Chapter 12

Make Your Move

Krystal's POV

"Just a size smaller than the standard. And get the black one. Thank you." I said to my assistant then ended the call.

"What's that Soojung?" asked Sulli. We just finshed taping an episode for The Beatles Code and now we're in the van going home.

"Uhm my assistant." I answered.

"What are you asking her to buy?" Sulli asked again. Oh my so nosy bestfriend.

"A guitar." I simply replied.

"A guitar? What for?" now it's Luna unnie's turn to ask.

"I'm having guitar lessons this Saturday." 

"Why the sudden interest? Luna unnie asked again.

"Because I really like the sound and I wanna learn something new." I know who'll ask next, Vic unnie.

"So who's gonna teach you?" said Vic unnie. I told you.

"Amber." I said with a smile.

"I've noticed you've been getting closer with her lately." Vic unnie said in an intriguing tone.

"Not only that, they often talk on the phone, too." exclaimed Sulli. Thanks a lot Ssul. 

"What's wrong with that? She's really nice and friendly and so are the boys."

"Well okay. So where will she teach you?" Vic unnie asked again but this time in a strict tone. Why is she getting scary?

"At their dorm." I said. Why are these girls so weird?

"Hmm... okay. What time?" Oh my God, seriously what's with them today?

"Maybe after lunch. Don't worry, I won't stay for too long. We're not gonna do anything bad. I'll be home at 10pm. Okay?" I said in one breath.

"Okay. Good." Vic unnie said and finally faced in front again.

Crazy!

 

Amber's POV

"Hey guys, is it okay if Krystal will hang out here on Saturday?" I asked the boys who are busy watching TV in the living room.

"Woah! Why will she come here Am?" asked Minho while moving his eyebrows up and down. I know what he's thinking so I threw a pillow at him.

"I'm gonna teach her how to play the guitar." I said and all eyes were on me.

"Oooh... guitar lessons... there'll be a lot of touching and holding..." said Key. Why do I have green-minded friends?

"Gosh Key of course not! I would never do that to her or to anyone." I fired back. These boys.

"Hahahaha! Guys, as I've said before, Amber is not like you so stop teasing her." said Onew to the rescue. 

"So Amber, will she come here every Saturday?" asked Taemin, our innocent drummer.

"I don't know but she'll sure come this Saturday."

"If that's the case, we need to clean up on Friday." said Jonghyun while taking a look at our dorm. We followed his gaze and yes, we need to clean. Dirty clothes are everywhere and dishes are piled up on the sink. Don't get started with our bedrooms. It's an even messier story.

"So what's your answer guys? Can she hang out out here?"

The boys paused for a while before saying...

"YES!"

 

Saturday <3

*DINGDONG*

"Amber I think Krystal's already outside!"Key shouted from the living room.

"Okay I'll be right there!" I said as I hurriedly walked out my room.

As I opened the door, I saw Krystal with a guitar in hand.

"Wow! You already bought one!" I said while making way for her to come in.

"Yeah, I can't wait to use it!" she said with a wide smile and excitement.

"Have you eaten?" I asked just to be sure.

"Yeah, how about you guys?"

"Yup! Hey guys Krystal's here!" I shouted.

"HI KRYSTAL!!!" the boys said with exaggeration.

"Hi!" she said waving her hand.

"Amber already prepared the balcony for you." said Taemin.

"Yeah and if you guys get hungry, we have snacks in the kitchen." added Key

"We also have juice in the fridge if you get thirsty." Minho said while holding a glass.

"And when you get sleepy, Amber has prepared her room for you." Onew exclaimed.

"Wow... thank you..." Krystal said with confusion on her face. She must have been weirded out. Oh these boys, did they need to be this obvious?

"Haha... c'mon Krystal..." I said while dragging her to the balcony.

"I think the guys prepared a lot today." Krystal said with a chuckle.

"Haha.. yes.. uhm...they're just... supportive... haha." is all I could say. But yes, I should thank the boys after this.

"Amber! Is Krystal here yet?" we heard Jonghyun shout so Krystal and I peeked inside. He was in the bathroom earlier.

"Hi Jong!" Krystal greeted happily.

"Oh Hi Krystal! Have fun with your lessons!"

"Thanks Jong!"

 

BALCONY

I helped Krystal put out her guitar from the bag and I got mine as well. We sat ourselves on the floor because it's more comfortable.

"So, what song will we learn today?" asked Krystal

"Hihi.. wait up... before I teach you a song, you have to learn the basics first."

"Oh, okay. Let's start with that."

"First, the parts of the guitar. This is the body, this is the neck, then the pegs, and the strings." I said pointing at each part. "The guitar has six strings. The three top strings are mainly bass chords. The other three have higher tones." I continued. After introducing the parts, I showed her how to place her fingers for three basic guitar chords.

"Here, here, and here. That's the D chord." she copied my fingers. She looks really cute right now with her concentrated face. "And this one is the A chord." she followed again. "And this one is the G chord. It's a little difficult because your ring finger should be extended downward." She can't seem to get it right so I guided her fingers. I can't help to feel giddy and nervous inside. It's my first time to touch her fingers. Of course I didn't let it show.

After sometime, I let her practice by herself.

"Argh! Why is it so difficult?" she said with a pout. She looks so cute! Hihi. "I wanna learn how to play fast but my fingers hurt already."

"Don't worry, you'll get there soon. That's how I felt before when I started learning, but this is a slow process. You just have to be patient Princess." I said

as I reached for her hand and looked at her fingers.

"They're bruised already." I said in a sad tone. I tried to massage them gently by brushing the tips with my thumb. She looked at me with sad eyes. Aaw... she really wants to learn fast but that's not how it works,

"Okay, let's rest for a while, okay? Til your fingers don't hurt anymore." she nodded. I stood up and went to the kitchen. I came back with a bag of chips and two bottles of orange juice.

"Here, eat first." I said with a smile.

"Thanks." she said taking the bag of chips. I then sat in front of her and took my guitar.

"Do you wanna know what song are those chords for?"

"Yes!" she said while chewing.

I plucked the strings for the intro. Shecarefully  watched my fingers dance on the fret board.

"You've got that smile, that only heaven can make. I pray to God everyday, that you keep that smile."  I started.

"Oh I know that song!!!" she exclaimed.

"Then sing it with me!"

"You are my dream, there's not a thing I won't do. I'd give my life up for you, "cause you are my dream" Her voice is really amazing.

"And baby everything that I have is yours, you will never go cold or hungry. I'll be there when you're insecure, let you know that you're always lovely."  We sang together. I never thought that our voices would sound good. I saw her smiling as we sing. I guess she also likes what she's hearing. 

"Girl, 'cause you are the only thing that I got right now." I sang.

And now for the chorus, we shared the parts. We looked at each other as we continue.

"One day when the sky is falling, I'll be standing right next to you,right next to you"  (Me)

"Nothing will ever come between us, "cause I'll be standing right next to you, right next to you." (Her)

"Wow Am, you guys sounded good." We looked to where the voice came from and saw the boys by the door.

"Yeah, it's really good! I think you guys should have a duet." Key said.

"Is it even possible?" asked Taemin. Actually, all of us have no idea.

"Well, I could ask our manager about it." said Krystal.

"Really? Wow! That would be great! What do you think Am?" asked Minho.

"Well, if our managers agree to it, why not?"

"Great! I can't wait for that." said Jonghyun showing his excitement.

"Me too! But before that, continue with your lesson first." Onew said while pushing the boys back inside.

"Thanks Onew!" I shouted.

"So Amber, would you like to have a duet with me or with f(x)?"

"Of course! Who wouldn't?" I said with emphasis.

"Okay, I think it's possible since some groups collaborate with others."

"Really? That would be awesome."

We then continued with our lesson. After an hour or so, Krystal already got tired and decided to end our session for today. I walked with her to their dorm. 

"Thank you for being patient with me today. I had fun." Krystal said with a smile.

"Me too. Actually you are good for a beginner." I smiled back.

"Haha! Thanks. So when's our next lesson?"

"It's upto you. I'm always free on weekends."

"Then, I'll just give you a call."

"Okay. Good night Krystal."

"Good night, Amber."

As she got inside. I walked my way to our dorm. Teaching Krystal today let me see another side of her. She is really focused and hard working. I hope I can spend time with her more often. I want to know her more. 

 

 Author's note: Hello readers! The song I used is Next 2 You by Chris Brown and Justin Bieber but I imagined this with Conor Maynard and Ebony Day's version. Please check out the song :) I hope you like this chapter. <3