Chapter 11

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

Since our debut, our schedule has never been empty. We had a line up of performances and guestings in TV networks and radio stations. Our album sold like hotcakes and paparazzi was everywhere. Indeed, we really are celebrities. The boys and I only get time for ourselves during weekends. We asked our manager to have our weekends free for that's the only time we have to rest and make songs. If you're wondering about my relationship with Krystal, well we're closer now. We greet each other in SM Ent. and send messages when we don't have time to talk. They're gonna have their comeback soon so they are very busy with their new album. Even though my band and I became friends with f(x), I still feel excited when I hear about their upcoming comeback. I'm still the fan I was before and it will never change. Today is Saturday so the boys and I are here in our dorm. SM Ent. let us stay in the dorm where f(x) lives. All of us were happy especially me but we miss hanging out in our garage. The garage where our dream was made. We wanna go back there but not now, we don't have time but we promised to visit when we're free. 

"Hey Am," Jonghyun said getting my attention. "I think it's time for us to make a new song."

"Yeah... something different. All our songs were upbeat" said Key while stretching his arms out. It was a total relaxation day that all of us are just lying on the couch. Oh I miss our messy couch back home.

"Different? Like how?" I asked.

"Like... how we express our feelings towards people we love or had loved." answered Onew.

"So it's a love song?" I said still not getting the idea.

"Yes. A love song, but instead of using direct words to express love, why don't we compare this feeling to colors or events that are similar to it." Jonghyun added.

"Oh... I think I know what you mean." said Minho as he sat straight showing interest in the conversation. "For example, when we love someone and we can't stop how we feel, we can compare it to driving a sports car. It feels so good when we're riding it so fast without noticing that we have already reached the dead end."

"And you said we can use colors, right? asked Taemin. "What color represents sadness? Blue, right? How about love?"

"It's obviously red." I immediately answered. "I think I know what to do. I got this." I said with a smile. 

"Great! Go Amber!" the boys cheered.

I hope the audience will like our new idea.

The next day, I showed the boys the lyrics and they undoubtedly liked it.

"Wow Amber, you really are the best song writer. All the words... just... perfect!" Jonghyun said while shaking me back and forth.

"Let us hear it Amber." Minho said.

"Okay but all of us has a part in this song." I said.

"Really?" Taemin said with excitement on his face.

"Of course. I want all of us to be in the spotlight. All of us can sing. And since we all shared our ideas in this song, I believe each of us deserves a part." I pointed out.

"Alright Amber." said Onew.

"Then start playing Am... how can we learn it? Haha!" Key said handing me the guitar.

I showed the boys how the song goes. They said all our songs are upbeat so I made it a little mellow. I hope our producer agrees to this song. We then performed it for our producers. At first they were contemplating but ended up agreeing to it. According to them, they think it's time for people to see the other side of The Strings. 

 

At Music Core

"I heard that this song is different from your previous ones?" the MC asked.

"Yes." I answered. We were having a short interview first before performing a new song.

"How was it different?" the MC asked again.

"As you know, our songs were always cheerful so we decided to try a different one. We hope you'll like it" said Onew looking at the audience which made the girls scream.

"Well guys, I don't think we should prolong this further. Ladies and gentlemen, to perform their new song entitled "Red", let's welcome The Strings!"

We all went to our positions now. Since it's a mellow song, we decided to use acoustic instruments. Here we go.

"Loving her is like driving a new Maserati on a dead end street." (Onew)

"Faster than the wind, passionate as sin, ending so suddenly." (Key)

"Loving her is like trying to change your mind once you're already flying through the free fall." (Taemin)

"Like the colors in autumn so bright just before they lose it all." (Jonghyun)

All of us for the chorus. 

"Losing her was blue like I'd never known. Missing her was dark grey all alone. Forgetting her was like trying to know somebody you've never met."

"But loving her was red. Loving her was red." (Amber)

The audience didn't shout. Instead, they just listened. Some were nodding, maybe agreeing with the lyrics. Some were swaying with the slow tempo. In the end, a loud cheer and applause were heard. They loved it! Thank God!

"After the performance, our manager told us that we'll have a short meeting with the producers before we head home. I suddenly received a message from Krystal.

From: Krystal ^^

          Nice song! Congratulations to your group Am!

I chuckled to myself and replied back.

To: Krystal

          Haha! Thanks! Where are you?

From: Krystal

         Here in the dance studio. We're almost done with rehearsal. How about you?

To: Krystal

         Really? Well I'm planning to hang out at the music studio after our meeting with the producers.

From: Krystal

         Oh okay. Let's just continue talking later, okay. We'll be done soon.

To: Krystal

         Alright :)

After the meeting, I told the boys that I'll be at the studio. They told me not stay for too long and they went to the dorm. I just wanted to stay there for a while, like an alone time.

When I came in, I saw my guitar and started plucking random tunes. I remembered the song that I've been working on before. I played the chords trying to figure what words could fit in. I was so immersed with the song until I heard a familiar voice.

"Aren't you going home yet?" I looked up and saw Krystal walking in.

"Hey." I greeted her with a smile.

"Why are you still here?" she said taking a seat beside me.

"Nothing... I just felt like staying here."

"What are you playing?"

"Do you still remember the song I played for you when you slept over my place?"

"Yes."

"Well it's still incomplete. I can't find the right words for it." I said in frustration.

"Don't worry Am, you'll figure it out eventually. Don't rush."

"Haha! Okay." I said with a nod.

"Hey, can you teach me how to play that?"

"The guitar? You wanna learn how to play?"

"Yes. I've always wanted to learn that. It really looks cool. Is it difficult?"

"Nothing is difficult if you really want it." I answered with a grin.

"You and your words." she said slightly hitting my arm.

"We better go home now and rest. Tomorrow is another busy day."

"Right. Let's go!"

I was about to dial our driver's number for him to pick me up but she told me to just ride with them since their van is still here. The noonas and I also had small chitchats but since we were all tired, we just slept through the ride. We finally reached our dorm and I bid them good night.

When I entered the dorm, the boys are already in their rooms. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. After washing I checked my phone and saw a message from Krystal.

From: Krystal

         Hey Amber, I'm serious about the guitar lessons. When can we start?

To: Krystal

         Are you free this weekend? Let's say Saturday?

From: Krystal

         Yes I am. 

To: Krystal

         Then let's do on Saturday, okay?

From: Krystal

         Okay :) Good night Amber.

To: Krystal

         Good night Krystal :)

 

Author's note: First of all, I wanna say thank you to those who subscribed! My subscribers reached 100 today!Thank you so much!!! Second, the song that I used which is RED is a Taylor Swift original but for this fic, I imagined them performing Tyler Ward's version. It's really good, you can check it out on youtube. Sorry for the late update guys... I hope you like this chapter. <3