why did I do It?

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 " you just slapped hyong " lay said multiple  times  , covering his mouth with his right hand trying so hard to hold in his laughter.

       " you slapped him .       .  "  

 " somebody had to do it .    .     .    He has a very foul mouth " hyeon replied her face still glowing with pride . For now she is not worried about the consequence s her mind is busy replying the moment her hand landed on his face and how his eyes pope out shocked that somebody actually hit him .

          " this is just great .      .        .       .  Did you see his face .    . " lay asked glaring at hyeon with a big grin on his face .

 

   

 

 " it was blood red .    .      .    

  “ .        .        .How hard did you hit him" lay stared laughing.          

 

               "Am pretty sure he's going all crazy up there "

  

 Click - the elevator doors opened . The two got out about at the same time walking side by side both smiling like little kids who have just done something bad as they walked through the lobby giggling every time they looked at eachother.

    

             " where too " hyeon asked pulling her hands out

"  he probably left by now so let's go and get something to eat " lay pulled his glasses out of his pocket and put them on .

      "Gomawo" hyeon gave a small bow to the man brought the car out into the driveway.

           " I'll drop you off and go , I have an appointment at 7 " hyeon walked across the car and jumped into what has become her regular spot. Even her hands are used to the seat belt a random string wheel they just start working the moment she seat in the driver's seat.

             " are you going to that guy again " lay complained as he pulled his belt on .

            " that guy has a name , and his a good friend of mine" she stared at lay who was busily copying the address from his phone onto the gps.

               

      " yah , hold on.      .     .  "

   

     Baam BAMM someone tapped lay's door. Both returned their head around and looke dup at the man in uniform pointing at the entrance.

        " his calling you " the man pointing at the entrance entrance said as Lay lowered his window. Both hyeons and Lay's eyes went to the man walking fast to their car. It was Joon .

         

          '" I just had to see you and personally give my gratitude for your courageous action" Joon said smiling at hyeon .

    " your welcome , after all am a public servant .    .    .    Serving the public's need is what I do "hyeon smirked as the two men started laughing. Sungi who was walking behind joon finally got to the door.

       "You're my new hero" he said pointing at hyeon.

         

  "Where are you two going " joon asked leaning forward through lay opened window.

      "Lunch .    .   . Why? "Lay asked

         " thats nice, we're going for luck too. Let's eat together .    .     .    I wanna buy her lunch as a thank you" Joon said pulling his phone out and glancing at the text.

     " you don't have to , I actually have to be somewhere in like an hour and a half " hyeon replied after glancing at the time on the car.

     " well be done before that . I have to be back at work before that " joon pushed his phone back into his pocket.

      " do you have any place you wanna eat it " he asked glancing at hyeon than at lay.

    "Can we do it some other time .   .    .  I don't wanna be late " hyeon said in apologetic voice hoping he would change his mind but he didn't .

         " your busy . . . I'M BUSY .   .   .we won't a perfect time like this   .   . "

   " I promised you probably will be early  .    .    .   " Joon got up and glanced at the car that just pulled up infront of lays.   

      " just follow the car in front .   .   .  " Joon smiled and walked to the passenger side of the car in front and jumped in.

       

" huh " hyeon sighed and turned the ignition on.

" why didn't you say anything .    .     .    I thought you hate those two "

        " I just assume you would have handled them " lay said trying hard to hold in his laughter . He wouldn't have been able to make her stay. Joon and sungi would be a better option than letting her go and eat with her so called childhood friend  

           

" I better not be late " she glared at lay

" tell them .  .  . I don't have anything to do with this" lay raised his hands .

           

      After a couple of quick turns , hyeon followed behind as the car in front of her pulled into a driveway and came to a stop.

 

          " let's get his over with" hyeon sighed pulling her seat belt off and jumping out.

       

      " I heard you have a law degree .  .   .  So am sure you can handle a lawsuit if he filed one against you " Joon said holding the entrance door for hyeon,

       " dont worry he won't sue you " he immediately  added after glancing at hyeons worried face.

       

 " where hyong? " lay who walking in last asked taking his glasses off.

     " can we get a table for four .   .  . " Joon dogged the question and smiled at the  man behind the front desk before answering lay.

 

                  

                It took them a couple of minutes to settle down and place in their orders, Joon taking the responsibility of ordering for hyeon. About half an hour later their main course replaced the appetizer plates and each dug into their main dish with a little to no conversation as all haven't ate anything but breakfast till now.

             “ So , where did you guys leave hyong?” lay asked again , putting down his fork and hoping this time he will get an answer.

                Sungi glanced up at the man sitting next to him and went on quietly eating , waiting for Joon to reply.

         “private meetings” Joon replied after a couple of seconds .

     “with who .   .  .?” lay asked again , curious as to who his brother is meeting in private that his two right hands can’t even be part of.

         “Important people .    .   .” Joon answered his eyes still looking down at his plate.

  “ so , you       .         .          .why the city council and not a law firm” Joon took another bite and asked looking up at hyeon.

        “ I interned there and fall in love with the job so  .     .   . when they offered me the position i took it.” hyeon replied    

          “you look like you would make a great lawyer      .         .          .   I think you should consider it.” lay gave hyeona quick smile.

       “ hahah” hyeon just smiled

             “or even a politicians    .        .         . with this kind of conviction and poise  .    .     .

I think you would shake up the political scene” he added

            “ after seeing that slap  .      .        .I will gladly vote for you “ sungi finally opened his mouth  

         “who wouldn’t      .        .      .even Jae might vote for you just because of your confidence” Joon placed this chopstick down and picked his glass up .

          “ That is, if you don’t propose some crazy tax rates and policies on the rich  .      .        . which am sure will be the main topic you will run your campaign  on .      .      .”he added making the whole table start laughing.

             “ she hates corporation to the bone .    .   .” lay said smiling at hyeon.

    “   I don’t hate corporations .       .       .” hyeon placed the chopstick down

          “ .     .     .I’m just not fond of them” she looke dup at Joon who was waiting for her reply with folded arms and it didn’t take him second to shoot a question.

         

 “ but you work for this spoiled kid “ Joon pointed at lay who wa taking another bite.

“  I’m doing it because I owe him one  .       .        . and he seems to be a nice person so far . less spoiled than your horrible boss I would say “ Hyeon smiled at lay who didn’t even look up but went on eating with a smile on his face.

          “ first of all .      .     .” sungi put his chopsticks down in an instant.

 “  .    .    . our boss is not horrible , he just has horrible manners” Sungi glared at hyeon as Joon shook his head on agreement to what the man sitting next to him was saying.

    “  .     .    .2’nd of all, your so called less spoiled brat spends about how much was it .    .    .” sungi turned her head to Joon.

           “ a couple of million  .    .   .” Joon said before taking  another bite.

   “ .     .    . a  couple of millions a  year and he's not even employed .  .      .      .  if you call that unspoiled and nice , I think you should reconsider your attitude towards corporations” he said looking up at lay then at hyeon.

                 “ that’s ridiculous no one can spend a couple of million a year” she replied smirking at the thought.

           “ you wanna talk to the accountants  .       .       . cus I can get you the list of thing in like a minute” Joon smirked looking at Lay’s angry eyes glaring at him.

                  Hyeon slowly turned her eyes to lay who immediately drop down his eyes to his food.

 

 

They stayed like that for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter