Chapter 7

Make Your Move

"Introduce yourselves please." said Lee Sooman. He sat in a row together with SM Entertainment directors and producers.

"On the drums is Taemin, Jonghyun on bass, Minho on second guitar, Onew on vocals, Key on keyboard, and l, Amber on main vocals and guitar. We are The Strings. Nice to meet all of you and thank you for this opprtunity." They all bowed to show gratitude and respect.

"Okay. What song would you perform today?" asked a producer.

"We will play a cover of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream. We hope you'll like it sir."

"Proceed."

Amber started strumming her guitar. Taemin then followed it with the bass drum.

"I think you're pretty, without any make up on. I think you're funny, when you tell the punch line wrong. You know I got you, so just let your walls come down. Down." Amber sang in her husky but pleasant voice.

Then Onew joined in.

"Let's just talk all through the night. There's no need to rush. We can dance until we die. You and I will be young forever." Amber and Onew's voices collided making a graceful harmony. The rest of the members played their instruments well and satisfaction can be seen through their audience's faces. 

The song came into an end and a loud applause was heard. Even the staff who were just passing by the studio stopped and watched.

"Very nice!" Lee Sooman commented. "Your voices together with your intruments just sounded beautiful."

"Thank you, sir" answered Onew.

"And Amber? The main vocalist, right?"

"Yes sir?"

"If I am not mistaken, you're a girl, correct?"

"Oh yes sir." Amber answered shyly.

"Hmm.. A boyish girl... In a boy band... Why not? I think it is a very unique combination."

The group was happy with what they heard.

"But lastly, why did you name yourselves The Strings?"

"Oh." Amber took her mic. "Because we compare ourselves with a guitar. Each string represents each one of us. Without one, there is sound but no melody. We need one another to be complete."

Lee Sooman smiled with Amber's answer. He spent a few minutes discussing with the producers and directors. The group nervously waited on stage. 

"The Strings?" Lee Sooman said in a serious manner.

"Yes sir?" All of them replied.

"Welcome to SM Entertainment!" 

"Yeah! Thank you so much sir!!!" The group were jumping for joy! It's official! They're finally a part of SM Entertainment! They all bowed non-stop til Mr. Lee and the rest went out. The group can't contain their happiness. They all went to a pizza parlor to celebrate.

"I still can't believe we're SM artists now!" Key said before shoving a pizza in his mouth.

" Yeah! I can't wait to tell my parents! Taemin said.

"Just imagine us performing on stage, the crowd shouting our names!" Minho muttered.

"And girls are gonna put our posters on their walls! Wuhoo!!!" said Onew.

"True! This is our dream guys, so let's take care of it." Amber said after taking a sip from her iced tea.

"Of course Am! Remember what we promised ourselves? We'll do it all for music." Jonghyun said while wrapping his arm around Amber's shoulder.

The group continued their little party celebration. After eating, they went home and can't wait to tell their families the good news.

 

Author's note: hello my dear readers. They finally made it! Hihi.. So for the song Teenage Dream, just imagine Boyce Avenue's version with a twist.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the song. No copy infringement intended.