shooting me would be . . . .

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

" .     .    ,   what is going on , it's about lay isn't it "  jessica pulled her sleeves up as if she ready to fight someone and sat down. having seen so many dramas and have heard of these type of family she could guess that the family might not be happy about him an hyeon.  

  

   " .    .   . No   no " hyeon brushed her hair back . Not knowing where and how to start she spent a couple of seconds stalling .

    " .   .   .  Me and jae .   .  "

 

" .   .   .  Who's  jae ?" Jessica asked a little bit confused why hyeon is bringing up somebody else .

  " .   .    .   Jae is

" .    .    .  He's the executive director " hyeon clenched her fingers as little by little a surprised and startled look is appearing on jessica's face .

   " .   .   .  Well he and i

 

 " .   .   .  Hold on , did you just call the executive director by his first name " jessica interrupted.

 

    " .    .     .   YOUR on first name bases with the executive director ?" Jessica asked folding her arms .  .   .  She's a bit confused by all of it now .

 

    " .   .   .  Ok then ,

“    .      .     .the executive director and i go back before i even started working here "  hyeon sighed .   .  With folded arms jessica just waited to hear it all .   .  .  

 

   " .   .   . I knew him as lays brother  before it all .   .   . "

" .   .   .  and we somehow had  very weird relationship" hyeon couldn't find a word  to describe their weird and somewhat peculiar interactions .  

 

   " .    .    .  I had to deal with him regarding the land to .   .   .  and in that time .    .   .  " hyeon couldn't finish her sentence she just raised her eyes from the table And looked at jessica .

 

   " .    .     .  what   .   .  " jessica glared back .

  " .    .    .    I don't know how to say this "hyeon sighed brushing her hair back as she fans her cheeks that seem to be getting hot, with her hand .

 

    " .    .     .  WELL JUST SAY IT “ getting impatient jessica asked throwing her hand up.

 

   " .    .    .  I was at his house last night " hyeon rather than stating  that she likes him or the fact that he likes her choose to just go the indirect way .

 

 " .   .  YOU WHAT ?" jessica screamed jumping up from her chair . hyeon didn’t reply  .     .    .she has to let the surprise sink in

 

 

   " .     .     .  WHY

“    .       .     . HOW ON EART .     . .

" .    .     .  WHY WOULD YOU GO TO HIS HOUSE ?"

 

" .   .     . DID YOU SLEEP THERE" jessica started walking around the room to calm herself down.  

" .    .     .  ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND "  she glared at hyeon .

 

  " .    .     .    THE EXCITING DIRECTORS " she brushed her hair back  , holding her head tightly . She needs a couple of minutes to swallow down what she just heard .

 

    " .     .     .  I need to sit down " helping herself with her right hand she sat back down on the couch . Now and then stealing glances at hyeon , jessica wasted a good 5 or so minutes in silence . Her brain could not even processed what she just heard . How on earth did these two even meet let alone spend the night together

 

 " .    .     .   So is it a one time thing or are you two .   .  

 

 " .   .    ,  are you two serious " she finally opened . Her clam state reliving the nervous hyeon , who not knowing how jessica would act was just sitting there hoping for the best .

   " .    .  .  Well i think it's serio .        .    .  "

 

" .    .      .  How did .   .  When did it happen ?" Jessica interrupted just the look on hyeon face was enough to let her know how serious this was.

 

   " .     .     .  You know he has a girlfriend right .    ?" Jessica glared at hyeon  .  .confused    .   .shocked  .     .   .upset  .     . .a lot of emotions going through her at the same time.

 

  " .    .  Well .   .     .  "

 

Bang bang - the knock on the door startled both as they immediately turned their eyes towards the door before jessica jumped up and opened it .

 

   " .    .    .  Management wants to see you " the guy walked in and handed hyeon the folder as he scanned jessica up and down , her annoyed face confusing him .

   " .     .      .   Now " he glared at hyeon walking out .

  " .    .   .  We'll talk later , i got go " hyeon ran out following the guy .

 

    As always she sat at her corner staring out into space when she's not playing on her phone as they went over whatever they were arguing about . Since most were staring at her having her phone was a great idea today . Looking at how many people are giving her a look it seems as though the whole building has heard about what happened yesterday .

 

 

     " .    .    .    How are you gonna treat me when they find out the truth " she looked up and scanned the men around her . They are already treating her like trash .   .   .  How worse could it get .

 

   " .      .     .   But if he quits how are they gonna know " she started weighing on options and ways they could find out if jae stops working here but right after that thought came the question why is jas quitting to begin with . From the looks of it he seems to be made for this job . She hasn't worked for him but having worked under lay and heating what everybody says about jae he seems to be the one that should inherit the c.e,o position . He is made for this job, nobody would doubt that .

 

       From all she has heard he has worked hard to even reach this position .    .    .  Had to prove himself over and over again unlike lay who swamps in and become the general manager . Even hyeon could see the open favoritism the parents show .but this one looks like more of a hate towards jae rather than favouring lay .

 

       For the months she has knows jae all the things aside the only thing she is certain of is he definitely has some issues with his family and seems to be only a certain people that know the whole story .

 

     " .     .    .   How bad of a childhood did he have ?" Hyeon went on trying to imagine a younger jae .  What he would have looked like .   .   .  If he still had his blank face back then .    .   .  What games did he like playing .      .   What movies he liked watching .      .       .   How he laughed , cried  .   

 

   Just the thought was enough to let her recognize how much she doesn't know the man that has above all things occupied her mind .   .      .   What's his hobby .     .    What does he like to eat .    .    .  What he doesn't like to eat .     .  What makes him laugh .    .   What makes him cry .     .  What upsets him .    .    .   all of it . Hyeon wants know all of it . If possible she would love to know every little bit of anything that has anything to do with jae.

 

   " .    .    .  Hahah " she laughed out loud for a second getting everybody's attention .   . She immediately covered and held in her smile waiting for them to go back to their conversation .  A week ago she was forcing herself not to even think about his name now she even is openly thinking about what would make jae happy .   .   .  Just the thought of his laughing putting a smile in her face .

 

      This has been the thing she has always been scared on . Somebody else dictating her emotions . She has been terrified of letting someone in but now that terrifying thought doesn't even seem to page her,  may be because it's jae . Just like her he’s another closed of person  . Even Though she's still terrified of handing him her heart which seems to be already in his hand she  feels ok with how much control he seems to be having over her emotions .

 

   " .    .    .   You , you're going to the expansion plan meeting tomorrow right ?" The managing chief rough voice woke hyeon up from her thought .

 

   " .    .    .  Yeah .   Yeah " she agreed the only thing she heard being meeting tomorrow .

 

   "   .    .    .   Good , i want you to get me a copy of the agenda after the meeting " he ordered as he stood up .

 

   " .   .   .  Sure " hyeon started organizing the paper she has laid out in front of her to look like she was doing something . Within a minute all the men left leaving hyeon behind as she pushed back the paper into the big folder picked her jacket and walked out .

 

      From one meeting to another hyeon spent the day running from floor to floor attending god knows what the meetings are about but as many as she can . With jae gone .   .  .   The c.e.o in china and lay in japan  .   .   .   Like all the work is laid onto the management team and hyeon is getting the shorter end of that stick .

 

         Forget eating, she didn't even have a second to talk with jessica. If today was bad then the next two day wore even worse as the whole shinwa deal was left under their shoulder and  as if she was his assistant the chief manger has been taking hyeon here and there driving across the city attending this and that , getting signatures from here and there .

 

    But by friday the c.e.o was back and  for the most part her work was placed back into the tall building but the ceo, arrival didn't stop her from running around from floor to floor .  One thing she has noticed in the building is that lay is just a face just as the c.e,o it's just that the c.e.o signature is more important than lay but it seems to be the management team that seems to be doing most of the work rather than the people with the title .   

 

       Jaes presence seem to be the only one that gives  the management team a break . Then again his head of the management .

 

      With the little gap she has been getting hyeon has been busy organizing the charity event for sunday .  

 

 

    With the park booked , dj scheduled .   .   .  artis,t vendors organized all she has left is getting the rest flyers and posting them around  town . even though they have been doing this chair every year this year they have even spent their own money to make it more awesome since they need more money . With the church out of funding and the youth center about to close they need all the money they can get.

 

   From ngos to governmental offices there are no doors heyon hasn't knocked to get funding but nothing . Everybody seems to be underfunded and even though promised she could even see a glimpse of the charity money jk spends let alone be in charge of it . She can't even take lay to the event to give it more exposure .

 

      Not just her even jessica has been pulled into this,  staying all up at night in the office contacting journalists and bloggers to attend the event but no help as all of them want to know who will be there . nobody  famous means no press .

 

       Sleep over at hyeons house   .    .  .another at jessicas house even jessica has been busy running around errand for the event rather than her actual job . Hyeon’s philanthropist behaviour is rubbing off on her and she rather than anybody seems to be happy to help with anything related to the cause .  From picking shirts for coordinators and volunteers to making the flyers and posters jessica has guaranteed her spot on the list of organizers .  

 

       With their relationship tightened just like jessica hyeon has in detail explained to jessica about everything .   .  . Seung and eun bi situation .   , her job .    .   .  But more of jae as jessica is to death curious about how hyeon ended up with the executive director . Still after much talk jessica is in daught .   .    .  Believing that jae and min ah are not a thing is easy but jae and hyeon .   She still not  convinced .

   

           " .    .   .  Are you sure he likes you sincerely?" Jessica has asked in so many occasions ,  hyeon liking jae might be debatable but at least it's believable since the man is just .   .  He's just perfect according to jessica, who bases her opinion on no actual knowledge of jae but just mere rumors .

 

      The executive director sincerely liking hyeon is a crazy story and jessica is not buying it . The man of that family are known to be womanizers and jessica's worried hyeon has already been caught is jaes webb and his playing her . Just like hyeon she's perplexed on why he would prefer hyeon to all the glamorous women surrounding him . It just doesn't make sense .

 

    " .    .     .  So tomorrow early morning your house " jessica asked as hyeon started stepping out of the car .

  " .    .     .   Yeah , come whatever time is fine for you " hyeon jumped out and started pulling all her bag And paper out of the car .

 

  " .   .    .  Ill try to be there around 11 or 12 , i have to sleep a little bit "  

    " .    .     .    Sure , i am gonna go and get the t shirts in the morning , so around 1 or 2 well go to the park and try to get everything ready " she closed the door .

 

       With bracelets and direction flyers still left to make hyeon and the kids stayed up till 1 making as many as they can before the kids knocked off .   .   2 cups of coffee in and hyeon stayed till 5 , the bright light coming through the window shocking her before she jumped into bed to wake up 3 hours later .

 

      Saturday was no fun , jessica came around 10:30 and they spent the rest of the day at the park , with about 50 volunteers showing up they had enough help to be able to order people around for the most physical stuff . From tents to bildu .   A stage to build , chairs to set up  .   .   Direction to put in , tabel to set up . As the hour goes by hyeon getting more stressed .   .  Everything needs to go well , if this doesn't raise enough money the youth center is gonna be closed down and that something hyeon is not willing to let happin .

 

    That center was her second home , the place she lived at after her mom died . Both the church and the youth center have done so much for hyeon that for her nothing she can do is enough of a pay back . But every year the fundraising seems to be raising less and less money but with the economy going downhill moat don't have enough money to give away .

 

      Even the city has confirmed for her it will be the last time they would reserve the park for the event for free .  .   .  After the protest and mr jung quitting his position as a council member she has nobody backing her up in the city council infact most have actually distant themselves away from her .  

 

   The protest has caused her so much more than she ever thought . From being listed on a black list at governmental hr offices to getting threats the councilmembers have done enough to intimidate hyeo to leave this place . It didn't take them much to figure out she probably was the head of the operation .   .   And with two council member kicked off after the review of the purchase plan some officials have a huge grudge against her .

 

   Mr jung and mr kim who own the hair shop across the street have advised hyeon to consider moving but she has insisted on staying . Leaving would mean abandonment she fought for this neighbourhood , she can't just abandon it after steringa fire .  She has a deep attachment with this place .   .  

 

The market , the long uphill walk she takes every morning .    .   The shop owner that she knows so well .   .   This is her place . It's the one thing she calles her own and the place she feels like she belongs .

        

            It's the reason she declined so many job offers and took the city council jon and the pro bono work at the civil center .    .    Its her way paying back the community that has raised her  . From the women in the market who use to give her free stuff to the restaurant owners who use to feed her for free  .   .   .  How can she abandon this place .

 

            " .    .    .  How many people do you think will show up ?" Jessica asked as they started walking back from the police station . They had to petition to get the cops to send in a stand by Ambulance and about 4 or 5 cops which coasted them 3,500 $ .  

 

    " .      .      .    Am not that sure about the people but i hope we will get our goal for the funding " hyeon brushed her hair back and brushed off her sweat with the sleeves . No lunch  .     .   no water break she is moments away from falling down .

 

     ".    .    .   Did you get enough last year ?"jessica started the car

 

  " .    .     .  No , we didn't even get 10 % . " hyeon pressed the down button and laid back closing her eyes . Her head is hurting .   .  Her back is hurting .     .     .  Her whole body is aching .

 

    " .    .      .  Well i hope we will get it " she started backing out.

 

    " .     .     .  I hope so too" hyeon said even though she knows they probably wouldn't even raise 10 % this year. How do other charities do it hyeon started wondering . Does celebrity endorsement help that much .   Are people that gullible to follow something just because a celebrity does .

 

      Just like she expected by 12p.m sunday  the whole park was packed with people but their funding website wasn't even close to 0,5 % and thore money bank that's going around is not even enough to consider  but then again the whole thing just started at 10 .

 

   

" .   .   .  Its sunday so most people will come later , that's why ?" Jessica has tried to cheer hyeon up . Walkie Talkie in her one hand , folder in another earpiece Hanging from her ear hyeon giving up on the money just focused all her energy on making the event perfect for the people that came.

 

    The line and line of people was evident enough how much the people love festivals .   .   .  Most are even spending money on buying from the souvenir store and the food trucks .   .   .  Which have promised part of their profit to the cause .

 

   " .    .    .  Here " jessica handed hyeon an ice cream cone and stood next to her . Ths local performers are getting ready on the stage.  

 

     " .   .   .  Can't believe it's almost 6 . Time flies by " jessica said after glancing at the schedule and noting the time for the band was at 6:30  but they have asked to be let on early to set up .

 

   " .    .   .  Did you know how much we raised ?" Jessica asked turning to hyeon who was busy taking of the tag and earpiece .  

 

   " .    .    .   No " hyeon smiled

 

  " .   .   ,  we have done everything we can and that's all one can ask for so .   .   .  " she threw the earpiece off . Even Though shes smiling the way she swung the earpiece says other wise .

 

   " .   .   .   I am tired and hungry so let's get something to eat and just enjoy the band " she gave jessica a big smile  this time a convincing smile . She was right they have done everything and with an empty stomach only filled with water  in this hot day they have ran around the park sweating their whole body off  who's gonna ask for more.

 

    " .   .  Guys , you know what just leave everything " hyeo  picked the walk talkie and announced to all the volunteers and the organizers .

 

  " .    .    .  Just go to the orange tent get your foods and water and come to the stage and justjust enjoy the show .   .   Stop everything else , let's let's just enjoy it.  over " she pressed it off .nobody even replied back or asked if it's a jock or not with most lf them tired one order from hyeon is what they needed .   .  Some pulling off their half cover with sweatshirts and started walking to the orange tent .  

 

          " .    .   .  This is all a donation so sorry if we don't have what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter