Act Drunk.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act drunk. That was the plan she came up with as her mind was still freaking out, trying to problem-solve what on earth had happened minutes ago. Or she had thought it was minutes ago, but more than an hour had passed since what happened. Her solution was to act drunk. If she acted drunk and they saw her acting odd, then he would assume everything that occurred in the gallery was because she was intoxicated. That was the best solution she could come up with before her fingers, being attacked by her teeth, started bleeding for mercy.

 

“Isn’t that hyeon” Sungi, standing by the driver's side of the car, pointed at the women walking to the hotel. Her zig-zag walk was the first fake strategy she came up with. Unlike him, Joon didn’t turn his attention to the women; he kept his eyes on jae standing next to him. His reaction is the only thing he needs to knwo if the person walking down their way was in fact Hyeon. Something is going on, was his forest assumption as he noted the visible change on his boss. Something feels weird.

“ she looks drunk,” Sungi added, finally forcing Joon to turn his attention to hyeon.

“ She had been drinking all night,” their attention would quickly shift back to hyeon right when the doorman rushed to her side and grabbed her arm before she tripped herself. Both, eager to see their boss's reaction to another man touching her, returned their eyes back to jae. He looks annoyed. For joon who has been observing his behavior, he looked more concerned than annoyed. Unfortunately, they had thought it was because of the man holding her rather than jae realizing how, just like she had been doing for weeks, she was going to claim she didn’t remember what happened and just move on.

“ she shouldn’t be driving” sungi had focused his worries on her, while Joon was focused on figuring out why his boss wasn’t even moving an inch to help her.

“ I will get her,” Joon whispered as he quicked his steps.He deosn’t mind being the oen that receives Jae’s deadly eyes compared to the doorman who,now ,has extended his hand to hold her by the waist.

 

Yesss- she had shouted inwards when she heard the conversation between the doorman and joons her sluggish body passed to him. Her hair she messed to cover just her eyes; hyeon carefully sought out the other two men standing by the car. She was correct; this was the best strategy as everyone had bought it

“ You need to stop drinking this much,” Joon pulled her to rest against his shoulder and whispered.

“ Can you hear me?”

“ Just one more,” she whispered back, raising her hands. She needed to play as drunk as possible, pulling all the stunts. She even faked trying to trip but was helped up by his firm hands. Her mind, which didn’t plan the whole thing thoroughly, was quickly reminded of the mess it was creating as they walked all way down, and she started getting closer to the two men waiting for them by the car. His slick back hair, was now messed up; she was thankful Jae's eyes were not on her. But his eyes were half of the problem as he finally realized it was his whole presence. Every step they took toward him was increasing her anxiety. What on earth is happening?

 

“ She definitely can’t drive like this” Leaving his door open, sungi quickened his steps towards hyeon

“ Do you know where she lives?” he asked as he pulled her bag off her bare shoulder.

“ I think we should call someb” Sungi’s words halted as he noticed jae taking off his coat. The two steps between him and the body Joon was holding were his target as he gently placed his coat on her back. Sungi, to make sure what he was witnessing was happening, turned his eyes to Joon and then back at Jae, who took steps back. Joon, being the one who knows him well, was the one able to read his fidgeting fingers that brushed his hair before they were sent to his pockets. With his ever-so-gentle hands and the way they placed the coat over her shoulders and his eyes were even looking at her, Joon was able to decode what was happening. Something is really going on.

“ Let’s just take her home” He kept his eyes waiting for a reaction from jae who gave him exactly what he wanted.

“ She’s your friend, and am sure she will love to see the kids” Joon, not even giving jae a second to respond started taking the steps to the back seat. The body that all of sudden started weighing heavier Joon didn’t read that much into but it was the only way heyon could protest being placed into his house. That was not part of the plan. That is the opposite of the plan.

 

It was so simple. Act drunk to convince him what happened was because of alcohol.

Then head home for a peaceful night and weekend .That was her plan, and as she started screaming inside, there was nothing she could do but let her body be placed in the back seat of the car . Joon carefully rested her head that was processing all type of curses against the window.

 

“ she look so peaceful when shes was out” Sungi was the only one who had the brain power to say anything as the other three were lost in their own thoughts. Her brushed hair covering her face, Hyeon was thankful they coudln’t see her eyes that were now open and paying attention to every turn the car made while her biting lips were still cursing at her for what she got herself into. The quite drive to the big house was the only peace jae was provided as the moment they stepped out of the car everybody in the house had thousands of questions. Unlike him, hyeon was provided a peace as Joon carried her body to the guest bedroom she alwasye used. Her earrings and shoes were emoved by Seung, and her little sister, hyeon was ttuckedinto the most comfortable bed ever to enjoy the quite night.The moment the door closed, the blanket was thrown offer body as she sprung up now loudly cursing at herself. 20 minutes of sitting and plotting later, she knew there was nothing she can do and she slid back into the bed and sent her mind to dreamland. Hoping her plan to leave this house as soon as sunrise works.

 

Forget sunrise, by the time her worn-out body woke up the clock was almost hitting midday. Her uncomfortable dress her body was still tightly hugged in annoying her body her first gal was in the bathroom and removing it before hyeon even registered the time. The perfectly laid out toilatiers, the change of cloth the nice note from Seung, Hyeon didn’t even pay that much attention to as she dipped her body in the warm water she let fill the beautiful tub. The change of cloth she avoided she had on the dress she wore and her shoes held in her right hand she walked out of the room she wasn’t planning on returning to.

 

Her phone, in her bag, was locked in the car. Hyeon was finally shocked by the time as she started staking the stairs down and caught a look at the big clock.

 

12:15 pm. It really was Sunday afternoon, she gasped before quicking her steps down and looking for any signs of anybody. As she walked into the kitchen, she started making some sounds, followed to the back garden. Standing by the garden it was easy to see the group of people laughing by the pool in the distance, and before she strategized on how she was going to run away she was noticed by Mrs Kim, who forced everybody's attention to hyeon.

 

Mrs Kim she could easily win against but it was the kids the lady used to convince hyeon to at least eat something before she left. She was dragged towards the amazing brunch laid by the table in the tent facing the pool. The amount of food Mrs kim was placing on her table was too much even for the rest not to notice.

 

“ I need to finish this first” her small smile extended to all hyeon kept refusing.

“ You should have changed” Seung leaning closer brought up the cloth again. Hyeon whose plan is to leave as soon as possible didn’t want to respond again and focused her attention on the food.

“ Doesn’t look as good as last night” Sungi walking past Jae sitting on the lounge chair on the other side of the pool whispered. He knew what he was doing as she exchanged a wink with Joon. Jae's attention they thought they could distract was focused on his book.

“ I really have something to do” Hyeon whispered to the only person sitting with her, Seung. Everybody else decided to enjoy the lovely weather either in the water or around it.

“ I promise you don’t “Seung stopped hyeon before she started her excuse to leave.

“ One of us will drive you” the girl responded, bringing her drink to her lips and taking a sip. Considering the wine she was consuming, hyeon should have known there was no way that girl was diving her, nor was Sungi. The beer he was chugging while enjoying the nice swim, he wasn't driving her. Nor was Joon was enjoying the same beer.it was their day off technically.

 

The eyes she has been trying to avoid looking at the other side of the pool, hyeon tried as hard as she could to focus on her food and talking about all the network she made last night, which Seung was asking about. The loud laughs and fights in the water called for her attention once in a while. The little girl who used to follow her everywhere was not a teen and fighting with Sungi who had taken control of the speaker.

 

“ he doesn’t come home often so when he does, we try to do family things” Seung whispered noticing what hyeon was thinking about.

“ If you weren't here, he wouldn't be here” she added as she sent her eyes to Jae. Unlike Seung, hyeon brought her eyes back to her food.

“ I heard you two are now friends”

“ Yes” her response was short.

“ That's good” seung surprised hyeon who immediately looked up

“ What?”

“ It might be the best for both of you” seung added keeping her smile to herself. Unlike Joon, she not only knew jae but she knew the women that raised her.

“ You are clearly over him and he is . .”

“ well, he has a girlfriend so we know he is done” She added, sitting back and bringing her drink to her lips.

“ Friendship will work out best for you two” she added giving hyeon a smile. Hyeon was to busy figuring out why she was surprised that seung is agreeing with her. Unlike everybody else who was fighting her, the girl had just accepted it.

“ That's what I keep saying” Hyeon taking another bite of the nicely cut fruits, agreed.

“ We can help each other and everything just works out when we are friends or colleagues” she added brushing her hair back and turning her eyes to Seung.

“ I work for him technically” another bite of the fruit

“ It all works out nicely” Sungi’s smile which started slowly fading away wasn’t caught by hyeon who focused on the fruit that grabbed her attention.

“ You don’t work for him”

“ you work for the board, he is just a member”

“ But he can fire me if he wants to. I read the contract” they started their back and forth about her contract while Seung stated, her eyes focused on her dad not moving from his bench and reading this book he has been obsessed with. Maybe he really was starting to get over to not even looking at her once. She was at his house, in his view, actually sitting on the chair he was sitting on hours ago but like she was nothing he hadn’t even turned to notice when she was walking to the pool.

“ Jae is not firing you ever”

“ he will do whatever to protect the foundation against the other board members, let alone fire you” she added making sure hyeon understands the measures he would take to protect both of them which he had already demonstrated dint he endless board meetings they had to go through to start the foundations. No matter how much he told her he was against it, Seung had first-hand experience watching him fighting to get her whatever she wanted. With the backhand deals, he had to make sure she got the majority vote to build the foundation, to hire a contracted director, Seung is aware of all the battles he fights behind closed doors while he stays calm and unbothered at the surface.

“ He was introducing me as the director yesterday. I even met the mayor”

“ Was the mayor’s daughter there?” Seung asked the question she really wanted to know about from last night.

“ She has blonde hair”

“ Yes, she was “Hyeon quickly remembered the beautiful woman he was flirting and giggling with last night.

“ Was he flirting with her?” Seung asked,

“ Why would I?” Hyeon's suturing was a bit suspicious as Seung finally turned her focus to the woman next to her.

“ You saw them together right?” she asked turning her eyes back to her dad. One look at the girl and hyeon knew Seung was really aware of her dad’s behavior.

“ He is planning on marrying her so i don’t know why he keeps leading these girls on” she added while taking a big sip.

“ Joon said the same thing” hyeon placed her fork down whispered.

“ he said he was planning on marrying her” she added picking up her lemonade glass and taking a sip.

“ She doesn’t like any of us” the honest and heavy emotions the girl was sharing ahd immediately lowered Hyeon's defense.

“ she is going to take h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter