Chapter 2

Make Your Move

Amber really spent the whole night writing songs. She really did what she promised. After writing the last word, she finally closed her eyes and went to Krystal Jung dream land.

"WAKE UP AMBER!!!" a loud noise from the five dorkies came in Amber's peaceful room.

"ngh..." groaned the sleepy girl.

"Dude, we've been calling your phone for two hours but you're not answering." Jonghyun said while shaking Amber's body.

"I slept late... wait, I think it was just this morning... around 3 am..." answered Amber in a husky voice.

"Why? I told you sleep early and don't watch videos. How can you finish writing if..."

"I already finished. They are on the desk."

All five boys averted their attention towards the desk and Onew picked the music pad up.

"Amber, this is great. We have to hear this today." said Taemin.

"Yeah let us hear it. Get up Amber!" shouted Minho.

"Alright alright!"

"We'll wait for you downstairs man. Hurry up!" said Key.

 

(Amber's POV) 

The boys were really happy about the last three songs I wrote last night. Now we're in our garage, resting after spending 3 hours of practice.

"Hey, do you think our songs will be enough? I am really nervous." said Jonghyun while fiddling his bass guitar strings.

"Of course they are bro. Don't be like that. We should be confident right?" Onew answered trying to make the mood lighter.

"Yes. We can do this brothers. And if we don't make it, we'll keep trying!" said Taemin while raising his drumsticks in the air.

"We should keep trying til we are in! Right Amber?" Minho asked diverting all their attention on me.

"Yes, we can do this. We are all in this together."

"Still a Highschool Musical fan Ambro?" Key asked me teasingly.

"Haha funny Kibum." I said while rolling my eyes.

Well guys, we'll just record on Saturday then next stop, SM Entertainment!

 

(Krystal's POV)

 

"Victoria umma, can't you ask manager oppa to give us a week break? Aren't you tired?" I asked our leader. She is the only who can ask our manager about these things.

"I've already asked him but he said we still have schedule for the next three weeks." she said while letting out a sigh.

"But I feel so tired." I said it with a pout.

"I know. We all are." Victoria could only comfort the tired Krystal.

We are now here in our dormitory. We just finished attending a radio guesting and we were all exhausted because we had practice before that. I just want to have a vacation. Why can't we? Hmp! I hate our manager right now! 

Suddenly, Sulli came in my room.

"Soojung ah..." she dropped herself on my bed. 

"May I sleep here? I feel so bored in my room." Sulli asked showing her aegyo I can't resist.

"Okay, but don't be too noisy!"

"Yeah!" Sulli exclaimed and hugged me tightly.

 

(Narrator's POV)

The next day, the girls were headed to another network for a tv guesting. They performed a few songs before heading back to the dorm.

"I want to have something new. I wanna do something different." said Krystal. All of them are in the kitchen waiting for the food that Victoria was cooking.

"What do you mean, Soojung? We can't go anywhere with our tight schedule." exclaimed Luna.

"Yes. And the security guards are everywhere too." Sulli added.

"Hey kids, stop thinking about those things. You know that we can't do anything about it, right? We have to follow the schedule. This is our job. We should love it. Now let's eat and get some rest. We have a lot of things to do tomorrow. With that, Krystal Jung and the other members didn't say anything anymore.

 

(Amber's POV) 

"This is it guys. SM Entertainment. The building for our future career." said Onew feeling excited and nervous. 

"We can do this. Fighting!" the members cheered while walking their way to the building.

 

After submitting their demo tape, The Strings took a tour around the building. They saw posters of idol groups posted on the halls of the hall way. Amber caught f(x)'s poster. She stopped and stared at a particular girl then heaved out a sigh.

"Krystal Jung, I am here in the building you walk in everyday. I hope I can meet you." Amber thought while looking at the picture.

Just when they are about to go out of the building, Amber caught sight of the f(x) members entering the building.

"Krystal! Krystal Jung!" shouted Amber getting the attention of the princess. Krystal stopped when she heard her name. Amber then approached the girl with a pen and paper in hand.

"May I have your autograph?"

"You want my autograph?" Krystal asked somewhat scaring the shaking fan.

"Ye..yes.." stuttered Amber. She didn't realize that a beautiful girl can be this scary.

"What can I get in exchange for my autograph?" Krystal stared at Amber.

"Anything! Please.."

"Anything? Really?" Krystal stepped closer towards Amber. Amber just nervously nodded.

"Then take me away from here."

"What?"

"1, 2 RUN!"