Chapter 44

Make Your Move

6:30 in the morning, September 18, 2014

Today is their second day in Jeju Island and the boys and girls are preparing their surprise for Amber who's still sleeping peacefully in the room.

"Noona, we looked everywhere but aren't any bake shops here." said Taemin with the lowest sound possible.

"Really? Oh no... what will we do?" asked Victoria.

"I know! Taemin, Sulli, could you guys go to the snack bar by the beach? Maybe you could make a request there." said Krystal. She gave the two instructions and they happily nodded.

Snack Bar

"Uhm... excuse us, may we speak with Jinay?" 

"Oh that's m~ Sulli?! Taemin?! Kyaaaah!!! You're here too! I thought it was only Kryber! Haha! What can I do for you guys?" the fan happily asked the soon-to-be couple.

"Ah... haha... yes... all of us are here because of Amber's birthday..." said Taemin

"Oh yes yes... she has mentioned it yesterday... do you guys need anything?"

"Yes... Krystal asked us to come here and said to look for you."

"Aaw... she remembered me? Hihi..."

"Haha... so can we request for something?"

"Sure, what is it?" The two told Jinay what Krystal wants and the fan positively agreed.

"So this big? And what flavor would it be?" asked Jinay. "We have green tea, chocolate, and red velvet."

"Ooh... I think red velvet would be yummy!" exclaimed Sulli.

"Alright! It will only take a few minutes, okay?"

"Okay... and could you also provide three blue candles?" said Taemin.

"Certainly!" Jinay disappeared in the kitchen and the two were left by the counter.

"Uhh.. let's take a seat?" said Taemin awkwardly.

"Okay... uhm so... are you enjoying our trip?" asked Sulli to lighten up the tension.

"Oh... yes of course! I'm really happy that we're here now and not in the city. How about you?"

"Yeah... this place is very relaxing because of the atmosphere and the waves..." There was silence for a while and Taemin felt that he should break it.

"I bet Amber would love her birthday surprise today." said Taemin and gave out a smile.

"Yeah... you know, I admire that couple very much... they are so happy and loving towards each other."

"True.. I admire them too... actually, I look up to Amber... the way she takes care and loves Krystal is just truly inspiring." The two became silent again. "Uhm Sulli, h-have you ever had a b-boyfriend?" asked Taemin nervously. Sulli shook her head.

"Have you had a girlfriend?" asked Sulli which made Taemin uneasy.

"Hmm... no... because I never had the courage to talk to the girl I like before."

"Why not?"

"Because I feel shy and I feel scared that she might reject me."

"Reject you? How can they reject you? You are so charming..." Sulli said with a smile but lately realized about what she said and blushed a little. Taemin on the other hand was surprised with what he heard. Taemin smiled at Sulli before speaking.

"Uhm... Sulli? Remember what I asked you before when we had the truth or dare game?" Sulli nodded but kept her head low. "Can you remember your answer?" Sulli nodded again. " I was wondering if that is true... do I really have a chance with you?" This time, Sulli looked up and thought about what to say.

"Yes... because if I don't feel anything for you, I wouldn't be here right now, right?" Sulli said and gave a cute smile to Taemin. "But, I want to take things slow... is that okay?"

"It's okay... I'll wait... but I'm happy that you feel something for me too. I really like you Sulli..." said Taemin while smiling.

"I like you too, Taemin... so for now... let's enjoy what we have and see where it takes us, okay?"

"Okay." The two just stared at each other while smiling like love birds. They're so busy in their own little world that they didn't notice Jinay standing next to them with their order in hand.

"Uhm... excuse me, I hate to interrupt your staring contest but some part of this thing I'm carrying might melt soon if you don't take  it now. Sorry." said Jinay smiling sheepishly.

"Oh... wow... look at that... haha... we're sorry, here's our payment."

"Haha! Thank you, and please give Amber my greetings!"

"Okay, thank you!" Taemin insisted to carry the order since it looked a little heavy. They waved good bye and went back to the cottage."

*knock knock*

Luna opened the door a little and peeked outside.

"Unnie, is hyung already awake?" asked Sulli.

"Not yet... so have you bought anything?" asked Luna.

"Yeah... it's right here." Luna looked at where Sulli is pointing at and saw Taemin struggling with the red velvet crepes.

"Uhm noona, if it's safe to come in, could you please open the door so I could put it on the table? It's getting heavy." Taemin said which mede Luna and Sulli giggle.

"Oh sorry come in. Sulli, why didn't you help him?" Luna said while are entering the cottage.

"Because he said he can... haha... wait a minute." Sulli went to the kitchen. When she came back, she was holding a glass of water and handed it to Taemin.

"Here, drink up." said Sulli. Taemin blushed and the others teased them. Krystal came out from the bathroom and was so happy about the crepes stacked up so neatly on the plate.

"Wow! Ssul, Taemin, it looks perfect!"

"Woah! It looks yummy too! Krystal, let's wake up Amber now." said Key.

"Haha! Alright!" Krystal went inside the room while the rest prepared to sing a song for Amber. The guys are holding party poppers while the Victoria arranged the candles on the crepe stack. Sulli and Luna took out their phones to capture the moment.

In the bedroom

"Am... Am... wake up... everyone already went to the beach..." Krystal said as she poked her girlfriend's nose.

"Really? They left us?" said Amber in her sleepy voice with eyes still closed.

"Yes so you have to wake up now and kiss me because I waited for you." teased Krystal. Amber giggled  then pushed herself up.

"Is that so? Haha!" Amber stood up and gave her princess a kiss. Krystal excitedly pulled Amber outside the room that she didn't have time to fix her hair.

"Wait princess I need to comb my h~"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" As soon as Amber stepped in the dining area, Sulli instantly took a picture capturing Amber's surprised face with her hair sticking up and confetti falling from the poppers that the boys had popped.

"Guys! Wow..." Amber can't hide her happiness seeing all her friends with her on her 25th birthday.

"Time to blow the candle hyung!" shouted Sulli still holding her phone.

"Yeah Amber, don't forget to make a wish!" said Luna. Krystal was standing next to Amber while holding her hand.

"Make a wish my Amber." said Krystal then smiled. Amber smiled at her then closed her eyes.

Amber's POV

I wish for happiness, health, success for everyone, and for Krystal and I to be together forever. I wish for our relationship to be blessed with God's love, as well as peace and harmony for our group members. I treasure these people the most and I can't be any more grateful for the blessings I have received. Thank you God. After making my wish I opened my eyes and blew the candle.

"WOOOHOOO!" cheered everyone.

"Happy birthday bro, we love you. Without you, we wouldn't be able to achieve all this." said Jonghyun and gave me a bro hug.

"Yeah dude, thank you for everything, for being the best bro in the world." said Key and hugged me.

"Ambro, 25 years already huh... remember when we were in highschool, I wasn't really good in playing the guitar but you never gave up in teaching me... I owe you a lot dude so I promised to be by your side forever. Happy Birthday!" said Minho. My boys are so sweet. Haha!

"Dude, happy birthday! Thank you for being a true friend." said Onew.

"Amber, I really treat you as an older brother. I treat all of you as an older brother but you, though you're a girl, you've been more manly than all of us when our band have problems. you encourage us to be strong and that's what I like about you. Thank you for supporting us, for supporting me in everything. I love you bro.. you're my brother." Taemin said and gave me a sincere smile. I was so touched that I pulled him for a hug.

"Hey Tae, Onew, Jong, Minho, Key... my brothers... I've spent half of my life with you guys, thank you... for not leaving me... for protecting me... I know how protective you guys are of me because I'm a girl... so thank you." The boys and I group hugged and were suddenly startled when we heard sniffing sounds around us. When we broke the hug, we saw the girls with puffy eyes and stuffy noses.  

"Yah! Why are you guys like this?" exclaimed Victoria noona while wiping her eyes.

"Yeah! I hate you guys for being super sweet!" said Luna noona trying to hide her puffy eyes.

"You guys can film your own drama already!" said Sulli. She looks so funny with her red nose. I turned around to look at my princess. She's looking at us while smiling. Her eyes are red but not very puffy. I smiled at her. 

"Now it's our time to say our birthday wishes, me first. Amber, thank you for being so kind and for taking care of our Soojungie... I hope that all your wishes will come true and may you never change." said Victoria noona and I gave a bow in return.

"Hey Amber, sorry if I scared you on our first meeting... hihi... thank you for all your kindness and concern towards us. I wish for your happiness and continuous success." said Luna noona.

"Hyung! Thank you for letting me call you hyung. Hahaha! I hope that you and Soojungie will be together for a long time and may your handsomeness flourish even more!" Sulli is so cute! Lastly, my princess. She walked towards me and held my hand.

"My Amber, thank you for loving me. Thank you for your trust and understanding. I wish for your happiness, for success, and for us... we are not perfect, but we are trying, right? Haha... so I love you always.. okay?" she said and kissed my cheek. I love you my Amber. Happy Birthday!"

"And now for the fun part, ATTACK!!!" Suddenly, I felt something cold on my face. I looked around and saw the boys chasing each other with cream in hand while the girls ran to the living room to escape. Krystal and I looked at each other then laughed because our faces were covered with cream. I stuck my finger on her face, got some cream and and put it in my mouth.

"Mmm! Cream cheese! Yummy!" I said and she did the same. When everybody got tired, we finished the crepe stack, cleaned ourselves and went to the beach for a proper breakfast. While eating breakfast we watched people do their activities. Some were sunbathing, some were playing beach ball while others were riding the jet ski. 

"What activities should we try today?" asked Onew after before taking a bite from his hashbrown burger.

"Uhm... there are other places we can visit aside from the beach." said Key.

"Yes... there are museums, parks, and caves but they are from here. We need to ride the bus if we would go to those places..." said Luna noona."

"Ah really? That would be too much of a hassle, wouldn't it?" asked Taemin.

"And we might attract too much people." added Sulli.

"So... what will we do? asked Minho.

"This resort is too big... I'm sure we'll be able to do many things." said Victoria noona.

"Hey princess... what would you like to do?" Before she could answer, we heard loud howling from the sea. We searched where the sound was coming from and saw two people on a parasail. We instantly looked at each other and said the same sentence at the same time.

"LET'S TRY THAT ONE!" We laughed at ourselves and told our members. After eating, Taemin and Sulli went to the souvenir shop, Key, and Onew wanted to try on the surf boards while Minho, Jonghyun, Vic noona and Luna noona went with us to try parasailing.

"How high does it usually go?" asked Vic noona.

"About 800 feet." answered the man in charge.

"What?! 800 feet?! Omo..." said Luna noona and went behind Vic noona.

"Don't be afraid noona, it will be fun." I said.

"How many of you will ride?" asked the man.

"We are six." answered Minho.

"Oh okay so you can go in pairs."

"Alright so who would go with who?" asked Vic noona.

"Umma... let's go together~" said Luna noona while clinging onto Vic noona's arm.

"Well then it's me and Minho." said Jonghyun.

"Okay... who will go first?" asked Vic noona again.

"Am, let's go last." whispered Krystal.

"Uhm.. we'll go last." I said.

"Noona, we'll be first okay?" said Jonghyun.

"Yeah so this baby here won't be afraid anymore." said Vic noona emphasizing the word "baby". Haha!

We watched as the men attached the harness on them and position themselves under the chute. They were lifted little by little until they were so high you could barely see their faces anymore.

"WAAAAAAHHHHH! THE VIEW LOOKS GREAT!!!" shouted Minho.

"HOW ARE YOU GUYS UP THERE???" asked Vic noona.

"WERE FINE! IT LOOKS SO COOL UP HERE!" answered Jonghyun.

"IS IT SCARY??" asked Luna noona.

"NOT AT ALL! DON'T BE AFRAID NOONA!"

We waited for fifteen minutes then it's the noonas turn now.

"Omo omo... please don't make us fall." prayed Luna noona while being strapped with the harness.

"Yah! Don't talk like that you're making me nervous!" scolded Vic noona. They are so cute. When they being lifted up, the two started screaming and the four of us were laughing at them. After fifteen minutes, it was me and my princess' turn now.

 

Krystal's POV

Woah... it looks really high... but it's okay.. I've tried sky diving when we went to New Zealand so parasailing is just a piece of cake, plus Amber is with me.

"Princess, c'mon..." called Amber and I immediately walked to her side. When the harness were attached, Am and I held hands as we float above the sea. I stared at the boat and looked at my unnies and the boys. They are getting smaller which means we are going higher and higher. I was constantly looking down so Amber called my attention.

"Princess, look." she said and pointed somewhere. I looked at the direction she was pointing and saw the beautiful horizon of Jeju Island. Everything was so beautiful: the blue clear water, the island's landscape, the clouds, everything. I was so overwhelmed that I screamed out of excitement.

"WOW!!!! IT'S VERY BEAUTIFUL! JEJU ISLAND IS REALLY BEAUTIFUL!" 

"Hahahaha! you're so cute right now princess. Haha... Were you scared before?"

"A little bit... that's why I was just looking down."

"It's so pretty... as pretty as you."

"Are you being cheesy right now Amber Liu? Haha... we are 800 feet above and you're so cheesy!"

"That's what heights do!"

"What ever Ms. Liu!" I teased. Fifteen minutes ended so we were slowly lowered back to the boat.

"Wait wait... Unnie, you have my phone right, please take a picture of us." I said and Luna noona happily snapped us a photo.

"Me too... bro, please." Amber said and Jonghyun took a shot of us in her phone. We then sent a message to Sulli and Taemin so we could do other things together. Onew and Key were also done surf boarding and rested with us. After a few minutes, Sulli and Taemin already arrives with paper bags.

"What did you guys buy?" asked Vic Umma.

"Just cute pouches for my cousins." said Sulli.

"How about you bro what did you buy?" asked Key.

"Uhm... these are all hers." said Taemin which made us all chuckle. Poor Taemin, bag carrier.

"By the way, we saw a henna tattoo shop there.. wanna check it out?" asked Sulli.

"Yeah! C'mon!" All of us stood up and followed the cute couple.

Tattoo Shop

"What design would you get?" I heard Minho asked Onew.

"I want something with a strong message." Onew answered.

"I think this is perfect for you bro." We looked at what Key is showing and Onew smacked him on the head.

"Minnie Mouse?!" While all of them are deciding, Amber and I are looking at the couple designs.

"Am...  is there anything you like?"

"Uhm actually, the designs here too common." answered Amber.

"Yeah... how?"

"Wait... sir, can you copy this?" Amber said while pointing at her phone. I took a glance and saw a paper heart picture.

"Wow... that looks good... I think I can..." said the artist.

"Princess, is this okay?"

"It's perfect!"

Amber and I decided to place the tattoo on our right wrist. We waited for it to be finished and all of us are happy with our hennas. Vic Umma had a butterfly on her nape, Luna unnie had a flower on her arm, and Sulli chose G clef which she put behind her ear. For the boys, Onew chose the dragon which he placed on his leg, Taemin had the drumsticks which were perfect for him on the back of his right hand, Minho had a tribal patterned guitar on his back, Key had musical notes across his chest and Jonghyun had a flame design on his arm.

"Hey love birds, what did you get?" said Vic Umma. Amber and I quickly showed our wrists.

"Aaw..." said the girls and we chuckled in an instant.

"Let's walk under the sun so our hennas could dry easily." said Vic Umma. While walking, we took a look at the different stalls at the beach. Amber and I passed by a shades store and we happily tried on some of the sunnies. We also bought cute couple shirts and hats. This weekend is indeed a relaxation time for us and this is also a place where we can express ourselves more. We then had icecream and took selcas with every activity we did.

It was almost lunch time so we looked for a restaurant we can eat at. While waiting for our food, the guys suggested something.

"Hey, let's ride the banana boat! It's fun because all of us can ride together!" exclaimed Key.

"Wow! Okay okay! That would be great and we could washed off the dried part of our tattoos too!" said Sulli. We all agreed at the suggestion.

"Uhm... excuse me sir, do you have mangoes?" Amber suddenly asked the waiter.

"Yes we have." The waiter politely answered.

"Can we have a platter please?"

"Alright."

"Mangoes?" I asked.

"Yup, for dessert. I know you want some." Amber grinned and I lightly hit her arm.

"Princess, show me your wrist." said Amber. I wondered why but I quickly understood since she's holding her phone in camera mode.

"Beautiful!" she said. "Guys, give me a pose showing your tattoos!" she exclaimed and we instantly had a henna tattoo photo shoot. Waiting for food doesn't get boring when I am with these people. At last, the food arrived and we hungrily munched on it. Better have much energy for that banana boat ride!

 

Author's note! Hello! Second day in Jeju! But wait, the second day isn't over yet so hang on! And sorry... the activities that I use here aren't really Jeju Island activities because I have no idea about them so I'm using beach activities done in my country, Philippines! Hihi! I hope you like this chap! What can you say about my SsulMin couple, eh? Hihi... enjoy! <3