Where it all started

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“ You’re early,” Mrs park placing all her folded cloth from the table on the bed, whispered to Hyeon. The latter, busily shoving the folded cloth into the two bags she was asked to bring, did not respond. The thousands of thoughts and questions going through her mind have occupied every nerve even to process what was whispered at her ear. The slight smile on Mrs park sent her way was not reciprocated as Hyeon focused more on the folded cloth she was shoveling into the bag. The dark loving eyes staring at her seemed worried but she didn’t spend a second thinking about the worry but focused more on the beautiful eyes. “Many people have dark eyes” the voice in her head started debating her six sense that never lied to her. The weird feeling that took over her body was not a mistake. There is something.

 

“ We only need to pack the shoes and . . “ Mrs park turning her eyes away started heaving to her other stiff that was neatly placed by the table. She had spent a few minutes last night organizing her stuff to make sure they could leave as fast as possible. With Hyeon, who always has essential meetings in the morning being assigned to pick her up, Mrs park knew they would have to leave as soon as she got there. Mrs park knew, if possible Hyeon would have chose to send Jessica but the later is in a conference in Jeju. She had called twice every day to make sure Mrs park was fine. As always Hyeon had taken the task on her self rather than asking anybody else from the shelter to pick Mrs park.

 

“ My glasses. Let's not forget my glasses’ Mrs park, neatly wrapping her shoes in the plastic bag she had asked Hyeon to bring, went on rambling about all her items that they need toke sure to bag, truly unaware of what Hyeon attention was placed on. Her hands slowly folding the cardigan, hyeon turned her head slightly left to the bathroom doors that was still wide open. Her mind that still hasn’t settled from the confused state it was trying hard to process what was happening.

 

Jae, who has picked up two of the hospital shirt that was placed by the corner of the room, has picked the blue one and rested it on the sink in front of him. Using the white towel, Mrs prak had thrown his way before she rushed out of the bathroom, he was busily trying to dry his wet hair. More than his arms that were movivng back and forth frantically her eyes went to their favriout sight. His tattoo, which her eyes can’t look away from, were the first thing that grabbed her attention. His mom's name tattooed alongside his side ribs, quikly forced her memeroy to be refereshd. The story he had shared with her about the day he got it done, the drunken state of mind he was in, the sensless state he wasn in to not even feel the pain from the needle piercing thorough his skin. She remembers every detail of the story. Se even recalls the dishavled state he was in when he told her the story. His messed up hair hidden underneath his black hoddy, the whisky glass in his hands, the dark circles under his eyes he hid away, his voice that was so soft and heart breaking, she rememerbs every detail of that night. It was one of the first moment he turelly opened up to her and shared a memory that pains him every tiem he even thinks about it. The tight tug that squeezed her heart as she sat next to him tell that story was probably the moment he captured her heart. She hadn’t recognized it back them but thinking back about how she just sat there without trying to hold him, touch him or comfort him in any way has been one of her regrets. It was one of th elist of moments from their relationship that she wished she could have done better. The permanent marker across his ribs was a remindof the person that has brought him into this world before she disapred from it.

 

“ The doctor said, I can come back from checkups in a while,” Mrs park went on, but nothing she said was reaching Hyeon. Her hands have paused folding, her body that was frozen still, all her focus was on the tall body in the bathroom. His arms rapidly swing the towel covering all his face and shoulder. Hyeon was too lost in her own thoughts to notice the towel that slowly was pulled away from his hair, down his face, and rested on his neck. His frantic hands leaving the towel started brushing his wet hair away from his face. The slick dark hair followed every finger brush and laid down. His face she hasn’t fully seen in a while was on full display as all his hair brushed and laid back. The moment every part of his face became visible he sensed the energy in the space taht forzed his eye s to slsowy turn to her eyes and focused gaze that were zoomed on him. Her presence he was able to feel most times has become even more promenemnt as he could even sense her staring at him.

 

Her eyes that should have turned away the moment they met his didn’t. The look in her eyes he couldn't recognize, jae’s hands that were pulling down the towel from his neck halted as his reality was forced to slow down the moment their eyes met. She wasn’t looking away. Her body that was standing still didn’t shift, didn’t move away, no. She was standing there , looking at him. Her eyes look more focused, almost dazed, as they stare back at him. The cold water he had toweled off his body wwas nothing compared to chilling feeling he flet as her her eyes slowly scanned him up and down. Her eyes that traced his body only scanned down to his pants belt loop; they seemed to be interested on his exposed body. Every inch of his skin was reacting to the attention it was getting as it started recalling her soft hnads that used to trace it. But hyeon didn’t need her hands, she didnt need to touch him, her eyes can do that by them selves. Their slow tracedown was followed back up his chest leading her back to his face and his eyes waiting for her.

 

One

Two

Three

could hear her heart beat as everything went dead silent and it became the only thing moving. His eyes, Stay away from his eyes, the voice in her head which alwasye is the logical one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter