see you at dinner.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             “  we need to get things under control .        .        . I saw some people protesting in front of the city hall, somebody contact them and let them know” the man sitting  in the middl said looking around the room.

        “ the last thing we want to do is alarm them  .      .    .then they will increase security on the day” he added.

        “ Hyeon do you want to add anything..   .     . “all eyes turned to hyeon.

 

“ It’s confirmed that the C.E.O.s wife , who’s overseeing the project is the one coming       .       .      .other than her , there are 4 of the main city councilman that are gonna be there”  hyeon opened the folder in front of her and started handing the pictures.  

 

“ if we’re gonna do this we need to be really organized  .     .      . “ the man started talking.

 

“  .     .     . most of probably are gonna be sent to jail for this  .     .     .so get ready , if not arrested hyeon will defend all of you for free so don’t worry about that” he pointed to hyeon .    .            “           we already have contacted the store owners on the way  , they all have agreed to corporate .      .        .” the younger one in the red shirt said.

            

“ we have a lot talked to the house owners of the locations you wanted they have agreed to let us use their rooftops”  he added making everybody smile specially the man sitting in the middle.

     “  good, then now we need the binoculars and the walkie talkies  .       .   .”

           “ i’ll get that  .       .       . the city council has a lot” she smiled  

 

    “ any thing you need me for  .        .    .”

             “ i have to be at the office in like 20 minutes .     .  .” hyeon picked her bag from the table and turned her eyes to the man in the middle.

       

  “ yes, drop by the restaurant  .         .     . there are somethings I wanna talk to you about” the man smiled at heyon  .     .     .and with that hyeon left out of the room and sneakily ran the whole two blocks , glancing behind her back now and then to check if anybody was following her.

      

      A couple of minutes and steps later the screaming of cranes and drills started echoing from every where.

 

       “ huh .    .    .” hyeon sighed turning at the corner and seeing the unfortunate sight in front of her.   

      The inc on the paper hasn't even dried yet .     .   .people haven’t even gotten their payments yet but the demolishing has already started.

 

   “ the noise is the worst .    .   .” the old lady walking by screamed at hyeon after noticing her standing in the middle of the road taking pictures of the site.

          “ and they go on day and night       .        .       .” the lady added

   “    .     .     . do you know what happened to the people living in there” hyeon walked to the lady sitting in front of her house  .     .  .with the notice of evacuation posted on the wall behind her inches away from her head.

          

 “ I guessing they all moved out before all the noise started  .        .      .

                     “ they must have had somewhere to go      .      .       .” the lady said standing up and slowly waking into the house.

                 Hyeon turned her eyes to the screaming cranes  .      .       .after a couple of minutes , feeling useless she turned around and headed towards the small hilly streets that she used to run through . short cut to the office.

 

         “ where were you  .     .   .” Mr jung’s secretary pulled hyeon to the right whispering the moment her feet passed the office door.

   “  .     .   .he was screaming your name, looking for you everywhere .     .  .” she pulled hyeon all the way to the small corner.

         “ .     .    .people have flooded the council meeting ,  .     .    .they are in the hall right now “ the lady said looking behind her checking if anybody follow them.

         “ .     .    .  I know “ hyeon smiled.

 

  “ .     .     . if nobody protest they are gonna think something is fishy  .     .    .so we had the church group and the women program come and disturb the hall meeting”hyeon whispered pushing her hair back, feeling a little bit happy that the plan is going as well as planned.

        “  .     .   .I came early and printed out the 500 flyers you wanted , I have put it in mrs lee’s hair shop , I will print the rest tomorrow” the lady whispered , covering to hold in her laughter.

      

    “ .     .  .thank you , your the best” hyeon gave the secretary a big hug.

 

 “  .     .    .anything to help, you guys are doing everything .    “the lady hugged back

          “  .     .    . I've Told him you're at your other job so you should sneak out the back.

    “ But you should go see the meeting , the church groupe was disturbing them by praying right in the hall” hyeon didn’t let the lady finish her sentence she started running to the meeting hallan dsligtlly opened the door to sneak in a view of the scene from inside..

 

             

       

“ oh my God .     .  .” hyeon sighed  looking at the people inside. Feeling happy as well as terrified at the same time.  Go to jail  .     .     .  get a beat down  .      .      .  this is gonna be worthed hyeon smiled.

     

    “ you don’t need to be afraid  .     .     .there’s thousand of us behind you “ hyeon remembered one of the ahjumma’s comment from the meeting at 2:30 a.m. in the church hall last week.

 

  “we’re all in this together .      .       .”

        

    “  .      .      . we won’t  just disappeared silently” they all have held hands and shook on those words .  Fed up .       .      .      . almost everybody is fed up about the useless people in office serving the rich . Every house from block to block , every restaurant, shoe store, hair dress shop  .     .      .      . to even the church  .     .    .is all in this. All waiting and following Hyeon’s group’s initiative into a day everybody in this this city if not the whole country will talk about.  

   

     Hyeon with her head down and  a big grin on her face walked out of the office through the backdoor, Thankfully before anybody even noticed her.  

 

   Buzz Buzz her phone vibrated.

   Lay-   Are you free ?

  Hyeon- yeah , why?  

              do you need me?    .     .    .she turned the corner and started walking straight ahead into the street market.

Lya -  no, I just missed you and want to see you.

Hyeon- hahah, is that supposed to be a Jock , try another one.     .      .   .she bowed with a big smile on her face at the two men  that just passed her by .    .   . they are part of the groupe.

Lay- I wasn’t jocking.

Hyeon - Is that all you wanted to say.

Lay - no, Are you still at work?

hyeon - why?

Lay- when is your work gonna end  .  

        you have been dogging me for days. are you guys getting audited.

Hyeon - I’m actually done. I can come right now if you need me.

             do you want me to come?

Lay-  you have half an hour.

 

     But it took hyeon almost an hour to get to the parking lot of his apartment.

“ you're late .    .  .” Lay screamed from inside the car once Hyeon turned over the curb and started walking across to the driver seat.

    “     .     .     . I don’t control the train schedule the city does .    .  .” hyeon pulled the door open and as always threw her bag into the backseat before sitting down and fixing her belt  . .     . before starting the car.

     

  “ what .   .?” hyeon asked glancing night at the man staring at her.

     “  .      .    .you look good for someone that drowned a couple of days ago” lay smiled lying to her face about her stressed and disoriented face.

“  .    .   . If you're trying to me  feel better don’t , Know what I Look like” hyeon lenaed forward and looked at herself through the rearview mirror.

    “ Pleas tell me it’s because of work .     .   .?” lay asked worried that the incident days ago might have something to do with her disheveled look.

   “ are you still worried about the draining .      .    .i told you i'm’ fine

           “    .       .     .this is just too much work , stress and  no sleep” heyonsmield at lay , who’s worried face didn’t ease at eth quick smile she sent his way.   

      “ you should have stayed at the hospital .    . . “

“ I told you i'm’ fine .      .    .even the doctor said I was fine , why would I have stayed there” hyeon smiled her eyes focused on the road.

  “ to make me feel better  .     .      . ” lay said in a small voice turning his eye to the road.

 

       “ where are we going .      .       .?”hyeon leaned forward and tried reading the destination the GPS.

 “  .     .     . we’re going to the office” Lay answered .Hyeon’s shocked face turned to lay.

         “ My dad wants to see me  .      .     . “ lay said relieving hyeon as her worried face relaxed

 

               20 minutes later Hyeon park the car in the front and with Lay leading the way they walked into the lobby headed straight to the lobby . All the men and women with a name tag bowing and smiling their way.

          

     " I hear he's gonna be the new one in charge  .     . " hyeon heard the women behind her whisper.  It’s not surprising that the news craze has already reached the head quarters. Even Though the change of a new executive director is not gonna affect most of the people actually talking about it  .      .     . it’s still a very juicy topic for this building which has never had any type of topic to talk about rather than business. The People the last two floor are surrounded by people who keep everything in those floors . Most workers might not even know what their executive director actually look slike  .     .    .it’s the C.E.O. and the madam that everybody is aware of .

        

   Hyeon  followed behind quietly, not knowing what to say to  Lay who was walking in front of her

    

 "  news travels fast .  .   .  Doesn't it " lay pressed 10 after hyeon got on.

 

      " am sure everybody is excited to have you in charge   .     .      ." hyeon sighed relieved seeing his finger press 10 rather than 11.

    " why would they  .     .     . " Lay asked glancing at hyeon

" because your a great boss to have  .     .        . " hyeon smiled pulling her phone out and glancing at the text .

 “     .      .    .compare to who .      .  .” lay smirked knowing his incompetence when it comes to any kind of leadership of any sort.

     

           Click- The doors opened.

      

  “  .     .    .your brother for one .     .  .” Hyeon walked out a lay stood for a second a little taken back by her comment.

 

          “ go right ahead  .      .     . he’s waiting for you” the secretary smiled. before he dragged her like last time hyeon ran across to the big couch set and sat down on the big one smiling Lay’s way.

  

     “i’ll wait heer .      .    .”  for the benefit lay didn’t complain just walked straight ahead into the glass doors as hyeon picked on of the magazines laid out on the small table on her right.

    “ would you like anything to drink .      .   .” the secretary smile hyeons way.

  “ oh no , thank you   .      .     .” hyeon gave a small bow and went on with her reading.

 

            Minute slater she put the magazine down and leaned back sitting comfortably her brain getting busy with how well they can execute the protest without violence.  She’s not naive enough to believe it will be a totally peaceful, most people are angry and there are gonna be some arrest beat downs   .        .        . that’s inevitable. But with the C.E.O and wife of the biggest corporation in the country being caught in the middle of it all is gonna be worth it all.

      

    Hyeon smiled even the though of the madam’s face in the midst  of it all making her happy.

  

     ‘ let’s go  .     .   .” lay’s voice is what woke up heyon from her thoughts.

 

  “   .     .    .what were you thinking of ?” he asked as hyeon jumped up and followed behind.

     “ nothing  .     .    .just work” she brushed her hair back and covered to hide her yawning.

 

“ I think you might need a good massage and some relaxation  .     .         .to help you wake up” Lay pressed the down but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter