Chapter 66

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

"Wow! You're here, too!" I said. "It's been a long time since we last talked, right?"

"Yeah! How are you? You're an idol now huh?"

"I'm good!" I felt Krystal grab my hand so Iooked at her. Her gaze was meaningful, saying that she's clueless about the girl in front of us which made me mentally slap myself. "Oh Shannon, this is Krystal. She's my - "

"Girlfriend. I know." said Shannon. She extended her hand towards Krystal and they shook hands. "Nice to meet you, Krystal." Shannon gave a smile.

"Nice to meet you, too." Krystal replied with the same smile. There was silence after that. It feels so awkward but I don't know why. I looked at Krystal's expression and she seems fine. I then looked at Shannon. When she met my gaze, she smiled a little then looked away. What does that mean?

"Uh guys, I think we better go now. Don't you feel cold?" said Jackie.

"Ah yeah, come on." Krystal and I helped our guests with their baggage. "By the way, where will you be staying?" I asked while looking at my childhood friend.

"In a hotel across the park." she answered.

"Then we'll just take you there."

"No, I could take a cab."

"Come on Shannon, let us drive you there. It's on the way so no big deal/." I insisted.

"Oh, okay." she said then glanced at Krytsal who gave a polite nod. We loaded the baggage in the trunk and drove off.

 

Jackie'S POV

Shannon and I were seated at the back and I swear I caught her staring at Amber and Krystal's linked hands. I know that she had a thing for Amber before but why do I feel like she's still into her after so many years?

"Hey Jack, do you guys want to grab something to eat before going home?" I heard Amber ask which cut my thoughts.

"How about coffee?" I said.

"Okay, coffee sounds good." said Shannon.

"Hey sister-in-law, why are you so quiet? Sleepy?"

"Oh no... I'm okay." she said and giggled. "How was your flight?"

"It was good. Shannon and I weren't too tired because the service was good and the seats are really comfortable."

"So how long will you stay?" It was Amber's turn to ask.

"Just a couple of weeks. The most will be two." answered Shannon.

"Then perfect! Krystal and I could hang out with you guys, right Princess?"

"Yeah. We'll tour you around Seoul."

"Thanks sis-in-law!" When Krystal said that, Amber pulled Krystal towards her and pecked the latter on the cheek. And again, I saw Shannon look away. Confirmed. She's still into my sister. Oh no...

We went inside a coffee shop and my sister and Krystal are acting so sweet towards each other. It makes me smile seeing them so comfortable acting like this in public. They were looking through the cake shelf and would playfully poke each other's cheeks. They really look so cute.

I heard someone sigh beside me. Oh right, I forgot someone's heart is breaking because of the lovebirds in front of us but I pretended not to notice.

"What will you have?" I asked my blond-haired friend.

"Coffee. Black." she said with a tint of bitterness.

"Okay... but will you be able to sleep?" I joked.

"Yeah don't worry~” she replied. We gave our orders and went to where the couple is.

“Hey Jack, did you order for to go or for here?” I heard Amber say.

“Let’s just eat them here. We aren’t that tired. Unless you and Krystal are already sleepy them we’ll go.”

“Yeah, are you guys still okay?” asked Shannon.

“Yup! Krystal and I had time to sleep.” Said Amber as she pulled Krystal into a hug.

“Yes, we rested so we still have energy at this time.” Added Krystal.

We spent a few minutes in the café catching up with our lives and I could really see how in love Amber and Krystal are with each other. But whenever the two would act sweet, I discreetly glance at Shannon and see her eyes stray away from the couple. Sorry Shannon, Amber already has her princess.

After finishing our drinks, we drove to the hotel where Shannon has checked in.

“Thank you for dropping me here.” Said Shannon.

“No problem!” said Amber. “Let’s hang-out tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay. Thanks again. Thank you, Jack. Thank you, Krystal.”

“You’re welcome.” Replied sis-in-law and the three of us hopped in the car and drove off.

“Jack, why did Shannon decide to take a vacation here?”

“Uhm I don’t know. Even I was surprised when she told me she’ll come along.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. She asked me where I’ll be spending Christmas and when I told her I’d come here, she bought a ticket right away.”

“Does she know anyone here other than you guys?”

“No, I don’t think so…”

“Hmm… then we should just invite her often, right Am?”

“Yeah~ I think that’s a good idea.” No Amber, maybe not.

 

Krystal’s POV

When we arrived at auntie’s house, Jackie told us to go up to Amber’s room so we could rest. It’s nice to finally meet her in person. I should call Jessica unnie too so all of us can finally spend time together.

Then I remembered Shannon. She seems nice. I hope we can be good friends.

“Hey princess.” called Amber as she came out of the bathroom. “Ready to sleep?” I nodded.

“I was just waiting for you.” She lay beside me and I immediately cuddled close to her. “Am?”

“Hmm?”

“How did you meet Shannon?”

“Mm… when we were younger, maybe I was still in middle school, we would go to L.A. for vacation because of our grandparents. Shannon lives across the street. Her parents and our grandparents are friends that’s why we play together.”

“Really? What games did you play?”

“Uh… hide and seek, tag, we also ride our bicycles sometimes.”

“Sounds fun~”

“Yeah it was~”

“I bet you miss those moments.”

“I do but it doesn’t make me sad when I remember those because they were happy times… but I do miss being a kid…” she said and hugged me tighter.

“I really wished I met you earlier, like growing up together making those memories… because for me, those moments are the most memorable.”

“Me too, princess… but what we have now will always be memorable for me. Every single day with you is worth remembering.” She said and kissed my forehead.

“Same here, Am.” We stayed in the position as we fell asleep.

The next morning, Amber and I offered Jackie and Shannon to roam around the area after breakfast.

“So Jackie, how are grandma and grandpa doing?” asked auntie.

“There are okay, mom. They still bicker at times but you know how much they love each other.” Answered Jackie.

“Sam old couple.” Commented auntie with a chuckle.

“Amdork, where could we go?”

“Do you really need to put ‘dork’ next to my name, Jack?” asked my girlfriend jokingly while the rest of us laugh.

“Why? I always call dork. In fact, I have worse nicknames for you before, wanna let Krystal hear them?” Jackie teased.

“Don’t you dare!” warned Amber.

“Hey kids! Stop that before you hit each other~” exclaimed auntie in a funny manner. “You know Krystal, if you don’t stop them, they will continue until one of them cries.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Mom!” The llama sisters opposed at the same time.

“Why? It’s true!” said auntie. “Don’t mind them honey. Come on, let’s go to the living room and watch TV. Kids, take care of the dishes and no fighting!” I heard both of them groan as auntie dragged me out of the dining area while giggling. The Lius are extremely funny!

 

Amber’s POV

Jackie and I are here in the kitchen doing the dishes. I guess no matter how old and famous you are, in your mom’s eyes you are still her child and chores will always be chores.

“Hey, how’s Krystal?” nudged Jack.

“She’s okay… healthy and lively like always…”

“No, I mean how is she as a girlfriend?”

“Oh… She’s amazing Jack.”

“Wow… why so?”

“Because she does things that I didn’t expect she would do. Before, when I was just her fan, I like her but I didn’t know her true personality. All I know is she has this mask on because that’s her way of protecting herself, but on that day she dragged me with her and spent the whole day with me and the guys, I immediately felt who she is and she hasn’t changed a bit. She is not perfect, I mean she’s sometimes grumpy, jealous and childish but that’s just normal, right? There are still more reasons why I should love her.

“Ooh… you’re so cheesy but in a good way. I can feel the love you have for her and I can see that she loves you the same.”

“Thanks, Jack.” I gave my sister a smile.

“Isn’t it strange that we’re talking about serious stuff? Haha!”

“Yeah! I guess we’re really grown-ups now.”

“True! Well we’ve been away from each other and it’s nice to catch up with what’s going on with our lives since we miss out a lot of things when we’re apart.

“Right! I’m really happy you’re here big sis! Christmas is extra special when you’re here!”

“Dorky dork dork!” she said and gave me a headlock. “Guess you missed me that much, eh?”

“Ouch! Oh let go!” struggled freeing myself.

“Are you girls fighting?!” we heard mom’s faint voice from the living room.

“No we’re just playing! Exclaimed Jack.

“Yeah we’re okay! Don’t worry!” I added. “Evil sister!” I said looking at Jack. She stuck her tongue which made us burst out laughing. I missed playing with her.

“Where are you guys taking us by the way?”

“Hmm… since Krystal and I already went to the market yesterday, why don’t we try the ski resort?”

“Oh wow! I’d love to go skiing!”

“Perfect! Let’s get this done so we could go!”

“Alright!”

“And call Shannon up so she could be ready.”

“Got it!”

A few minutes later, all of us except mom got in the car and drove to Shannon’s hotel.

“Hey guys!” greeted Shannon.

“Hi” chorused us three.

“I think it’s a really good day for skiing~” the blond girl said as she got on the car. “Hi, Krystal~”

“Hey! How was your sleep?”

“Really good! Though jet-lag still has me like this like a zombie.”

“Haha! Oh I know how that feels…” the two continued talking throughout our drive and it makes me happy that Krystal gets along well with my childhood friend.

After quite a long drive, we finally reached the resort and the girls excitedly got off the car and ran to the entrance while my princess waited for me the held my hand before dragging me with her.

“You really like dragging me like this.” I said jokingly which made her chuckle.

“Why? Do you want me to drag someone else?” she teased.

“I’m the only one you could drag like this.”

“Right! You should be honored!”

“Haha! Of course your highness!”

 

Shannon’s POV

Jackie and I ran towards the entrance because of excitement. When I looked back, Amber and Krystal are behind us with linked hands and smiled on their faces. They look so happy… How I envy Krystal. She’s so lucky Amber loves her. I guess I came too late.

“Why the long face, blondie?” I heard Jackie say.

“Mm? Nothing…”

“Really?” I looked at her and took a deep breath.

“Jack, can you keep a secret?”

“Yeah sure. What’s up?”

“You know, since we were little… I sort of have this feeling for…” I stopped. I can’t believe I’m saying this.

“For?”

“Sigh… you see… it started when we’re in middle school… I can’t explain why I feel this way… I know I shouldn’t… but… ugh…”

“It’s better if you just say it…”

“Alright alright…” I took a deep breath again. “Jackie, I… I like…”

“You like Amber.”

“Wha?” I feel like I was hit by a snowball. “How did you know?”

“You’re a little too obvious missy…”

“I am! Oh my gosh!”

“Hold up! Don’t panic! What I meant was it was too obvious for me since I already know it since we were young.”

“Oh…”

“What surprises me is that until now you still like her. Why?”

“What do you mean why?”

“It was a long time ago.”

“First love doesn’t fade easily, Jackie.”

“Ew… My sister? Seriously?”

“Yes…”

“Well too late missy, she already has Krystal…”

“Yeah… really too late…” I said while looking at the couple approaching us.

“You won’t cause any trouble, will you?” whispered Jackie.

“Of course not. Don’t worry.” I just wanna be with Amber one last time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Hello readers who are still patiently waiting for my updates.. I'm so sorry for not updating for months I think... I'm a mess recently... I'm not happy with my job anymore and such but this is not too serious so don't worry...  Author is okay :)

Well, I hope you like this chap. Still feel free to comment... I know this chap doesn't have much and I apologize.. I'll try harder next time, okay? I love you guys! Thank you for always supporting!