Dinner with lay.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

---------------   -------------------

    

    “ .    .     .  You better be on your nice behavior “ mrs kim whispered while her right hand grabbing a big chunk of jaes arm and gave it a squeeze. Already upset about what she saw earlier at least what she can ask of now is a good dinner.Eun and hyeon being the only one left from the table even the chef has sat down along with all the boys .   .   .  Mr kim being in charge of dinner he has taken a break, and for once, sat down as she arranged everything perfectly  . Sungi and joon sitting side by side were sneaking a pieces of the food in front of them whenever they thought mrs kim wasn't looking but her eyes more than once has seen their hands right when it reached their lips. 

 

      “ .   .   .   Table manners please “ she shouted at the two but her sharp eyes turned to jae pouring himself the wine he has asked for . 

 

   “ .   .   .  What did i do?” he protested putting the glass down .

 

“ .  .  .  Tell them to have manners , they are gonna finish the dinner before it's served “ she protested taking  away the two bowls that were in front of sungi and joon they were munching on. 

 

   “ .   .   .  It’s here to be eaten right ?” joon being the one bold enough to reply to mrs kim defended his action while giving her a big big smile. 

 

   “ .  .  Why don't you fix the fire rather than annoying me “ she ordered and joon stood up following sungi who went to the fire place a couple of feet away from the table. The whole room surrounded by the glass wall;  it was clear to see the dark night and the rain drops that are still attacking the city but the heater and fire side have adjusted the house temperature enough that most are wearing a thin t shirt. 

 

 

    If it was a regular night they would have started etaing by now .  .  Eun as always was the last one to sit down but knowing how much she doesn't even eat nobody waited for her when starting  actually it was only jae that they waited for if he was there then there was waiting for nobody . But for today there are guests that need to be seated before dinner starts . 

If it wasn't for those two dinner wouldn't even be here nor would it be a group thing . Everybody would have been eating on their own on their own time. 

 

    “ .    .   . He doesn't look good by the way , prepare yourselves “ joon sitting down reminding everyone to be ready for lay who hyeon went on to call for dinner . 

 

   “ .  .   .  You have rearranged his face inside out , hahah” joon added holding back his laughter as he caught mrs kim's death stare that focused on him for  second then turned to jae . Brushing his hair back jae just sighed . The look he has been getting from mrs kim and the fact that she didn't even wanna talk to him or say anything about what happened is now starting to annoy him. 

 

    “ .   .    .  Did he really beat him to pulb?” the chef who wasn't present for the chaotic scene asked . But looking at mrs kim's eyes that say change the topic NOW .  nobody answered. 

    “ .   .   .  Ohhhh” sungi being the first one that saw lay and hyeon came down from the hallway into the room sighed . Following his all eyes except jae turned around to see what sungi was gasping about . 

 

   “ .  .   My God “ even though told not to say anything the chef couldn't help it in and shouted as he saw lay.  He immediately covered his mouth to hide his laughter as mrs kim's eyes turned to him when she heard his laughter .   .  .  But when she got a good glimpse of lay her deadly furious eyes were turned to jae a seat away from her .    .   .  He didnt even for a second look up . Just gulped down the wine he poured seconds ago. The guilty look on his face was apparent this time around . 

 

    “ .   .    .  Sorry for holding everybody back!” hyeon giving everyone a small smile took quick steps pulling the seat left right in front of jae leaving the seat next to him for lay . All getting what she just did sent their eyes to the empty seat which lay just stood and glared at for a second before he startled walking to it . Jae knowing why hyeon is doing this just glanced up catching her smiling eyes glaring back at him with a small smile on her breathtaking face. A good bath and some message from eun has turned hyeon who was drenched in the wet cloth to a glowing beauty covered in jaes shirt mrs kim forced her put on . 

 

 

         The candle right  of her also adding to the beautiful chandelier light that is hanging right above her .   .   There was no doubt in anyone's head what a true beauty hyeon is just being her natural self. 

 

    “ .   .   .  My god , your glowing “ sungi being the one unable to take it complimented hyeon. Startled by his bold comment all turned their eyes to sungi.

 

   “ .  What , are we not allowed to compliment her anymore “ he protested glancing at his boss who was busy reaching for the wine bottle which he's gonna keep next to him for the whole night. 

 

   “ .   .   .  Am just saying she looks beautiful” sungi added defending his earlier comment . Hyeon who started smiling .  Her cheeks turning a bit pink thanked sungi for the compliment as her eye sneaked a look at jae , who was busy chugging the expensive wine down to his empty stomach.

 

  “ .  .    . May be being in love brings her beauty out , that's all “ john opened his lips making everybody smile . His butchered lips not allowing him  it was only lay and his brother that didn't smile along to joons comment. 

 

   “ .   .    .  She was already a beauty even before he came along” mrs kim defending hyeon jumped into the talk. 

 

   “ .   .   .  Well , i don't think jae liked her for the looks but sure “ sungi said and within second wished may be he hadn't as the smiles he hoped for did not appear and all questioning eyes turned to him . 

 

   “ .   .    .  What are you trying to say ?” mrs kim , hyun's main defender asked. And the two men sitting by his side, the chef and joon turned their eyes to their empty plates leaving sungi to fight on his own . They all knew he better answer carefully. 

 

   “ .   .   .   Are you saying jae doesn't like what she looks like or that she wasn't that pretty ?” mrs asked and for once jae's eyes lifted from his glass turing to sungi .   .  .  Who Already scared of mrs kim's deadly eyes now has to answer even more carefully since jae is also waiting for his answer. 

 

   “ .   .   .  We all know jae likes her looks , that's why she pregnant” sungi nervously replied startling all again  but jaes reaction was the one that topped them all. As he spat out the wine he was drinking .   .    .  All eyes stayed for a second or two staring at him before hands with napkins went his way . Starling all again it was the napkin from the man sitting next to him he took rather than mrs kim or hyeon who stood up to hand him their napkins. 

 

     “ .   .   .   this “ cursing in  japanese jae stood up throwing the napkin on the table and pushing his chair back started walking away from the table .  .  He didn't even walk that far as he took the shirt , witches from side was covered by the wine , off. All eyes that followed him getting a good sign off his back just smiled along turning their eyes from the spotless back of his to hyeon who quickly turned her eyes from his side tattoo that her eyes always zoom in to to her plate.

 

    Joon And lay catching her little smile, as she looks at her plate could not even believe what they just saw .   .   .  Just thinking about hyeon smiling this shyly about james body was a baffling thing to see . 

 

   “ .   .    .  Here , start already “ mrs kim handing lay he first plate started the feast    .   .  Hyeon glancing up from now and then to make sure lay was ok has noticed how nervous and awkward he is feeling as his eyes have stayed to his food not joining in  the conversation sungi has started about the election coming up . May be just like business he doesn't know much about politics she has guessed as an option but .  .   The fact that he didn't even had a single reaction to the jokes the guys were making has drawn hyeon attention to lay . 

 

   “ .   .    .  You ok “ hyeon without a voice mouthed her words when she caught lays eyes glance up for a second .  ,  shaking his head he gave her a small smile which lasted for a second before he turned his eyes back to his table as he saw jae walking back . Even the way he fidgeted and lenaed to eun's side when jae pulled his chair and sat down was telling hyeon how uncomfortable lay was feeling being there. 

 

 

        Unlike the nervous little brother the older one not even turning his way to pay  started adding some of the food onto his plate from all the food laid out on his left side of the table . Technically he just handed his plate to krs kim and she was the one who fixed his plate and handed it back .   .    .  His wine glass by his right side .   .  He started his dinner as quiet as always . It was the rest of the table that chats along while he makes a comment or two at every family dinner so no surprise for his quietness. 

 

    But lays silence has been noticed by all who expected him to be a  chatty person but being suited to the brother who just beat him down and all the tension that even sungi from the other side could feel was enough to let all know lay would not be saying anything for tonight . And hyeon who never replies unless asked a direct question they all knew not to bother asking her about politics. They will get their earfull if they ask an activist about the current president they are  for his low tax credit on the corporation that he just passed . Hyeon would have a lot to say about that but nobody dared to ask her . 

 

      When the topic turned to the issue though even jae has let a small smile his lisp that all were quiet for a second as sungi mentions the tax bill that was passed . All expected hyeon to say something but sending her sharp eyes to sungi for a second hyeon just went on with her dinner . Her eyes have caught james when she was turning the  back to her plate. Thier cute smile exchange was to die for . 

 

   “ .   .    . Am sure he won’t be getting hyeon's vote for one “ joon finally taking  chance mentioned hyun's name turning all eyes to her . Even lay for once looked up at the girl in front of him as jae besides him put his glass down and lenaed back .  .  All attention on hyeon.  One thing he has missed so much is hyeon sharp comments that use to leave him speech less. It has been her smart mouth that has captured his attention from the get go. 

 

    “ .   .    .  Why would i be voting for someone who am organizing a rally against for the senate not to pass his bill”with a small almost devilish smile she replied her eyes on jae before she turned them to joon who asked . 

 

    “ .    .    .  You're the one organizing the rally , i heared about that on mbc news right now “ sungi placing his wine glass turned his dismayed eyes to hyeon . All not that surprised that she was part of a rally stared at sungi whose surprise face they couldn't understand. 

 

   “ .   .    . You know you're protesting something that will save your boyfriend millions “ joon hoping to get jae into the conversation smirked as he commented 

 

    “ .    .     .  I don't think he is in a dire need of some millions while he has billions“ hyeon picking her orange juice glass turned her eyes to jae whose eye have been on her for minutes now . To be honest everything she was saying was going on ear coming out the other .   .   His attention was all in taking in hyeon's look in front of him all wrapped up in his favorite shirt which he knows mrs kim intentionally gave to hyeon . 

 

   “ .    .    .  Did you just brag about jaes  wealth?” joon with a  big smile asked and not just him everybody was a bit startled to hear what hyeon just said . 

 

   “ .  .  .  Am not bragging .   .   .  “ she protested placing her glass down .  

 

  “ .   .   .  It's ok , you can brag “ sungi jumped in adding to hyeon embarrassed looking face . 

 

   “    .  .  He is a well educated good looking billionaire .   .   .   You can brag  about it “ he added not leaving even a second for hyeon to jump in. 

 

    “ .   .    .  That's not something i would brag about “ she jumped in before sungi said anything . 

 

   “ .   .    What would you brag about then?” joon interrupted right before she said something . For this question even lay has put his fork down and raised his eyes to hyeon . He wants to hear this one clearly . If not for his tall perfect look .  .  Or world known university degrees or billions .    .   Lay is eager to kniw What was the reason for  his brother beating him at that grabbed hyeon's attention. 

 

   “ .   .    .  Well .  .  “ all eyes on her hyeon couldn't help but feel a bit anxious answering this one . The only eyes that weren't looking at her was what she wanted to see but jae has intentionally focused his eyes on his plate. .   .  As she sighed he brushed his hair back .  .  More than eager to know what she's gonna say . It will be really heartwarming to hear what things hyeon would brag about him about. 

 

   “ .   .    .  For one he is a very caring person “

 

She smirked looking around  the people that smile back at her compliment to their boss that all  knew was a fact. There is no doubt that their boss was a very caring and loving person .  If not they would not be sitting at his house eating dinner next to him . 

 

   “ .   .   .  He has a big heart that lets anybody in “ she added. All including jay knew what she meant by anybody but this statement was also a fact for anybody that knows jae. 

 

“ .   .   .  No no no hold on , jae doesn't let anybody in “ joon raising his hand interrupted . 

 

   “ .   .   .  I’ve worked with him for years he doesn't let anybody in “ he added pointing at jae who was glaring at him. 

 

  “ .   .   .   It took me years to even get him to say hi to me , he used to call him the driver for years before he started saying seung “ joon even though he saw the death galr jae was sending his way went on listing jaes behaviours that has earned him all those nick names. 

 

    “ .   .   .   There's a reason why we called  the devil on the 11th “ sungi reminded of the past when jae used to call him the driver added . It has taken him years to be accepted into jae's heart which now sees him as a family member. 

 

    “ .   .    .   He is as cold as ice when it come to letting people in , that's why he doesn't have friends “ joon added .   .  . As everybody around the table laughs at thier boss which they should be feeling sorry for . 

 

    “ .    .    . He let you in because he was going mad about you “ joins common choked jae up and for the first time lay with everybody else glanced at the man sitting next to him . It was still a bit weird for lay to be this close to his brother and even to have this close of a view on the perfect faces of jae that he has been told he resembles a little. 

 

    “ .    .   .    Everybody here has taken excruciating years to be on first name bases with him and there are some still not even close to being accepted “ joon lowering his voice as finished his sentence turned his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter