All eyes.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1  “ .    .  Your enjoying this aren't you ?  .   ” hyeon who had quickly caught jaes little smile as he saw the two women walking past them scan hyeon up and down smirked. He didn't waste much time to describe   what kind of people filled the room but hyeon had gotten the wind of things. Seeing the finance minister and the executive director of like three banks had been enough to let her know she is in the midst of the most powerful people in the country. Forget rich .   .   The game wasn't just about being rich it was what your money can do. 

 

    “ .   you were already famous so “ jae smile was still on his face as he took another sip of his wine. There was nothing he enjoyed than annoying the hell out of the people in this room and right now they look beyond puzzled and annoyed why hyeon was there just like them sitting on a 30,000 per plate dinner wearing probably a limited edition dress and those valencia diamond earrings. 

 

    “ .    .    Am not famous “ she whispered back 

 

“ .    .  Well you kind are and even if you weren't before you are going to be “ with the napkin gently  tapping his lips jaes adorable eyes turned to hyeon sitting a couple of centimeters away from him. Maybe it was the low lighting or the golden flowers right by her side  that reflected light onto her face but hyeon was beyond glowing. Just the slight hint of the collarbone the dress had left exposed was sparkling . Her effortlessly tide looking hair that was all put up into a bun with good knows how many pins adding to how classy the dress had made her how can he not be staring at such a beauty . 

 

     “ .    .  Why , just because i'm dating you?” finally looking up from the stake she was effortlessly trying to cut hyeon looked up find jaes eyes giving that look. The look that always leaves her flustered and acting shy like a 13 or 14 year old girl .   .   .   Jae didn't hepp either as he bit his lower lip . 

 

    “ .    .   Yes” he bit his lower lip as he replied. Would it be a mistake for him to assume if he just saw hyeon blush and avoid his eyes. 

 

“ .    .   You need to stop staring at me jae “  hyeon raising the small piece  she cut to her lips asked of jae . She had imagined jae to be a bit startled and shocked when he saw but even after an hour later jae couldn't lift his eyes away from her. Her mysterious eyes had kept their focus either on her or the plate of food he gaknced at when he had to pick a bite. Never had  she know how great it feels to actually have his sole attention while surround by the type of people they were surrounded by not even the supermodel looking girls walking around had catched his eyes once. They could keep walking back and forth next to their table and jae doesn't look like he would even flinch their way . His full attention was on his classy goddess that he probably was wondering how to shelter her from this ed up world .

 

“ .  Then you should have worn a different dress”  brushing his hair back aje sat laid back as he for once turned his eyes to the crowd of people standing by the corner . 

 

   “ .    .  What's wrong with my dress . “ taking his words to literally hyon placed her fork down and looked down at her dressed . She had made sure to cover as much as of her body as possible and show the least skin but what was wrong with the dress . 

 

   “ .   .   Am all covered up” her right hand landing on the small skin that's showing below her neck hyeon questioned. 

 

   “ .   .   You can't even see anything” she added curiously waiting for a reply that she hot but second later regretted .

 

“ .  I already know what's underneath that dress hyeon” jae brushing his hair back again turned his eyes to hers to find them doubled in size and startled. 

 

   “ .   YAAAA    . ”  hyeon shouted in a low voice as her left hand landed a gentle slap on his arm . She looked beyond adorable when she blushed which was why jae would never get tired of saying things like this which he even at a second thought was embarrassed about. 

 

    “ .     .   What “ he accepted her slap with a smile . Hyeon's eyes that scanned the room and their surrounding to make sure nobody heard what he said had forced his smile to get bigger. 

 

“ .    I found you y when you were running around calling me a money hungry blonde money making machine “ 

 

  “ .    .     You remember that “ the shocked hyeon quickly avoiding eye contact picked her juice and started taking a sip. 

 

 

   “ .    .  That was when i hated you and technically you were just all about the money “ as a trained lawyer her defence was quick.

 

 

   “ .   .   And we were fighting and you didn't wanted to corporate “ 

 

 

“ .   .   You didn't want to give them a extended deadline jae “ 

 

 

“ .  Like i said it was not my project “ jae repeated his famous line 

 

 

  “ .   .  Its funny how you have never asked about since “ jae raised a great question that halted every thought that was crossing hyun's mind. He was right after she heard him shout out how he had extended the deadline because of her , hyeon hasn't asked much about what has happened to the main cause of these two ever meeting in the first place. How could she forget ? Did he really extene it? What if it was just lip service and the people had been kicked out ? How can she be this selfish enough to forget ? It was thousands of questions that occupied her brain as she raised her startled eyes to jae.

 

 

    “ .   .  Are you sure that land was your main concern?” adding oil to the flame jae asked with a smirk . How shocked and taken back she was was very evident in her face and for once jae was happy he got her right where he wants her .  .  . Time to make her feel guilty and enjoy the long explanation she's going to start .

 

 

    “ .   .  I knew you were just using to toy with me?:

 

 

“ .     . You really extended it right?” letting his question ho in one ear and out the other hyeon asked her own.

 

 

  “ .    . I signed the papers but if you haven't heard i don't work there anymore so “ his nonchalant response wasn't any help as all of a sudden hyun's nerves kicked in . Jae didn't had to say it she knows who is incharge of it now and what would probably happen to the land.

 

 

   “ .   .  They are probably gonna be here so “ jae whispered . As always he knew his stepfamily gang would be here which would give hyuna  chance the question either lay or his uncle who probably have delt and finalized the deal. 

 

 

   “ .   .  Oh my God”her hands landing on  her head hyeon sighed . How could she be this reckless to not even think about this . 

 

 

   “ .   .  What am gonna do now “ she sighed again as jae in front of her st in silence enjoying the nervous hyeon sighing and drinking the cold water in front of her , he could imagine how fast her brain must be working to come up with all the problems this might cause and how she was gonna solve it .

 

 

   “ .   .  Wow , you seriously did forget about it didnt you?”

 

 

“ .   .  Guess whose fault that is ?” hyeon shouted out raising her voice to indicate how annoyed she was with his smirks and the fct that he had to be the one to remind her of it. 

 

 

    “ .  how is that my fault?”

 

 

“ .  If you haven't noticed my life has turned upside down because of you , how am i supposed to think about the land when i'm carrying your child and your were treating me like i didn't existed “ hyeon shouted back a reply that would silence both . It was as though she mentioned something that was never supposed to be brought up again as both startled by it just sat in silence trying to avoid each other's gaze . 

 

 

   The moment the words flew out hyeon knew she would regret them . The look o  jane's face as she said the words were very clear in reminding her how much he is still not even comfortable talking about that . His smile that disappeared in a  second leaving his startled face looking like a ghost , his eyes that quickly changed their focus to his wine glass .   .   .  Jae was attacked where it really hurts . 

 

 

  “ .    .   Huhhh” he sighed as he gulped what ever was left of his red wine in . Didnt forget to bite his lower lip and savor the test as he tries to force his mind not to think back what he had done or analyze why its still at the tip of hyun's tongue that she shouted it out this quickly. May be she really has never forgave him nor did she forget.

 

 

  “    .  Bathroom  “ jae whispered as he stood up , anxious and not knowing what to do hyun's eyes just followed him as he startled slowly walking through the crowd  once or twice twice she had caught his hand reaching to his hair and brushing it back . 

 

 

“ .  What have you done ?” she shouted inwards as her fingers dug deep in her hair and squeezed her head that is starting to hurt. She knows she could follow him  and start explaining herself but would that do her any good , no . The look on jaes face that she has caught was not something he could shake of by her simple explanation . He really did look shocked when the words came out of her lips but then again so was she . Knowing how much jae still feels guilty and holds himself back because of what he did how can she be this careless to bring it up . 

 

 

   “ .   .   Hyeon is that you? “ a familiar voice brought hyeon out of her thought and she slowly turned around to the direction of the voice to find lay standing beside her.

 

 

    “ .   .  What are you doing here?” lay asked after both just spent a couple of second starting at each other . When was the last time these two even saw each other  time really had changed things considering it was hyeon that looked like a million dollars now. Which was why lay couldn't believe when he was told jae came with her and the waiter pointed to this table. He had doubted the waiter as he startled walking this way , there was no way jae would bring another women to these things , had been lays thought as he didn't even consider for a second that this could be hyeon . Even Though he didn't get a good look at her face . But as he called her name and she looked up .   .  Baam.

 

 

    Would it be his fault that he had taken a step back as she turned facing him. How could she look this amazing?  

 

 

  “ .   .  I came with jae?” giving him a long overdue smile hyeon replied to a question lay doesn't even remember asking . He needs a minute or two . 

 

 

   “ .    .   How are you?” scanning him up and down quickly hyeon asked a question she already know the answers too . If His disheveled suit and messy hair weren't enough of an indication his pale skinny face and the dark circles under his eyes were enough . 

 

 

He looks sick . 

He looks tired.

He looks depressed.

 

 

“ .   .  What is jae doing here?” to avoid looking back t her sparkling eyes that were smiling at him along with her lips lay asked . 

 

 

  “ .   .   I don't know” hyeon replied . What has happened to lay?

 

 

“ .    .  He knows the family is coming right?” lay efforts to never see his family fight had always been one of those things she loved about him and to think that he is out here worrying about his grown family members being the same space that will lead to some fight was beyond adorable. There was nobody on this earth that live his family as lay does especially considering how much they don't even seem to appreciate him or acknowledge that he exists.

 

 

“ .    .  Where is he ?” lay quickly pulled his phone out . He might need to check how long till his mom arrives . What every minute that is he needs to use it to get jae out of this building .  

 

 

   “    .  He went to the bathroom”hyeon for a moment recalling why jae left the table replied . Her smile quickly faded .

 

 

   “ .    .  Am sure he knows , it's jae “ hyeon whispered in a defeated sounding voice. When has jae not known anything . Considering how he is always a step ahead of these people hyeon wouldn't be surprised he came here to start some havick.

 

 

    “ .    .   I know “ hanging up on the call that the other side wasn't picking lay let out a small smile hyeon was right it was jae , he probably knows. 

 

 

    “ .    .  Huh .  “ a small smile exchange followed by weird silence took over as both kept their thought to them selve trying to figure  out what to even say . Hyeon knew she could ask him how his job was going but from the looks of it and what she has heard she knows lay isn't enjoying his work so why bring it up. 

 

 

“ .   .    Huh .  “ another weird awkward smile exchange followed by silence. 

 

Whatever happens nor how ever long it takes hyeon had promised herself to fix the relationship between these two brothers and this moment was a small reminder as to why she had made that promise. His overworked eyes trying hard not to be caught looking at her hyeon , how could she not feel sorry and feel the little tug at her heart when she sees lay like this.

 

 

   “ .    .  Hows life?” after what felt like an hour long of silence but was infact a minute or two hyeon asked brushing her hair back , still not sure if that was a good question to ask lay.

 

 

   “  .   .  Huh. “ lay smiled at her question he leaned back and got the message the mn dressed in all black as whispering in his ear . 

 

 

  “ .    .   Text everybody there's a meeting in 3 hours at A “ lay unlike the man spoke his words loud enough that hyeon had heard them. She did not help but glance at he phone and rwae the time as she hared him say in 3 hours . Already eight p.m.  and lay is calling for a meeting t 11 p.m.

 

 

  “ .    .  And tell jessica to be there “ hyeon eyes couldn't help but look up startled as she heare her friend's name . 

 

 

  “ .   .  Or i'll kill her “ lay added before the man gave a small bow and left.

 

 

  “ .   Hows jessica?” eager to find out anything about the girl that got in trouble and disappeared hyeon asked. 

 

 

  “ .    .    Apart from never listening to me and dating some schmuck she seems alright” lay reaching out and pouring himself a wine replied. 

 

 

  “ .  .  I know” hyeon replied as she pushed the wine glace yacht was placed for her his way it would be easier for him to pour. Having never been impressed by the mne jessica dates hyeon could understand why lay would call jessica's new model boyfriend a schmuck. 

 

 

   “     .  Oh my god can i ask you something” hyeon almost jumped out of her seat . 

 

 

  “ .   .  What . “ even though  a bit scared as to what she might have to ask him about that she almost jumped of her seat lay replied as he 

 Stepped closer to the table and started pouring the wine into the glass. Considering how this is jae stable he knows this would be some fine wine , his brother had always ehad a great taste and loved wine. 

 

 

   “ .   .   What happened to the land ? “ her fingers intertwined and her hopeful eyes staring at him nervously hyeon waited for lays reply. 

  “ .    .   I think they have started demolition based on jaes plan “ taking a sip of his wine lay replied calming his heart down . He had thought it would be something really difficult that she would ask him about .

 

 

    “ .   Didn’t jae tell you . “ he took another sip

 

 

“ .    .   He made sure nobody touches that deal . He even assigned specialty team to take care of it before he left “ lay drank the whole glass in one breath. Hyeon who was confused if she should be mad that jae was just playing her or  happy that he made sure nobody touched the deal just stared at the way jae had walked away too a couple of minutes ago.

 

 

  “ .     .    Are you still on that land?” Lay smirked as he placed his glass down on the table. He remembers all those fights between his brother and hyeon about that damned land .   .    .   Those were the good old days , at least then he could walk into the company and see both hyeon And jae .

 

 

    “ .    .  I heard he spent nights with his team to draw a deal that the company can't go back on  and that was when you two were on abraka or whatever that whole thing was . “ lay gulped  down another glass of wine in one breath.

 

 

     “ .    .   There seems to be nothing that man won't do for you . “  bamm lay placed the wine glass down the table finally making hyeon aware of how much he has been drinking standing right nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter