dinner party.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“ .   .   .  Your coming to the dinner tonight right?” the dad taking another sip of the whisky his assistant placed in front of asked sending his questioning eyes to lay sitting by the couch right in front of him. 

    “.   .    . It might be a great experience

 

“ .  .  Why am I here dad?” lay who sat quietly for the ten minutes or so as his dad had went in mumbling about things finally asked.

 

   “ .   I have a lot of things to do” he added opening the top button on his shirt and giving out a deep sigh. Overworked would be an understatement to describe what lay has been going through since his brother quit or according to his father since jae took a vacation and his dad had a heart attack that led him to be bedridden for how many days now. Not even sundays did he get a break from as he neither sleeps at his office or jessica has the misfortune of driving his files and project from the office to whatever hotel he had rank himself to sleep and wake up from.

    She has warned him so many times that she doesn't even bring it up any more. Her work days glistened on her employment were from monday to saturday sunday was suppose to be her only day off but her boss who had declined her complaint for him to hire a full time assistant has turned her into his babysitter . Forget all the work related stuff, from making sure he had clean cloth onto him eating properly and taking his sleeping pills and supplements that he had been recommended .  .  . It would be justified for jessica to request an enormous rais for all that she does. 

 

   “ .   .    .  Huh “ the ce.o took a deep breath as he threw the white folder to the table lays legs were lying at . 

   “ .   .   . What is this “ pulling his legs down he flipped the folder. His eyes zooming on the tile , the big letters right at the top .  .   . Just those letters were enough to let him know what the folder of 60 or so pages he was holding in his hands were about. Even Though he had tried not to think about it , he knew it would come to this. He had made sure to visit his day at least one day knowing there was gonna be a day he would have to talk to him about this but lay never expected it to be today, not on the day his dad was being discharged.

     “ .   .   I wanted you to look over it before i pass onto my lawyer “ teh dad focusing his eyes on lay , who look a bit shocked went on.

   “ .  .  If there are changes you want me to make, let me know” 

  “ .    .  I tried to be fair as much as possible “ 

 

 

   “ .    .   Did you send a copy to hying?” throwing the folder down lay raised his pissed off eyes to his dad . He didn't even flip the first page and read anything else to know what ever was it that folder needed his brother's approval for him to be okay with.

   “ .   .    Does mom know about this too?” when he didn't get answer for his first question he asked another one that was answered by silence.

   “ .   .   I didn't send her a copy but am sure she has an inside source whispering it to her “ the day a minute later replied taking another sip of his drink, which by the way his doctor has heavily warned against. Their drinking habits really run in the family. 

   “ .   .   And you're sitting here all smiling and waiting for those two to kill each other “ lay jumped up from his seat for the first time in ever shouting at his dad . 

 

    “ .   .    . i’ve thought long and hard about this lay, this is the best way to get everybody to get along” even the dad who said the words didn't believe what he said as he heard his own words. He knew there was no way his wife and his first born will ever live in peace . The heavens and the earth would have to crumble  for those two to get along. 

 

    “ .     .   And you think leaving the company to him is gonna make him at peace , have you ever even wondered why he quit?” lay unable even to sit down started walking across the couch set.  His emotions that he had started wearing at his sleeves were running wild as usual when his brothers name was brought up. After jae quit,  He had forced himself and tolerated everything else for one and only one reason , to give his brother a break . He had put everything on his shoulder and studied everything from scratch to keep the company together not for any reason but to not give his dad an excuses for his dad to drag jae back into this hellhole that has dripped his soul up.

 

    “ .    .   You people are just .   .   “

 

“ .    .    Even if i didn't leave him in charge after i give him my share he will be the largest shareholder “ the dad interrupted as his son sat down at the edge of the couch his fingers deep in his hair squeezing his head. 

 

     “   .  . There is nothing your mother can do after that , she is getting all the houses and the galleries and what not” even though the dad knew everything else he had left his wife was way more worth than the shares he left for jae , it was crucial to not get her involved in the company shares. 

 

   “ .    .    Ohh she's gonna be jumping up and down in joying when she hears she getting the houses .  .  “ his sarcasm was clear lay gave out a smile .  .  . He can only smile now this was beyond infuriating .

 

“ .    .    Am trying to make everybody happy”

 

  “ NO , YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY “ 

 

“ . .  You think you could just give him the company and that will be it cus you won't be alive to deal with whatever happens after that  “ staring at his dad right in the eye lay shouted.

 

     “ .    .    When do you ever stop thinking about yourself, hu?” 

 

Knock knock 

 

Knock 

 

  “ .   .  Sir Mr kim from the shinhwa group is hereafter then knock that interrupted their silence the assistant walked in and announced. 

  “ .   .   I have a meeting at 6” lay not even looking back ran out the room slamming the door behind him which only started the assistant standing beside it. 

 

   “ .    .   Did you deliver the package to jae?” 

 

  “ .   No, sir .   . We still don’t know his where abouts ?” the assistant replied to the same question he gets asked 4 or 5 times a day . 

 

   “ .   His phone is shut off and join is not picking his either “ he added .

 

   “ .   ,  i heard his coming to the dinner though so i’ll pass it to him or his team then “

 

   “ .     .    Find out where my wife is ?” 

 

“ .  Shes was in paris , she's flying in tonight “ when his boss's eyes raised up the assistant immediately looked down . Even he knew , it would be surprising for the madam to be shopping and what not in paris when her husband was laying on a hospital bed not even sure if he was gonna make it. Had he had married her for love he might have been shocked but then again he might have been shocked when he saw her treat his son as if he was the devil but it was a business agreement to begin with so why care now.  why be angered and hurt that nobody from the so called family list has even visited him except for lay. 

 

     His parents dead, his first born unwilling to even be bothered , his wife out shopping for diamonds and his uncles and aunts his wife had made sure to alienate .   .    . There was nobody but hired assistants , bodyguards and business partners that walk in and out of the luxurious hospital vip room. Not even one of them making him feel the warmth a hospital visit brings . He might have been happy to see lat drop by but it's mostly at the middle of the night and he only hears about it in the morning .   .   . Even if lay came t day time it wasn't an exciting thing to see the overworked and beyond depressed lay sitting at the couch trying hard not to start any serious conversation. 

 

      “ .   .    Your suit and everything is ready, we'll get the cars and everything ready so we can leave after your conversation” the assistant giving a bow to both the mne that wlake din and his boss walked out gently closing the door behind.

 

--------------------    --------------------

 

  “ .    .    Joon for the hundredth time not now, we'll deal with this later “ jae whispered as he lead the way to his room . Mrs kim following the two behind had been a bit curious as to what was up with joon that he has been whispering at jae’s ear.

 

   “ .    .   she picked out four suits that will go well with hyeon’s dress” mrs kim being the one who had the huge discussion with the stylist and helped pick out the outfits. It had taken a bit of time to find a dress that hyeon would be willing to wear cus she has requested the less skin to show the better. 

 

  “ .   .    What is hyeon wearing?” jae asked

  “ .  .  You are gonna see it why the rush” mrs kim mischievous smile was to cute as she walked past the men and into the closet room . 

 

 

“ .    .    What is up with you” mrs kim glancing at the mumbling joon that sat on the couch asked. 

 

   “ .   He's just sad he can’t come” knowing his words would infuriate joon even more jae started smiling ear to ear. 

 

   “ .   If i were you i wouldn't be smiling right now” joons eyes were razor sharp as they stared at his boss. He had run down the stairs and pulled jae into a corner but before he even said anything jae had shut him down saying “ not today” . He knew joon would scream and yell at probably even beat him up but not today . From then joon had finished about a  pocket of cigarette as he sat by himself wondering what the hell he is gonna do with his boss 

 

   “ .   .   Am gonna take a shower “ jae still smiling at joon started walking away .

 

  “ .   .  What did he do?” mrs kim asked after she made sure the person they were talking about left the room. 

  “ .   .   I need a drink” joon stormed out .

 

   It didn’t take much for jae to dress up and prep as a good 10 minutes were wasted on putting the suit and everything he might need in his pocket .  

 

   “ .   .   Can you please cut this hair “ mrs kim who had always hated his long hair smacked his head. She knew she should have shaved it off when he was sleeping but after hyeon came into the picture she thought hyeon might have mentioned once  or twice which would have been enough for jae to trim it down but it seems like jaes girlfriend luvs his long hair since she has caught her playing with his hair once or twice. 

   “ .   .   You look like some freak and you're ruining the suit “ she added another smak. The two piece suit , custom tailor and flew in from rome was as majestic and as luxurious as it was sewin to be. Add some amazing tie and a rolex watch picked by a renowned designer jae was ready to walk the red carpet and turn heads. 

 

   “ .   .   The car is ready “ sungi just sneaking his head announced. Still in his shorts and tshirt from earlier , sungi should be thankful that jae was a very easy going boss that he would let him drive him in around dressed like that . 

 

   “ .   .  Let's go .  “ not letting mrs kim completely brush his hair behind his ear jae jumped up as though he was running away from her hands. He didn’t fail to grab his phone from  the table as he quickly started walking out of the dressing room. 

 

    “ .   .   Don’t even know why you're going , since when do you attend these things “ joon who nobody could figure out why he's acting out pulled the key away from sungi. he has heard sungis long complaint when he was told he would be driving . The fantastic time he had planned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter