10:00 AM

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11:30 A.M.

         “ HUUH”. Hyeon sighed looking at her watch then back at the door. “I’m sure I said 10:00 a.m. ” she said to herself. Sitting with her arms folded, her legs crossed with the right one rocking up and down, anyone who looks at her can tell that Hyeon is frustrated and losing her patience as the minutes go by. With her usual look of a simple t-shirt that has a logo of one of the many organization she supports; matched to her ripped jeans and worn out sneaker topped with her messy hair with a pencil sticking out. she is not one of those girls that turn heads when they walk into a room or those who spend hours dressing up in front of their mirror every morning.

“ why even bother. I have better things to do” has always been her answer when people complain and ask about her carelessness towards her look.

     11:40 A.M

          She bites her lip, while her brain is battling whether to stay or leave.“ I have 25 minutes before my bus arrives so i’ll wait” she concludes “ It was my fault to begin with so i’ll wait”.  One of the many attributes she often gets from the few people who actually know her is that she is very punctual; probably one of the few positive comments she ever gets. Most of the time when people she work with ,down at the city hall, or the court described her it’s always she’s annoying, aggressive, determined, take no from no one type of girl.

       “ Sorry am’ late  . . . It was hard finding this place” He gave her a big smile while taking his jacket off and sitting in the chair in front of her.       

        11:45. she glanced at her watch and back up at the man sitting in front of her, who was still smiling. Leaning back with her arms still crossed she observed as the man flirtatiously ordered an iced tea. wearing a light blue two piece suit that looks custom tailored , one of those expensive watch and a pair of  Channel glass that he threw on the table. This guy is probably one of those rich brats who spend their time wasting daddy's money and won't have any value for time, she thought to herself.

      “ you could have called or texted me and we could have rescheduled ”

     “ You didn’t give me your number” he smiled at the waitress who brought him his tea. His smile seems to work as always, as the waitresses cheek's turned light pink and she started acting shy and stared at him for a good 5 seconds before she started walking backwards. Surprised, by the waitresses change is reaction hyeon gave her a quick look of amazement.

         “ you seem to be pretty upset. . . Again, i’m sorry. It was really hard to navigate” he took a sip and looked up, giving her one of his famous similes.

         “ It’s right next to the city hall in the middle of the city. how does it take you over an hour to find it?” she asked, with the serious face she has had from the moment he walked in. unaffected by his smile that showcased his perfect teeth and the y dimples lying on both side of his perfect face.

           “ well, I’m not from here. I just flew in yesterday from  . . .”

          “ It doesn't matter and i don’t have time so let’s get this over with” she cut his speech short and turned around towards her bag.

           Surprised by her attitude he sat back and crossed his arms to have a better view at the women sitting in front of him.

 “ I’m thankful that you agreed to settle rather than suing me  . . .so did you get a quote ?” she turned back around with a pen and paper and started scribbling something. After spending the time it took her to find a pen to evaluate the women in front of him. He can’t help but wonder what she does for a living that she looks like this on a tuesday morning.

        “ Are you a student?” he asked looking at the pencil sticking out of her messy hair and her unorganized bag which is now laying on table, filled with papers.

       “ No, so did you get a quote?”

       “ What do you do then?”

       “ I don’t think that matters . . . what’s the price?”

       “ Do you work at the club? you seemed to know your way around. Are you one of those girl that have the ‘I work at clubs to pay for tuition’ story ”

        She sighed and looked up to find him staring at her . “ Like I said, I’ m not a student nor do I work at the club. not that any of it is your business”

       “ you just look like that type”  He took a sip

      “ I will take that as a compliment now can we talk about the price” she looked down at the paper waiting for him to say a number.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter