I missed you.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "  .     .      .   Good morning .   .  .  " hyeon gave a small bow to the men walking past her as she headed straight towards the elevator.  One of the demands of the job that is not listed in the job description is being at the office before the crack of dawn and getting everything ready for the day . With the crazy traffic that starts around 6 till 8 it's definitely better for hyeon to get out early and avoid the traffic. Even Though it took some getting use too , nowadays she doesn't even have to put the alarm her eyes open wide awake way before the clock on the table next to the couch screams . A quick shower , breakfast for 3 and she's out within half an hour .    .    .    Still scared of the black street , she hold her bag closer to her chest with tyeb paper spry already in her hands . .    .   Ears closely listening to any kind of noise eyes focused on the dark road .    .   .   But that doesn't take long as she reaches the main road with  few people walking here and there .

 

    

    She puts the paper spray back in her bag and pull out her earphones .   .   . Turn the radio on, place earphones on .   .  Then wait for the first bus of the day along with the old lady with the red scarf who's always here before hyeon nor the middle aged man in suit who looks nervous as he walks back and forth inhaling the smoke from his cigaret .

 

       More than the bus ride it's the train ride to the hyeon enjoys .   .   .  As she sits by the window .     .   .  Looking out as the city wakes up  while morning news screaming at her ear .      .       .  This has become her own peaceful time. From her crazy work schedule and workload to the girl , who probably are still asleep right now .   .    .  This is the only time of the day hyeon has the space to wonder about where her life is headed  .   .    .   But  unlike those serious thought recently alk her alone time seems to be for the most part  wasted on thinking about jae .

 

   With every bit of the little  control  she has left  over emotions she has tried not to think about jae or the little deed she they had in his bathroom .  After rushing out of the house and within seconds driving out of the mansion on the company car seunggi fixed .   .    . It didn't take hyeon more than an hour to get to her house .

 

   Immediately jumping in the tiny shower , hyeon spent almost 2 hours locked in , the cold water attacking her body .  .  As her startled mind broke down every word jae said in an attempt to find any fault  .     .   .    No .     .   No fault or no deep meaning did hyeon find as jaes words echoed in her ears .    .  

 

But how can he .       .        .    Why would he .      .      .   Even though her heart is convinced of the fact her mind is trying to come up with an excuse why jae shouldn't and couldn't like her .

 

   Why would he .     .      .   

 

    Saturday went by like that as she cooked breakfast for the kids .   .    .   Did the laundry .    .    .  Too the kids to the park .    .    .    Then to the market .    .    .  The movie night , till 1 .  .  All along her brain was somewhere else .  From the smallest detail to the big issue analyzing what jae liking her means .    .      .     

            

  His job- her job

           His Money   -  her money

         His personality - her personality

        His family -   her family  .      .      .

                   LAY .

 

      Sunday wasn't any better either .       .       . As hyeon scared to admit her own feeling even to herself went on busying her mind with all the factors that are surrounding them .  When monday came by she was prepared to face him and for once have a serious conversation .      .    .  But there was no sign of jae.  Convinced,  since he took over two major projects,   he will come by to his office hyeon went to the 11 floor a couple of times to find the office still dark .   .  And vacant .

 

       Tuesday -  wednesday  - hyeon kept sneaking out of her office and dropping by the executive director's office to find the same vacant space .     .      .  On wednesday morning she meet the cleaning lady though , as she was vacuuming the carpet .

 

    As the days go by her frustration changing course as to why jae is hiding now and how come he doesn't even try to contact her .       .   Not even once in the last 4 days has she got a visit or a call or even an email .     .   .  Foregate personal reasons he didn't even email her to ask her opinion about the land , which he took over supposedly  because of her .   

 

      How can he just disappear after confessing like that     .      .   " probably he doesn't like you any more " the voice in hyeon's head started convincing as she sat behind lay .    .   .   The rest of the room focusing on the agenda for the meeting that's gonna go on for hours.

 

    "  .    .  .  After you slammed him against the wall and kiss him like that, he probably thinks you're desperate " the voice added as hyeon started biting her lips not even paying attention to what jessica is whispering into her ears .

 

" .    .    .   Or the fact that you sprinted out of the shower and the house , .     .       . Hahah " the voice went on .

 

 " .    .      .    He's a busy person with two million dollar worth deals on his hands why would he be bother to call you or even text you .      .     .  "

 

  "    .     .      .  Why are you even mad that he didn't contact you "

 

" .    .    .  Don't you have to confess  that you like him first before you start demanding attention "  

 

" .    .   .  Hahah " hyeon smiled shaking her head to stop the voice in her head .   .   .  Her little laughter getting both jessica's and lays attention as he turned around and glanced at hyeon to make sure she ok.

 

  "     .  .  Huh " hyeon cleared and fixed her hair .  .   . Trying to act calm .

 

   "    .    .       Are you ok " jessica whispered leaning towards hyeon.

 

  " .     .     .  You have been acting a little weird these couple of days " she added staring at hyeon , who picked her phone up and started texting .

 

   " .    .    .  Am fine " hyeon whispered back eyes glued to her phone as she started looking through for any left text, messages or missed calls ..    .  None, she placed the phone back on the pile of paper on the table.

 

      10  -    15   -    20 minutes went by as hyeon focused her attention on the boring budget meeting .

 

   

   " .   .   .  What do you want me to do with this " jessica asked pointing to the signed budget , as they walked out of the meeting room .

 

 " .    .      .    Take it to management down stares" hyeon brushed her back and fastened her walk to get to lay .

 

  " .     .       .  You have a charity event at 7 tonight , that's it for today" hyeon said looking through lays schedule she fixes at the beginning of the day.

 

   " .    .   .  Let's get lunch " lay took his jacket off .

" .    .   .  It's 4:15 " hyeon opened the door to their office glancing at the wall clock in front .

 

  "    so " lay took out his tie and along with the jacket them onto the big couch .

 

   "  .    .     . I know we both didn't have anything to eat since the brunch in the morning so let's go " he picked the key from his desk and walked past hyeon out of his office towards the elevator .    .    .   Hyeon followed behind knowing it might be a good excuse for her to get out of this building before she called in for some emergency meeting or she's asked by management  to look through a bunch of files .  

 

    " .    .     .  So , whats going on with you ?"lay asked pressing the down button once the elevator door closed after hyeon got on .  

 

     " .     .   .  Me " hyeon asked startled by his serious question and looking up to find his curious eyes staring at her .

 "  .    .    .  Nothing " she replied for a second regretting how non convincing her voice sounded when she replied .

 

     "  .    .     .   If it's work , you can take a day off " lay folded his arms and went on staring .   .   

 

  " .   .   .  It's not work .    .     .   Am fine " hyeon replied giving lay a small smile which didn't help ease the serious eyes staring at her .   Lay doesn't need hyeon confession to know how unfocused she has been this week   .      .      .   Giving her space so she could figure it out hasnt worked out as she hasn't changed and lay couldn't help but worry even more. Forcing hyeon to confess has never worked for him so it's better to just wait till she , herself come and opens up to him .

 

          " .     .      .  Do you really look that bad " hyeon turned her face towards the elevator wall eyes focused on her face to find out why everybody is asking if she's fine .  .   .  Bit for someone who has been on a tight schedule for the last couple of days her face looks way better , no dark bags under her eye .   .   Eyes still clear .   .   . Skin as clear as ever .

 

    " .    .      .   Did hyong ask you for any ideas on the land " lay asked placing his hands in his pocket looking at hyeon , who busy scanning her own face.

 

    " .    .   .   No" she replied bringing her hand down and turning her face towards the door that just opened . She sprinted out followed by lay .

 

     " .        .       .   he probably has left for the U.S. " hyeon replied seconds later .   .   .  That excuse being the only logical one she could come up with as to why jae would not even try to contact her . She threw her bag towards her back , angrily and fastened her walk out the lobby onto the driveway.

 

    " .      .   I  saw min ah at the convention yesterday , she said they  are leaving together in a couple of days " lay gave small bows to the people bowing his way  .   .   Not noticing how hyeon stopped her walking for a second when he said min Ah .    .  

 

   " .    .   .  Huh " she sighed and started her walk .

 

" .    .    .  apparently they were in jeju together , she said she  came back early for the convention and the charity thing to night " lay took quick steps and walked across the car to the drivers side .

 

  " .    .      .  I'll drive " he gave hyeon a quick smile and jumped in . Hyeon didn't protest , her mind is preoccupied right now .    .     . She slowly got in the car slamming the door closed which startled lay , forcing him to glare at hyeon who went on fixing her belt .

 

      " .       .        .  So he was in jeju , hu" she frowned folding her arms .  .  Eyes glaring right ahead as lay slowly drive the car out the driveway and onto the main road .

        

     " .     .    .  Do you like sushi " lay asked landing his eyes on hyeon for a second   .   .   . Trying to figure out where to go for their late late lunch .

 

   ".     .     .   What the hell is he doing in jeju" hyeon screamed , not even aware that she said it outloud , she just brushed her hair back and turned her eyes to lay , who with baffled eyes was staring at her .

 

   " .    .     .  Why are

 

 " .     .    .  Are you upset about hyong being in jeju" lay asked a little smile accompanying his question as heyons eyes popped open when she figured out that she used her outside voice to mouth her last angry remark. Just like a thief that got caught red handed she just stared at lay for a couple of seconds as her brain frantically started working on a reason as to why she would be mad at jae

 

  "     .     .    .  i just

       “     .       .am worried about the land " she screamed out immediately sighing .

 

" .     .   I don't even know what's going on with it .    .    .  " she turned her eyes to the road as lay merged into the free way .

 

  " .    .     . It might be cool if he would let me  at least know what's his planning on doing "

 

" .    .      .   He'll probably let you pitch in some ideas when he start going over it " lay smile .    .   .  At hyeon , whose concern always seems to be that land and the people that live in it.

 

   " .   .     .   Am sure his down with his quality time so hell probably finish the two deals before he leaves " lay followed the gps command and merged onto the left lane .

 

  " .     .      .  What do you mean quality time ?" Hyeon asked glaring at lay , who gave her a small smile before he replied.

 

"     .      .       . Well with Min Ah there  .      .     .and it’s jeju

 

“     .       . am’ sure there was a lot going on than business” lay went on smiling as hyeon headaches started again  .     .     Min Ah again . why does that name seem to get her more annoyed and more anxious the more she hears it.    .    . even the mere thought of what lay meant by them having a quality time causing her more dilema then the thought that may be Jae truly likes her.  Since she was needing one more excuse not to accept jae’ confession a true fact  . . . hearing that he went to jeju and stayed there for 4 days with his so called girlfriend is a golden reason why hyeon would again push aside jae's feelings and try to berry hers that are boiling even hotter with the mention of Min Ah.

             

                     It might be better for hyeon to accept the fact that the pent up emotion in he is anger cause from jealousy and not  being able to see or talk to jae rather than the fake reason she has caused about him not contacting her about the land and going on vacation. But admitting that will be the hardest thing to do for hyeon  .     .     . having never even said I like you to anyone nor confessed to anyone about her emotions that are always hidden a dcaged in her heart  .     .      .it's not easy to come to terms with the fact that the single most richest bachelor in the country which on more than one occasion she has referred to as a jerk is living her not just a head but also a major heartache.

 

    “   .      .   . i think it’s that one “ lay pointe doubt to the dark building on hyeon's side as he stepped on the brake slowing the car down  .     .   .his voice waking hyeon up from her imagination she turned her eyes towards the direction lay pointed.

 

 

“     .      .      . I thought you hated Japanese food?” hyeon asked turning her eyes back to lay as she took her seat belt of and picked her bag up from the dashboard.    

   “     .      .        .  I heard the food is great here” lay was the first one to step out handing the car key to the value standing by the small desk in front of the parking entrance.

    It didn’t take more than a minute as they walked past the line of people and into the back for one of the exclusive private rooms.

 

   “    .     .      . Do i really have to attend the charity thing tonight .  .” lay complained the moment hyeon sat down.

     “    .     .    . yes this is one of the causes you donated half a million too  . .” she gave him a direct glare.

“    .     .     .  you need to be there , take some picture shake some hands  and chat with some people then if you want you can sneak out.    . . “ she added giving the waiter a quick smile as he  placed the small towel that was dipped in hot water and wrapped in a flower shape,  in front of her .   After being in quite a few of these type of fancy restaurants hyeon has come accustomed to the hot towel served first  .     .   . even though she was bewildered by it at first.

 

  “     .     .    . now I know why nobody wants to be the face of the company.    .   .” Lay picked one of the tiny towels up before hyeon.

   “    .      .  . Do you know how many hands I have shaken since i took this job .      . .

“     .      .  forget the shakes it hurts to laugh and smile any more since i have to fake for so many unfunny jokes “  he threw the towel back on the plate as hyeon started smiling.

 

    “    .       .   It must be really hard  .    .     .” hyeon commented her hands gently brushing against the hot towel.

    “     .    .   .is that suppose to be sarcasm  .     .  .” lay asked , hyeon replied with a small smile.

 

“   .       .     . i tend to forget that you're a social activist with a crazy workaholic mindset  .   .”

 

“     .      .    . am not a workaholic  .     .   .” hyeon defended herself immediately

“     .     .      . it’s just i'm always busy    “

 

  “     .     .   .ma’ sure you won't even be able to just sit and enjoy the day if you don't have work” lay smiled knowing how much hyeon uses work as an excuse to escape thinking about how crazy messed up her life is.  

 “    .      .    . well , work is a form of an escape for me  . . “

“     .   .thats sad  .      .   .that’s very sad” Lay folded his arms and smile dat hyeon's blank face.

 

     “        .      .  there are a lot of things my mind could probably think about but since don't wanna lose my sanity i focus on the one thing i can control , work “ hyeon folded her arms and glared back the same way lay just did.

    

  “    .     .    .like what ?’

“     .     .   .what do you mean like what .   . . “ hyeon asked for a second regretting what she said.

 

“     .    .   . well you always look worried and stressed about things and frankly  i just can’t seem to figure out why?’ he opened his folded arms picking his water glass up and taking a couple of sips as hyeon brushed her hair back and front  .    .  .  

 

“    .      .      . well  life is a little bit complicated for some people .” she smiled hoping that would be the end of it.

 

 1    -    2       -   3  seconds went by as Lay with a very direct questioning look in his eyes stared at hyeon  .    .    .  

 

“     .      .     .  you don’t like opening up do you?” Lay asked , after all time he has know hyeon realizing that other than her job he has little to no information about how she is , her family  .   .her life outside of this company.

 

   It took hyeona couple of minutes as the waiter started placing their food to recognize that just like lay said  . .she knows a great deal about her life while he has no clue as to who she even is apart from what she does and her name .

 

“     .      .     . I have two kids that i take care of , you have meet the olde roen before.   .” hyeon picked her chopsticks up and started off with one dilmen she has been facing for the last couple of months.

 

“     .     .    . thier mother is very sick and  .     .    .” hyeon took a second to breath in and claim her self.

   “     .     .     . no matter how much I tried convincing her that seeing her in any state is fun for the kids  .    .  . she doesn't want them to her this sick  . . . so now  i have to come up with excuse after excuse every time they ask to see their mom” she went on swirling her soup like she has been doing all along .    .     .

 

      hyeon went on for almost an hour  . .since the first day she meant seung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter