Chapter 68

Make Your Move

 

Amber's POV

I'm really not good with confrontations so I am really nervous right now but I think it's time for me to talk to her.

"Uhm... mind if we go outside?" I asked and she hesitantly stood and followed me to the door. I lead her to the bench just a few steps from the restaurant and gestured her to take a seat.

"What's up?" she asked. "Is there anything wrong?"

"Mmm... W-why did you come here?" I stuttered a bit and she gave me a surprised look.

"H-huh?"

"Uh... because..." I scratched my nape as I try to not sound so rude or awkward. "Korea is so far from LA... and you don't have any relatives living here, do you?" I asked again.

"Yeah... I don't..." she still has a confused tone.

"Then, why are you here?" I looked at her in the eyes. It took a while before she spoke.

"To see you." she said while staring back at me. "I wanted to see you."

My body stiffened a little. 

"To see me? Why?"

 

Shannon's POV

Okay... I'm gonna confess... now? At this place? Oh my gosh. I swallowed the lump in my throat before speaking.

"Yeah..." I answered. "I wanted to see you one last time." I watched as her brows furrowed towards the center.

"What do you mean one last time?" she asked. My palms were starting to sweat. I took a deep breath and spoke again.

"I... I like you... No... I'm..." My heart was beating so fast. "I'm in love with you." I was staring at her the whole time because I want to see what her reaction will be. Her eyes went round and so was , obviously surprised.

"So, Jackie was telling the truth." she finally said.

"B-but... I didn't come here to cause trouble. I just want to see you. I just want to let you know how I feel because I think if I keep this feeling I have for you longer, I would never be free." She just stayed silent so I continued talking. "Since middle school Amber, I've liked you since middle school." She's still silent and it made me worried. "Amber?" I called.

"Yeah?" 

"Are you mad?" I asked but I am scared to hear her answer. She took a deep breath before answering.

"No... Why would I be?"

 

Amber's POV

She was obviously uncomfortable with what was happening and so was I. Shannon just confessed to me. Shannon. My childhood friend. 

"Then tell me what you think." she said. "I hope this doesn't change anything between us." I looked at her and I can see how scared she was so I held her hand and squeezed it a bit.

"Nothing would change. I promise. Thank you for telling me. Because you know, Krystal already felt it."

"What? Really?" she instantly panicked. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry!"

"Hey... it's okay... she's very understanding. And that's why I confronted you now to clear things." I said.

"I swear I didn't come here to cause any harm."

"I know... you're not like that." I gave her a smile and she smiled back. "So you liked me since middle school?" I asked.

"Yes..." she said with a shade of pink on her cheeks.

"I thought you liked Aron~" I teased. 

"What?! No! I would never ever date that guy!" Her reaction made me laugh so hard.  And I'm happy that there is no awkwardness between us even after her confession. 

"So, we're good?" I said.

"Actually I should be the one to ask that." she said with a smile.

"We're good, I promise." I hugged her and told her that we should get inside the restaurant. As we approach the table, I noticed Krystal's cold aura. I sat next to her and looked at her.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"Uhm guys, Shannon and I will just use the restroom." Jackie suddenly said as she drag Shannon with her. I just gave a confused look as I nodded.

"Princess? What's wrong?" I asked again.

"Nothing..." she said while swriling the straw in her drink. 

"This isn't nothing. I know you..." I said as I try to make her face me.

"Let's talk about it later okay... after dinner." she said coldly.

What now?

 

Krystal's POV

This is wrong right? Acting jealous even when I know I shouldn't be? As I watch them talk outside a while ago, I can't help but have crazy ideas run in my head. I really want to know what they're talking about. And the way Shannon is staring at Amber makes me so jealous. I don't want to be like this but this is just a normal reaction right? It's normal to be jealous because I love Amber.

Things became worse when Amber hugged her. They are friends and it's okay to do that but not when I feel that Shannon loves my girlfriend. 

After a few minutes, they finally came in and I needed to hide this gloomy expression I have even though I know I couldn't. Then Amber wanted us to talk right away but it isn't the right time. I don't want to ruin dinner so I told her to wait until we get home.

 

Jackie's POV

"So, what did you talk about?" I asked as soon as we get in the restroom.

"I just told her how I feel." Shannon simply said. 

"What?" I exclaimed. "Then, what happened next?"

"Amber said the reason why she confronted me is because Krystal is a little bothered by my presence. I feel bad about it actually because I don't have any bad intentions of coming here." Shannon has her head low as she spoke.

"Well, you can't do anything with that. I mean, Krystal is Amber's girlfriend." I said.

"Yeah... that's why I feel bad... I wanna apologize to her."

"Hmm... maybe later... when her mood is a little better." 

"Why? What happened?"

"I'm not sure but I think she got a bit off while you and Amber were outside."

"Really? Oh damn it." She wanted to get back to the dining area but I stopped her.

"Let them talk first." I said with my hand on her wrist.

"But I want to clear things with Krystal." she said in panic.

"You could do that later." I then took out  my phone to send Amber a message, asking her if everything is okay.

          From: Amber

                 Uhm... not really because Krystal is acting all cold to me...

                 but we'll just talk later after dinner so you can come back now.

After reading Amber's reply, I told Shannon to go back to the dining area. As we approach the table, I told Shannon to act like nothing's wrong to make the situation less awkward and she agreed.

"I see  the food's ready!" I exclaimed, sounding excited.

"Yes! Let's dig in before it gets cold." said Amber. I know she's also trying to cover the awkwardness between the two other girls. I looked at Krystal as she quietly slices her steak. Sigh... there really is something wrong.

 

Shannon's POV

God, I didn't come here to make a fight. I need to talk to Krystal, too but for now I'll let her cool down a bit. She looks scary now actually.

Dinner was so quiet. Amber and Jackie were trying to make the mood light by starting conversations and such. Krystal was trying to react but she was still very down and I feel so guilty. Now I regret coming here.

"So what are we doing after dinner?" asked Jackie that made us all look at her. I glanced at Krystal and I can see her avoiding my gaze. I sighed inside then. I thought we're gonna be good friends. 

"Uhm... maybe we should just head home. All of us were exhausted." said Amber.

"Okay... there are still more days for us to hang out." exclaimed Jackie. We finished dinner without hearing Krystal say a word. They dropped me at the hotel and I went in with a heavy heart. 

I need to fix this quick.

 

Amber's POV

The drive home was awfully quiet. I let Jackie drive because my brain was a mess at the moment. I really want to reach home so Krystal and I could finally talk.

After a few more turns, we reached our driveway. Jackie bid us good night as she could sense Krystal and I need privacy. As we got inside my bedroom, Krystal finally spoke.

"So I was right... she likes you." Krystal sat on the bed.

"Yes but I swear I didn't know." I said taking a seat next to her.

"Of course you didn't because you're always clueless." she said in an angry tone. I was suprised by her words.

"What? Wait a second. Where did that come from?" 

"You are always unaware of everything, You're so innocent and dense!" she got up and walked towards the bathroom. I stood up and followed her.

"Why are you yelling?" I was trying to stay calm because I think things will get worse if I get mad too.

"Because this is so frustrating, Amber!" she said after facing me. "Why did she come here?!"

"Krystal, she just wanted to see me."

"What for?!"

"To tell what she feels for me."

"Why did she need to do that?"

"I don't know." I tried holding her arms to calm her down but she yanked them away.

"You don't know? You talked for a long time how can you not know?!"

"Stop yelling at me. Please."

"No. I'm angry and I can shout whenever I want!" I was speechless. I didn't expect her to be like that.

 

Krystal's POV

I could see how surprised Amber was with my reaction but I can't help it. I'm so angry.

"But why are you mad at me? What did I do? I didn't ask her to come here." Her tone changed into a firm one.

"But I don't want her here!" 

"What do you want me to do?! I can't tell her to go back to LA. Isn't that so rude? She's my friend, Krystal We've been friends since we were young."

"She likes you!" I shouted.

"But I don't like her!" Amber shouted back and it's the first time she has shouted at me. "You're getting mad because my friend likes me? Is that my fault?! I didn't do anything so why are you jealous?! Don't you trust my love for you?! Gosh Krystal!" She said before storming out of the room.