Sit down.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 / I Can't belive we're at chapter 31. Thank you for all the support and enjoy./

 

 " sorry am late " hyeon pulled the chair in front of lay and sat down, after placing her bag on the table. Eventhough he was covering his eyes with his sunglasses , lay definitely looks better than the last time she saw him which was 3 days ago.

        "  i was in a meeting" she brushed her aside giving her excuses for being 10 minutes late.

    " so whats going  on?" Hyeon asked when lay failed to start the conversation.

       

      " should I ask .    .     .

             “.      .     .   should I not" her brain debating whether she should ask if he feels better now.

   " am going back to the state  .      .      .     " lay picked his cappuccino up and took a sip, his eyes that were hiding behind the black shades waiting for hyeons reactions.

     " why? .      .    . " She asked her face blank with no expression.

  

" because   I   hate it here  .     .    .  " he gave a simple answer taking another sip.

  

     " when    .     .     . "

 

" at the most by the end of this week ,.    .       .      .

           “ .     .       .  i just have to find my passport" he placed the cup down.

 

  " I thought you were in no flight list " hyeon's face started changing from blank to confused.

 

       " did he tell you to leave? .     .      . " hyeon asked not even mentioning jae name knowing he would understand who she was talking about.

 

         " he did , didn't he?  .     .     .  " hyeon added directing her  anger, which came out of no where , towards the older brother.

 

  " he doesn't know "  

" and i don't want him to know .  .   .   

".    .   .  So can you keep this between us "  he took his glasses off and threw them on the table.

    

 " he definitely looks better "  hyeon said to herself once she got a full view of his face .

 

        "  why are you telling me then ?"  Hyeon asked the question lay has been pondering about for the last 4 hours after texting hyeon   to  meet him.

 

       " i need someone to handle all the house and cars business after i leave .

“ .   .     .   . My lawyer is leaving for a conference tomorrow and he's not back till monday so "  he picked his glass up giving her one of the many reasons why his telling  her.

           

" since you know the law , i want you to help me get rid of everything as quick as possible .    .    

   " .    .   .  Also help me find my us passport "

     " .    .   . i know it's in one of my bags but i can't seem to find it" he added picking his cup up and taking a sip, smiling as he  looked up at hyeon who staring at him with folded arms.

 

      " you're running away .     .     .   " hyeon asked her face still blank not fouled by his smile, she sat back and just like her arms, she crossed her leg over .

 

        " hahahaha .    .    ."

 " .    .   .  Am not running away " he gave out a small laugh .

 

" .    .    I just hate it here " he added after glancing at hyeon’s  eyes that didn't seem to believe the words he just said . She didn't reply just stared at him with a blank face her arms crossed her right leg bobbing up and down .

 

 

   " i came here for grandma and since Shes gone .   .  " he took a deep breath , the words “she's gone” piercing through his heart like an arrow.  He pushed his hair back and continued his sentence.

      " .    .   . I don't have a reason to stay "

 

  Hyeon still not impressed , just stared at him.

 

     "  what did he say ?" She asked again, her voice turning as serious as when she integrates him the first time they met.

 

  "  who? " lay started smiling picking his cup up.

     " nobody said anything ,

 “ .    .       . i just hate it here , period" he took a sip and placed the cup back down.

 

       "    do you want me to ask him"

" am sure he would spit it out in a second " she added glaring at lay as he pushed his hair back and took a couple of deep breaths to calm him self down.

 

   

" why do you think he has something to do with this " lay asked.

 

       " because he's the only person  you would  leave everything you have for  " she said, her words making lay’s smile disappeared in seconds.

 

          Lay did not respond .     .       .    Her words, no matter how he didn't want to accept them were hurtfully true.

 

      " you're running away before you officially get the inheritance and are forced to stay here to handle your business "  she added still sitting in her interrogatory position.

 

        He couldnt reply .     .      .     He doesn't have a reply. He just started at the women telling him the deep truth that he has been trying to mask.

 

      " .   .   . I heard on the news that you have a shareholders meeting on tuesday to announce the share value .

"  .      .    .is it just a coincidence then that your leaving by this weekend " she smirked brushing her hair back.

 

    "  .    . you said it's not appealing anymore when we pretend like we care, right?   .   ." she said quoting him on the words he screamed out last friday . Lay fidgeted a little, getting uncomfortable about where their conversation is leading as she remind did him of his out burst  .

 

     " i don't buy your pretending either    .      .   .

"  if you want to leave , leave .    .     .  

  " but don't act like you're leaving to a better place while every thing you care about is here "       .      she smirked and opened her folded arms to pull her bag towards her before looking up at his disoriented face. She has done it again , she has hit the nail in the head again .

 

    " I'm starting to not like you    .      .    . " lay said a pity filled voice, hurt by the honest and direct remarks heyon made.

 

" i never expected you to like me  .   .    .  So thats not an  issue " she said nonchalantly as she swung the bag over her shoulder.

      Baam, another sghoot right to the heart as a stunned  lay smirked , hurt by her last  nonchalantly spoken words than every thing she has said so far.

 

" what?  .    .   ." she asked getting up from her seat as she glanced at lay blank face.

     

“Let's go   .      .    ." she started fixing her shirt.

   

Lay got up " where are we going " he picked capuchino up and followed heyon.

    

  " to find your passport , .    .    .  

" .   .   .  I don't like delaying things so , the earlier we find it the earlier you be gone out of this place" she gave him a smile that lasted a second and walked out of the cafe .    .   

   

           " May be I shouldn't have told here" lay put his glasses back on and quietly followed behind and stopped as hyeon came to a halt confused at which car was his.

 

 

    " it’s over there " lay passed her and started leading the way to the shaded parking lot.

 

  " you got a new one ?" Hyeon scared as lay pressed the key and the black acr screamed

   " its not mine, it's hyong’s " he threw her the key .

   " why do you have his car " as always she caught the keys mid air and walked across to the driver seat.

  

" i didn't had my car” he answered  jumping into the passenger seat.

   "  what happened to your cars .    .       Did you already got rid of them"  belts on , ignition started .

 " no, they are parked at home " lay replied placing his cup in the cup holder and pulling his belt as hyeon stepped on the gas and ease the car out of the parking lot.

 

      " wait , .     .      .    Were you at his house till today?"

Lay shook his head to agree .

 

  " ok,  then he definitely was the one that convinced you " she glanced at lay before turning her eyes back onto the road as the light turned green and she drove off. Lay didn't correct her or agree with what she said .

 

     " lets just let her think whatever she wants  .    .   .

      “ .   .  . does not make a difference any way " he picked his cup and opened the window, as always turning  his eyes on to the street.

 

  " youbuseyo " picked her phone up

"No,  am not at the office right now" she placed her hand back on the steering wheel after placing the phone on her right shoulder and holding it down by her chin. It didn't work as the phone dropped on to her lap before she even heard mr jung's reply.

 

    Lay picked her phone up put it on speaker  and placed it on the dashboard so it could be heard better.

 

 " a two day vacation wasn't .    .     .   Even on a  monday you're not here " both heyon and lay turned their face towards  one another surprised, for very different reasons,  by what the councilmember just said .

 

 " where are you ? " mr jung screamed.

 

" am at my other job," hyeon rushed her eyes back onto the road and replied in a small voice.

 

  " is he the one you went to vacation with .     .       .  Because Mrs lee was telling the office that she saw you at the train  station sunday evening” again lay turned his eyes to hyeon as she just stared at the phone, baffled to even reply.

 

 

   "  everybody was  saying that you might actually not be into men at all  but i always use to tell them you were just a prude .     .       .  

" who would have thought you would be gone for a vacation with a guy .     .      ."   mr jung added laughing.

 

  Lay who was taking a sip out of his drink spit out the cappuccino.    .     

 

  “SAGANHIM” hyeon screamed.

 

 "  its ok,  he's a very  good looking guy  .        .         .  Enjoy it while you're young"  the council member laughter could be heard very clearly.

    

    " everybody knows you deserve a break    .       .        ." mr jung added.

 

Hyeon  immdietlly pulled over and snacthed the phone off of the dash board.

 

    " .    .       . Am sure you had fun .    .    .  Mrs lee said you were giggling like a little girl when she .   .    . " hyeon turned the speaker off and jumped out if the car

 

    Lay just sat there  confused about what to feel about what he just heard. For one happy that the man hyeon treats as a dad finds him good looking which didn't last long as the fact that hyeon was a two day vacation with a man which wasn't him started .    .     .   Confusing his emotions.

 

  1,  She went on a 2 day vacation to busan      , a resort capital,

  2,  She went with  a guy who’s not him.

 

   Who the hell did she go with ? Lay threw out the napkin he cleaned the dashboard with out the window , his emotions clearing up to one , anger .

 

     "  it can't be that friend of hers " lay mind screamed remembering her joyful jump and hug that she gave the guy they meet weeks ago.

 

      " i leave her for two days and she goes to a vacation with him .     .    .   " lay pushed his hair back getting agitated by the second.He drank the whole cappuccino  left but didn't help calming him down.  He opened the door and got out.

 

    He pulled Jae’scigarette packet  that he has kept from last time , from his coat's inside pocket and threw the jacket onto the back seat.

 

       He stepped onto the pavement and took his first smoke before hyeon walked across and pulled the cigarette out from between his lips . While his shocked eyes started at hers she snatched the whole packet from his right hand .

 

  " the money needs to be reduced by half .    .   .  And the park has  to the stage " she gave him a death stare and went on with her conversation.

 

 "Wa .   .  "Lay sighed pushing his hair back as heyon stepped on the lit cigarette that she threw on the ground.

 

    " give it to me  .    .     ." lay whispered stepping close to hyeon , stretching his hand out for hyeon to place the packet on.

 

  " no"hyeon held the microphone of the phone and replied placing the packet into her jeans back pocket.

 

 "  no, the date has already been settled .   .     . All they need to do is get budget approved and send it to the office , i have already talked to them " hyeon said shaking her head as lay asked her to give him back the pocket , again.

 

       " ok, call me back after you call them " she hanged up but before she started walking back to the drivers side , lay pulled her arm ,

 

 " ya .   .   . " she screamed as she swang half way and landed her back against the passenger door

 

  " hand it back " lay placed both hands on the car locking hyeon in before she tried escaping.  

 " its a special cigarette .   .   .”  he added

" i don't care .    .     .  You're not gonna smoke in my presence " she turned and tried pushing his left arm away but failed .

      " huh   .     .       ." she sighed and turned her face towards lay.

" i'm serious give it back or i'll take it  "

      " dont make me attack you again " hyeon said moving her right leg to a position where she could be able to kick him .Knowing how dangerous her legs can be lay took a step and closed the gap between them . Holding her still by his body.

 

 "OMMO "hyeon screamed in wards as his face stopped inches away from hers .

       " hand it over "lay said for now more focused on his only possession of his  brother rather than the intimate  position they are standing in or the proximity of her lips from his .

 “OMMO” hyeon mind screamed again as Lay's warm breath hit her face

          “ just calm yourself down”

                  “ Calm yourself down  .     .     .  hyeon rpeted a couple of times to calm herself down and

             

" .     .   . Let me go " she brought her hands up and tried pushing him away   .  . But lay's body slammed her back onto the car .

      

       She stopped trying and finally looked up to find lays eyes fixated on her .       .         .  his expression slowly changing.

 

       " turn your eyes away , turn your eyes away " her brain screamed but her eyes stayed on lay’s eyes. .

    

" what is going on over here " they heard a familiar voice and both turned to the right.

   

  It was joon stepping out of the car that just pulled over  behind them .

 

  "I told you these two were a thing " sungi screamed getting his head out from his window.

 Rather than him, hyeon’s eyes directly zoomed at the man sitting in the back seat , staring back at her with his usual blank face.

 

 

  " move " hyeon taking the chance pushed lays arm away and took a couple of steps away , fixing her shirt .

 

  " did we disturb you guys .     .        .  " sungi said holding a big grin.

 

  " what do you want " lay turned his angry eyes fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter