Gloomy days.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

  

       

Day after day .   .  the week passed by as the weather stayed as gloomy and dark as the one before it. The black clouds hanging above the city as the fog covers what's beneath them  . The weather just like the people walking by seems to be way depressed .  Looking out through his big window .  .   . Even lay couldn't help but feel depressed. The weather adding to his already saddened heart the last couple of days have been one of the worst even for him . Now clearing seeing how much hyeon really adored his brother sincerely he can't help but be heartbroken to see her like this.

 

         From her swollen eyes that proved how long she have cried for days to her now pale,almost ghost looking,  face lay doesn't even know where to begin .  .  .nor does he know how to even start any conversation with hyeon.  She looks to fragile to easy to break and anything he says might break her down . He knows she is standing on a single string and trying her best to keep everything together . And everytime she sees his brother that string seems to be getting thinner and thinner .

 

       His brother has crushed her down  .    .     . he has broken her down and if somehow jae doesn’t fix it soon even lay might be past the point of forgiving him for it.

        

     Although the whole situation doesn't make sense to him lay has tried his best to get to his brother and find anything out but as expected that has failed ridiculously . Worse than before jae has kept his distance not just from hyeon but from lay and anybody that has anything to do with hyeon. If not his effort to stay away it's his blank face as he passes them as though they were strangers that has sent the clear message. It has taken Lay years to get used to being treated like trash by his brother    .     .    knowing the feeling how can he even imagine to think about how painful it must be for hyeon.  And just like lay the whole building is getting a bit confused by the whole situation.


 

    There boss has gone from running and wrapping his arms around hyeon to not even glancing her away as he passes her by.

 

   “ .   .   .  May be he dumped her .  “ the rumor has traveled around the whole week. Some have guessed that may be  his parents threatened her but the fact that she is still working has brought down that rumor. But as the days went by the number of eyes glaring hyeon's way started decreasing as did the gossips.  Weather he threw her away or the parents did it has become clear that whatever was thought to be hyeon and jae has ended.  

 

      

       As a zombie stuck  between the dead and the living hyeon just walks  around and does her job as best as she could while her blanked out brain and shattered heart fight it out to keep working.

 

  “ .  .   .  You know you can take days off .   .    .  “ lay has whispered to her offering her to take a break from work. If he was her he wouldn't even be working anymore. And  like him jessica has also suggested for hyeon to take a break. She unlike lay has been more scared of hyeon body that clearly looks like it needs  a good rest rather than lay who wants her to take a break from running into his brother, who everytime shes sees she gets paler .

 

     Now more than ever knowing how really cruel his brother truly is lay couldn't even imagine how jae keeps his blank face and walks past hyeon .  .   .  He has seen her .   .  He has seen her walking along as a zombi . Even a bit .   .  If he had liked her just a bit then how could that heart then be this cold to her now . Even if threatened he didn't need to go this far. He didn't need to alliante the already broken hyeon.

 

    This are the times he wishes he knew his brother . Lay still standing by his big window glaring out into the foggy city couldn't stop his brain from wandering out into why jae is doing this .

 

 

   The thought that may be Jae did chose the company throwing her away lurking behind all his thoughts as lay doesn't even want to consider it yet .  Was what he saw an illusion .   .   .   Was all his brothers actions in front of hyeon an act . Were his smiles lay saw for the first time as fake as always .   .    .  Did lay imagine them to be genuine. Were his eyes that glare at hyeon with so much emotion and imagination of lay.   

 

     As he stands there staring out his window .  ,  Jessica behind the door reads through hyeon's file before she sends it to management. Hyeon seems to be making quite few mistakes and jessica has taken upon herself to help out and be the editor before she transfers the files . Specially the ones that need to be sent upstairs to the 11th floor for a signature of the devil.

 

        The name she has never used when everybody in the building did . Jessica knows has caught up and started following everybody on addressing the executive director as “  the devil on the 11th” . The once most handsome man she has seen number on step holder .   .   .  Has gone of her list completely as she in place of hyeon hates everything about him.  .   .  Since hyeon's eyes can't seem to even look up at jae anymore jessica has been the one delivering death glares as she walks past the executive director. Not even afraid of he fires her for it .  .   .  It has become impossible for her to mask her anger and frustration. And she is waiting .  .  Patiently waiting till hyeon's broken heart , sadness and blaming herself changes into hate and anger .

 

   Knowing hyeon’s personality almost everybody that knows what's going on ;  from jessica to seung to joon are counting down and praying for the day hyeon would stop crying all alone and started blaming the person who has crushed her whole world apart. That will be the day they are all looking forward too. A day for her hands to land a couple of slaps on that blank face of his . Her lips to curse out his name she has adored so much .    .   .  Even though she can't crush his world as much as he did to hers .  At Least she should be ending it off in her own way . giving something for the rest feel justified with.

 

     No matter how much she looks like she has given on life ; her fighting self is what has kept her coming to work every morning . I can do it .   .  She repeats as she stares at herself before walking out of the bathroom .  With all her might she has to keep moving on. If not for herself at least for the kids . She has noticed how they stay quite .  .  Doing the chores themselves to give her time and not to bother her.

 

  Mrs jung making the kids dinner every other night she has sent them packing some food to store in the fridge and eat at night.  After having cry out in her arms she has made sure nobody starved in that house and did the most she can taking care of the kids. Her daughter also helping out with picking up eun bi and helping her with homework.  

 

   “ .    .   .  This is why i say don't chose the good looking ones” mr jung has complained.

 

  “  .    .    .  A decent man with a decent living was good enough why chase a millionaire .  .  “ he has added before his wife tapped his chest to shut him up.  

 

   “.    .    .  He's not a millionaire  .   , he's a billionaire “ seung had corrected from the other end of the table . Her blood fueled red eyes look like she will scratch his face off if she runs to him at any time. Adding to the list her dad was marked as number one on Jae has raised an arch enemy in seung who wouldn't even forgive him if he died to save hyeon from now on.  

 


 

     “ .   .    . Hyeon  am going to the meeting with the general manager are you sure you don't need anything” jessica asked walking into hyeon's office.

 

   “ .    .    . I don't need anything” hyeon brushing her hair back replied.

 

   “ .     .     .  It’s not gonna take long may be like 10 minutes .   .    We’ll go for lunch when i come back “ jessica glanced at the time almost 5 .   .   They should just wait an hour and have dinner while they go home . Lunch hour has passed way back when.

 

   “ .    .     .  I’ll be back okay “ she ran out .

 

  “ .   .  .  Huh” sighing hyeon returned her eyes back onto the computer .  The list of job opening for a person with a law degree seems to be filled with private law firms and corporations. Even Though she could start working at the local legal aid after enrolling  eun bi in the special school and seung having her tutor hyeon needs good paying job before she quits.  After this experience who would wanna work for a corporation though . If she had stayed true to her morlas .  .  If she hadn't wavered from her rules that she hates corporations and not taken his job .   .   This wouldn't even have happened . She wouldn't even have met jae at all.

 

       Lost .   .   .  The hyeon that everybody loved and wanted to be like has been lost . The take no from anyone, stand for what's right and the week hyeon has disappeared.  All her drive and rules she stood by have disappeared into thin air as she started working here  .   .  . She has lost focus on what mattered and all the things she cared about . Now looking back that's what's hurting hyeon the most .   

 

     All the charity work .   .   . All the free legal advice she use to give .   .  The simple satisfaction she got from helping strangers .    .   .  All the weekends she waste cooking for the kids in the orphanage .   .  The fish market she use to walk through everyday wit eun bi .   .     . Those were the times she really was her self . Now sitting on thousands dollar chair standing on thousands of dollars carpet .   .    . This hyeon who have cried her heart out for just a man .  . A rich bastard of a man who has thrown her away .    .   .  This is not the hyeon most know of or have ever seen.

 

      She has lost her self .   .   .  And just for a man.

 

   Once thought  impossible by most who knew her from early days it's too much for them to take that a man has crushed her like this.  

 

  “ .    .    .  The C.E.O. wants to see you “  the guy who quietly opened her door announced and as quietly as he opened the door walked out .

 

     “ .    .    .  Did i make another mistake again “ hyeon picked her phone and got up walking out of her office. With not even a single idea as to what's waiting for her , hyeon went on walking to the ceos section of the 10 th floor . If she had know all the words that are gonna be thrown her way she would have probably walked slower or might not even have came .

 

   “ .     .     .  She is here sir “ the secretary announced as gives a small bow and close the door behind hyeon .

 

   “ .    .     .   Huh” hyeon gasped as the c.e.o took a few seconds just glaring at her .   .    .   She now knows where jae gets his deep stares from and just like his dark ones the dads brown eyes scaring her she started playing with her fingers that are entangled together to get ride of her anxiety.

 

    “ .    .    . Come sit .   .  “ the dad ordered signalling hyeon to sit on the seat in front of him . As told hyeon walked away and sat on the seat in front of the dad .   .   She gave a small bow as she sat down . Now getting even more worried that he might have called her to talk about jae rather than some report she got wrong .

 

   1.    . 2.    .  3    the dad spent some seconds , about a minute just scanning hyeon up and d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter