent the conference room .

 

   “ .   .    .  You can walk off any time “ joon walking to jae standing by the table pouring water into the glass whispered . Jae didn't reply just swallowed the two pills on his hand and rushed it own with the cold water. Jae above everything is worried about Jae’s well being. He has seen his mug down the alcohol and finish the whole pack of cigarettes but knowing how much nervous jae is he couldn’t even ask him to stop it .

 

     Two more pills jae has swallowed again and joon is right at edge of calling min to be on stand by just in case . His heart is not betaing worried about what might happen in front of the cameras but what’s going on with jae .

 

   “ .   .    .  Do you hear this” the accounts pointing to the wall separating their room from the conference room smile d. The chatter from the room next door was very clear to hear.

 

 “ .  .  .  Is she still not picking up?” jae brushing his hair back before he folded his arms tightly to his chest asked joon who he has told to call hyeon when they were in his office by them self. He knew just hearing her voice might calm him down a bit but apparently  hyeon is not even picking up. Above his pills and cigarettes it's her who he needs right now . It's only her who could come his racing heart and his anxiety that's about to take over .

 

   “ .   .   .  We could do it some other day , let’s just call it off “ joon trying to find jae eyes asked but he never got his answer as the pr chef walked in calling on the lawyer and Jae to follow him.

 

    “ .   .   .  Time For pay back “ the lawyer smiling ear to ear walked out following the or chef and the intern .  . The line of employees who have stood waiting for him after they shared he was about to give a press conference and ran down here was funny to watch.  Most in an “ aww “ that he is just about to admit that he is in love with a girl who was one of them  the rest just admiring the tall man walking with that devilish bossy attitude they are used to seeing him in .

 

 “ .   .   .   If i black out  make sure nobody uses that picture “ jae leaning to joon whispered . If it was any given day he would be terrified of the stranger's eyes gawking at him but now he has something else to worry about ,

 

  “ .   .    . Jae you're scaring me “ startled by what jae just asked him to do joon replied his eyes that has been staring back at the hall way since they walked out turning to jae.

 

   It was as though the president after a scandal just walked out as the cameras started flashing .   .   Not just jae all the men walking onto the stage fliched . Hiding their eyes from the flash .  

 

   Have you ever had a dream where you were standing if rot of your whole class stark .   .   That was what jae felt as he sat down in the middle chair .   . All eyes and all cameras directed straight at him .

 

  “ .  .  God help us . “ the accountant standing next to joon by the right corner of the room to have a clear view at jae prayed.

 

 

      “ .   .   .  Ladies and gentlemen thank you for coming , the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter