lay.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “ .   .   Sir . “ jessica gave a small bow as Jae walked her way passing through the door she held open. Her eyes focused on the man behind him though, jessica hasn't even caught how jae’s dark eyes have scanned her up and down as he passed by.

 

  “ .    Sir .  “ she gave her boss a small bow too but his eyes hiding behind his shades his face hiding behind the hood of his jacket lay had made sure she gets no glimpse of his messed up face or his puffy eyes. His hands tightly placed in his pocket , his eyes focused on the floor he walked past her without even saying anything.  

 

    “ .    Huh   “ jessica sighed a bit relieved that he's still alive and doing okay. She is used to his cold attitude so him not even saying was something she can handle but after she did all that for him how can he not even say Hi. Was it too much on her part to expect am fine or thank you call.  , or even a text .   .  He has disappeared for three days and not even a hello.

 

  “ .   .  Are we heading to your office “ jessica quickening her step and pressing the up botton spoke out breaking the awkward silence they walked the 3 or so minute walk from the entrance till here.  Lay had though he was unnoticeable as he swiftly changed his side and stood on the other side of his brother .   . Completely  hiding himself from jessica who stood by the wall. Neither jessica nor jae had missed it though.

 

  CLICK - the door opened and the men walked followed by jessica who had kept her eyes focused on lay who chose to stand behind his brother. Without even looking up lay knew her eyes were focused on him .    .     .  He can sense it and it wasn't just him who noticed jessica's eyes . Placing his hands in his pocket jae has caught jessica's firec eyes staring at his brother  and taking a step back he followed her eyes to find his brother not even for a second looking up and staring at the company logo on the floor.

 

“ .   .   . there is a management meeting going on by the way “ startled when she found jaes eyes focused on her as she glanced up jessica mouthed out the first thing that came to her mind. She is not hyeon so she knew not to mess with the so called devil on the 11th .  , straightening her jacket and the files on her hand she turned her eyes to the floor as she was thought to do . She is the hired help .  .   she knew she had no right to be glaring at these two.

 

   Click -  the door opened and jessica walked out followed by jae who has kept his eyes on lay and back at jessica who led the way to jaes office.

 

  “ .  .  All the paperwork is on the table. Do you need anything else sir?” giving them a little bow as they walked past the door she held open jessica asked. If they said no she knew to pack her bag and leave this building as fast as possible. Her transfer new position doesn't start till next week and she knew to enjoy what ever time she had left before she gets back to this cursed building again . At Least starting next week she will be in the 8th floor .

 

   “ .    .   Lay .  . ?”jae galnced at his little brother heading to his desk.

 

  “ .   .  Do you want anything else ?” jae asked the same question jessica did . . . Trying to hide his smile jaes question had more of a sarcastic tone to it in contrast to jessica's serious tone.

 

 “    .  I guess not .” jae replied when his brother didn't even bother to look back at the two people waiting for his reply and went on collecting all the papers laid on the table.

 

  “.   .  Have a great day “ jessica made sure to give one last bow as she walked out . The confused and startled jae just stood there staring at his little brother. Who when the door slowly slammed shut finally looked up at the door before he sent his eyes back to the pile of paper.

 

  “ .    .  She

 

“ .  Don't . “ the little brother interrupted before jae started his sentence. As commanded jae kept his words in and started walking to the big glass window where he could clearly see jessica arranging  the files on her desk as she gets ready to leave. One glance back at his brother ‘s desk jae could make out how clearly lay could see his secretary from his desk. He had made sure to put his sercteries desk away from his view but as though it was intentional jessica's desk is in the right corner and angle  for lay to observe anything and everything she is doing .

 

  “  .   .  Did she get fired?” jae asked as he saw jessica pick up her name from the desk along with anything that looked personnel into ¥ the box on the floor.

 

   “ .    .     No, she is transferred to 8th floor “ startling both lays lawyer walked in . Lays hands had stopped for a second as he took the news.

 

 “ .   .  She is to smart to be fired “ the lawyer nonchalantly   added as he headed to lays desk.

 

  “ .   Ohh what are you doing?” he asked the startled lay who dropped the paper in his hands and sent his eyes to the window his brother was standing by . As though she knew what was going on jessica turned around and gave them one last small bow before she got into the elevator. The small smile on her face was confusing.

 

   “ .   .  You can't just sneak in and sneak out “ the lawyer added without knowing what ever he was saying was being heard by his boss standing across the desk from him.

 

  “ .   .  Your uncle has taken over everything that you were suppose to be handling “

“.   He has taken everything “ the lawyer added as he just like lay followed jae who his hands still folded started walking out the office .

 

“ .   .  Good .  “ lay replied as he grabbed all the files he had arranged and followed his brother. Now catching up to how things work in this building he knew if his lawyer knows about his arrival that means it would take minutes before his dad or uncle hears about it.

 

  “ .   .  I don't think it a good idea to just leave “ the lawyers shifts were cut short as the elevator door closed and the brothers  disappeared.

 

  “ .    .   Huh .  “ lay sighed as he pressed lobby . His face looks more distort than when they walked in. Jae , always so capable of reading his brothers emotions knew exactly why.

 The ride down just as the ride up was filled with silence.

 

“ .  . . This way “ jae lead the way to the parking lot as they'd stepped out. Beyond surprising to most who saw the two brothers walking side by side , it was more amusing for those that have worked there the  longest and know the full story. They might not have thought about it but the two walking together have made jae look less scary and lay more serious.

 

  “ . Sir  “ the valet parking attendant handed jae his keys with a  small bow. as smooth as they drove in they drove out .

 

        “ .    .  Huh.  “ lay kept sighing as he kept his eyes focused on the text he is reading over and over again. The files on his hands had slipped away slowly as he focused his eyes on the thin envelope lying in the middle of the pile . Resignation letter written at the right edge of it , a confirmation of the text he just received.

 

    His eyes following his little brother jae had caught a glimpse of the letter now laying on the floor. His sharp eyes back up at his brother jae knew something was seriously up . How ghostly lay has turned in seconds was beyond normal. His fingers still glued to the home button lay has stayed his eyes glued to the letters he kept re reading .

 

 “ .  .is everything okay ?”jae wanted to ask but held it in as he just sat there taking glances at his disoriented looking little brother. their relationship as fragile and as new as ever jae didn't even know what to say, what to ask about, how to even ask what was bothering lay this much .   .   .  His heart was aching him to reach out , to help , to comfort he stayed quiet keeping his eyes on the road his whole attention on his little brother. The number of times lay sighed was alarming a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter