Monday

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

   “ .   .    . look who we have here” jessica folding her arms glared at hyeon who just walked.

    “ .   .  .  If not the future mrs jk “ she added smiling .

 

 

“ .   .   . ya , how can you give him the kids “ hyeon throwing her bag away on the table screamed jessica's way startling the later.

 

    “ .   .    .  If i wanted them to stay with him i would have asked him “ she added pointing her fingers at girl sitting behind the desk.

 

   “ .   .  .  He came to my house and asked was i supposed to say no .   . How?” jessica standing up glared back.

 

    “ .   .    .  He's my boss how am i supposed to say no to him”  she added .

 

    “ .    .     .  You!   meeting in 5 “the guy pushing his head through the door he openly lightly shouting hyeon's way.

 

     “    .   .   It never ends does it “picking her bag up hyeon walked away towards her room  .  .n b.  The number of folders and files laid out on her table not surprising her.

 

    “ .   .    .   So are you gonna tell me what happened or .  .  .n” standing by the door arms folded as she leaned on the wall jessica asked glaring at  hyeon sorting through the folders to find the meeting agenda .

 

     “ .   .   .  Tokyo was amazing but i was busy attending meetings and conferences “ without even lifting her eyes from the folders she looking through hyeon replied.

 

    “ .   .     .    That's not what i want to know “

 

 “ .   .   ,  got it “ hyeon jumped up as she pulled the agenda meeting folder from the pile of folders .

 

   “ .   .    .    I  don't know what you wanna ask specifically?” hyeon pucking her phone and a pen out her bag started walking to the door .

 

   “.  .   . The Executive director is babysitting your kids .  .   ,” jessica said out loud as she followed hyeon behind .

 

   “ .   .    . And whose fault is that “

 

  “.   .     .   . Am not the one sleeping with him so not me “ jessica glared back her words silencing hyeon as she shocked by what jessica spat out stood standing for a second or two.

 

     “ .   .   .   YOU DID  .  .   “ she shouted out

 

“.    .     .        You slept with the excu.  .  “ before she finished hyeon’s hand landed in shutting her up .

 

  “ .   .    . We’ll talk at lunch “ hyeon sprinted out .

 

       But as she ran from meeting to meeting hyeon didn't even have time to drink coffee let alone have lunch . Thank god she was well rested and had a great breakfast before she left home or this would have been a very tiring day.

 

 

          As always sitting at her corner letting whatever they are talking about go in one ear and through out the other one. Nobody asked for her comment or if she has a question and even though she has ideas to contribute too she choses to stay quit .   .   .  Why help these idiots , she always smiles as she curses each one out.  

 

    “ .    .     .   How was ur day ?” lay asked fixing his tie as they started walking to the elevator.

 

   “ .   .   .   Tiering “ hyeon pushed the down button.one last mnagenmnet meeting and she will be done for the day .   .   .  First thing to do eat .   .     .  

    “ .    .     .  Did you talk to hyong today ?” he got in first .

 

“ .    .    .   No , why? Was he here ?” hyeon got in .

 

    “ .   .     . No “

 

“ .   .   .  Oh “ hyeon sighed a bit relieved that she didn't miss jae when he has been in the building.  The last day she saw him being friday when he picked them up and they spent the whole afternoon there be she insisted on going home .

 

  “ .    .    .  You can always call him “

 

“ .   .   .  I don't have his number “ hyeon looking through the mirror in front started fixing her hair .  . She didn't notice the little smirk and stunned look on lays face .

 

   “ .   .    .  What do you mean you don't have his number ?”

 

“ .   .    .   He’s your boyfriend”

 

“ .   .   .  He’s not my boyfriend “ with a small smile hyeon whispered out. The title still doesn’t seem right and makes her giggle.

 

    “ .   .    .   Are you that happy ?”

 

       Lay focusing his eyes on her glowing face and infectious smile can't help but ask as his lips part up smiling just like her.  Yet another side of hyeon he hasn’t seen before . He has never seen her smile like this or giggle like a little girl like this  .    .     .   

      Both smiling like idiots walked into the general meeting . As always taking the seat behind lay hyeon opened up the agenda meeting and on top the latest edition of the business 101 book she rented out from the public library yesterday when she took the kids for their usual book pickups.

 

      Even Though equipped with law terms and some common sense of business hyeon for the most part finds it even hard to read and immediately understand these reports and files that are sent to her to overview.  

 

    “ .  .   .   Now why the interest ?” jessica has smirked and asked when she saw the book . For hyeon who has been running around saying she wasn't even working here for long and hates corporations it was funny to see her with a business book.  and no matter hyeon argues it's just to make sure she doesn't sign on something deadly she can't help but acknowledge the curiosity ghats building up inside her when she always hears about stocks and their shares and whatnot .   .   .  But most of it all is jae. Just to understand his mindset and how on earth he handled this corporation with that mind of his .

 

      Pages bookmarked .   .  Lines highlighted it wouldn't take hyeon years to get a degree in business but unlike most in this building she doesn't have the mentality . It's not something she's born with , chasing money .  Sometimes she even stopped herself and wonders where the old her .  .  .  The one before the jk paychecks .  .   .  The one before that wouldn't even dream of kissing the executive director in a store rather beating him to death.

 

      “ .    .      . You're losing yourself !” she would smile and go back to reading .  .   .  A bit afraid to even ask the basic question of why she is still working there even after Jae has left .   .    .  She has used him as an excuse for herself .   .   And her work has been an excuse why she doesn't even show up to any of the events she was part of any of the organization that she use to be the backbone off.  

 

         Her eyes staring at the words in the book hyeon's mind is busy trying to find an excuse why she has stayed here.

 

  “ .    .     .  Hey , can we go somewhere?”

 

“ .   .   .  Hyeon” lay tapped on her tail to wake hyeon up. The meeting has already ended .   .  . The men in suits walking out is the first thing she noticed . A bit dazed at how she doesn't even remember a single word they discussed hyeon started picking her stuff.

 

   “ .    .     .  Can we go somewhere before dinner?” lay asked picking the book hyeon was reading up. They have already agreed to eating dinner together since both haven't had anything since breakfast but better than hyeon lay at least had a snack or two.

 

    “ .   .     .  Why are you reading this ?” he started flipping through the pages only reading the highlighted sentences.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter