Chapter 47

Make Your Move

After the fun weekend, it was time for f(x) and The Strings to get back to work. Krystal went back to her filming while her other members were also busy with their solo activities. The Strings on the other hand are busy practicing their songs in the studio when their manager called for a meeting.

 

Conference Room, Amber's POV

"So... how are you guys so far? Do you feel bored already?" asked manager hyung.

"Of course not hyung." answered Jong.

"Yeah.. we actually enjoyed our past activities." added Onew.

"Hmm... if so... would you be happy to know that we're planning to give you your first Asian Tour?" asked manager hyung with a smirk.

"WHAT?!" all of chorused. Did we hear him correctly?

"Hyung? A-asian T-tour?" I stuttered.

"Yes. Your first Asian Tour." 

"Wow!!! Manager hyung!" exclaimed Minho. "When will we start?"

"Hmm.. we're thinking of doing it 5 weeks after."

"Woah! That fast?" asked Taemin. All of us can't believe this news.

"Yes.. Sooman-nim is really impressed with your group. He saw you guys really have potential so he thinks it's just right to show you off to the world." He smiled as he spoke.

"So... if it's an Asian tour, it means we'll be traveling around Asia? Woah... Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, China... whew I can go on and on!" said Key excitedly.

"Hahahahahaha! Correct! So guys, are you in?"

"YES!!!"

"Very good! So, I want you to prepare some new songs... it's okay if they are just covers. Then of course, we'll include those from your albums. Okay? Do well guys, I'll get going now."

"Yes, hyung! Thank you!" After manager hyung left, all of us can't contain our excitement.

"Wow! Asian Tour!" said Key while jumping up and down.

"Yeah! Oh my gosh I haven't traveled that much before!" said Minho.

"I need to call my parents about this!" said Onew.

"Hey, starting tomorrow, we should spent a lot of time in the studio so we could practice, this is a major event for us so we have to do well, right Am?" said Jong and everyone looked towards me.

"Right, so tomorrow, we'll go early to the studio so we could make new songs, okay?" They all nodded. Then again, we ordered pizzas, but, we made sure to have a meaty one and veggie one so it's still healthy. We don't want to get scolded by the girls again. We traditionally do this only for celebrations. I wanted to send Krystal a message now but I think she's still busy. Though this is a great opportunity for us, it also means Krystal and I will have less time together. She's so busy with her filming and I'll be busy with practice. Sigh... but sometimes sacrifices should be made, right?

 

Krystal's POV

Ugh... still a lot more scenes to go... I'm back to filming again. Today, we're filming my scene here in the company that Rain oppa's character is managing. It's fun doing my character as Yoon Sena. In the story, she is an aspiring songwriter so she uses musical instruments like guitar and piano. I know how to play the piano and I'm very thankful that Amber taught me how to play the guitar. Maybe that's also one of the reasons why they chose me for this role. So those scenes where I have to play instruments were less stressful for me. I'm learning a lot of because of this character, too. I'm learning about music which is very close to my heart. In this story, music means more than just words with melody, music here is an expression of feelings. Music tells a story, an experience, whether it's happy or sad. It can tell about a failed relationship, or about a first love. And because of this, I realized why Amber can make good songs. The reason why people loved every song that she wrote was because she writes true feelings and experiences. Like Goodbye Summer, it isn't her own experience but it's an experience of two people who loved and got separated, and other people can relate to it. It's a sad song, but because it's real, people learned to love it.

And about filming, my next scene is with L oppa. His character here is a member of a K-pop band and they are the pride of the company called ANA. They have a huge fan base and the company mainly focuses on them. His character here is a little aggressive, not too far from his real self. Since we started filming this drama, I feel that he is trying to get my attention. Like what I have said before, we got close because of the projects and endorsements we had but I didn't feel anything more for him than a brother. However, he is sending a different vibe and I don't like it. I feel a little uncomfortable whenever he's near me but what can I do? We're working together. I just hope that my worries about him aren't true. I want to call Amber now but my phone is with my assistant Sigh... I miss her already.

"L-shi, Krystal-shi, you're up!" called out one of the staff." Oh dear.

 

Amber's POV

To: My Princess

         My Princess, please reply as soon as you read this so I could call you okay? Love you!

 

I am planning to take Krystal out tonight because staying at the dorm would be too boring. I hope she isn't too tired when she finishes her schedule today. I've been thinking about that Asian tour. Imagining our band singing in front of a different crowd is exciting yet scary. It's exciting because it will be a new adventure for us but it's scary because we will be in a different country and we have to understand their culture. Touring around Asia will also make me miss Korea and of course Krystal. She will also celebrate her birthday soon, good thing it is before our tour starts so I can celebrate it with her. Hmm... how can I top her present for me? I hope I could do it well now that our schedule will be so packed. But, I'll do everything I can, she did the same for me. I also haven't told mom and Jackie about our tour yet. I bet they will be more excited than me. Haha! Better call mom now before I forget.

*phone ringing*

"Hello?"

"Hi mom!"

"Oh my baby Amber! How are you dear?"

"Haha! I'm fine mom! Mom, I have good news for you!"

"Really? What is it?"

"The boys and I will have our Asian Tour five weeks from now!!!"

"Wow!!!! That's good baby! But just your band? How about f(x)?"

"Yes just our band mom, Krystal and her members have other activities of their own. Have you seen Krystal's drama teaser?

"Oh yes! My future daughter-in-law is really good and pretty!"

"Mom?!" F-future d-daughter-i-in-law?" I was surprised. How can she even think about that all of a sudden?

"Yes! Why? Don't you want to marry her someday?"

"I do but isn't that too early to tell? Anyway mom, I'll call again you before our tour starts okay?"

"Okay, but when will you and Krystal visit? She promised me the last time we talked."

"I'm sorry mom but our schedules are really tight right now. Manager hyung told us to prepare for five weeks and Krystal has her filming going on.." I said in a sad tone. I miss mom so much but I can't do anything.

"Is that so... alright.... but really, when you have time, come home okay?"

"Okay mom, love you."

"I love you too my baby." After ending the call, I went to my room and took my music pad. Songs songs songs... what songs can we sing? I have to think fast so we could practice them for the next days.

 

Krystal's POV

"Cut! Alright! Good take! Nice job everyone and let's call it a day!"

"Thank your director-nim!" We all chorused and bowed to everyone. I immediately got my phone just in case there are messages for me and I'm right, there's one and it's from Amber.
 

To: My Amber

         My Princess, please reply as soon as you read this so I could call you okay? Love you!

*phone ringing*

"Hello princess?"

"Hi my Amber~"

"Why did you call me? I said I'll call you..."

"But I still have extra minutes... Kkk..."

"Hahaha! Okay... well... are you tired already princess?"

"Just a little, why?"

"I'm just wondering if you want to eat dinner with me tonight..."

"Of course I do... but it depends where you'll take me~" I teased.

"Hmm... Let's say... Outback?"

"Outback?! Really?"

"Hihihi... Yeah because I know how much you love meat. So... is that a yes?"

"Yes yes yes!" 

"I'll wait for you here at the dorm, okay?"

"Okay Amber... see you! Love you!"

"Love you too!"

*call ended*

"Krystal?" I turned around only to see L oppa standing behind me. Not again?

"Yes oppa?"

"Uhm... since we ended filming early today, why don't we grab a bite at the restaurant around the corner?"

"Oh... thank you for the invitation oppa but Amber and I will have dinner together... sorry.."

"Hmm... how about I join you?"

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Uhm.. can't I join? I'll treat you guys... I want to meet Amber too. I haven't seen her in a while." Seriously? He's really insisting this. What should I do?

"Uhm... I'll ask Amber first." I said as I turned around and typed my message.

 

To: My Amber

         Amber, L oppa is aking if he could join us for dinner... what should I say? Please answer fast.

After 2 minutes, my phone beeped for Amber's reply.

From: My Amber

        Uhm... yeah sure... I think it's okay :)

Argh... why is she so kind? I turned around again to face L oppa.

"Uhm... okay oppa.. You can join us.. Let's just meet at Outback Steakhouse, okay?"

"Great!" he said as he put his hands together. "I'll see you guys in a while." It's our first date and this oppa have to ruin it.

 

Amber's POV

L wants to join our dinner... everything will be okay... right? Whew.

"Hey Am, I thought you're going out?" asked Jong while combing his hair.

"Yeah... I'm just waiting for Krystal. You know what, L will join us."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know..."

"Krystal invited him?"

"I don't think so.."

"Well... make sure Krystal is always beside you... you can never know what's running through someone's mind.."

"Yeah I'll make sure of that."

"And call us if there's trouble."

"I'm sure there wouldn't be." I said with a smile. It's just dinner. After 20 minutes, our door bell rang. 

"Your princess is here Amber!" shouted Minho from the living room. I hurriedly walked and was greeted by my beautiful girlfriend's embrace.

"We'll go ahead guys. Do you want me to buy anything?" I asked as we walk out the door.

"No thanks!" said the guys. As we were walking down the steps, Krystal suddenly stopped and pulled my hand lightly. I looked at her.

"Are you sure you wanna have dinner with him?" she asked.

"Yeah... why?"

"Wouldn't it be uncomfortable?"

"Hmm... I hope not."

"What if we tell him that we changed our minds?"

"Princess, you know it's not right to do that... don't worry.. we'll just eat... as soon as we finish, we'll go home, okay?" Krystal nodded and rode the car. When we reached the restaurant, L was already seated at the corner with a bottle of champagne on the table. Krystal and I approached him I could see him staring at  our intertwined hands.

"Hello Krystal." Oh... he greeted Krystal first.

"Hi L oppa."

"Hello Amber, glad to see you again." he said as he extended his hand forward.

"Hi L, yes... it's been a long time." 

 

 

Author's note: Hi readers! I'm sorry for not updating this story in a long time because my ideas flowed for my other story, I Just Wanna. I hope you'll still read this. What do you think about this chap? Please comment, thank you <3