Morning.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold air attacking her wasn’t registered, neither was the pain her feat was sending as it was forced to step on the tiny rocks that were starting to pierce through. Her lungs that were asking for more oxygen weren't answered as her tear-filled eyes focused on the blurry view of the empty road ahead. Her dress dancing left to right matched her body that was swinging left and right as it try to fight the wind she was running against. The empty road ahead which didn’t seem like it had an end was getting smaller and suffocating. The blood spots she was leaving behind as her feet that were asking for mercy from the tiny stones cutting thought were left unanswered. The cut

 

“Huhhh”

 

“Huhhh” her deep breaths were no use to her tired lungs that were giving in along with her whole body that was getting close to shutting down.

“Huhhh” biting her lips she pushed one last time, forcing her tired legs to continue but they were halted as the car that came out of nowhere curved in front of her and stopped.

 

Her feet that has been asking for a break finally gave in as she landed on the road. Her body that was shaking wasn’t even able to process the cold air attacking it as it focused all its energy on making sure her lungs and heart stop working. Her blurry vision was focused on the tall figure that stepped out of the driver's side and started walking her way.

 

All the energy drained out of her body, she didn’t even have words to protest the body that was walking her way let alone to stand up and walk away from it. She didn’t need to see his face to knwo who it was. His presence was felt as he started getting closer to her worn out small body sitting at the corner of the road. Her hair swinging left had opened her view but she didn’t even want to look his way. Her defeated soul was done or so she had thought.

 

It was with one swing that Jae lending down picked her body up. His left arm resting underneath her knees, his right holding her back, he had lifted her up as tho she was a weightless doll. Her shaking cold body was swiftly lifted up and rested against his chest shielding her from the wind that was gushing from his back. Her body she wasn’t in control of was forced to lean against his warm chest that she was held tightly against. Her frantic hands that have crossed a level of anxiety she has never reached were busily scratching the ice-cold skin across her palm. All her senses that were shut down haven’t even registered the bleeding feet, it would take hours to process the pain signals to her own skin her fingers were attacking.

 

Click - as jae leaned down and pressed his hand against the button on the passenger seat the door opened wide. Slowly brirnging her body down he placed her on the black leather seat. Her untamed hair, that was all over the place had covered all her face and neck. Her ghostly whistle skin , her shaking body, her dust and blood-covered feet . . none of it was paid any attention as jae busily took his hoodie off. Her brain that had shut down didn’t send any type of protest as pulling her forward Jae pulled his hoodie down her head. Her fingers scratching her hand were forced to halt for a second as he pushed her arm through the hoodie. As tho it was involuntary, her hands returned back to each other as her finger started their attack. Jae movivng to the back seat opened the door and pulled out his jacket which in seconds would be placed on her legs. The blood across her feet wasn’t registed, as he had only one through in his mind. Placing the seat belt across her body he slowly closed the door and headed to the driver seat.

 

Right hand adjustsing the heat ,left hand buckling his seatbela. It didnt take seconds before the car was on its way.

 

The empty road ahead was a great escape as Jae pressed on the gas pedal. His eye solely focused on the road ahead didn’t even want to glance at the zombie-like figure sitting next to him. Her hair stuck in the hoodie, her face he couldn't quite make out behind the hair, there was no use even if he tried looking at her.

 

Buzz Buzz Buzz - the line of messages he received were not just from Joon. Seung had also sent her own texts and calls. Picking his phone up he replied. She's okay to only Seung before his phone was thrown to the cup holder separating the two seats.

 

His demons that were creeping in had been sending warning signs starting from the moment he got a hold of her shaking body. Not known for having full control over them jae knew he either had to shut everything that was about to erupt in him down or let his demons take over. His hands tightened their grip on the steering wheel turned right and joined the main road heading to the city.

 

The Gps that wasn’t , the car was just being directed to drive straight as jae can’t even think. He tried hard not to but was forced to turn his eyes towards her feet that moved towards the warm air that was coming from the bottom heater. The blood marks, the cuts, the tiny rocks , the dust mixed in with her blood that was all her feet ... the warning his mind has been sending was in full effect as his body was taken over by his anxiety that was always close to his skin. It was as tho he was covered by tiny ants from head to toe as every inch of his skin started pinching. His lung preparation ahead started forcing deep breaths. As the first knife pierces through his already worn-out heart Jae knew he only had minutes before he losses control.

 

As tho, he would do anything to be here with her in his most authentic form and be himself there was no way he could. He had to shut every emotion and feeling down and become the cold-hearted man he was known for. He needs to shut everything down. He needs to silence everything down immediately.

 

His frantic right hand was quick as it went into his pressed the button under the Gps. the small storge opened up exposing the neatly laid out pills. His shaking right hand grabbed two of the blue ones and one red slammed it shut. His cold pills were sent down his throat.

 

His eyes focus on the road made two left turns as they joined the freeway leading to the city. He needs less than 10 minutes before everything goes black. Until then he had to make sure not to even look at the person next to him to think about what happened. He needs to stay calm until his heart aching to hold her, comfort her, to scream and cry it all out with her was silenced. Every aspect of his whole being that was crying and begging to touch her, to carry her and disappear away into the abyss would be killed off in minutes. It takes minutes to turn himself into a robot he was known for.

 

His eyes glancing at the time kept waiting for it. The beautiful and warm day had turned into a windy and cloudy night as it was all turning grey as jae lifted his eyes to the clouds above. 6 minutes he recognized as he returned his eyes to the time on the screen. The car he was driving straight was headed for nowhere as that was the least of Jae's worries. The millions of needle-like pinches that were attacking his body slowly started fading away as he glanced back at the time and noticed it has been 8 minutes. It needed another minute for his breathing to be regulated as his heart was sent back to its cage where it would be placed for the next 12 hours. His fingers found their ease as they loosen their grip on the steering wheel. His body which was the first to be regulated was calming down as the time hit 9 minutes.

 

His eyes which he had fought to take control over coudln’t help but land on her fingers that were scratching her merciless skin leaving scratch marks. It was an unconscious decision as Jae sent his right hand and slowly broke her hands apart, placing his hand in-between. Before the clock hit ten minutes and everything was silenced he wanted a memory of what it was like to touch her soft hands. He wanted his caged heart to feel something that he could remember this day by. Her finger that didn’t even recognize the difference started scratching at his palm. May be it's true what they say. The veins in your right hand are directly connected to your heart because every scratch her nails trailed across his skin was felt as tho she was scratching the inside of his bleeding heart. Every nail that dug into his skin was torturing his whole being. The shivering pain was fighting against the medication that had reached its full capacity and completing its only goal, silencing everything down. Maybe he was lucky and blessed to feel something, he considered it luck that he was able to recognize the emotion that passed through him as her fingers slowly calmed down and paused their attack on his hand. His eyes were sent from the road to her lap as jae immediately, as he couldn’t even process the thought of her fingers that halted their attack against his hand and gently held his hand. That would have done it but her shaking thumb that gently brushes up and down before her right hand tightens its grip on his hand; that simple gesture that could have erupted everything in him couldn't be fully processed as his whole system was shut down.

 

Her small and cold fingers gently wrapped themselves on top of his , her right hand underneath his shifted to fit perfectly in his grip. Every signal his right hand was sending to his heart was blocked as his medication was in full control now. If he had any emotions left, it would kill him to not even be able to feel her touch, to not be able to feel her holding onto him. .he would give everything and anything to feel it through and through but no. He had chosen his sanity and to silence his demons.

 

In seconds even the tug at his heart as he realized what he has decided to do would disappear. He won't feel anything. And as tho, she knew exactly when it happened her hands tightened their grip on his hand.

 

His eyes focused on the road jae couldn't even find a single tear that would go down to ease the pain he should be feeling right now. His eyes glued to the road were zoning out as they made out the city limit sign.

 

His cave was the house that was the closest. His eyes making out the next left turn signaled left. He needs to get her cleaned up and stop the bleeding he recalled, the rocks still pierced through her feet. His eyes from her feet scanned her legs up to land at the body that hasn’t moved at all but her shaking had stopped, he recognized. Her stillness scares him a bit he tried pulling his arm away and was quickly pulled back. She was awake.whatever that meant.

 

As they had a 15-minute ride ahead, every now and then he tried pulling his hand away to see if she was still conscious. The tight grip that would pull him back would have been one of the most heartwarming thing to happen to him in a while if he was able to feel it. Five minutes away from the house he tried to pull his hand away and this time there was no tug. His hand was able to slide out of her hands that fell apart and landed on her lap. His right hand had immediately grabbed her wrist to feel for a heartbeat and found one. She was alive but not awake. Her face was completely hidden by her hair that was tugged into the hoodie jae couldn't see any part of her face. His righthand slowly coving upturned her face his way and landed her head against the headrest. Pressing the down button he pulled the seatback to make it more comfortable.

 

Her body the quietly laid down was completely out as she didnt even react when she was pickled up and he carried her body to the guest bathroom. The sharp rocks that were pulled out of her skin, the antibiotic treatment that was placed at every cut before her feet was bandaged, the warm towel that landed against her face, wiping everything away, her hair that was brushed back, the soft bed sheet and warm blanket she was placed in between . . . heyon was completely gone and not woken by any of it. As he placed the blanket back up, her body had adjusted it self to find the perfect side. His hoodie she still had on was pulled closer ad she she took a deep breath of it. Jae sitting at the edge of the bed brushing her hair away from her face had caught it all. The small smile thet forced it way onto his lips was an inluvterry reaction to the way Hyeon had held his hoodie. The memory that is being saved is going to hurt tomorrow. Its all going to come like a flood and ruin his day tomorrow and if he's lucky only tomorrow.

 

Leaving the bed, jae left the room after turning the lights off.

 

The whisky bottle that kept him company was the only thing he had as his drunk body laid on the covered-up couch. The night he spent trying hard not to think about the body laying two doors down was spent trying to process what happened. His phone that buzzed once or twice was quickly silenced after he told Seung they were both fine. His shoes that were kicked off his feet were thrown to the corner of the table which his phone which is at 5 % sat on. Hours and hours later, His intoxicated body wasn’t aware of the sun that was starting to rise from the east. The empty house with neatly wrapped up furniture has quietly started welcoming the warm sun rays that started warming the cold house.

 

Unlike the almost dead body laid on the couch, the tiny body wrapped with the nice blankets was being awakened by the warm sunlight and sounds of birds that started coming into the bedroom. Her body which feels like it is recovering from a serious beat down, couldn’t even shift to the cold side of the bed as it wanted to. Every muscle in her body felt like it has received 30 punches and needed days to recover as it laid down sinking even deeper into the soft bed. The smell of the bed, the soft feel of the sheet, the fluffiness of the pillow ...all should have given her a hint that this was not her place but Hyeon's mind that wasn’t fully awake didn’t care to assess where her body was laying as it just went on placing her back in her dreamland.

 

6 a.m 7 a.m, 8 a.m., 9 a.m., . . the morning went on as the two bodies laying down , their minds fighting hard not to wake up and realize what happened last night. Jae’s body, which wasn't comfortably laid on the couch still wrapped by the grey fabric had fought not to wake up to any of the small sounds he had started hearing since half an hour ago but the loud crash he heard was a wake-up call as his eyes shot wide open.

 

His feet landed against the smooth wooden floor were quick to adjust his posture as Jae’s mind quickly was trying to wake. His quick feet were heading to the sound he heard. His head that started warning the hangover he got from the whisky he was chugging down last night without any food was felt as he held the wall to give his body some minute to organize his coordination.

 

“Huh” he took a deep breath and brushed all his hair behind as he noticed how the sound came from his office.

 

Push - his right hand had slid his office door even more open as he took his first step into the room. Hyeon frantically placing the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter