Chapter 17

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

"Oh you're already on your way? Okay just ring the doorbell when you arrive. Bye." I said calmly and ended the call. Then...

"Mom mom mom she's already on her way!!!" I shouted as I ran towards the kitchen. "Mom, are all the food ready? Do you think the rooms are clean enough? Wait the bathroom?! Oh my gosh I haven't checked it ye~"

"Everything's settled honey, relax." my mom said trying to calm me down. "Don't worry... I prepared everything. Why don't you go upstairs and freshen up?" she said with an assuring smile. 

"Thanks Mom, I owe you a lot." I smiled back and went upstairs. I can't explain what I feel... it's a mix of excitement and nervousness. I hope she will like the food we prepared and that she gets along with mom well. Too bad she won't meet my sister Jackie. She's in LA with our grandparents and attends her university there. But it's okay, there'll still be a next time.   

*DINGDONG*

Oh my she's here! "Mom I'll get it!" I hurriedly went downstairs and prepared myself for the door. I took a deep breathe before turning the knob. I think it's beginning to be a habit.

"Hi Amber." she greeted me with a beautiful smile. "Here, oatmeal cookies for you and your mom."

"Wow thank you. Please come in." I said leading her inside. "Mom~ Krystal's here!" Mom is already in the dining room and is almost finished preparing the table. 

"Hello Mrs. Liu!" Krystal greeted with a smile.

"Oh hello dear! At last, I finally met the girl whom my daughter used to stalk on youtube!"

"Mom!" I said while hiding my face in embarassment. Krystal just laughed at what my mom said.

"Oh what's wrong? It's true. She never sleeps until she finishes watching all your live performances."

"Mom, the food looks great! Let's eat c'mon!" I said to change the conversation. Krystal is already dying because of laughter while I'm dying because of embarassment. While eating, mom kept asking Krystal questions but I'm so glad that she answered each one of them.

"Oh mom, Krystal brought these cookies for us."

"Yes, Mrs. Liu, please try them." said Krystal while offering a plateful of cookies.

" Yum! They're delicious! Where did you buy these?" asked mom.

"Oh, I baked them Mrs. Liu." she said showing a humble smile.

"Really? Oh they're so good!"  complimented mom. "And please, just call me auntie... no need to be too formal."she added "Amber, what do you think?"

I cannot answer because I just took a big bite of the cookie. Indeed, they are good!

"I think I know what the answer is auntie." said Krystal which made all of us chuckle. After eating, Krystal offered to help clean the table. Then just took the dishes and let us hang out in the living room.

"Your mom is really kind and funny Am." said Krystal while taking a seat on the couch.

"Haha! Yeah, she's the best!" I said.

"Honey? Would you like to take Krystal upstairs or let her watch a movie there in the living room?" mom shouted from the kitchen.

"What would you like to do?" I asked looking at Krystal.

"Hmm... how about a movie? I haven't watched one in a long time.

"Okay, let me get the dvds from my room."

"Let me help!"

"Okay."

When we entered my room, I thought she would still be surprised because of her pictures on the walls but I was wrong. She just acted normally and sat on my bed. I went straight to the shelf where my dvds are and got all those that we can possibly watch. When I was about to call her, I saw her looking at a picture frame on my night stand.

"You really printed it and put it in a frame?" she said referring to our first selca while giggling.

"Yeah... uhm... I framed it because it's a special photo." I said with blush.

"I want to have a copy of it, too." she said.

"Oh, wait." I said before going to my dresser.

"Here." I said while handing out her copy. "I was really planning to give you, though I wasn't sure if you want to have one."

"Why wouldn't I want one?"

"Uhm because~"

"I know, because you're shy. Why do you feel shy all the time huh?"

"Sowwy..." I said making a baby voice. She laughed and squeezed my cheeks.

"You're so cute Amber!" 

"Theng yu buh it kinduh hurthz now..." I tried to say it as clearly as possible but with my cheeks being squeezed, it's impossible.

"Oh! Sorry!" she said and she immediately rubbed my red cheeks. I instantly blushed because of what she did and just smiled at her awkwardly. Realizing what she's doing, she immediately dropped her hands and directed her attention to her pictures.

"I'm not the only one who's shy." I said and poked her right cheek. She looked at me and smiled a little.

"Let's go? I got the dvds."

"Okay."

We chose to watch Monsters' University. We were laughing throughout the whole movie and hearing her laughter makes me so happy. She looks like a child who just enjoys watching funny movie not caring if she already looks silly or not. Oh Krystal, you're so special. Do you know that?

After watching the movie, it's time for Krystal to go home.

"Mom, Krystal will be leaving soon." I said calling mom's attention who's busy doing something in the kitchen.

"Wait wait! Here." said mom handing Krystal a small medium sized jar. " I made mango jelly salad since Amber mentioned how crazy you are for mangoes."

"Oh Thank you auntie!" said Krystal and took the jar. "Thank you for a beautiful lunch."

"No problem, and don't hesitate to come back okay?" mom said.

"Yes auntie! If we have time again I'll definitely visit!"

"Okay go home safely." We then heard a car honked outside indicating Krystal's car has arrived.

"I'll just send her off mom." then Krystal and I headed out.

"Thank you for inviting me Amber. I really had fun." she said showing the sweet smile that I love.

"You're welcome." I said smiling back.

"Uhm... Amber? Would you also want to have lunch with us on Friday? After meeting your mom, I also want you to meet my parents and Unnie."

"What? I mean really? You're inviting me?"she just nodded shyly. And I thought I was the shy one. I can't believe it. She wants me to meet her family. I mean, that's good right?

"Yes, Krystal. I would like to have lunch with your family on Friday." hearing what I said made her smile. I smiled back. Krystal went in her car and left. Thank God everything went well today.

Now about that lunch, we're taking a step higher but still, slowly. Meeting families is a very huge step right? And I believe that it's the right step to take. But wait, am I ready to meet The Jungs? Better prepare yourself Amber Liu!

 

Author's note: What do you think about this chapter guys? Please tell me what you think <3

And wait, have you seen Krystal's teaser pictures for their upcoming album? She's so gorgeous!!! I can't wait for their comeback scheduled on July 7th in Korea!!!