Breakfast.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 “    .   Good morning .  “ hyeon had startled everybody as she walked into the kitchen . All but jae present had gasped and turned to the door as the ever glowing hyeon walked in . Covered in the all white dress she had picked from the closet mrs kim made sure to fill with cloth for hyeon , hyeon was beyond beautiful and well rested as she walked in.

    “ .    .  What is with everybody .  “ hyeon had complained as she took some more steps heading to the table set . All the eyes that had stayed following her without even a sigh from any body has made her cautious . But all that were still glaring at her with their bewildered eyes were caught by surprise by the baby bump that , thanks to the dress was now visible. For these people who had lived through it all alongside jae , the sight of not just someone who loves him for the person he is but be able to give him a bundle of joy that most in this room are sure will change his life forever.

 

   “ .    .   So you were not joking “ sungi placing his phone down was the only one to comment what they were all thinking about .  Not even one surprised that sungi was the one to ask just kept their eyes on hyeon as she sat down.

 

    “ .    .  Why would i joke about being pregnant , it's not something to brag about “ hyeon replied brushing all her hair back and giving the man who asked a small smile . The little bit of resentment they felt in her voice was what startled some rather than her seriously  toned reply. Mrs kim and joon were fully aware of what might have made hyeon give it a hotter reply . Its an issue they have discussed about so much the last couple of days when hyeon was away and jae locked himself in giving them some free time in each other's company.

 

    “  .    You are carrying the child of one of the richest man in the country what is not to brag about “ extending his hand to pick the chopsticks he dropped sungi asked , now all eyes with a sharp questioning look turned his way . Most are not sure if he is even aware that hyeon and jae are not married  or what kind of person hyeon was. It is not every day you meet a girl that is willing to get pregnant before having the commitment down and adding how traditional hyeon was it has been a  heart stopping news even when he heard about it .

 

    “ .    . Don't listen to him , he was just born stupid and we can't hold that against him “the chef for one started the wave of laughter that warmed up the kitchen that was dead silent . Sungo as though he didn't even hear what was just said about him just went on eating .  . Mrs kim fire filled eyes had warned him to not add anything more .

 

   “ .    .  We are having 6 different types of eggs for breakfast “mrs kim quickly jumped in to change the subject.

 

  “ .    .  Apparently today is egg day . “ joo  whispered to hyeon sitting by his side .

 

    “ .     .    You are having a different set so don't worry ,” mrs kim pointing at hyeon added .

 

   “ .     .  So technically you are cooking all this eggs for us “ joon pointing at the feta in front of him asked

 

“ .     .   Hyeon has her own set and you know jae eis only gonna drink the milk so” with an excited voice joon added .  , the whole buffet style meal the chef had been busily cooking is now left for everybody else but the two important people to eat .

  “ .    .   what about the kids . ?” the chef , who had even personally asked eunbi and seung what they would want for breakfast and got eggs , asked . He had woken up early and prepared everything just so he could cook those two angles a great meal that will make them remember why breakfast is the most important meal of the day .

 

  “ .   .  The kids are

 

“ .    .  Wait what do you mean he only drinks milk “ hyeon before joon finished his question interrupted . She had wondered for a minute or two if what she heard was actually what she heard that jae only drinks milk when they are even putting this kind of mela in front of him.

 

 

   “ .     .   Thank god , for reminding me “ mrs kim throwing the small towel in her hands turned all her attention to hyeon. Jaes diet that has changed from bad to worse had been o n e of the main things concerning mrs kim and joon and now that they had the women who could literally  make him do anything , they knew it was best to get her to deal with him  

 

      “ .    .  Your boy has been on a crazy diet “ joon beating mrs kim commented .

 

    “ .    .  He only drinks milk at breakfast doesn't even eat lunch then takes a bite or two at dinner .  “mrs kim's irritation about jaes behaviour was evident in her voice and hands that moved along her words .

 

    “ .    .    I don't know what he eats all day other than that “ she shouted out .

 

  “ .    .   He chain smokes all day “ after debating with himself if he should say it or not joon decided that it was important for hyeon to know what might have shut jaes appetite. Rather than hyeon it was mrs kim that looked shocked by his comment .

 

    “ .    .  Oh you sold him out men “ sungi picking his plate up jumped of the chair and started walking to the sink . Noticing the very startled look on the two women's eyes even su gi who supposedly  knows no boundaries knew joon might just have crossed one by telling on jae.

 

   “ .    .   what . “mrs kim asked landing her angry hands on the table.

 

  “     .   I brought the kids . “ eun holding the door open to let the kids in halted every word every body was gonna scream out at joon.  In a second or two all faces had a smile on as they welcome the two kids that walked in and choose to sit beside the seats next to hyeon .   Eunbi had been the one helped by eun as she picked her up and packed her on the table right next to hyeon.

 

    “ .    .    Good morning “ hyeon brushing eunb's hair back asked the girl that looks way excited than ever before unlike her sister who her eyes glued to her phone she just pulled out.

 

   “ .     . Dont start now “hyeon was quick as she snatche dthe ohone out of seungs hands and threw it joons way . Eventhough she might have frowed with an annoyed look hyeon knows seung  will calm down a minute or two . Anybody who had seen how hyun's eyes had sent a  clear message to seung when she snatched the phone was reassured now that how ever jae might spoil their kid the mother was not one to be reckoned with when it comes to parenting .

 

  “ .     .  Did you had a good sleep . ?” mrs kim wanting to cheer the teenager up  all curisou as to how the angry teenager would reply tur ed their eyes to seung . Seung choosing not to answer had stayed quite still hyeon's eyes turned her way.

 

   “ .     .  Yeah , thank you “ she replied as she rested her head against hyeon's shoulders.

 

 

  “ .    She’s shy when people stare at her , “ hyeon giving seung  smile all would want to get from her replied .

 

   “ .    .    We are all family here no reason to be shy “

 

“ .    .  Just stay away from those two “ mrs kim added pointing at sungi and joon.

 

  “ .     .  Do you wanna go home . ?” hyeon had leaned down to seung's ear and whispered .  .  Knowing how much the older one is afraid of people and being in people's place , hyeon asked . After what she has been through in the last couple of weeks hyeon knows seung more than eunbi needs to be in a  comfortable place to figure things out before she sits in for the exam .

 

    “ .     .   Yes .  “ seung replied .

 

  “ .     .  We will go after breakfast . “ hyeon turning all her focus to seung replied .

 

   “ .    .  Don't tell them it was me “ seung sneaking a look at the people around her added as hyun's hand gently landed on her hair . Knowing how much these people seem to care about her seung didn't want to give them any impression that she doesn't like them.

 

  “ .      .  We are gonna leave after breakfast . “ hyeon using this opportunity announced it to the room . She knew it was better to get the two people who might support her later, when she tells jae , mrs kim and joon on her side now . Eventhough she hasn't come up with a good excuse yet she knew she could somehow get these two to agree with her using any excuse.

 

 

   “ .    . Why , “ came the voice silencing all the questions that were about to be thrown hyun's way .   .. even though her mind didn't want to accept it hyeon slowly turn her eyes to the door behind her to find jae walking  away from the door to the fridge in front .  His eyes unlike every other one that glared his way has stayed on hyeon . Even mrs kim scared for hyeon sake started praying that hyeon comes up with a great excuse .  Even she now is aware at why jae might get mad at hyeon for this  . Not even a full 12 hour did she spend here , which kist of she chose to sleep with the kids with and now she wants to leave  .    .   . Even eun, who was busy rta ging the breakfasts onto the crt to take it to the balcony ,  knew jae is gonna boil out over that.

 

   1 .    2.   3 seconds went by as jaw opening his water bottle started takinga sip waiting for whatever excuse hyun's head was quickly cooking up . He knows she is thinking .  He can't see it clearly on her face that she doesn’t have a valid reason and she is trying hard to come up with one .

   

 “ .    .   When you come up with a good one let me know “ jae was quick to give her a small smile along with his words and walk out the same way he walked in with.

 

   “ .     . Good luck .   “ joon tapping hyun's shoulder followed jae behind. All taking one good look at the speechless hyeon turned their eyes away and started doing whatever they were doing . Joon was right m ahe need luck to get out of this one and all knew that.

 

  “ .   .     I can tell you a good way you could make him say yes to anything .  “ sungi with a smile ahd been the only one that even wanted to suggest anything

 

 “ .  . You shut up “ mrs kim knowing what he was about to spat out turned to sungi and gave hima  warning .  it might only be eunbi who didn't even have a clue as to what the grownups were talking about .   .

 

  “ .    .   He is right though “ the chef giving hyeona  very mischievous smile added he didn't had to worry about mrs kim's warnings cus he was sure they won't be coming his way .

 

   “ .    There are kids in the room “ mrs kim shouted to silence the men .

 

  “ .  .  Why don't you go and help eun “ mrs kim shouted at samsung's way and the altar didn't hesitate to stand up and walk out of the kutche  to the balcony where he was directed to help eun with .

 

    “ .     .  I have to go pick the wine .  “ the chef hanging his apron started walking out .

 

  “ .   .    Do you guys wanna see the wine house . “ knowing hyeon and mrs kim might need some privacy to discuss the excuses they need to come up with the chef offered a way to take the kids and as curious as they always are the two had left hyun's side to follow him out he kitchen.

 

    “ .      He is really gonna get upset over this “once she made sure the kids were far gone mrs kim started talking .

 

  “ .   He had missed you like crazy .  He was locked in his room the whole week  not even an inch did he step outside of this house “ mrs kim added letting hyeon know what jae was up too while she was gone.

 

   “ .   . Seung is the one who want to go home ,i think she wants to be in an environment where she feels comfortable” hyeon stating the main reason why they are gonna leave  got off her chri and started walking to where mrs kim was at , behind the counter .

 

    “ .    .  I don't keven know how to even start a conversation with her you know “ hyeon picking up some of the plates mrs kim was organizing in order added .

 

  “ .    .  She doesn't want to talk about anything and she has stayed shut .   .   I don't know how to get her to talk about it “ hyeon went on as mrs kim diligently went on listening to hyeon.

 

  “ .     .  I don't know how to get to her , she is blocking me everytime i try “

 

    “ .     .  May be she needs some time “ mrs kim finishing her work started taking of her apron .

 

    “ .     .  Some people need a long time to digest these kind of things “ mrs kim leading the way out the kitche  added.

 

   “ .   .  Look at your jae , he still doesn't even wanna hear his mother's name mentioned .” mrs kim as though she had an epiphany stopped walking ..

 

  “ .   .   I got it “ glaring at hyeon with a big smile she added before she quickened her store out the lobby heading to the balcony were probably ever one was already seated at

 

  “ .  .  Leave it to me “  mrs kim led the way as the confused and nervous hyeon followed behind.

 

  The weather was beyond amazing as mrs kim opened the glass door and let hyeon walk out first .   .   The wind blowing at the right speed along with the cold breath that just brushed against her skin .   Hyeon as a bit taken aback from worrying about anything and taking in the view .

 

 

  The whole table set surrounded by the white curtains easlly flowing left and right .    It looked like a scene out of a movie or a vacation brochure as hyeon started walking to the table set and the table filled people waiting for the two . These people do live in heaven on earth , hyeon did not fail to realize what kind of luxury the so called millionaire live in ,

 

   “ .    . We didn't wait for you guys . “ joon who was busy eating commented as mrs kim and hyeon got close .

 

  “ .   . Unni here .   “ eunbi tapping the empty chair next to her got hyeon's attention and as directed hyeon took the empty seat between the kids as mrs kim too the one between the chef and eun .

 

 

   “ .   . Try this eunni . “ eunbi was quick to start hyeon with her breakfast. How polar opposite the sisters was very evident once you notice how bright and simple filled eunb's eyes that are waiting for hyeon reaction were compared to seungs taht have stayed true to the plate she was eating off.  

 

    “ .    .  Ohumm , this is good “ making the goggly eyes that were staring at her back at eu bi hyeon complimented the tiny piece of bread eunbi had forced it to .

 

  “ .    .   She can eat by herself right?” the chef who was responsible for giving eunbi all the food she wanted to eat asked to make sure if he had done something right.

 

  “ .     .    Yeah yeah she can don't worry “ hyeon taking the knife away from the little girls pakte replied,

 

  “ .    . She is a foodie don't worry “ hyeon had seen the worried look on the chef's eyes as he agences at the two kids who he had cooked for and hope they would enjoy his cooking

 

   “ .   .  She just can't cut her mea.  

 

“ .  . Taste this “ just as beyond ished her sentence the eager eu bi had again  a spoon full of food in front of hyeon's lips which the alte roen with a smile took a bit of.

 

  “ .   .  Thank you “ hyeon replied as she pulled over eunb's plate and started chopping everything down to little pieces.

 

  “ .  , why doesn't he do that  since he is not eating at all “ mrs kim finding the right excuses commented pointing at jae who had stayed quite telly glaring at his phone,

 

   “ .    .  He will help her eat , come on “ mr skim standing up in a  second and picked eunb's plate up before neither hyeon or eunbi said anything .

 

  “ .   .  Change “ she commanded sungi and as told he stood up quickly .

 

  “ .   .  It's ok , she could sit here

“ .   .  She is not disturbing me “ hyeon had went on protesting but neither mrs kim nor sungi listened as they started switching all the plates and drinks  .


 

   “ .  , eunbi come and sit next to ahjussi .  He will help you ok “ mrs kim didn't even have to ask as the little one jumped down her chair and ran to the chair by james side .   .  

 

  “ .  .  Huh .  “ jae sighed as he slid his phone onto the table and picked up his wine glass . Already mad about something else he didn't even have any nerve left to be bothered by what mrs kim was trying to do by making eunbi sit next to him.

 

   “ .    .  Help her sir “ as she sat back down on her seat mrs kim ordered jae to help sit eunbi struggling to push her chair back .

 

    “ .    .  She would have been fine here “ hyeon still comap lining pointed at the chair sungi sat down on , for the first time being seated next to the only person who is not afraid to ask her the questions  most were thinking about hyeon was not just uncomfortable with leaving eunbi to annoy jae but also because of the man that sat next to her . U like her the little one has in a  second adjusted to the new place and focused back on her meal .

 

    “ .     eunbishi make sure to make him taste everything “ as mrs kim asked all eyes turned to jae who just know figured out why the little one was sent next to him . He has her hands once or twice going to hyeon's mouth . Even hyeon just now realizing what plan mrs kim had a tiny smile that she hid behind the glass of orange juice she just picked up  she better than anyone else knows whether he liked it or not jae is going to have at least some breakfast.

 

     “ .   .  Why didn't you ask lay to have breakfast with us “ mrs kim's eyes directed at joon she asked .

 

   “ .   Because he is busy running a company “ joon sounding almost annoyed with the question replied. Fpr hyeon who hasn't for a second even thought about anything else but the kids it was a breaking news to realize that now its lay running things  and that jae has officially quit .

 

       “ .   He is running things ?” the chef who had never had that much interest with the company asked to get the conversation going .

 

  “  .  . He is just the general manager there are still other people who are in bigger position than he is who are running it “ joon  replied again he knew neither sungi nor jae would even wanna think about the company.

 

  “ .    . Your boy is actually doing more than i thought he would “ joon forcing all eyes to turn to hyeon commented on lays effort. Even jae slowly chewing the peace of strawberry eunbi made him eat glanced at the women in front of him dressed in white . Before she hide it right way he had caught that worried look she had in her eyes for  second or two as she heard lay was the one left to run the company.

 

    “ .    .i hope so too “afraid to say anything else hyeon with a  quick smile replied . She had seen jaes sharp eyes waiting for her answer.  

 

     “ .    Did he call you about the meeting “ joon whisperer cleaning to jaes ear .

 

 

  “ .    You should call and give him a pep talk “ rather than replying to joon jae spoke up turning his eyes from hyeon to the little hand coming his way with a spoonful of blueberries his sharp commnet hadnt failed to rase eyes which glared at each other before they turned to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter