10th Floor

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“10’th floor first room on the left” she repeated multiple times in her head not to forget but the moment she got off on the 10’th floor it was clear which one was the luxury suit.  It says “Luxury Suit” on the door. She knocked once before she realized there was a doorbell on the wall.she pressed it no answer. she pressed again , click , the door opened. She slowly stepped one foot in and leaned in to see. Lay gave her a sign to come in and went on with his phone conversation.

      

  “ I told you I don’t want to be part of it mom” he shouts

        

Hyeon stood by the door and started looking around unable to figure out where to sit or what to do. The room is big , I don’t think it even qualifies as a room. it’s like a house inside a hotel. “ why do they need a kitchen in a hotel room?” she said looking at the spotless kitchen on her left . Leaning in a little bit forward she curiously looked at the corridor on her right. “ how many rooms does this room  ..  . h .a..s” but rather than the number of rooms, what was hanging on the wall was what astonished and froze her thought.

      “ how many time do I have to say it  . . . .  I came back because you said grandma’ was really sick and about to die   . . .do we really have to talk about business.” Lay stared at the girl who is standing at door with her half body leaning to the right .

      “ I don’t care how much share she has  . . .am’ not here for inheritance”.

      she is wearing the pants and shoes from yesterday but a different shirt and there is, like yesterday, a pencil in her hair. But unlike yesterday it seems to be holding in her hair rather than just laying on her ear.

   “ am’ not going to be nice to her just so she could choose me . . .she is my grandmother.” he shouted

    “ we are family!”

“ I can’t do this right now  . . ..  .i’ll call you later” he threw the phone on the couch and walked to the girl who’s attention is solely grabbed by something on the other side of the room. what could be that astonishing that she has been starring at it this whole time.

    “ you like paintings”  he said as he leaned in close to her ear to get a good view as to what she was looking at  

  “  Isn’t it BEAUTIFUL” she slowly turned to the right to find his face inches away.

“ Ommo” . . .she jumped up and walked backwards raising her hands towards her chest .

   “ you scared me  . .I thought you were sitting there” she pointed to the couch , patting her chest with her hands to calm herself down.

     “sorry  . . .

do you want something to drink” he walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge which for hyeon’s surprise was packed with food.

“ Just water , thank you”

       Lay threw a bottle at her direction and started pouring himself something, probably an alcohol, on the cubes of ice laying inside the glass. He left the bottle at table and walked to the couch and sat down.

      

          After taking a couple of sips from the bottle hyeon looked around the room and decide to stand at her original place, next to the door, leaning on the kitchen table.  

        Sipping from his glass lay stares at the women who decided to still stand at the door after looking around the room. It was noticeable that she felt uncomfortable and doesn’t know where to sit

     “ you know I don't bite  . . .” Lay smirked at the awkward girl in front of his door.

      

 “ Unless you're into that kind of stuff”

               If her eyes could shoot lasers she would have definitely have shoot them at him but rather than being scared her glares seem to amaze him.

        “ come sit”

             he took a sip and pointed to the sofa in front of him. As though she was waiting for his invitation she walked in . Took her bag off and put it on the table in between them along with the water bottle and sat down. After moving around in little motions to find the perfect way to sit she looked up to find the man sitting in front of her with crossed arms looking at her earnestly with a smile on his face.

    “ what’s your idea ?” to match him,  she crossed her arms and legs and stared back at him with a straight face.

           The women sitting in front of him looks anything but obedient. If you can’t read her body language that screams don’t mess with me , her sharp eyes will convince you so. Instantly an image of the beat down he got from her two days ago appeared in his thought, it still makes him smile. All the cursing that came out of and the punches that have left m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter