Chapter 21

Make Your Move

Since SM Entertainment's major event already finished, all artists are back to their normal schedules. Amber and the boys are now in their dorm enjoying the weekend.

Amber's POV

"Minho, I want to eat chicken." Key said while showing his aegyo.

"Ew bro. Stop that!" said Minho and went to the bathroom.

All of us laughed at Key's silliness. He loves to piss Minho off. Since all artists can have a rest this weekend, Krystal decided to come over to continue our guitar lessons. She really improved a lot and can somehow change chords faster than before although sometimes she has difficulty doing the hard ones. For our lesson today, I'm planning to teach her a new chord pattern. I wrote a song for her but it's a surprise. I'll just tell her that it's just a song that I'm still writing and I want her to be the first person to play it. 

The Strings' Balcony

"So Teacher Amber, what are we gonna learn today?" she asked like a kid. My cute princess.

"Haha... today, I'm gonna teach you a new chord pattern. Don't worry, it's not complicated." I said with a smile.

"Oooh... I'm excited!" she said while clapping her hands. Her actions just made me giggle.

"So for the verse, it's C-Am-F-G-C."

"C-Am-F-G-C." she repeated.

"And this is how you should strum it." I showed her how.

"Hmm.. what song is it Am?" 

"It's a song I'm planning to write but it's not yet done. I'm teaching you this because I want you to be the first one to play it since you can play the guitar now." I said with a grin. She smiled and she got even more excited. I also hummed the melody so that it would be easier for her to play. After practicing the verse, I taught her the chords for the chorus.

"Very good Princess! Now, you're ready for the chorus!"

"Okay!"

"These are the chords for the chorus. F-G-F-G-F-G-Am-G-F-Am-G-C."

"Oh my gosh Am it's so confusing!" she said a little tensed.

"No, you can do it. C'mon try. You'll just repeat F-G thrice. C'mon. Fighting!" she tried again until finally she got the hang of it.

"See? You're really great." I said giving her a pat on the back.

"I'm excited to hear the complete song." she said.

"I'll try to finish it as soon as I can, okay?" 

"Yey! Haha!" she said with a huge grin.

"So, will you practice it at home?"

"Of course, I think it will be a really good song. Are you planning to include it in your next album?"

"Uhm.. yes yes.. if it will turn out well." I said.

"Sure it will!" she said then she lightly pinched my cheek. I found what she did cute and poked hers.

"Why do you always pinch my cheek?"

"Because you're so cute!" she exclaimed.

"I know." I answered with a hair flip. We laughed but after that, I turned quiet. We looked at each other and smiled.

"Why?" she asked.

"Thank you for spending time with me." I told her.

"I'm happy whenever I'm with you Amber." What she said made me smile. I think I'm really ready. We ended our lessons today and walked her to her dorm.

"I'll call you tomorrow." I said.

"Okay." she answered. Just like always, we pecked each other on the cheek and she went in. The surprise that I have for her will happen tomorrow. This is it, Amber Liu. Make her say yes!

 

The next day

I spent the whole morning preparing what to wear and what to say. It's gonna happen tonight. 

"Guys, I'm gonna ask Krystal to be my girlfriend tonight." I told the boys who were seated on the couch playing GT 6. After hearing what I said, all of them looked at me.

"Wow Am! It's about time!" said Minho.

"What's your plan?" asked Jonghyun.

"Do you need our help?" asked Onew.

"I already prepared everything guys." I told them what I'll do tonight and of course, they showed support and encouragement.

"Good luck Amber!' said Taemin.

"Yeah dude! We're just here whatever happens. I'll even buy beer for you in case she dumps you." said Key which made Onew smack his head.

"Ouch!" cried Key.

"Thanks guys." Wish me luck.

Night came and it's time to go to f(x)'s dorm. I decided to wear normal clothes so she won't get suspicious. 

"Good evening noona, may I talk to Krystal?" I asked Victoria noona.

"Soojungie! Amber's here!" she looked back at me and gave me a smile.

"Thank you noona." I said.

"Am? What are you doing here?"

"Uhm... do you wanna hang out with me downstairs?"

"Wait a minute." she said and went back inside. When she came out, she's already wearing a light jacket and slippers. I then invited her to sit on the steps, our favorite place. Haha.

"Why are we here Am?" she asked looking a little curious.

"Uhm... I already finished the song... do you wanna hear it?" I asked. 

"Of course!" she said excitedly.

"So, you need this." I stood up and took my guitar from the corner. I handed her the guitar and sat again beside her.

"Can you remember the chords I taught you yesterday?" I asked and she nodded.

"I want you to play it." I then took a piece of paper from my pocket. She was looking at it then I spoke.

"Please play the C chord two times and then continue to the verse." she did what I said and when she reached the verse, I started singing the words that were written on the paper.

I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life and I thought, hey
You know this could be something

As I sang, she was amazed on how good she was playing and I was so proud of her.

'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I'm left with nothing

I was staring at her the whole time and it was hard for her to concentrate on playing since she was looking at me to. As I started the chorus, I gave out a smile and she smiled back.

So maybe it's true
That I can't live without you
And maybe two is better than one

But there's so much time
To figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two is better than one

When I finished singing, I just stared at her. Now is the time.

"Did you like the song?" I asked her.

"Of course. It's really good Am." I smiled at her and stood up. I took the guitar from her.

"Do you agree with the song?" I asked while sitting beside her again.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think two is better than one?" I asked giving her a meaningful smile. 

"Yes." she said softly with her hands put together. 

"Krystal, since I saw your face on TV... I've always imagined myself talking to you, making you smile, and being near you like this." she looked at me, still waiting for the next words I would say.

"I wanna say thank you for letting me do those things for you. And now that we're here," I gathered enough courage and took her right hand in my left.

"I wanna continue taking care of you. Would you let me?" I asked giving her my sincerest smile. I was surprised when she stood up pulling me with her. We are now facing each other when she spoke.

"I love it when you talk to me, when you make me smile, and when you spend time with me. And I think it will make me happier if you never stop doing that."

"Don't worry, I don't have any plans of stopping."

"Good." she smiled and pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"I love you Krystal Jung. Be my princess." I whispered still hugging her. 

"I love you too Amber." she whispered back. After a few minutes, we broke the hug. 

"You just played my song for you." I told her.

"What? That was for me?" I nodded and gave her the piece of paper that I was holding a while ago.

"Let's sing it together? Okay?" We then sang again but this time, I played the guitar. Throughout the song, we were just looking at each other. I really love her and I won't do anything to hurt her. I wanna take care of her forever.

It's getting late so we went inside and walked her to her dorm. We were just standing by the door and can't stop smiling at each other. Before, we always pecked each other on the cheek but tonight, it's different. Before she went in, we hugged each other tightly.

"I love you princess. Good night."

"I love you Amber. You made so happy today."

"You made me even happier." Before letting her go, I kissed her on her forehead. She doesn't want to get in yet but it's really late already. She waved goodbye and went inside. Today is the happiest day of my life. I didn't prepare anything fancy for this day. I just prepared myself for the answer she will give. And she said yes. Krystal Jung loves me too. :)

Author's note: Yehey! Kryber is finally a couple!!!!