Chapter 8

Make Your Move

"Look at that girl. She said that she'd call me but until now, nothing. What kind of fan is she?" Krystal mumbled to herself while lying in bed. "If I were her and an idol gave me her number, I would call her non-stop!" Krystal continued. "How can she say that she likes me a lot? Liar. But I saw her room, she undeniably likes me. If so, why isn't she doing anything?! This is getting annoying."

Krystal has been awake for an hour now but she just stayed in bed. Thoughts about a certain person kept bugging her mind.

"But why am I feeling like this? It's not like she should call me once she said so. And why am I waiting? Grrr!" Krystal slapped her beautiful face. "Maybe she's just busy because of their live demo. Hmp. Enough Krystal." Krystal told herself.

"Soojungie! Soojungie!" Krystal heard Victoria's voice outside the door. "It's time for breakfast! Hurry up and come down now!"

"Yes Umma!' Krystal replied. "Time to go Soojung."

f(x) needed to practice their dance for Airplane today so they immediately went to SM building after breakfast. After two rounds of practice, their instructor gave them time to rest.

"30 minutes guys!" said the instructor.

"Thank you oppa." chorused the four. Krystal decided to go to the wash room to freshen herself up. 

"Hey, Sulli. I heard that Mr. Sooman is planning to launch a new group." said Luna before gulping a mouthful of water.

"Really? Is it a boy band or a girl band?" asked Sulli while wiping her sweaty face with a towel.

"I am not sure but it is not an idol group" answered Luna.

Krystal came back catching up with the conversation.

"Then what kind of group is it?" inquired Victoria.

"They said it is like a rock band."

"Wow! It is the first time for this company to launch something like that."

Hearing what her members are talking about. Krystal can't help but to sulk. 

"They really got in and she never told me?!" Krystal said in her thoughts. Her phone interrupted her mental sulking. She looked at the screen and saw Amber's name. She tried to compose herself first before answering.

"Hello." answered Krystal in her not-so-interested voice.

"Hi Krystal!" Amber said happily.

"Why did you call?" Krystal is still in her unhappy tone. 

"Are you in SM Ent. right now? I was just wondering if I could visit you."

"Yes I am but I am in a middle of a rehearsal."

"Oh I am sorry. Then maybe next time when you're free."

"Yeah. Gotta go Amber." then Krystal ended the call.

Krystal went back to rehearsal in a bad mood but she didn't show her members. Amber on the other hand was confused by the cold treatment Krystal gave her.

"Did I do anything wrong?" she asked herself. She then headed to the music studio that Mr. Lee gave their band to practice in.

 

At the studio

"There you are Am! Where have you been? asked Key. "Mr. Sooman said that we should prepare a really good song for our debut." 

"Yeah. What song should we perform Am?" added Minho.

"Something catchy. It should make the audience remember us on our first day." Onew said while twirling the mic chord with his hands.

"Let's see the music pad. It should be an original song since it's our debut. We have to introduce our band, our music." said Jonghyun making his way to the sofa.

"Hmm... I think we have the perfect song for our debut." Amber said while scanning the music pad.

"What what?" Taemin asked excitedly.

Amber just gave her members a smile while pointing at the pad. The members gave one another a nod agreeing with Amber and happily went to their positions. 

 

Krystal's POV

"Luna unnie, may I borrow your cozy socks?" Sulli asked while walking half way to Luna's room.

"Yes! Take anything you want except the green one. That's my favorite." Luna answered in a loud voice since she is the bathroom washing her face.

Sulli went to Krystal's room. She does this every night. She would stay there until it's time for bed.

"Why are you so quiet Soojung?" asked the tall girl.

"Hmm? I'm not. I'm usually like this." said Krystal while busily reading a fashion magazine.

"No, I think not. Is something bothering you?" Sulli asked again sensing there's something different about her bestfriend.

"Nothing's bothering me. I'm just tired, that's all." Krystal shortly replied.

Sulli just got herself something to read and made herself comfortable on the bed. Suddenly, Krystal phone rang. Krystal glanced at her phone but just ignored it. It was ringing a few times already but she didn't bother to answer. 

"Soojung, your phone is ringing." said Sulli.

"Yeah I know." Krystal answered coldly.

"If you won't answer it, I will." Sulli said. Sulli was about to snatch the phone but Krystal reacted quickly. She finally touched the green button.

"Hello." 

"Took you long enough."

"Why?" Krystal asked making an annoyed tone.

"Would you like to eat cupcakes tonight?"

Krystal gave up. She can't keep herself annoyed with that person for too long. 

"Why? Would you bring me some?" Krystal asked playfully.

"I already brought some. All you have to do is get them."

Krystal's mood suddenly lightened up. She quickly wore her slippers, put on her cap and headed to the door.

"Where are you going?" Sulli said confused.

"Outside!" Krystal shouted.

Krystal saw Amber showing a grin while holding up a small box. 

"Hi. How are you?" Amber asked. "I bet you're tired so I bought you these." Amber held the box towards Krystal.

"Wow! Mango cupcakes? My favorite!' Krystal exclaimed.

"I know." Amber said doing a hair flip with her short hair. Krystal laughed and pointed to the steps. The two sat there again and talked.

"So, Mr. Sooman liked your live demo." Krystal said which made Amber surprised.

"You already know?" Amber asked shyly.

"Yeah, my members heard about it and you didn't even tell me." Krystal said.

"I'm sorry. I was planning to tell you that night but the guys and I celebrated a little. When we got home, it was already late.I wanted to call you but I thought you were already sleeping. Sorry." Amber said apologetically. "Wait, is that why you treated me so coldy this morning?" Amber said jokingly.

"I don't know what you're saying." Krystal answered defending herself. 

"Haha. Whatever Krystal Jung." said Amber. The two became quiet again and it was getting awkward so Amber broke the silence.

"I hope the audience will like us." 

"Don't worry. I've heard your band play already and I liked it. They will like you too." said Krystal reassuringly.

The night is growing deeper so the two decided to part.

"I'll go now Krystal"

"Okay, thanks for the cupcakes."

The two didn't know how to bid each other good bye. Seeing Amber is acting awkwardly, Krystal made the first move and gave Amber a light hug. Amber was surprised but she hugged back. 

"Good luck Amber. Fighting!" Krystal whispered.

"Thanks." Amber whispered back.

They broke the hug and Krystal went in the dorm. Amber stared at the door then walked a way with a smile. She can't believe that she would be this close to Krystal. Before, she was just watching her videos, imagining what it's like to talk to her. But now, they are friends. She can't believe all the good things that are happening to her right now. Amber can only be thankful.

 

 

Author's note: Hihi... how do you like this chapter dear readers? please comment your thoughts and thank you for subscribing! <3