you'll be fine.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  " we have everything on stand by,sir" the chief police said to all the groupe of councilmen standing around .

   "  .   .    .  .we have placed officers in all the spots you wanted

   “ i think were good to go "he smiled .    .    .  

 

  " thank you " the nervous  mr jung replied .

  " we have about 30 minutes till they arrive .    .    . Everything should be perfect " he said holding up the schedule for the day .

 

   " sir the media is already here " mr jung's secretary pointed to the line of vans pulling over across the street .     .     .   it didn't take  the journalist minutes to get out and start fixing their equipment right in front of the podium to have a good view of the speakers.

 

   " .     .      . Ommo " how many of them are gonna be here " mr lee smiled counting the number of journalists in his head.

 

 

  " .   .    .  This is gonna be a big publicity for us too"

 

“  .     .   .lets go back and change we need to be dressed sharp for this .   .  .” mr lee led the way back to the office.



 

   And just like it was on the schedule , the  black limos pulled over .    .   . Everybody stood up from their seats .    .    .  all together just like it was on que . After seeing everybody stand up hyeon turned her head to her back .     .     . Instantly smiling when she saw lay’s dad then the madam herself in a light yellow dress step out of the second limo and start walking in between the tents towards the front seat.

 

    Mr lee was the first one to run across everybody and give a full bow to lays parents before starting to lead them towards their seats as everybody clapped warmingly until the couple sat down. The camera flashes going crazy at the coupe sitting in front  .    .    .on the first line inside the main tent.

     

    " everything is in schedule   .    .   ." hyeon whispered into the small walkie talkie in her hands .

 

 " .   .    . Well i better sit in front .    .    . I would not wanna miss their speech " mr jung’s secretary gave hyeon a mischievous smile and started walking across the carpet .

 

     " from block one start now .    .    ." hyeon whispered again to the walkie talkie .    .    .  Minutes later .      .       . every store in a 300 meter radius of the event site started closing down .    .    . Every restaurant, hair salon, cloth store.     .      .    . Even the market place as the numerous number of people dressed in red started clearing out and helping each store owner to clear the street up .

 

 

       The once vibrant and crowded streets turning dead quiet .    .    .     . Just like those abandoned town in horror movies.  The only people left are the young men dressed in red putting barricades at all major exists.

 

    " why are they even forcing you to go to this ,

         “   .       .     .     .it wasn't even your plan" sungi glanced at jae as he got out of the freeway and merged onto the street leading to where the speech is gonna be at.

   

     " .    .     .    What do they think we are .    .   Their puppets?" Joon answered his own question knowing jae probably won't. They had to cancel two meetings to be here , which joon is still not sure why  .     .      .

 

         " .        .          . You know  even to fake your flight tomorrow .   ,    . I actually need to go the airport and get everything  done "

 

         " .        .         . And nobody is gonna know where you are but even more nobody would even imagine you would still be here .       .        . " joon went on as jae smiled and put his phone back in his pocket . His eyes noticing the closed signs and the empty streets .       .             .before asking joon or saying anything he just looked around for about 6 blocks of the empty street as joon went on talking and making turns not even noticing how deadly quiet the streets are.

 

     " .     .    Why is it dead quiet? " jae finally asked somehow getting a weird feeling about the abandoned streets .

 

     " wa, am ' sure they went to see ur parents .       .       .  The whole city is out "joon smiled finally glancing around.

 

  " .    I dont think thats it" jae said seeing one of the 5 men walking behind them, all dressed in red whispering into a walkie talkie.

 

    " wanna bet ,

“   .   .   .do you even remember how even hyeon was excited to hear that the madam was coming

 

       " .      .     . I think we're here .    .   . " joon said looking out at the company black limos parked ahead. They stayed in the car for a couple of minutes .   .     .  Just looking around .

 

   " look, there's hyeon" Joon pointed to the girl standing behind the seats of the left side of the podium .      .       .  Her arms folded,    .   .    .    her hair tied up in a bun .     .      .  Jae scanned her down from her shoes up to the pen sticking in her hair.  .    .     .  from the white dress and coat and dolled up face she had on a couple of days ago , she has returned to her usual jeans and shirt  look .     .     .    But even looking at her back and being aware of her presence racing his heart beat.   

 

     "  .     .     .  You stay here , i'll be back .    .    .  " joon slowly got out of the car .    .    . He himself getting suspicious of the situation. He took some quick steps to cross the road and walked up to hyeon.

             

  He stood there quietly , with out letting her know of his presence, for a couple of seconds listening to the mc introduce the madam . .   .  The claps could even be heard all the way to where the cars were parked at , as even Jae looked up from his phone but rather the the people who stood up clapping nonstop ally for his stepmom .   .    . it was what he saw through the side mirror that got all his attention. .  .  A stream of people dressed in red walking their way from both direction. He just sat there staring at the window for a couple of minutes before his brain even processed what's about to happen.

      

            Passing the cars the red crowded surrounded the tent and podium , with the madam and the mc being the first ones to notice as she stopped her speech .     .      .  Startled by the number of people.  After that nobody knows what happened it all started with a chant then one of the 7 police officers hitting one of the protesters sent the whole thing off .

 

          Tomatoes, eggs , flour , paper.    .    .  Flying everywhere .total chaos .  

    But in midst the beatdown of every man in black suit or .    .    .  An officer with a bat  , mr jung sat in the middle nobody even bother to glance his way . He just sat there .    .    .  Blank faced .      .     .   Looking around his council men being attacked by vegetables as the madam and her husband are being led to the back exit towards the city council office , surrounded by the left over officers. The madams dress has turned from the faint yellow to tomato red as  eggs are scrolling down the ceos back.

 

        Fitting back as many people as he can Joon ran back to car .     .    .  Which was a bad idea as the red crowd started bettong down every brand named car parked in front except the journalists.  

 

   "   what the hell is going on?"

 

      " what happened to jae ?   .    .   ." he zoomed his eyes into the passenger seat of the car , the front window all shattered it was very clear to see jae wasn't in there.  .    .  Joon turned around 360 his eyes zooming through the smoke of flour and stuff being thrown to look  out for jae but no sign .

 

    "YOU " he screamed  seeing hyeon in a distance .    .     .   He pushed through the crowd and grabbed on hyeons arm  immediately swinging her to face his way.

 

    Her eyes about to pop out .    .      .  Hyeon stayed at joon for a couple of seconds as he took deep breaths to calm himself down from the small running he just did.

 

  " WHAT   ARE YOU DOING HERE" she screamed .

 

      " WHAT DO YOU THINK AM DOING HERE" joon screamed back glaring at hyeon.

 

  " .   .    .  WHERE THE HELL IS JAE?" joon tightened his grip .

 

    " .    .   . HIS HERE ? " her shocked face was evident enough to let joon know she probably didn't even expect jae to be here .

 

   " .    .    .  Hyeona, we can't hold longer the police are here with their vehicles  " a voice screamed out into the earplug she had on.

 

    "  .     .      . Let it go , move on to c"hyeon scared in to the small mic and into the walkie talkie.  ,   .  As her eyes started looking around to find Jae.

 

   "  luhan , now .    .    . DO IT NOW " hyeon screamed .   .    .  And it didn't take seconds for fireworks to start shooting from roof tops. Joon who was responding to jaes text just looked up startled by the loud noise .

 

  " his overe there .    .   ." hyeon caught a glimpse of jae as the crowd started running around . .    .    After the fireworks police sirens echoing from every direction.

 

    " Are you ok .    .   .  ? "Joon ran towards jae who was covered in flour and his head decorated with a bunch of tomatoes .

 

    " you guys don't have time , lets go " hyeon started leading the way as the two men followed behind.

 

     " the police are here .    .   . " her walkie talkie went on screaming as every man she has placed at every corner spotted the heavy artillery police cars flock towards the scene .

 

    " .    .    .  COME ON , " hyeon started running .

       "   NOOOO . . ." hyeon screamed  glancing back hey eyes popping out at the view.

 

     Taking quick steps and pushing jae behind her .   .   .  Both jae and joon raised the shocked eyes to the guy in red who was holding  baseball bat inches away from jae's head.

 

   " .     .     .  THEY'RE WITH ME " she added as the man put his bat back down before started to run towards the crowd beating down on one of the council members.

 

  " Lets go .     .     ." hyeon glanced up at both men standing shocked .    .     .      .   Total out of their element and for the moment sacred out of their hearts too. If she hadn't caught a glimpse of that man jae probably would be lying on the street right now .    .   .  Before dying or having total brain damage . .    .      .   

  Surprisingly for some with anxiety attack problem and having experienced a near fatal injur seconds ago jae seems to be in a calmer state that joon.

 

    " this way .    .   .  " hyeon turned right her quick steps almost turning to running.

 

    " .      .      . HYEONA, TELL EVERYBODY TO GET OUT " her walkie talkie screamed.

 

     She didn't respond just started running taking turns after turns. .    .  As the two men followed behind running.

 

   "  oh my god .    .   .  " joon's eyes froze at the scenes in front of his eyes as the  tear gas and water from the police cars started bombarding the  crowd of people blocking  it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter