Chapter 48

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

Krystal and I took our seats across from L. I don't want to have a very awkward dinner so I started the conversation. I'll make this dinner fun for us.

"So L, how have you been? The last time I saw you was when we performed in Show Champion."

"Ah yes... that was a long time ago, wasn't it? Good thing we met again since you're with Krystal." he said before taking a sip of champagne.

"Right. Oh, your teaser already aired and all of us are excited about it."

"Why thank you. I was glad to be a part of this drama. I've missed working with Krystal." he said taking a look at my girlfriend. Woah... be careful dude. I know Krystal is already feeling uncomfortable because she suddenly held my right hand which was on my lap. I returned her grip and placed our intertwined hands on the table. I'm not usually like this but sometimes I have to step up, right? Let me play your game, buddy.

"Yeah... she has mentioned that you had previous projects and endorsements together. I've also heard that you and your other co-actors are so kind to her, so thank you for taking care of my princess, L." I said emphasizing "my" with a smile. I don't know if I saw correctly but I think L's expression changed a little. 1 point! :)

 

Krystal's POV 

Why do I feel so tensed about this dinner? Where's the waiter? I just want this dinner to end. And what is Amber doing? 

"May I take your orders now?" said the waiter. Thank god!

"Sure... my princess, what would you have?" Amber faced me with a meaningful look. What is she trying to do? Is she... ah... I get it. Haha!

 

Amber's POV

I was looking at Krystal, trying to tell her with my eyes to join me in this. I think she got it because she acted sweetly all of a sudden.

"Uhm.. what if I have the steak and you have some chicken? I wanted to taste that too so I'll just get some from your plate, okay?" she said giggling. Hihi, my princess is so smart!

"Haha! Okay, so we'll have the steak and roasted chicken, please. How about you, L?" When I looked at him, he has this pissed face on. Sorry dude, you started it.

"Uhm... I'll have baby back ribs, well done." He then gulped the remaining liquid in his glass. "So, how was you Jeju trip?" he said, while filling his glass again. Hmm.. he wants to go on... okay.

"Oh, it was fun. We went parasailing and tried the banana boat. It was a wonderful experience, right Krys?"

"Yeah L oppa. Wait, let me show you some pictures." She took out her phone and gave it to L.

 

Krystal's POV

I insisted in showing him our pictures not to make him envious but to show him that whatever his intentions are for me won't be entertained anymore. After a few swipes, he gave my phone back and took a sip from his glass again. Our food finally arrived and we started eating. 

"Am, here." I said and fed her a slice of steak. She then sliced a piece of chicken and did the same to me. We were trapped in our own world that we almost forgot L oppa is with us. We only noticed him again when we heard a cough.

 

L's POV

Really? You're doing this in front of me. My god Krystal what did you see in that girl? Skinny, dorky, she's nothing compared to me. I'm not giving up yet, this is just the beginning.

"Uhm Krystal, would you like to taste this? It's really good." I said in my most charming voice.

"No thanks oppa. I'm fine with our food, thank you." Our? Okay okay... so you're really in love with this tomboy. Fine. But wait til I show you how better I am. I'll let this go for now.

"Princess, I've talked to mom earlier and she wants us to visit her soon." Amber said while she tucked some strands of hair behind Krystal's ear. I hate this scene. And Krystal is close to Amber's mom? What the?

"Really? Let me use your phone." Krystal said showing her aegyo. Ouch.

"Okay... but what for?"

"I'll send auntie a message. Hihi."

"Oh okay." Amber agreed and gave her phone. This sweetness overload is making me sick. What in the world was I thinking? Why did I let myself to be tortured like this? Argh. We heard Amber's phone beep and Krystal chuckled all of a sudden.

"Hahaha! Am, look at auntie's reply." said Krystal and showed Amber the phone. It feels like I became invisible. Sigh. Nope... still not giving up.

"Uhm... I think it's time for dessert!" I said that caught their attention

"Oh okay." answered Amber. I then called the waiter.

"Uhm... dessert... hmm... don't you have anything with mangoes?" I asked the waiter. 

"Sorry sir but these are the only desserts we have."

"Aaw... Krystal... they don't have mangoes..." I said hoping my concerned look would impress her.

"That's okay L oppa. Am, what will we have?" Why does she always ask Amber?

"Hmm.. how about The Chocolate Thunder from Down Under. Haha! What a long name." said Amber which made Krystal laugh. Ugh.

"Wow... I think it's delicious. We'll have that oppa. Just one serving because we'll just share. We're so full already." she said and both of them gave me a smile. Psh.

"Well then, an order of that and cheesecake. Thank you." I painfully ate my cheesecake while I watch these two share that small brownie. Unbelievable. Note to self: Next time, wear an armor. This dinner finally came to an end. I insisted paying for it since that's what I told Krystal. Amber tried to oppose but I wanted to show Krystal my gentleman side and refused so Amber eventually agreed. When we stood up, I saw Krystal's hand automatically reached out for Amber's as we walk outside the restaurant. Hmp. Next time, it'll be my hand.

 

Amber's POV

Dinner ended well, I think. I hope L didn't get offended or anything. We waited for him to get on his car before we got on ours. At last, alone time with my princess. 

"See... nothing bad happened." I said with a grin. "Though I felt that he was really trying to get your attention."

"That's what I've been telling you but you won't believe me."

"Hmm... yeah... but we showed him, right?" Both of us giggled remembering what we did back there.

"I didn't know you have this naughty side, too." she said as she pinched my cheeks.

"That's why there's a saying: The nice guys are the worst enemies. Haha!"

"But you'll always be the sweetest for me." she said before pecking my lips.

"Cheeseball." I said and gave her a hug. I started the car's engine and drove back to the dorm. "Oh princess, the boys and I received a very important news today."

"Really, what is it?"

"Uhm... we're gonna have our Asian Tour."

"Really??? When???"

"Five weeks from now." I said and glanced at her. 

"What? So... how long will the tour be?"

"Hmm.. I don't know... How long does it usually take?"

"When we had a tour, it took us around three months." she said sadly.

"Really? That long?" I asked and took her hand. "That's too long..."

"Aaw Am..."

"When manager hyung told us about it, half of me was happy but the other half was sad because it means I'll be far away from you." 

"Yeah... but that's a part of our job..." she said as she held my hand tighter.

"So this is the down side of this life, huh?" Krystal just nodded. We reached the dorm and I walked her to their room.

"Hey Am..."

"Hmm?" She suddenly placed her hands on each of my cheeks and gave me a kiss. 

"I'm so proud of you and the boys. Don't be sad, okay? This tour is a blessing for your group. Imagine, you guys are just new but they already gave you this big opportunity. It will only be for a few months, okay?"

"I know that. I'll just miss you."

"I'll miss you too." I pulled Krystal into a hug.

"I love you so much Krystal Jung. I don't see myself loving anyone else but you."

"You know that I love you so much too, right?" she said hugging me tighter.

"You know, mom already called you her future daughter-in-law." I giggled.

"W-what?" she pulled away out of surprise.

"Yeah... why? You don't want to? I'll just find another girl then..."

"Yah! Don't you dare!" she said jokingly. "I would love to be Mrs. Liu someday." she said with her sweet smile that I love.

"Good, because that's what I'm planning to do in the future." 

"Okay, well good night Ms. Liu!"

"Good night Ms. Jung-future-Mrs. Liu!" 

 

Krystal's POV

This was definitely a crazy night. I quickly washed up and lay on my bed. I hope I won't feel awkward towards L oppa tomorrow. And Amber, that dork! Future Mrs. Liu, why not? <3

 

 

Author's note: Please don't hit me with your pillows. I know I've neglected this fic for a few days and I'm sorry. I hope I made you happy with this update. Peace my readers! <3