can we eat first.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Back at her office after gulping down a double shot coffee and a nice lunch , hyeon couldn't be more ergised to finish of reading and summarizing all the pile of folder laid out on her desk . She misses her work for a half day and the table is almost covered up with folders.   .  .  Management report this .   .   .  Financial report that .    .   .  Press meeting this .   .  Conference that .  No matter how she like to think that she hates the job, it has become a routine to a point she even enjoys that the workload is just so much that she has no second to stop and think about anything else.

 

         

      Her earphones plugged to both ears and the music screaming as loud as possible it's no wonder she didn't even notice the heavy rain that's pouring down .   .   Creating its own music as it bangs against her window , accompanied by the loud thunderstorm .

 

    As she sat on her desk time went by from .   1p.m  to 2 to 3 .   .      As the non stop rain storms down . jessica dropping by now and then,  as she brings more paperwork but as though she is trying to bribe hyeon she places the folders along with  treat. for one,  a hot chocolate  with the flame still gazing out .

 

      Without even knowing it tuesday passed like that .   .  .  As hyeon got home at 9 , quick shower .   .  Dinner at her table ,eating the leftover from the kids  while reading the agenda meeting for tomorrow .   .   then she called it a night early at 12 and went to sleep hoping to wake up to a good day .

 

     Just like she tried avoiding even thinking about jae for the whole day yesterday  , wednesday was spent as hyeon waited for jae .   .   A drop by at the office .   .   A call .    .  An email .    .    .  A text .    .    .   But nothing came .  As listed in her schedule she spent the whole day following lay around the city from press conference to charity events . As always sitting in the background and letting her imaginations fly by and wonder around as to what jae is probably doing right now .  

 

          She probably have to be the one to  contact him now .   .   .  After what has happened, it doesn't seem like jae would even lift a finger to reach out to her  .   .   .  That angry face of his as he chased her to elevator is the only thing hyeon's mind could think of.  

 

  " .   .     .  What if he's really upset .  .  " she folded her arms

 

" .   .    .   Then what am i gonna do "

 

" .   .   .  Well getting something new always works for eun bi .   .

 

" .    .    .  Well he's not a  kid " she smiled at how ridiculous her thoughts are but then again he does act like  kid so he might actually be bought if she got him something .  But what do you get  guy who has it all .    .   . Hyeon brushed her hair back before she started squeezing her head . Her headache is back. Hyeon knows the longer she waits to bigger the problem is getting.   Time has never solved problems like this .   .   .  It just makes it even more serious .

 

       No Matter how hard hyeon tried to avoid that thought , wednesday went by as she wasted most of it thinking about how to get to jae . Just an apology doesn't seem like it would do .   .  As she has already used her apologies multiple time before .   .    .   And after not even calling him for two days she is sure he's probably pissed off to a point he won't even accept her calls.  

 

   

     " .   .    .  All you have to do is just say you're sorry and give him a kiss or two am sure that will work " was jessica's original advice when hyeon asked for what to do .  She then went on listing a dozen of ideas that hyeon has just smiled and brushed off as silly . Well even though what jessica have suggested all requires hyeon kissing jae or seducing him to a point he even forgets about how she has avoided him . Hyeon with her confidence and nerves that always seem to shake in front of hae is not even sure if she could stand that close to him let alone be bold enough to touch him .

 

       From  bowing down and apologising to getting him a gift there is nothing hyeon hasn't thought as she watched the day go by, getting even more nervous and pushing it aside for thursday .

 

         Unlike hyeon,  jae , even though he was upset that she didn't even try contacting him spend most of his time focused more on a serious issue . From moving his accounts around to secret banks with high security and privacy plans  to hiding every record he has from medical to any kind of arrest traffic tickets.   .   .  He needs to hide everything . Just getting his money into a secured link was enough of a head ache as he has to spend wednesday locked down at his lawyer's office .  , with joon and his accountant .  they don't even  focus and review everything attentively when they have to file for tax but now .   .   .  There is no major hole that they did not close before the madamas people use it to find about Jae.

 

    For the first time ever seeing the actual record of the cash money he has .   .  Which doesn't even come close to the amount of money his stocks will be if translated to cash.  With just one house and two cars under his name they have left one of his bank accounts with a couple of millions just so she won't get suspicious that he might have hidden all of it .

 

     He knows the first thing the madam will do is freeze his account .   .    .   Since her husband owns the bank she can just with one call to the bank's president freeze all jaes account . She has done it before .    .    .   Infact she has done it multiple times which is why jae learned a great lesson on sneaking out his money quickly and putting most of it in a secret bank that his parents would never even imagine off.

 

          From owning multiple houses that his parents aren't even aware of to stocking millions behind their back and buying shares .   .  Jae is the great businessman he is right now because of how cautious and smart his abusive parents have made him .  From the chief of police his quit acquainted with to the finance minister .   .   .  He didn't have to ask that many people for help to secure his accounts and hide it away .

 

    Jae knew they wont silently just let him quit but offering him the c.e.o.'.s position is what scared him of what they are planning .   .   ,  with the madam chasing after his accounts and his dad offering him his job , jae has to figure it out quickly what those two are planning .

 

       Is the company going bankrupt and they ate gonna frame him for it .    .    Or what ?         

 

        " .    .     .  I say give it a couple of weeks and see if they are really planning on giving you the job before you decide " the puppet lawyer advised as he passed the whisky bottle to jae , whos sitting on the floor admit the pile of paper laid out on the floor .

 

  

      " .    .     .   May be the old man is really dying and just wants a rest .   .   .  " joon started laughing .   Immediately choking up on his jajangmyeon that he slerped in .

 

    " .   .     .  I mean he's definitely not gonna hand it over to lay " the lawyer copying joon started laughing . sitting surrounded by paper with the beer bottles and whisky in the middle along with their jajangmyeon plates the three have slept here for the last two days .   .   .  Check ,  and checking to make sure everything is as they want it to be , they can't leave a single trace.

 

    " .   .    .  So when are we gonna get introduced to your girlfriend .  .  " the lawyer asked taking a sip of his beer.

 

  " .    .    .  Joon says you're quitting because of her too  he added , jae sharp eyes instantly glared at joon.

 

     " .   .     . Was that suppose to be a secret .  "

" .    .    .  Am sorry , i didn't think it was " joon went on eating.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter