She deserves better.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's going to be messy” Mrs park as she noticed the figure standing by the edge of the roof whispered out. Her shaking hands didn’t match the calm and collected voice of hers. She has dealt with a lot of people who have been through traumatic experiences and had suicidal moments to know to stay calm. She had no idea why it hit her to go to teh roof first. It was the first and only thing that came to her mind. People who want to disappear into thin air usually aim for buildings. The pleasure of having to experience flying in the air even for seconds seems appealing to most when their brain has lost all control.

 

“ especially with all the trees and light pools'' she added as she took multiple deep breaths to calm herself down. Her clenched fist and legs that were taking small steps towards the man were beyond scared. Any second could be his last . . . .any second could be his last on this earth but what was scarier how even she knew he would do it. Her heart racing was forcing her to run and just hold into his body but she knew that was not going to work.

 

“ You should have chosen the front side” She added as get close enough to notice the ripped small plastic bags lying by the ground. He has swallowed some things which she was sure were drugs as she noticed one red pill smashed and laying next to a small pill capsule. “he has issues” the words she has heard again and again had never been clear about what issues but whatever they were she knew were deadly.

 

“ Jae” she called out and as she expected she noticed a movement.

 

“ don’t go like this” she added as she slowed her steps as she was getting closer. she needs to worry about triggering something.

 

“ It’s not a good look,” she added as her ever so nervous heart try to figure out how she will be able to even reach his heart.

 

“ Think about the kids” she almost shouted as she noticed his legs move closer to the edge. He wasn’t listening to her.

 

“ Jae please come down” her voice filled with worry she wasn’t sure if it was even reaching him. His mind that has tapped out might not even be processing any information

 

“JAE” she shouted as she quickened the last few steps

 

“JAE’ she shouted again as she ran and grabbed onto his legs

 

“JAE” the tears that were forming in her eyes were from the realization of how he could still let go and she won’t be able to hold him back. Her frantic hands trying to hold his hin tightly were no use as she kept shouting

 

“JAE”

“JAE LOOK AT ME”

 

“JAE PLEASE” she went on shouting as she registered how checked out he was.

 

“JAE PLEASE DON'T DO THIS”

 

“OH MY GOD,” her eyes looking around couldn’t even see anything but pipes. But even if she saw anything, what was she going to do? There was nothing she could do but get his attention. She could even climb up and pull him down. The risk of pushing him as she climbed up was too high.

 

“JAE” her fingers tightly holding onto his cold body weren’t going to let go no matter what as she screams at the top of her lungs. Her heart that seems like it will cease to function if She let go of Jae was scared and hurt like any other. Even behind all the fear, she had made sure to keep praying to whoever was in heaven to help her out. As she scratched and tried to pull his body away, her heart was begging to whatever God had taken away her child to save this one. The heavens owed her one and she wouldn’t even think twice about it, let alone, regret using that chance on the boy that had stolen her heart with his pain-filled eyes and adorable smiles.

 

“ JAE DO IT FOR HYEON” she shouted, running out of reasons to force him to live on.

 

His disillusioned looking eyes staring at the distance weren’t in control of the tears running down his cheeks. His hair dancing along to the vicious wind attacking them were moved away from his face.

 

“ just let go” the voice in his need calling him to just fall into the dark air was louder than ever

 

“ Let’s just go’’ the 6 pills he had swallowed weren’t anywhere close to silence the voice he has been running away from since he was nine.

 

“ DON’T” she added as noticed his whole body flinching. His tears he wasn’t even fighting were flooding down his cheeks

 

“DON’T LEAVE HER AGAIN” the tears rolling down her cheeks had blurred her vision but she was able to catch the cry that escaped his lips as he hid his eyes behind his visibly shaking hands.

 

“ YOU CAN’T LEAVE HER LIKE THIS” she knew what she was saying was scraping his already butchered heart but all she was worried about was making sure he wasn’t going to take his last breath while in her hands.

 

“YOU OWE HER THAT MUCH” she shouted as sent him into a frenzy. His screams were heartbreaking rather than scary.

 

“It will all end”

 

“Just let go” the voice was commanding for all his muscles to let go. As his shaking finger started scratching his head Mrs. Park went on screaming to get his attention

 

“JAE PLEASE”

 

“ DON’T LEAVE HER BEHIND” she added and those would be her last screams as he turned her way and she got a good view of his face. Even though her heart was breaking into pieces just looking at him, she knew he was reaching out to her to hold him back. That second will be a moment she will never forget as her heart for the fraction of a moment had felt every pain the boy had buried deep down. The tiny slice of a second was all she had and needed to know he was about to let go. He didn’t have to say it, as always his eyes were the ones to say goodbye to the stranger who was not surprisingly the last person he would see. His whole life that was surrounded by strangers was going to end in front of one.

 

The small smile that escaped his bleeding lips was accompanied by a sign of relief on his face and his water-filled eyes that were closing.

 

“NOOOOOOOOO '' She didn’t even have to think about it as she risked her own life, jumped up onto the pavement, and grabbed onto his body. The man who weighs more than he, she was aware could take both of them down

 

“ don’t leave her like this”

“She will never forgive you” her whispers were more effective than her screams

 

“ live for her” her tight grip around his stomach wasn’t as painful as her words that were sending his already insane mind into an internal battle.

 

“ you owe her that much” she knew she was on thin ice but she will use whatever to save his life. As she was hanging by the edge, she wasn’t even worried about her life that will end alongside his.

 

--------- -----------

 

“ I am sorry” her hands brushing up and down his back hadn’t stopped as they sat on the ground back against the edge. His face hiding in between his knees she didn’t even need to see to understand what he was feeling. His shaking body next to her was enough.

 

“ am here” her whispers were as soft as ever as she moved even closer and wrapped her arms around his fragile-looking body next to her

 

“ just let it out” she tightened her hug as her heart wasn’t even given a second to feel relieved by the life she had saved. It was too busy sympathizing, and feeling the pain of the body, which piercing a new hole through her heart, moved closer into her hug.

 

“ It’s okay,” she added trying to hold her tears back as she felt his whole body crying underneath her grip.

 

“ it’s okay” she knew he needed them as she placed kisses on his head.

 

“It’s okay” her motherly voice went on repeating as she felt how much he needed to be held tight by the way he was melting in her grip. Dying for affection was a term she finally understood as she sat on the floor of the grand royal hotel, letting the cold wind attack her body as she helped and protected Jae’s body that was screaming for affection

 

1

2

3

4

5 the minutes went by as he sat in her grip.

 

Both weren’t even aware at what time they separated as they sat a small distance away, back against the wall. His face that looks like he was beaten down by a group of men was covered by his ever so messy hair. About 10 minutes into her hug, his pills had started to kick in as they started silencing everything.

 

His motionless body sitting next to her she knew was finally sedated and under control. Whatever the pills he takes, Mrs park knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter