Chapter 52

Make Your Move

Krystal's POV

I opened my eyes as I smell breakfast cooking from the kitchen. I quickly jumped out of bed to see my unnies. Maybe Vic umma is already preparing a special breakfast for me because it's my birthday! When I entered the kitchen, I was right about Vic umma cooking while Luna unnie and Sulli are nowhere to be found.

"Good morning Vic umma!" I greeted happliy.

"Good morning Soojung-ah... you're in perfect time, the food is almost ready." she said while busily stirring whatever she was cooking. She is just busy that she forgot to greet me. Luna unnie suddenly came out of her room.

"Hi Luna unnie~"

"Hello Soojungie... Vic umma... I need to go now..." she said with her bag on her shoulder.

"Unnie... where are you going?" I asked sadly.

"Ah... Soojung-ah... I have schedule today..."

"But unnie... today is my b~"

"I'm running late... bye umma, bye Soojung." she said and sprinted out the door. Really? She has schedule today? Sigh. I looked at our leader.

"Vic umma... where  is Sulli?"

"Didn't she tell you? She needed to go early this morning for Fashion King's press conference."

"What? I mean... really?"

"Yeah... and I... have filming for Ultimate Group so here... eat all of this... okay? I'd better get ready.." she said as she placed the kimchi fried rice and soup she cooked.

"Aren't you going to eat with me?" I asked stunned.

"No... I don't have enough time." she said and went inside her room. And I thought we can have a fun time together. Oh... my Amber... Where is she anyway? I took my phone and dialed her number. I was trying to call her but she isn't picking up. I looked at my phone with a frown. What's happening? Is my phone broken? But I have good reception.. Aish. After a few minutes, Vic Umma came out of her room.

"Soojung-ah... don't you have filming today?"

"No... director-nim gave me a day-off..." I said sadly... I can't believe they forgot my birthday.

"Wow... that's great! Well... I'll get going..." she said holding the door knob... "And Soojung, here's something from Amber." she said while pointing at a box on the coffee table.

"I'll go now... see you later maknae!" she said and closed the door. I went to the living room and looked at the box. It's just a small box. I opened it and saw a mini llama toy inside together with a letter.

My Beautiful Princess,

          Happy Birthday!!! Sorry I won't be able to give you a hug and kiss this morning. Manager hyung called saying we have to be at the studio all day for practice since the tour will start next week. I'm really sorry... I was looking forward to spending the whole day with you but this came up and I can't say no. Please understand. We will celebrate as soon as we're done, okay? I LOVE YOU SO MUCH PRINCESS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! <3

After reading the letter... I slumped myself on the couch. What a birthday. All of them are busy... great. I took the llama toy and stared at it. Sigh.. A few minutes later, I heard my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Soojung-ah!!! Happy BIrthday!!!"

"Thanks unnie..."

"Hey... why do you sound so sad?"

"Because... all of my friends are busy... I thought I could celebrate with them..."

"Hmm... they are? So do you want to celebrate with me? I'm free today~"

"Really??? Okay okay!"

"Haha! Finally you got your spirits up! Hmm... Let's meet at... 10... I'll drop by the dorm, alright?"

"Yes unnie!!!" She hung up and I hurriedly went to the bathroom. At least unnie will be with me.  Unnie finally arrived and I gladly got on the car.

"Hello baby sis!!! We haven't seen each other for months, have we?"

"Yes unnie... I missed you." We hugged each other before driving off. "Where are we going?"

"Hmm.. at a cafe... a birthday is not complete without a cake, is it?" she said with a smile.

"Yeah!!" I exclaimed while clapping my hands.

"How about Amber? Where is she?"

"Oh... their manager called and asked them to practice for the whole day... that's why I was so sad... Imagine... even Vic Umma, Luna unnie and Sulli didn't greet me today because they were so busy..." I said with a pout.

"Oh... Soojungie... You just have to understand them... it's work..."

"I know... but... this is my special day... tomorrow is a different day..."

"I understand...That's why I'm here!"

"Yeah... thanks unnie... I'm really glad you're here."

 

Jessica's POV

Hihi... Soojungie... If you only know what we've prepared for you... kkk... We reached the cafe and ordered a cake for Soojung.

"Here comes the cake~" I said while clapping my hands. "Happy Birthday baby sis! I love you!"

"I love you too unnie... thank you!"

"Make a wish and blow your candle!" I watched my sister as she closed her eyes for her wish and blew the candle. Aaw... my sister is really all grown up now. While we were enjoying our mini cake, my phone beeped and Amber's name popped up. I quickly took it from the table and read the message.

From: Llama Amber

         Noona... how is Krystal doing?

To: Llama Amber

         She's sad because no one greeted her. :( But don't worry... she'll be happy later :)

From: Llama Amber

         Okay... uhm... we're near your house now... Do uncle and auntie know that we'll be arriving at this time?

To: Llama Amber

         Yup! I already told them earlier..

From: Llama Amber

         Okay noona... please keep her happy and busy for a while...

To: Llama Amber

         I sure will... fighting!

"Unnie, why are you so busy with your phone? Who are you talking with?" said Soojung with a jealous expression.

"Hmm? It's just Sooyoung... asking if I could bring bread at the dorm later."

"Ah... okay.."

"So... are you done eating? Because if you are, it's time to go... shopping!!"

"Jinjja???"

"Yup! I'll buy you anything you want~"

"Oh yeah! C'mon I'm done!" she said and dragged me out of the cafe. We went to our favorite clothing store and Soojung was going crazy with the clothes in there.

"Unnie, does this look nice?"

"Oh it's so cute! Find a pair of jeans that could go with that shirt." Soojung kept roaming around the store while I just watch her enjoy this time. We barely see each other because of our schedules so I want this day to be full of fun for her. After some time, my phone beeped again.

From: Llama Amber

         Noona, we're almost done... you can start driving your way here.

To: Llama Amber

         Okay... we'll be there in an hour.

"Soojungie, are you done shopping?"

"Yes unnie!" she said with a basket full of clothes. I happily paid for everything and led her back to the car. I started driving without telling Soojung where we're heading. "Unnie... where are we going?"

"Secret... this day isn't over yet, you know."

"Ugh... tell me!"

"It's a secret... sleep first okay?"

"Sigh.. Okay..." After an hour drive, I sent Amber a message telling them to prepare.

 

Amber's POV

From: Jessica Noona

         We're almost there.

"Oh my god guys they're almost here!" I exclaimed which startled everyone including auntie and uncle.

"Honey... relax no need to panic." said my mom. "Don't worry.. she was also like this when Krystal came to our house. Kkk.."

"Haha! Your daughter is really charming Mrs. Liu... no wonder our little princess is crazy about her." said uncle that made me blush.

"Hyung... I'm sure Soojung will be really happy!" exclaimed Sulli.

"Jong... is the camera ready?" I asked.

"Yeah dude, fully charged!" Everyone is ready for the surprise. After a few minutes, we already heard a car parking outside meaning they're already here.

 

Krystal's POV

"Soojungie.. wake up, we're here." said unnie while nudging my shoulder. When I opened my eyes, I saw a familiar house in front of me. Wait, it's our house!

"Unnie, why are we here??" I asked in shock.

"I told you this day is not over yet. C'mon, everyone is waiting."

"Everyone?" Unnie didn't bother to answer me and just got of the car. We we reached our door, she held my hand tight.

"Knock knock, we're here!" After that, the door immediately opened and I was greeted with poppers.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOOJUNGIE!!!" I was so surprised, everyone is here. Vic umma, Sulli, Luna unnie, the boys, mom and dad, even auntie is here. But wait, where's Amber?

"Looking for me?" said Amber as she came out from the side while holding a huge birthday cake. "Happy birthday my Princess." I was so happy that I felt like crying. "Uhm... I think it's time to blow the candle." said Amber with a smile. I smiled back and blew the candle. Eveyone clapped their hands and I felt mom and dad hugging me.

"Happy birthday sweetie!" said mom and gave me kiss on the cheek.

"My little princess is not a baby anymore, is she?" said dad before kissing my forehead.

"Thanks mom, thanks dad."

"Hello Krystal, happy birthday!" said auntie before giving me a hug.

"Auntie! I'm so glad you're here!" I said as I hugged her back.

"Of course, when Amber called me for this surprise, I gladly agreed." I took at look at Amber and gave out a smirk which she returned with a dorky grin.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOOJUNG-AH!" My three members charged towards me crushing me in their arms.

"Yah... do you know how sad I was this morning?" I said jokingly.

"Haha! Sorry Soojungie, we just followed Amber's request." said Luna unnie. When it was the boys' turn, they walked towards me while holding something wrapped up.

"1, 2, 3... Happy Birthday Day Krystal, this is for you." they said in unison which made me laugh. These boys are so cute. I was so speechless with everything. Wow... this is a very unforgettable birthday.

"Time to eat!!!" I heard unnie say and all of us went to the dining area. I suddenly felt someone hold my hand.

"Happy?" I looked to my side and saw Amber smiling at me.

"Very." I answered with a chuckle.

 

Amber's POV

Seeing her smile is one of the best feelings I could have. All the panic I felt was worth it. I was glad I had this idea. I watched her as she laughed with her parents, as she talked to my mom, as she joked around with her members and sister and chuckled at my boys' dorkiness. Everything is perfect because there's a smile on her face. After eating, all proceeded to the living room while my mom, Jessica noona and auntie volunteered to wash the dishes.

"So... my little princess... are you enjoying your day?" uncle asked Krystal.

"Of course dad, it's the best birthday so far!"

"You know Amber when Soojung was young, she always asked me to give her a tiara so she will be a real princess." 

"Really Uncle?"

"Dad?!"

"Why it's true? Right Sooyeon?" said uncle while looking at Jessica noona.

"Yes... and she is also asking for a gown to go with that. Haha!" added noona which made Krystal cover her face.

"Unnie~ did you really have to say that?" said Krystal embarrassed.

"Uncle, can we take a picture?" asked Sulli as Taemin prepared the tripod and camera.

"Of course! Amber, please call your auntie and mom." said uncle before messing my hair.

"Okay uncle."

 

Krystal's POV

Aaw... dad and Amber really go along well. Dad looked at me and gave me a wink.

"I love you dad." I said looking at him.

"I love you too dear." Amber came with mom and auntie following behind.

"Okay... this is a multi-shot... get to your places." said Minho and all of us ran to the couch but since we're too many, Amber and the boys ended up sitting on the floor.

"Everybody shout, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOOJUNG!" exclaimed unnie and all of us followed. We had different poses but most of them were wacky ones. This is really a great day for me. The party came to an end so the girls and boys already bid their good byes. They will go back to the dorm earlier than Amber and I because she needs to take auntie back to their home.

"Thank you uncle, aunties and Jessica." said Vic umma.

"Thank you very much sir, ma'am, auntie, and noona." said the guys as they bowed down.

"You're welcome kids. You are welcome to visit again any time." said dad. We waved them goodbye and we all went back in.

"Is our baby princess happy?" asked mom.

"Yes mom!!"

"Uhm... mom, auntie, uncle and noona, could I borrow Krystal for a moment?" said Amber while looking at them. They all nodded with a smirk. Amber took my hand and let me upstairs.

"Hey... why are we going up?"

"There's one more surprise left."

 

Amber's POV

I held her hand as we went up the stairs. We reached her bedroom door and paused for a while.

"Why?"

"Nothing, I just want to have a private time with you." I said and opened the door.

"Hmm.. okay..."

"So princess... did you like your party?" she nodded.

"It was the best party ever..."

"Okay... uhm... princess... can you look out the window and check if there are stars tonight?"

"Huh? But I don't think we can see it here."

"Just check." I insisted. "Draw the curtains." I said. When she opened them, I heard her gasp and I smiled.

 

Krystal's POV

When I opened the curtains, I saw pictures of Amber and I posted on my windows. I looked at Amber in shock.

"Did you? But how did you?" I said unable to finish the whole sentence.

"Yup! I did!" she said as she walked towards me. "These are the memories we made together, and I want to add more so..." she said and took out something from my side table. Polaroid? Where did she get that?"

"Smile~" she said while holding the camera in front of us. We looked at the photo we just took. 

"It's lovely."

"Then we'll add it here." she said while putting adhesive at the back and stuck it on the window. "And princess, show me your wrist."

"Why?"

"This bracelet looks old already." she said while holding the loomband bracelet she made for me. She suddenly removed it from my wrist.

"Hey wait.. why?"

"Because it doesn't look good anymore."

"But I like this one..it's special."

"Then I guess I have to take this back." she said while holding a box..

"What is that?"

"This is a new bracelet I bought but seeing you don't want to let go of that... I'll just.."

"Wait... let me see it." I said which made her smile. I opened the box and saw a string bracelet.

"Hmm.. wanna wear it? I nodded.

"Okay..." she took it out of the box and slipped it around my wrist.

"Beautiful." She showed me her wrist and I remembered that day when we exchanged presents.

"It's really beautiful Am, thank you." I said and gave her a hug. We stayed like that without saying anything. I love this girl so much. I took a picture of my window before going downstairs. We bid my parents and unnie goodbye.

"See you again soon kids." said mom.

"Drive safely Amber."

"Yes uncle."

"Mr. and Mrs. Jung, Jessica, thank you for a wonderful time."

"You're welcome Mrs. Jung." We waved goodbye and drove off. We reached Amber's home after an hour and kissed auntie goodbye.

"Happy birthday again Krystal. I love you dear." said auntie.

"Thank you auntie, I love you too."

"Hey honey, take care of your princess, okay?"

"Of course mom, bye... I'll see you again soon." We drove back to our dorm again and I can't help but to be overwhelmed with everything that happened today. One word, AWESOME.

 

 

Author's note: The longest update I've done so far. I hope you liked how I wrote this. <3 Please say something... Thank you for your love and support readers :)