Chapter 9

Make Your Move

Author's note: Since it's hard to imagine songs we don't know, I've decided to borrow real songs and just pretend that they are The Strings'. All songs belong to their owners and composers. Copyright infringement not intended.

"You sound great, guys! You are really ready for debut!" said the music producer over the recording booth. "Now go home and take a rest. It's your big day tomorrow." he continued with a smile.

"Thank you sir!" the group bowed. 

"Guys! This is really it! D-day has come!" shouted Minho.

"I feel so excited now but I think I'm gonna faint on stage tomorrow. Please catch me if I do." said Key.

"Don't you ever do that!" warned Onew.

"Guys, c'mon... We've performed in front of a crowd before, it will be just the same." said Jonghyun

"But this one is different," Taemin pointed out. "Tomorrow, we will be in front of people, maybe idols and other artists, and it will be shown on TV!" 

"Just relax guys. We can do this. I am nervous myself but this is our dream... we worked so hard to get it, so let's grab it." Amber said encouraging her members. "Tomorrow, the moment we step up on stage, just imagine that we are in our garage. Just relax. We got this."

 

KBS Music Bank

"And now from SM Entertainment, a new group will be launched. Ladies and gentlemen, let's all welcome, The Strings."

Back stage

"Remember, we are in our garage." all members nodded at Amber.

The stage is completely dark, then a sound of a lead guitar broke in. Drums gave out a beat... then

(A/N: The song is She's Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer. I chose this song because the rhythm is upbeat and catchy which I think is perfect for debut.)

"Hey, hey, hey, hey (7x)"

The crowd instantly grew wild as a dim light lit the stage showing the members' silhouette. 

Onew started.

"Simmer down, simmer down
They say we're too young now to amount to anything else
But look around
We worked too damn hard for this just to give it up now
If you don't swim, you'll drown
But don't move, honey"

Girls shouted as the members' faces were revealed. 

"They're so handsome!" said a girl.

"What are their names?! They're so cool!!" said another.

Then it is now Amber's turn for the chorus.

"You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear

And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down
"

The rest of the members joined in.
"Hey, hey!
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey"

The crowd cheered at the their performance! They obviously love them! After the song, the members bowed and greeted the audience before heading again back stage.

"I told you they'll love you." a certain voice said catching the attention of Amber and the boys.

"Krystal!!!" The boys shouted giving the girl a shock.

"Did we really do well?" asked Taemin.

"How did we look? Did we sound okay?" asked Minho.

Krystal was bombarded with questions. Before she could answer, she heard someone call her name.

"Who are they?" asked Victoria. Then Sulli and Luna followed behind.

"Oh Vic Umma, these are my friends: Taemin, Jonghyun, Onew, Minho, Key, and Amber." Krystal said with a smile.

The group bowed to the girls. All boys were amazed because f(x) was in front of them. 

"So you're the newly launched group?" Luna asked.

"Yes, we are noona." said Taemin not forgetting his honorifics.

"So how did you know them Soojung?" Sulli asked throwing a look at Krystal.

"Well... remember that day when I ditched our Music Bank special stage?" recalled Krystal. "They're the ones who took me."

"What?! They took you?!" Victoria suddenly got furious. She was about to attack the boys who hid themselves behind Krystal.

"No Umma it's not like that!" Krystal said quickly. "It's more of uhm... I dragged them with me." confessed Krystal.

"Yes! That's what happened!" Key cried but suddenly lowered his head when Luna shot him a glare.

"They didn't do anything bad to me. Actually, they really treated me well." Krystal admitted shyly.

"Well then, we owe you guys a lot. As a thank you for taking care of Soojung, I am inviting you guys to have dinner with us at our dormitory."

"Really? Thank you very much!" said Jonghyun.

"Hey Amber, why are you quiet?" asked Onew. They looked towards Amber's direction. She feels really shy with the girls.

"Oh, she's just starstruck." said Key. "She loves your group very much. She watches all your videos every night."

"SHE?" all the girls said.

"Yes noona, I'm a girl."

"But you look like a boy."

"SHE GETS THAT A LOT." exclaimed the boys once again.

"That's exactly what they told me." Krystal said all of them laughed. After the conversation, the boys rode the girls' van and went to their dorm.

 

Author's note: At last, the debut we've all been waiting for. What do you think, guys? Comment your thoughts please <3