Chapter 20

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

We're back in SM Entertainment after a week break. All of us had a good rest and are now ready for a major event, SMTown. All SM artists will be participating  in this event and the boys and I are so excited since it will be our first time! We are now in our living room discussing songs that we could play for our number.

"Am, what songs should we play? Our manager said we could play three songs of our own and two with f(x)." said Jonghyun while cleaning his bass guitar.

"So we have She Looks so Perfect, Red and Teenage Dream for us. For our number with f(x), Goodbye Summer is definitely in... So what's the other one?" asked Onew.

"Amber, is it possible for you to write a new song?" asked Taemin.

"Uhm... I could try. How many days do we have?" I asked.

"We still have more than a week." said Key after checking his phone calendar.

"Okay, I'll try to write one tonight." I said.

"Yow Amber, you should make a move on Krystal now since you already met her family." said Minho.

"Yeah... what's next Am? asked Key.

"Don't worry guys... I'm planning on it but I should focus on work first. There will be a lot of time for that." I said assuringly.

We all decided to go to our rooms. Tomorrow is the start of rehearsals and preparations so we need a lot of energy. But before I went to bed, I thought about the song I should write for our number with f(x). It should be a duet again so the song should be about two people talking. Hmm... Think Amber, think.

Oh.. why don't we have a song about long-distance relationship but with a twist. Since being in a long-distance relationship is a little saddening and challenging, let's make the mood lighter by making the song upbeat. Okay? Guys, get ready with our new song for collaboration. 

The next day, I showed the boys the song I wrote but I needed help with the melody. As the day ended, we already embedded melody and practiced it so we can show it to our managers and f(x). 

SM Entertainment Music Studio

"That was great guys! Let's take 5!" shouted our managers. All of us took a seat and rested but Krystal and I sat a few seats away from the others.

"Hey, have you been in a long-distance relationship before?" Krystal suddenly asked.

"Uhm... yeah... with you..." I answered.

"Huh?" she said confused.

"Because I really want to meet you before but it was impossible so I just pretended that I'm having a long-distance relationship with you." I said while smiling sheepishly.

"Answer seriously!" she said and pinched my ear.

"Ouch! Okay okay.." I said while rubbing my ear.

"So?" she asked impatiently.

"No, I haven't. Actually I haven't been in any relationship." I said before gulping a mouthful of water.

"Oh... me too.." she answered while looking at the floor. 

"But I'm hoping to be in one soon." I said while smiling at her. 

"With whom?" she said asking the obvious. Before I could answer, the managers called us again to rehearse.

"With a princess." I whispered to her ear and walked directly to my position. When I looked at her, she's trying to remove her mic from the stand but obviously trying to hide her smile. I smiled too because now, I'm more confident about us.

We spent the entire week rehearsing and all of us are exhausted. Krystal and I didn't have much time to talk with each other but we both understand why. We still kept it professional. The last day of rehearsal came and all SM artists wished everyone goodluck. I even saw Jessica noona there so I introduced my members personally.

"Noona, these are my members: Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin, Key and Onew." The boys bowed to Jessica noona.

"Nice to meet you. Good luck on your performance tomorrow!" she said. We all said our thank you before bidding her good-bye. Our group headed to our dorm too to rest. Tomorrow is a 5 hour concert so we need to reserve our strength.

SMTown Event

"Let's give it up for Girls' Generation!" It's already SNSD's turn, only one more group then it's us. Like what we've mentioned before, our group will perform three songs from our album. After that, it'll be f(x)'s turn then we will go on stage again for our collaboration songs. 

Waiting for our turn is like waiting for major exam results, although we've performed many times already, of course it still makes us nervous.

"Let's all welcome, Tasty!" Oh my gosh we're next.

"Amber, we're almost up." said Jonghyun. I looked at them and they had nervous looks.

"Remember, we're in our garage. Always pretend that we're in our garage." I told them.

"10 minutes and The Strings are next!" the floor director shouted. I was busy calming myself and my members when someone held my arm and turned me around.

"Hey, good luck." It was Krystal. She said with a smile.

"Thanks." I said and smiled back before she walked with Sulli.

"Now, let's all give a round of applause to the first timers of SMTown, The Strings!" 

"C'mon guys!" We group hugged first and head on stage. We performed all our songs well and loved how the audience cheered for us. Before f(x) went on stage, we all wished them luck. We were watching them on the TV back stage and I'm still amazed on how good they are. After their last song, we went on stage again to join them. We sang Goodbye Summer which everyone loved. The crowd sang with us throughout the song. Now, it's time to introduce our newest collaboration song.

"Good evening everyone!" We all greeted and took a bow.

"Since we all know how you loved Goodbye Summer, Amber here wrote another song for us to sing." said Victoria noona.

"Oh that's right everyone, thank you for supporting our first song and as a gift, this is a new one for you entitled Jet Lag." The crowd cheered and applaud for us. Minho started playing the lead guitar.

*intro of Jet Lag

Amber and Krystal for the girl part

What time is it where you are?
I miss you more than anything
And back at home you feel so far
Waitin' for the phone to ring

Onew and Luna


It's gettin’ lonely livin’ upside down
I don't even wanna be in this town
Tryin' to figure out the time zones makin' me crazy


All members of both groups


You say good morning
When it's midnight
Going out of my head
Alone in this bed
I wake up to your sunset
And it's driving me mad
I miss you so bad
And my heart, heart, heart is so jet-lagged
Heart, heart, heart is so jet-lagged
Heart, heart, heart is so jet-lagged, is so jet-lagged

The crowd jumped through the entire song. After our performance we hugged one another backstage.

"Wow! Your song is really good." Donghae hyung caught all our attention. We didn't know that Super Junior is standing behind us.

"Thank you hyung. Your performance was great too." Jonghyun said. 

"Hey, you three look alike!" excalimed Lee Teuk hyung while pointing at me, Donghae hyung and Jonghyun.

"C'mon let's take a photo." said Donghae hyung. Everyone laughed after looking at the photo. Meeting other SM artists is really amazing. We finally reached the end of the concert and it was time to sing the ending song. All of us bowed and waved to our audience. As the curtains closed, we all headed home and rested.

Thank God SMTown is a success!

 

Author's note: Sorry for this very short chapter. Ideas kept flowing in and I just had to write them down. Not much about Kryber here but I'll update a better one tomorrow. <3