Chapter 30

Make Your Move

Krystal's POV

So Amber and I are planning to tell my parents about our relationship. Well, she's right, our parents should know but I don't know why I feel uneasy about it. When she had lunch at our place, my parents treated her well and they even sang with us. Maybe I'm just overthinking, right? I should call mom to tell her about this.

*phone ringing*

"Hello sweetie~"

"Hi mom~"

"Why did you call all of a sudden?"

"Uhm... because I'm coming home this weekend."

"Really? Wow! But why?"

"Because, I need to tell you and dad something."

"Then why don't you just say it now?"

"I think it would be better if I'll tell you guys personally" Oh mom please stop asking questions.

"Soojungie, you're making me nervous. C'mon say it already."

"Okay, but just you. Please don't tell dad yet."

"Alright alright... "

"It's about me and Amber, mom." 

"Uhuhm... continue..."

"Amber and I are together..."

"Together?"

"Yeah... we're a couple..."

"A couple?" I think mom is playing tricks on me.

"Mom... Amber and I are a couple. She's my girlfriend. I'm her girlfriend. A couple." Mom why do you make things so difficult to explain? -_-

"Oh... that kind of couple." Mom said in a sing song tone. "Since when?"

"We already celebrated our 100 days last week. Mom, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you earlier..." There was a short silence before she spoke.

"Well I thought you guys were already together when she visited on Chuseok. Hihi.."

"What? You thought?"

"Yes! All those glances you give each other and the way you treat each other, I knew there was something... You can't keep anything from me honey. Hihi"

"Oh mom!" What a relief. Then it's just dad on Saturday. "Mom, I will be the one to tell dad, okay?"

"Okay my baby."

"Thanks mom. I love you. See you this Friday!"

"Okay! I love you too honey!" 

 

FRIDAY NIGHT

"Dad, Amber will come here tomorrow." I told my old man while he's busy reading his favorite novel.

"Amber? The boyish girl who ate lunch here with us?" asked dad.

"Ye..yes.." I stuttered.

"Why?" Oh no, the never ending why's of fathers.

"Uhm... because... just because..." I said trying to get out of this situation.

"Huh?" said dad obviously confused. I just hugged him. 

"Dad, just... Amber will be here tomorrow... okay?" I hugged him tighter.

"Oh okay okay I can't breathe anymore. My little princess grew strong, didn't she?" chuckled dad. I nodded and smiled at him.

"Good night dad!" I said and stood up from the couch.

 

SATURDAY

Amber's POV

I'm just a few houses away from the Jungs. I can do this. I can do this.

*dingdong*

The door opened and I was greeted by auntie.

"Good afternoon auntie." 

"Good afternoon Amber." Auntie said with a bright smile.

"Just take a seat and Krystal will be here in a moment."

"Uhm... auntie, actually I'm here to talk with you and uncle." I said making her stop on her tracks.

"Hmm.. you seem serious..."

"Yes auntie." I said with a smile

"Okay, let me get my husband." she said and I waited in the living room. After a few minutes, I saw two figures walking towards me and I instinctively stood up.

"So Amber, what brings you here?" asked uncle. 

"Good afternoon uncle. I just wanted to talk to you and auntie about something."

"Well then, shoot." said uncle while taking a seat. I sat down maintaining a straight posture.

"Uhm... uh... uncle, auntie... uhm.." How should start this.

"You're sweating Amber. Do you feel hot?" asked auntie worriedly. I feel so nervous but I really have to do this now. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"Uncle, auntie, I want to ask for your blessing. I.. I love your daughter so much and I just want our relationship to be open with you." I said looking at their eyes. They just stayed silent, trying to decipher what I just said. I was hoping for the worst. Of course our first meeting was good because at that time, Krystal and I were just friends but now, here I am telling them that their daughter and I are in a relationship. I think it is a little shocking for them. Suddenly, uncle's voice caught my attention.

"I want to have a word with you in private." said uncle in a very serious manner. He stood up and walked towards the balcony. I swallowed an invisible lump in my throat and followed him. We are now standing outside and uncle just stared at the sky.

"Amber, Soojung is my little princess." started uncle and changed his gaze towards me. I looked at him intently.

"I have never thought that this day would come, when someone would be here asking for my permission to date my daughter." he continued. I don't have any idea where this conversation is going.

"And now that you're my daughter's girlfriend, I want you to promise me one thing."

"What's that uncle?" I asked nervously.

"Never make her cry." I just stared at him. Did I hear him right? Noticing my questioned expression, he smiled at me and patted my shoulder.

"You're okay Amber." he continued. "I know you'll be good for Soojung since that day you came here. Take care of my daughter, okay?" he said making my lips curve up.

"Yes sir, you can count on that." After that, uncle and I decided to go in but he whispered something to me which made me chuckle. We saw auntie and Krystal seated on the sofa. Krystal quickly stood up and approached uncle. Uncle gave her a serious, almost angry look, then placed his hands on his waist. I just stayed behind wearing a very sad look. Krystal eyed her father again now looking more nervous.

"Dad?" All of us were quiet. Auntie and Krystal are anticipating what uncle is going to say when suddenly...

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're faces are so funny, right Amber?" asked uncle while looking at me. I laughed with him and the ladies in front of us were completely dumb-founded.

"Dad? Amber? What's going on?" asked the frustrated Krystal Jung. Uncle came near me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"We were just messing with you two. Haha!" what he said made the two frown.

"Honey! Stop laughing!" shouted auntie and uncle and I just shut our mouths instantly. Uncle is scared of auntie? Hihi.

"Yeah dad! It's not funny. I almost had a heart attack and you will just come here joking around. Hmp." said baby Jung crossing her arms.

"Aigoo... my princess is acting cutely so Amber will hug her..." said uncle that it made me giggle. He is really funny. Krystal glared at me and I immediately changed my happy face into an expressionless one.

"Hey... that's not how you should treat your girlfriend." said uncle and Krystal could only keep hang open.

 

Krystal's POV

I can't believe dad is on Amber's side. What's wrong with this old man? But wait, if they already talked, so Amber already told everything, and dad is laughing like a mad man, it means that Amber and I are really okay, right?

"You said girlfriend?" I asked pointing at him out of disbelief.

"Why? She is your girlfriend right?"

"B..but... so.. we're okay?" I asked just to be sure. Dad nodded his head cutely.

"Yey!" I exclaimed giving daddy a bear hug. Mom and Amber laughed at my silly action but I don't care, I'm so happy!!!!

"Woah sweet heart! Haha!" said dad while supporting my weight.

"I love you dad. Thank you." I muttered and kissed him on the cheek.

"I love you my baby princess." he kissed my forehead. "And you..." dad said and looked at Amber's direction. He gestured Amber to come closer to us. "Thank you for asking for our blessing. It means a lot to us." dad said with a smile. 

"And thank you sir, for accepting and supporting us." Amber said. I can't be any happier.

"Group hug!!!" shouted mom and all of us locked ourselves in an embrace.

"Wait wait, selca!" said dad and placed his phone in front of us. The smiles on our faces are truly genuine. I have the best parents in the world.

After all the hugging and selca taking, it was Amber's time to go home.

"Where will you stay Amber?" asked mom.

"Oh in my city... I wanna see my mom tonight." she answered with a smile.

"Do you want us to drive you there?" asked my very thoughtful dad.

"Oh no it's okay uncle. My driver will pick me up." she said politely.

"Play us a song first while waiting." said dad again and mom excitedly insisted. All of us sang while waiting and I can see how my parents are so welcoming towards Amber. We enjoyed until we heard a car honking outside.

"Oh I think my driver is here." said Amber. "Thank you, uncle and auntie for your time." she said then bowed to my parents.

"Anytime." my parents said with a warm smile. They waved Amber goodbye and like before, I went outside with her.

"See, everything went well." said Amber.

"What did you and dad talk about?" I was really curious about what happened in that mysterious balcony. 

"It's a secret." she said sticking her tongue out.

"Hey!" I exclaimed and hit her arm.

"Haha! Okay okay.. he just told me to take care of you and never make you cry because you are his little princess."

"And what did you say?"

"I said he can surely count on that." Amber showed me her dorky grin. I love this girl so much that I just hugged her not caring if my parents could see us or not. Amber was surprised and immediately pulled away.

"Princess, they might see us." Amber hissed.

"Why? They already know and what's wrong with a hug?" I said feeling slightly annoyed.

"But... I'm just..."

"Fine, if don't wanna hug me then don't. Just go home." I said turning my back on her and started walking away.

"Princess..." Amber sighed. Of course she hates it when I'm mad. I faced her again and saw her sad pouty look but I just stared at her.

"What?" I said coldly.

"Let's not end this day like this." she said in a pleading tone. She just stretched her arms sideways. No matter what I do, I really can't stay mad at her for too long. I hurriedly walked back to her and hugged her tight. She smiled and hugged me back.

"I love you princess. Good night."

"I love you too Amber." We pulled away and waved good bye. She rode in her car and I walked towards our front door. When I came in, I saw my parents looking weirdly at me with suppressed smiles on their lips.

"Aigoo... our Soojungie... so childish... you got angry because of a hug?" mom said giggling.

"I think she likes Amber's hug so much~" teased dad.

"Oh my gosh! You were sneaking?!" My parents just laughed. Seriously?

"I'm going to bed now. Good night guys." I sprinted up the stairs while their giggles are still echoing in the living room. Parents. -_-

 

Author's note: Hmm... what do you guys think? Is is too much or boring? Have a great weekend everyone!